Is being 'anti vax' a form of suicide?

For philosophical reflections on the COVID-19 pandemic. How can philosophy help us to understand it, to combat it and to survive it?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

vegetariantaxidermy

Re: Is being 'anti vax' a form of suicide?

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

henry quirk wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:20 pm You clearly don't understand the difference between an opinion and a fact. Unsurprising.

sure I do: everything you've offered in this thread, for example, is opinion (and not even your own, but what's been fed you)

you're a 🦜 croakin' out the lines you've been taught

and you didn't even get a cracker

'nuff said
No one gives a shit what you 'think'. I've given you figures, but it's a water/duck/back scenario. You know better than anyone else, a bog standard know-it-all. I've encountered many of those.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

I've given you figures

and no source: you probably made 'em up
vegetariantaxidermy

henry quirk wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:44 pm I've given you figures

and no source: you probably made 'em up
The figures are publicly available. Do your own research. Ever wondered why people don't get polio any more? Or smallpox? Why are you on a philosophy site when you are incapable of simple logic?

Just curious, what is the 'motive' you have come up with, for govts. to risk harming their economies and losing votes, over a 'little cold'? Is it part of an alien lizard takeover? :lol:
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Do your own research.

already have, and still do: that's why I know you, or the folks feedin' you, are fulla shit

what is the 'motive' you have come up with, for govts. to risk harming their economies and losing votes

damn good question: why might folks in power scare the bejeezus out of a population then exercise on-going and essentially unlimited emergency powers to restrict and corral that population?

for our health?

yeah, sure, right...sucker
vegetariantaxidermy

henry quirk wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 9:39 pm Do your own research.

already have, and still do: that's why I know you, or the folks feedin' you, are fulla shit

what is the 'motive' you have come up with, for govts. to risk harming their economies and losing votes

damn good question: why might folks in power scare the bejeezus out of a population then exercise on-going and essentially unlimited emergency powers to restrict and corral that population?

for our health?

yeah, sure, right...sucker
Oooh, those lizards are gonna getcha...
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

those lizards are gonna getcha

is that what we're callin' sociopaths/the soulless these days?

might be a better descriptor than any other
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Gary Childress wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 7:43 am If God is out there, then now is the time to reveal it to me.
Yes, he can.

But you have to really want to know Him. He does not come and perform tricks to satisfy cynics. That is beneath Him, of course, and pointless, since a cynic refuses to be convinced of anything.

However, He has promised, "You shall find me when you seek Me with all your heart."

So ask yourself...do you really want to know God, or is this just an idle and cynical question? What you get will depend on the truth of that.
vegetariantaxidermy

Immanuel Can wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 12:50 am
Gary Childress wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 7:43 am If God is out there, then now is the time to reveal it to me.
Yes, he can.

But you have to really want to know Him. He does not come and perform tricks to satisfy cynics. That is beneath Him, of course, and pointless, since a cynic refuses to be convinced of anything.

However, He has promised, "You shall find me when you seek Me with all your heart."

So ask yourself...do you really want to know God, or is this just an idle and cynical question? What you get will depend on the truth of that.
Kindly do your proselytising bullshit on another thread.

Post by Age »

Walker wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 3:36 am
Age wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 11:22 am
Actually, have there been more so-called "anti vaxxers" who have died of covid or more so-called "vaxxers" who have died of covid?
Do you mean of covid, or with covid?
I pick up on this already when I specifically wrote:
How many so-called "anti vaxers" have actually died 'with' covid, and, how many died 'of' covid?

I had even put single quotation marks around the words 'of' and 'with' to highlight that that was what I was referring to there.
Walker wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 3:36 am I wonder if that information has been made available to the public?
I wonder the same thing also. But, there is not enough wonder, in me anyway, to go out and actually find out conclusively.

Anyway, what I wrote and questioned here, which you quoted and replied to, was specifically in relation to "anti vaxxers" and "vaxxers". The 'of' and 'with' issue was not of concern, YET.

I was just wondering who has died more 'of' covid so far, "vaxxers" or "anti vaxxers".

Post by Age »

Gary Childress wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:03 am OH!!! And I expect God to be (at the very least) "man enough" to take it if someone is angry at him for the shit we mere mortals have to put up with in this world.
I have heard 'you' are looking for Me "gary childress", so how can I help you?

Post by Age »

Gary Childress wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 9:35 am
Gary Childress wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 9:20 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 9:18 am

I don't think that's the case. They believe that suffering is good for the soul and gets them closer to jebus. Sick bastards.
Well, you have a good point there.
God loves the poor and miserable. Or to put it more precisely, God loves us to be poor and miserable. Great guy that God person is.
Here is another one who thinks or believes God is a 'person'.

Post by Age »

Yes, he can.
Are you STILL going with the absolutely INSANE, ABSURD, and totally ILLOGICAL CLAIM that God is a "male"?

And the religious WHY they get LAUGHED AT?
Immanuel Can wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 12:50 am But you have to really want to know Him. He does not come and perform tricks to satisfy cynics. That is beneath Him, of course, and pointless, since a cynic refuses to be convinced of anything.

In other words, when you seek to CHANGE, for the better, Truly SERIOUSLY, and NOT for 'you', then you will come to KNOW Thy Self.
Immanuel Can wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 12:50 am So ask yourself...do you really want to know God, or is this just an idle and cynical question? What you get will depend on the truth of that.
WHY? 'you', "immanuel can", REALLY, REALLY WANT to know God, YET 'you' are NOWHERE close to God at all. In fact a LOT of the DISBELIEVERS here are CLOSER to God then 'you', the BELIEVER, are.

You continual CLAIM that God is a "he" PROVES IRREFUTABLY that you are NOWHERE near God, Itself, AT ALL.
vegetariantaxidermy

Age wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:01 am
Yes, he can.
Are you STILL going with the absolutely INSANE, ABSURD, and totally ILLOGICAL CLAIM that God is a "male"?

Immanuel Can wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 12:50 am But you have to really want to know Him. He does not come and perform tricks to satisfy cynics. That is beneath Him, of course, and pointless, since a cynic refuses to be convinced of anything.

In other words, when you seek to CHANGE, for the better, Truly SERIOUSLY, and NOT for 'you', then you will come to KNOW Thy Self.
Immanuel Can wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 12:50 am So ask yourself...do you really want to know God, or is this just an idle and cynical question? What you get will depend on the truth of that.
WHY? 'you', "immanuel can", REALLY, REALLY WANT to know God, YET 'you' are NOWHERE close to God at all. In fact a LOT of the DISBELIEVERS here are CLOSER to God then 'you', the BELIEVER, are.

You continual CLAIM that God is a "he" PROVES IRREFUTABLY that you are NOWHERE near God, Itself, AT ALL.
As god is only a character in a book, and as far as I know it's a male character then yes, it's perfectly logical to say 'he'.
It's even more ridiculous when seemingly adult people invent their own version of this 'god' character and even steal his name :lol: They think they are being terribly unique and spiritual :roll:
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Age wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:01 am Are you STILL...
...not bothering?

Yes.
vegetariantaxidermy

Age wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:01 am
Yes, he can.

If God wasn't a male then how would he have raped Mary, made her pregnant against her will, and nearly got her stoned to death? And for the icing on the cake he made her watch her beloved son being hideously tortured to death. What a charmer.