Is being 'anti vax' a form of suicide?

For philosophical reflections on the COVID-19 pandemic. How can philosophy help us to understand it, to combat it and to survive it?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Immanuel Can

Re: Is being 'anti vax' a form of suicide?

Post by Immanuel Can »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 11:31 pm Statistics by country are easily accessible and have been since the beginning.
Let's see 'em, Mr. Science. :D
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Immanuel Can wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 11:45 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 11:31 pm Statistics by country are easily accessible and have been since the beginning.
What the fuck? Google it yourself. Oh, I suppose they are all 'forgeries' too, put there by the lizard people to fool everyone.

Look, don't fucking get vaccinated. I couldn't give a rat's turd. If people don't want it then don't get it. If they were genuine then why would they need to be spreading lies to stop others from getting it? What would be the reason for that? Why all the gaslighting crap?

As I said, currently there is no one in ICU here. You can look at that in two ways. One, that vaccination works, since we have such a high vaccination rate, and we know a lot more about it now and have better treatments for it. Two, that it 'proves it's just a little cold'. Now, which one do you think the anti-vaxxers will go for?

As I said, if you don't want it then don't get it, just don't be a fucking nuisance to medical services that have better things to do, or fill up a hospital bed that could be used by someone with a 'real' illness (that isn't a 'little cold').
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 11:53 pm
What the fuck?
Hey, you're all about the science. An unscientific, confused person like me needs your help. Have some compassion.

Now, let's see what "science" has impressed you...
vegetariantaxidermy

Immanuel Can wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 11:56 pm
What the fuck?
Hey, you're all about the science. An unscientific, confused person like me needs your help. Have some compassion.

You expect me to post all statistics covering every demographic from every country from day one?

Fuck off and do it yourself you lazy kunt.
vegetariantaxidermy

No deaths 'woo hoo, yee ha, it's just a little cold'.

When there are a lot of deaths 'woo hoo, yee ha, the vaccine doesn't work'.

Fuck I hate those morons.

One of the few good things to come out of this pandemic is the large number of American evangelical pastors who preached that covid was a hoax and urged their congregations to not get vaccinated who have died of it. Good riddance.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 12:01 am
Immanuel Can wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 11:56 pm
What the fuck?

You expect me to post all statistics covering every demographic from every country from day one?
No: just the "science" that has convinced you that failing to get the needle was suicide. Your words, not mine.
vegetariantaxidermy

Are you still squeaking? I'm not interesting in arguing with science-denying religious nuts. There's no point.

And to a logical person, if there is something that could easily kill you and you have a way of easily preventing it from doing that yet you choose not to make use of it then it looks very like a form of suicide.
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

"Going by your junk food habit"

You see me eat KFC one time and then forward the theory that I have a 'junk food habit'? Not only is this a hasty generalization, but you've also made absolutely no effort to falsify that theory, and are therefore an affront to the very scientific method itself.

I demand a complete and utter retraction of that allegation at once.

"Pssst.. Immunisation doesn't 'tax' the immune system. Quite the opposite in fact."

No. I don't need the unnecessary traffic in my blood stream. There's no reason for my lymph nodes to up the production of T cells just so they can run around my body like idiots chasing impotent virus cells.

If and when the real, live virus gets in, I'll call in the calvary. But not until then. And in three days I'll spit that shit out and be done with it. They gotta make sumthin a little stronger to kill The Kid, VT.

In fact, I think I've already had it. Felt a little weird for a day or two couple months ago, and then again a couple weeks ago.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 12:29 am Are you still squeaking? I'm not interesting in arguing with science-denying religious nuts.
I'm not a "science denier." I'm looking for your "science," so I can follow you, and make up my mind "scientifically."

Except, you don't seem to have any...and that's a pity.
And to a logical person, if there is something that could easily kill you and you have a way of easily preventing it from doing that yet you choose not to make use of it then it looks very like a form of suicide.
Great! You say you know that the shot will save me. I'm sure you must have "science" for that. You would never bluff, I'm sure.

So what is your science that says that the shot will save you, and nothing else can?
RCSaunders

Post by RCSaunders »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:21 pm
RCSaunders wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:41 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 6:47 pm

What is that supposed to mean? Did you not understand my comment? Do you need me to guide you through it?
Perhaps. I just want to make sure I'm looking at the statistics for the right country, but you haven't said which it is.
This is the most current information but it changes every day. I have no interest in anti-vaxxer's and their gaslighting tactics.

"The number of cases and contacts are expected to grow given the highly transmissible nature of Omicron and as we learn more from case interviews," the ministry said.

There are 50 new cases of Covid-19 at the border.

Ten people are in hospital with the virus. No one is in ICU or HDU.
This is Zimbabwe, right?
vegetariantaxidermy

:lol: :lol: :lol:
RCSaunders

Post by RCSaunders »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 3:15 am :lol: :lol: :lol:
How come Covid is considered a pandemic, but flu is not?

You like statistics. Let's take New Zealand for example.

Total deaths so far from Covid (about two years) are 52.
[According to the New Zealand Ministry of Health]

Deaths in a single year from flu for the years:
2015 60
2016 50
2017 121
2018 73
[From an Official Information request to Ministry of Health]

Total deaths for the two years 2017 and 18 were 194. Almost four times the number of deaths from Covid. Why wasn't flu considered a pandemic?
vegetariantaxidermy

RCSaunders wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 5:05 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 3:15 am :lol: :lol: :lol:
How come Covid is considered a pandemic, but flu is not?

You like statistics. Let's take New Zealand for example.

Total deaths so far from Covid (about two years) are 52.
[According to the New Zealand Ministry of Health]

Deaths in a single year from flu for the years:
2015 60
2016 50
2017 121
2018 73
[From an Official Information request to Ministry of Health]

Total deaths for the two years 2017 and 18 were 194. Almost four times the number of deaths from Covid. Why wasn't flu considered a pandemic?
Glad you agree that the NZ govts. measures to contain the virus have worked so far.
Your stupidity is too overwhelming to deal with. Are you really incapable of thinking critically for yourself? Ask yourself the question and then sit down and think about the answer for a bit. Get those neurons working.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

RCSaunders wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 5:05 pm Total deaths for the two years 2017 and 18 were 194. Almost four times the number of deaths from Covid. Why wasn't flu considered a pandemic?
Because flu existed long before modern politics did, and so could not be used to induce panic and subservience. Likewise cancer, car accidents, and all the other things that routinely kill far, far more people than COVID ever has. They aren't politically strategic.

But the WuFlu was a new one. It came at a time when we could use it to panic the world, and justify forcing political and economic "new deals" on everyone.

Heck, the WEC has not even been shy about crowing about COVID being "an unparalleled opportunty for a Great Reset." Those are their own words.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

promethean75 wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 5:45 pm "Meat loaf died of covid and apparently he was an anti vaxxer."

Oh yeah? Well what if a fully vaccinated person dies of food poisoning after eating a spoiled meat loaf? What then? See, you didn't even think about that.
I loved Bat Out of Hell, but never wanted to eat Meatloaf in any way, especially "spoiled".