Is being 'anti vax' a form of suicide?

For philosophical reflections on the COVID-19 pandemic. How can philosophy help us to understand it, to combat it and to survive it?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Walker

Re: Is being 'anti vax' a form of suicide?

Post by Walker »

Gary Childress wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 1:19 am Of course, dying of starvation when global climate change finally makes most species extinct is going to be fun for the rest of us too. I feel so "blessed"!
Warm weather means more crops, more food.

Perhaps God is holding off the next Ice Age, which is overdue.

And, just for you. How blessed you are.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Walker wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 3:06 am
Gary Childress wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 1:19 am Of course, dying of starvation when global climate change finally makes most species extinct is going to be fun for the rest of us too. I feel so "blessed"!

It means more fires, less water, more extreme weather... Nono of which is particularly good for crops. Kristians are just plain evil.
Walker

Post by Walker »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 3:12 am
Walker wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 3:06 am

It means more fires, less water, more extreme weather... Nono of which is particularly good for crops. Kristians are just plain evil.
Sure, if you buy into the false premise and supporting, circular reasoning.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Immanuel Can wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 2:14 am
Gary Childress wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 1:16 am God must be "blessing" the weak with early death. How special...
You can thank Wuhan for that...the Chinese government, and all those men and women who participated in "gain of function" virology research over there. You can thank the Democrats for slowing the response. You can thank guys like Fauci and Biden for lockdowns, panic, economic collapse, rapid spread and injected toxins, too. There are a lot of people you can rightly thank...

But don't blame God for what men who persistently defy and disregard Him do. They own that themselves.
:thumbsup:

Very clear.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Now an Ice Age? That could be trouble.

An Ice Age ain't exactly weather, as in "extreme weather events."

:lol:

Every generation thinks it's the first to experience Heavy Weather.

The Ice Age would be more of a lifestyle for those who manage to live, probably the politicians.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Age wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 11:22 am
Actually, have there been more so-called "anti vaxxers" who have died of covid or more so-called "vaxxers" who have died of covid?
Do you mean of covid, or with covid?

I wonder if that information has been made available to the public?
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 10:44 am So many prominent anti vaxers have died of covid that you have to wonder. Wouldn't euthanasia be a pleasanter way to go?
and, in increasin' numbers, fully jabbed and boosted folks are bein' crippled by, and dyin' from the jabs and boosters

the euthanasia is on-goin', courtesy of the pharmaceutical industry and The State
Last edited by henry quirk on Sun Jan 23, 2022 4:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
vegetariantaxidermy

henry quirk wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 4:05 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 10:44 am So many prominent anti vaxers have died of covid that you have to wonder. Wouldn't euthanasia be a pleasanter way to go?
and, in increasin' numbers, fully jabbed and boosted folks are dyin', not of beer virus, but, from the jabs and boosters

the euthanasia is on-goin', courtesy of the pharmaceutical industry and The State
Numbers? Evidence (the proper stuff, not crap from your conspiracyturd websites)?
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 4:08 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 10:44 am *So many prominent anti vaxers have died of covid that you have to wonder. Wouldn't euthanasia be a pleasanter way to go?
and, in increasin' numbers, fully jabbed and boosted folks are dyin', not of beer virus, but, from the jabs and boosters

Numbers? Evidence (the proper stuff, not crap from your conspiracyturd websites)?
*yours first (the proper stuff, not crap from your propaganda outlets [networks, newspapers, etc.])
vegetariantaxidermy

henry quirk wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 4:14 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 4:08 am

*yours first (the proper stuff, not crap from your propaganda outlets [networks, newspapers, etc.])
Nothing would ever be good enough for you. I couldn't give a flying rat's arse whether you are vaccinated or not. In fact, I hope you aren't. Maybe catching it will jolt your tiny pea brain into some neuron activity (if you survive it).
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Nothing would ever be good enough for you.

actual information, instead of journalistic interpretations of information, would pique my interest

I couldn't give a flying rat's arse whether you are vaccinated or not.

I'm not

In fact, I hope you aren't.

good

Maybe catching it will jolt your tiny pea brain into some neuron activity (if you survive it).

the antibody test sez I've had it: me, I say I just had the flu (and not even a particularly nasty flu...just the flu)
vegetariantaxidermy

Yeah right :lol: That was ages ago so it would have been the first variant.

What an 'extraordinary coincidence' that all the anti-vaxx morons on here are the anti-choice religious nuts who are always banging on about their own 'freedom'. A nasty little cluster of them, like a case of mosaic warts under a foot.

Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Immanuel Can wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 2:14 am
Gary Childress wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 1:16 am God must be "blessing" the weak with early death. How special...
You can thank Wuhan for that...the Chinese government, and all those men and women who participated in "gain of function" virology research over there. You can thank the Democrats for slowing the response. You can thank guys like Fauci and Biden for lockdowns, panic, economic collapse, rapid spread and injected toxins, too. There are a lot of people you can rightly thank...

But don't blame God for what men who persistently defy and disregard Him do. They own that themselves.
No, IC. God created viruses. God created the capacity for strife and suffering. God created earthquakes, tsunamis, global climate change. All those things are his doing. You're worshiping a beast if you are worshiping the creator of this universe. I'm sorry IC but God has screwed me over for the last time in this world. I want no part of him. I'd rather go to hell than be anywhere near God in an afterlife. I'd rather die a martyr who was destroyed and cast out by God for no greater crime than hating a creator that refuses to reveal himself and condemns people for not worshiping him.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

If God is out there, then now is the time to reveal it to me. I'm tired of uncertainty. And I'm tired of depression and misery. If there's a God, then he can grow some balls and come see me.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

God knows where to find me and what to do to make this world a better place. I'm tired of this shit show. In fact, it'd be a better explanation of things if there were no God.