Is being 'anti vax' a form of suicide?

For philosophical reflections on the COVID-19 pandemic. How can philosophy help us to understand it, to combat it and to survive it?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

vegetariantaxidermy

Re: Is being 'anti vax' a form of suicide?

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

bahman wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 9:06 pm
MagsJ wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 3:28 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 12:35 am Yes. Both of the ones I knew just died suddenly in their sleep, for no apparent reason. They weren't sick--just tired.
Coincidence? ..I don’t think so.

I don’t think I’ve ever had covid, either..

Well said.. in that vaccines are supposed to protect you, not others..
The vaccine protects others too by blocking the pathway for the spread of infection.
FFS. Practically everyone has had it now, vaccinated or not. Not much 'blocking of spread' going on by the look of it
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

MagsJ wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 10:56 pm
Sculptor wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 11:41 am
MagsJ wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 11:56 pm This was never just about a virus..

Um.. Ministers and top health officials, in public TV broadcasts and written statements..
Please cite
It was all over TV during lockdown, and in the news after.. how could you possibly miss it?
If it was all over the media why can't you cite it?
Given the quality of your posts, you've probably got the wrong end of the stick, or are misremembering.
Sculptor wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 11:11 pm You are so much more educated than me that you had to look up that Latin phrase! :lol:
“post hoc ergo propter hoc”
Knowing French and some Latin, I kinda figured it out.. it wasn’t rocket science.
Sculptor wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 11:14 pm
MagsJ wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 12:20 am
God for a grown man, you are so naive..
Idiot
So then why doesn’t everyone take the flu jab, to slow down the spread of the flu?
The flu is not the same thing, as we have 100+ years of herd immunity in every part of the globe.
It may well come, that a strain of flu (or corona) emerges in the future as it did t the end of WW1 that would make everyone getting the flu jab very important.
Deaths from the "Spanish Flu" range from 40 to 100 million, as much as 5% of the population, of the time. That would be up to 400 million in today's terms. Because of the vaccine only 6.4 million have died during this pandemic, but may still die if the corona virus mutates again to a form which by-passes the virus. The game is not over yet.
vegetariantaxidermy

Sculptor wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 9:25 am
MagsJ wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 10:56 pm
Sculptor wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 11:41 am
Please cite
It was all over TV during lockdown, and in the news after.. how could you possibly miss it?
If it was all over the media why can't you cite it?
Given the quality of your posts, you've probably got the wrong end of the stick, or are misremembering.
Sculptor wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 11:11 pm You are so much more educated than me that you had to look up that Latin phrase! :lol:
“post hoc ergo propter hoc”
Knowing French and some Latin, I kinda figured it out.. it wasn’t rocket science.
Sculptor wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 11:14 pm
Idiot
So then why doesn’t everyone take the flu jab, to slow down the spread of the flu?
The flu is not the same thing, as we have 100+ years of herd immunity in every part of the globe.
It may well come, that a strain of flu (or corona) emerges in the future as it did t the end of WW1 that would make everyone getting the flu jab very important.
Deaths from the "Spanish Flu" range from 40 to 100 million, as much as 5% of the population, of the time. That would be up to 400 million in today's terms. Because of the vaccine only 6.4 million have died during this pandemic, but may still die if the corona virus mutates again to a form which by-passes the virus. The game is not over yet.
Actually most people who died of Spanish flu died of bacterial pneumonia rather than the flu itself. And living conditions were nothing like what they are today. Not sure what your beef is. You're vaccinated aren't you? Plus, the elderly can just as easily die of a cold.
MagsJ

Post by MagsJ »

Sculptor wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 11:14 pm The flu is not the same thing, as we have 100+ years of herd immunity in every part of the globe.
I guess you will be happy to get yearly tri-vaccines and boosters then, for every strain that surfaces?

All jabs suppress the nervous system.. now that’ll be a lot of NS suppression going on.. enjoy the domino-effect of that, won’t ya! one of which is a depressed digestive system.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

MagsJ wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 2:29 pm
Sculptor wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 11:14 pm The flu is not the same thing, as we have 100+ years of herd immunity in every part of the globe.
I guess you will be happy to get yearly tri-vaccines and boosters then, for every strain that surfaces?
No - there is no justification for your assertion.
But we will have to wait and see.
I have no doubt that an annual vaccine will be part of our future.

All jabs suppress the nervous system.. now that’ll be a lot of NS suppression going on.. enjoy the domino-effect of that, won’t ya! one of which is a depressed digestive system.
You have made two unsupported claims.
Please cite.
Whilst it is true that a small minority has suffered from side effects, there is no doubt that without the vaccine the death toll would have been massive.
Right now the infection rate is massive, as bad as it has ever been in the last two years. Yet the hospitalisations are around 2000 per day, but the death toll is very low.
This is clear evidence that the vaccine is preventing serious infections.

The elephant in the room is why does America - a country that likes to boast of its amazing health system - have such a poor record of deaths from COVID??
The answer goes back to the other thread about poor metabolic health.
Americans are killing themselves with Coca-Cola and doughnoughts; gatorade and processed crapology
MagsJ

Post by MagsJ »

Sculptor wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 6:19 pm
MagsJ wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 2:29 pm I guess you will be happy to get yearly tri-vaccines and boosters then, for every strain that surfaces?
..for those that want to/can take it.. sure, but just like with the flu jab.. a choice.
MagsJ wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 2:29 pm All jabs suppress the nervous system.. now that’ll be a lot of NS suppression going on.. enjoy the domino-effect of that, won’t ya! one of which is a depressed digestive system.
Please cite.
Whilst it is true that a small minority has suffered from side effects, there is no doubt that without the vaccine the death toll would have been massive.
Right now the infection rate is massive, as bad as it has ever been in the last two years. Yet the hospitalisations are around 2000 per day, but the death toll is very low.
Near everyone I know has some sort of ongoing modern (shitty) illness.. fatigue, ibs, chronic pain, negative mental health, multiple food/pollen allergies, etc. etc. etc… I know! there’s a pill for everything, let’s just take that. :roll: ..y’all can all knock yourself out, on that one.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4615573/

Suppressed NS = suppressed digestive system.. Biology class 101, in the UK.
Sculptor wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 6:19 pm The elephant in the room is why does America - a country that likes to boast of its amazing health system - have such a poor record of deaths from COVID??
Americans are killing themselves with Coca-Cola and doughnoughts; gatorade and processed crapology
..addictive consumerables that they can’t get out of craving, as such products appease the reward centres in the brain.. coz they ain’t got nothing else to be rewarding those reward centres with, like aims or goals.

A multi-billion pound/dollar industry.. go figure. :roll:
vegetariantaxidermy

MagsJ wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 2:22 pm
MagsJ wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 2:29 pm I guess you will be happy to get yearly tri-vaccines and boosters then, for every strain that surfaces?
..for those that want to/can take it.. sure, but just like with the flu jab.. a choice.
MagsJ wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 2:29 pm All jabs suppress the nervous system.. now that’ll be a lot of NS suppression going on.. enjoy the domino-effect of that, won’t ya! one of which is a depressed digestive system.
Please cite.
Near everyone I know has some sort of ongoing modern (shitty) illness.. fatigue, ibs, chronic pain, negative mental health, multiple food/pollen allergies, etc. etc. etc… I know! there’s a pill for everything, let’s just take that. :roll: ..y’all can all knock yourself out, on that one.

Sculptor wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 6:19 pm The elephant in the room is why does America - a country that likes to boast of its amazing health system - have such a poor record of deaths from COVID??
..addictive consumerables that they can’t get out of craving, as such products appease the reward centres in the brain.. coz they ain’t got nothing else to be rewarding those reward centres with, like aims or goals.

Like the mult-billion (trillion?) dollar 'anti-depressant' industry where doctors practically force them on patients and they are even given to teens. Gee, I wonder why the suicide rate keeps going up. They don't work, have horrible side effects, and are turning populations into miserable zombies, and all when one dose of psilocybin a year can fix a multitude of mental problems. No wonder govts. have outlawed this wonder of nature that people can find in their own back garden! How the fuck can anyone outlaw a species anyway? Ooooh, people might use them 'recreationally'. How dreadful. Then make it available on prescription, or only to certified clinics so people can have it in a controlled environments. Doctors prescribe morphine, valium etc. which can also be used recreationally. So much hypocrisy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPXHITGqatI
Walker

Post by Walker »

Dr. Birx! Shame on you!

Former Trump COVID Honcho Birx Admits to Deceiving the White House and Just Making Stuff up to Push Her Personal Agenda
https://redstate.com/streiff/2022/07/17 ... da-n596695

Comment: She was just doing what she thought was right, however, she had no legal or ethical right to act as she did.

James Comey used the same justification to persecute, betray, and undermine his boss.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

MagsJ wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 2:22 pm
As always
Please cite.

Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

MagsJ wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 2:22 pm Near everyone I know has some sort of ongoing modern (shitty) illness.. fatigue, ibs, chronic pain, negative mental health, multiple food/pollen allergies, etc. etc. etc… I know! there’s a pill for everything, let’s just take that. :roll: ..y’all can all knock yourself out, on that one.

Dear oh dear.
This link does not say what you think it says.
And your personal experience is of no importance.
Vaccines has been an overall success, and I say that as a person who actually suffered from side effects from the booster.
MagsJ

Post by MagsJ »

Sculptor wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 4:36 pm
MagsJ wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 2:22 pm Near everyone I know has some sort of ongoing modern (shitty) illness.. fatigue, ibs, chronic pain, negative mental health, multiple food/pollen allergies, etc. etc. etc… I know! there’s a pill for everything, let’s just take that. :roll: ..y’all can all knock yourself out, on that one.

Dear oh dear.
Vaccines has been an overall success, and I say that as a person who actually suffered from side effects from the booster.
But your personal experience is of importance? right.. right.. right

I’m starting to find your naïveté endearing.. kinda.. a little.. no, grating

I ain’t complaining, so why are you? for we all made our choice, and now have to live with it.

Move on, jog on, bore off!
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

MagsJ wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 4:53 am
Sculptor wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 4:36 pm

Dear oh dear.

It is only of importance to me, and to inform my opinion.
What I am doing by mentioning that is showing that despite my negative experience I still have a positive take on the evidence.
This is of a different order of your reflection, which seems to falsely attribute your personal experience to the general.

I ain’t complaining, so why are you? for we all made our choice, and now have to live with it.

You are just making a fool of yourself
MagsJ

Post by MagsJ »

Sculptor wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 9:20 am
MagsJ wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 4:53 am
Sculptor wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 4:36 pm Dear oh dear.

It is only of importance to me, and to inform my opinion.
What I am doing by mentioning that is showing that despite my negative experience I still have a positive take on the evidence.
This is of a different order of your reflection, which seems to falsely attribute your personal experience to the general.
“This is of a different order of your reflection, which seems to falsely attribute your personal experience to the general”

..and I am statistically-speaking, from evidence that I have gathered across the board, not from my own personal experience.. why-ever would you think I was? ..that wouldn’t be scientific at all, would it?

I am very well-aware of how to gather and analyse data, from multiple streams.. I’ve been doing it in my day-job for a few decades now. ; )
Sculptor wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 9:20 am
MagsJ wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 4:53 am I ain’t complaining, so why are you? for we all made our choice, and now have to live with it.

You are just making a fool of yourself
..and you speculate on what you think my position and reasoning is, a lot.. inquire more, speculate less, perhaps.
nemos

Post by nemos »

At the beginning of the Covid campaign, when people had no personal experience but only information from the mass media, there was of course fear, even exaggerated, revealing the moral deformity of people in the fight for their personal safety (a ship with infected people was not allowed into port, a young guy pushed a pensioner to the floor, who did not observe the 2m distance, medics who refused to see patients because of an epidemic ...).
Of course I was scared too, especially after the blood-curdling stories about the events in Spain (I think maybe in Italy).
And yet I chose not to be vaccinated because my fear of the vaccines in question and the technology used to create them was greater, and of course the way in which the campaign was carried out played a part in my distrust. And I believe that it was my right, even though I constantly felt under pressure to try to violate it.

Later, as personal experience and statistics accumulated, people started to blatantly ignore all anti-Covid measures. Obviously because of fatigue and because there was nothing (except the media of course) to maintain the feeling of fear, because if every family had at least one severe (not even fatal) case, hardly anyone would be persuaded to vaccinate. On the contrary, people, including me, started to be confronted with various unpleasant facts that were labelled as side effects of vaccines - placing the scales of fear on opposite scale cups. After all, it is in our nature to choose the lesser of two evils, according to our sense of fear.
I do not advocate the disregard of other people's rights(just stating the facts), but I do believe that if induvidual rights are not respected then collective rights are out of the question, because the individual is at the heart of any collective.

Is vaccination, which does not strengthen immunity but replaces it, really justified? Because if we are forced to rely not on our immune system but on regular vaccines (every few months), then won't it lead to the fact that a drug-dependent society will gradually be cultivated, which will not be able to survive even a runny nose outside the health care area.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Antivaxxing is a symptom of a lack of community spirit.
The big vaccinations: measles, rubella, smallpox, tubercolosis etc, were the solution to the annual death toll typically in children that civilisation suffered from since time immemorial.
Vaccinations are most effective when large proportions of the population take the shot, and the pathogen has insufficient popluation denisty to thrive.

However having seen the success of the vaccination programmes, individuals think that they can get away with not taking the jab, since, they reason their personal chance of getting the disease is low because the vaccination programmes have been so successful.
Bolstered up with exaggerated dysinformation about the horrors of vaccinations, they not only refuse the jabs for themselves and their children but also, with the benefits of social media, spread their ideas far and wide.

It is no surprise that such mental deficiencies operate mostly in the USA, and find willing ears in the UK.