Is being 'anti vax' a form of suicide?

For philosophical reflections on the COVID-19 pandemic. How can philosophy help us to understand it, to combat it and to survive it?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

RCSaunders

Re: Is being 'anti vax' a form of suicide?

Post by RCSaunders »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 3:12 am It means more fires, less water, more extreme weather... Nono of which is particularly good for crops. Kristians are just plain evil.
I've been waiting 25 years for all these dire predictions to transpire. Have any idea when any of this will actually happen. Give us a date.
Impenitent

Post by Impenitent »

the corpses of drowned polar bears prevent forest fires

-Imp
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

RCSaunders wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:37 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 3:12 am It means more fires, less water, more extreme weather... Nono of which is particularly good for crops. Kristians are just plain evil.
I've been waiting 25 years for all these dire predictions to transpire. Have any idea when any of this will actually happen. Give us a date.
Which rock do you live under?
vegetariantaxidermy

Even anti-vaxx morons should be able to understand this data. Apologies for the fact that it's from a reputable source and not a conspiracyturd website.

https://www.healthsystemtracker.org/bri ... nfections/

As for this country, it has a 95 percent covid vaccination rate and not one person in intensive care with it. And no Henry, I haven't personally inspected every ICU in the country to make sure there are no covid patients in them. It's not exactly something that hospitals can hide, and why would they?

Post by Age »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:37 am
Age wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:01 am
Immanuel Can wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 12:50 am
Yes, he can.
Are you STILL going with the absolutely INSANE, ABSURD, and totally ILLOGICAL CLAIM that God is a "male"?

And the religious WHY they get LAUGHED AT?
Immanuel Can wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 12:50 am But you have to really want to know Him. He does not come and perform tricks to satisfy cynics. That is beneath Him, of course, and pointless, since a cynic refuses to be convinced of anything.

However, He has promised, "You shall find me when you seek Me with all your heart."
In other words, when you seek to CHANGE, for the better, Truly SERIOUSLY, and NOT for 'you', then you will come to KNOW Thy Self.
Immanuel Can wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 12:50 am So ask yourself...do you really want to know God, or is this just an idle and cynical question? What you get will depend on the truth of that.
WHY? 'you', "immanuel can", REALLY, REALLY WANT to know God, YET 'you' are NOWHERE close to God at all. In fact a LOT of the DISBELIEVERS here are CLOSER to God then 'you', the BELIEVER, are.

You continual CLAIM that God is a "he" PROVES IRREFUTABLY that you are NOWHERE near God, Itself, AT ALL.
As god is only a character in a book, and as far as I know it's a male character then yes, it's perfectly logical to say 'he'.
But if you think or BELIEVE that 'god' is ONLY a fictional character, then PLEASE carry on and call 'god' a "he".

But I was talking to those that CLAIM 'God' is an ACTUAL REAL 'Thing', with the 'male' gender.

What I wrote was in relation to those that think or BELIEVE 'God' is an ACTUAL - 'male' gendered - Thing.
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:37 am It's even more ridiculous when seemingly adult people invent their own version of this 'god' character and even steal his name :lol: They think they are being terribly unique and spiritual :roll:
Okay.

Post by Age »

Immanuel Can wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:49 pm
Age wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:01 am Are you STILL...
...not bothering?

Yes.
I am NOT bothered, AT ALL.

Post by Age »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:50 pm
Age wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:01 am
Immanuel Can wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 12:50 am
Yes, he can.
Are you STILL going with the absolutely INSANE, ABSURD, and totally ILLOGICAL CLAIM that God is a "male"?

And the religious WHY they get LAUGHED AT?
Immanuel Can wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 12:50 am But you have to really want to know Him. He does not come and perform tricks to satisfy cynics. That is beneath Him, of course, and pointless, since a cynic refuses to be convinced of anything.

However, He has promised, "You shall find me when you seek Me with all your heart."
In other words, when you seek to CHANGE, for the better, Truly SERIOUSLY, and NOT for 'you', then you will come to KNOW Thy Self.
Immanuel Can wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 12:50 am So ask yourself...do you really want to know God, or is this just an idle and cynical question? What you get will depend on the truth of that.
WHY? 'you', "immanuel can", REALLY, REALLY WANT to know God, YET 'you' are NOWHERE close to God at all. In fact a LOT of the DISBELIEVERS here are CLOSER to God then 'you', the BELIEVER, are.

You continual CLAIM that God is a "he" PROVES IRREFUTABLY that you are NOWHERE near God, Itself, AT ALL.
If God wasn't a male then how would he have raped Mary, made her pregnant against her will, and nearly got her stoned to death?
Have you considered researching the author of the "fictional" tale to see if the answer to this question is there somewhere?

By the way, I NEVER saw ANY thing about "mary" being raped in that story. In fact still being a "virgin" implies NOT being raped, vaginally. And, still being a "virgin" could infer not becoming pregnant against one's will. But, we will just have to wait and see. It is after all just a "fictional" story correct?
And, with ANY and ALL 'fiction' absolutely ANY thing is possible.
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:50 pm And for the icing on the cake he made her watch her beloved son being hideously tortured to death. What a charmer.
How, exactly, did the fictional character 'god' MAKE some fictional "woman" WATCH ANY thing?
RCSaunders

Post by RCSaunders »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 1:29 am As for this country ...
What is, "this country?"
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 1:29 am ... , it has a 95 percent covid vaccination rate and not one person in intensive care with it.
Of course not. They're all dead!
vegetariantaxidermy

RCSaunders wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 5:42 pm
What is, "this country?"
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 1:29 am ... , it has a 95 percent covid vaccination rate and not one person in intensive care with it.
What is that supposed to mean? Did you not understand my comment? Do you need me to guide you through it?
RCSaunders

Post by RCSaunders »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 6:47 pm
What is, "this country?"
What is that supposed to mean? Did you not understand my comment? Do you need me to guide you through it?
Perhaps. I just want to make sure I'm looking at the statistics for the right country, but you haven't said which it is.
vegetariantaxidermy

RCSaunders wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:41 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 6:47 pm
What is, "this country?"

Perhaps. I just want to make sure I'm looking at the statistics for the right country, but you haven't said which it is.
This is the most current information but it changes every day. I have no interest in anti-vaxxer's and their gaslighting tactics.

"The number of cases and contacts are expected to grow given the highly transmissible nature of Omicron and as we learn more from case interviews," the ministry said.

There are 50 new cases of Covid-19 at the border.

Ten people are in hospital with the virus. No one is in ICU or HDU.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:21 pm I have no interest in anti-vaxxer's and their gaslighting tactics.
Who are the "anti-vaxxers," in your usage?

Are they people who are against ALL vaccines, like Mennonites or the Amish, or Scientologists?

Or are you just trying to use that coinage to tar anybody who's skeptical of, specifically, the Fauci shots?
vegetariantaxidermy

Immanuel Can wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 11:00 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:21 pm I have no interest in anti-vaxxer's and their gaslighting tactics.

Are they people who are against ALL vaccines, like Mennonites or the Amish, or Scientologists?

Or are you just trying to use that coinage to tar anybody who's skeptical of, specifically, the Fauci shots?
There's no 'scepticism'. A sceptic goes with science and evidence. Those morons aren't sceptics. If that were the case they would go with the science instead of frequenting only their conspiracyturd websites and faux news. Sceptics my arse. You only have to look at them :lol:
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 11:03 pm

There's no 'scepticism'.
Oh. So because Fauci said "Do it," that's "science," and anybody who questions that is "a moron"? And reasonable skepticism is simply impossible? :D

So it was just pejorative.

What I know about real "science" includes the fact that science welcomes all data, especially contrary data, and invites disproof. But maybe you're thinking of a different kind of "science."

Anyway, you really shouldn't try to "win" arguments by way of mere insult. That's not a win.

But that's an old discussion we've had. I know you just don't see that.
vegetariantaxidermy

Immanuel Can wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 11:15 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 11:03 pm

There's no 'scepticism'.
Oh. So because Fauci said "Do it," that's "science," and anybody who questions that is "a moron"? And reasonable skepticism is simply impossible? :D

So it was just pejorative.

What I know about real "science" includes the fact that science welcomes all data, especially contrary data, and invites disproof. But maybe you're thinking of a different kind of "science."

Anyway, you really shouldn't try to "win" arguments by way of mere insult. That's not a win.

But that's an old discussion we've had. I know you just don't see that.
Who the fuck is 'Fauci'?

Statistics by country are easily accessible and have been since the beginning.