The Simple Science (and Logic) of Covid

For philosophical reflections on the COVID-19 pandemic. How can philosophy help us to understand it, to combat it and to survive it?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Sculptor

Re: The Simple Science (and Logic) of Covid

Post by Sculptor »

RCSaunders wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:55 pm
Sculptor wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 5:58 pm And the government has the right to protect society against people who don't give a shit and are spreading a fatal disease.
The government's way of protecting people is to punish before the act. One doesn't protect others from harm by punishing everyone who, "might," harm someone else. It's like punishing an entire society or class for what some people do.

If harry doesn't have Covid, he certainly cannot spread it to anyone else. There is no reason he should be restricted, (or jabbed, since it obviously doesn't prevent anyone from getting the disease).
You fucking whinging pathetic little millenial.
You've been lucky; previous generations have been expected to fight and die for their country, and you maon about wearing a fucking mask?
Wearing a fucking mask to go into a shop is not what I call "punishing."
Jog on!
No one is being forced to get a vaccination, nor wear a mask.
If you don't want to wear a mask then keep the fuck out of the way.
Last edited by Sculptor on Mon Jan 10, 2022 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Vaccination and general hygiene should be sufficient. Masks are just a fucking nuisance, and what's the point of them? I've never once sneezed into my mask. I haven't even had a cold for years. Who am I 'protecting' by wearing the stupid, annoying thing? And I refuse to 'sanitise' my hands. They are clean enough, thank you. I wash my hands. That crap gives me dermatitis, and I need my fingers to not be all cracked and bleeding, thank you very much. We are also potentially creating an even bigger problem by killing all the good germs we have on our hands that we need. Forcing children to sanitise their hands is just criminal. Children, especially, need germs to build up their immune system. If unhealthy old farts are that worried then they should live their life in a plastic bubble--just don't expect everyone else to.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

sculptor,

I was being rhetorical.

Here, sanctions against the un-jabbed are on the table. Folks in High Places are publicly promotin' sanctions against the un-jabbed, sanctions which include denial of hospital services, but -- okay -- you were bein' rhetorical, so we'll let that one go.

...address the main points of my post....

okeedoke...

age said: So, if someone had a disease, which they KNEW could kill "others" by just normal breathing, then you would have NO issue AT ALL with that one not staying at home, walking in a store, for example, without a mask on, next to you and/or your family members, breathing on or next to them, and then either you or your family members getting sick and/or dying, correct?

you: That only works if 1. They know they might spread the disease, 2 They give a shit that they might spread a disase, 3. They even beleive that Covid is real and not a massive lie on behaelf of the gummint. Sadly even people who give a damn and accept that covid is a danger can't tell, day to day, if they can spread the disease.
And also sadly there are plenty of clowns that don't beleive it is real and others that don't give a shit about themselves or others

me: again, if I'm a'fear'd of beer virus, or any other transmissible, then I ought keep my keister home, or adopt whatever personal practices I believe will protect me

and: if you're a'fear'd I might be a hot spot for a transmissible, stay the hell away from me...if I'm too close to you, open your pie hole and tell me to back off, bub

Not seein' how to elaborate on it.

...you know damn well there are plenty of people that aint gonna do that.

So: becuz some folks are too timid to speak up for themselves (but not so timid that they aren't homebound) I'm supposed to be hobbled? Joe is a'fear'd of beer virus: he's jabbed up and boosted, and he wears what he's been told is a quality mask. We stand next to each other in the grocery check out line (each on his little six foot apart floor marker). Seems to me he's protected, yeah? Even if Joe is timid (but not too timid), it shouldn't matter if I'm unmasked, un-jabbed, and asymptomatic, cuz he's armored up, right?

Rules are made for everyone, not just you. There are other people on earth besides yourself.

Bad rules ought be broken; yes, there are, and each and every one of 'em is responsible for themselves. Not a one is responsible for me.

...don't come into my shop spreading your shitty germs.

I won't. Your enterprise is yours to run as you like; you have no obligation to transact with me, nor I with you.

Because I have a right to protect myslef from you.

Yep.

And the government has the right to protect society against people who don't give a shit and are spreading a fatal disease.

And, we part company. As I say up-thread: public health folks -- insofar as they ought be doin' anything -- ought be clearing houses for clear info, and you, me, him, and her ought be left alone to decide to mask or not, to lockdown or not, to accept the jab or not

I personally see no evidence of a Coronapocalypse so: I ain't wearin' a a mask, not lockin' down, and ain't acceptin' the jab, and I don't care what edicts get handed down sayin' I must or will
vegetariantaxidermy

henry quirk wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 1:25 am sculptor,

I was being rhetorical.

Here, sanctions against the un-jabbed are on the table. Folks in High Places are publicly promotin' sanctions against the un-jabbed, sanctions which include denial of hospital services, but -- okay -- you were bein' rhetorical, so we'll let that one go.

...address the main points of my post....

okeedoke...

age said: So, if someone had a disease, which they KNEW could kill "others" by just normal breathing, then you would have NO issue AT ALL with that one not staying at home, walking in a store, for example, without a mask on, next to you and/or your family members, breathing on or next to them, and then either you or your family members getting sick and/or dying, correct?

you: That only works if 1. They know they might spread the disease, 2 They give a shit that they might spread a disase, 3. They even beleive that Covid is real and not a massive lie on behaelf of the gummint. Sadly even people who give a damn and accept that covid is a danger can't tell, day to day, if they can spread the disease.
And also sadly there are plenty of clowns that don't beleive it is real and others that don't give a shit about themselves or others

me: again, if I'm a'fear'd of beer virus, or any other transmissible, then I ought keep my keister home, or adopt whatever personal practices I believe will protect me

and: if you're a'fear'd I might be a hot spot for a transmissible, stay the hell away from me...if I'm too close to you, open your pie hole and tell me to back off, bub

Not seein' how to elaborate on it.

...you know damn well there are plenty of people that aint gonna do that.

So: becuz some folks are too timid to speak up for themselves (but not so timid that they aren't homebound) I'm supposed to be hobbled? Joe is a'fear'd of beer virus: he's jabbed up and boosted, and he wears what he's been told is a quality mask. We stand next to each other in the grocery check out line (each on his little six foot apart floor marker). Seems to me he's protected, yeah? Even if Joe is timid (but not too timid), it shouldn't matter if I'm unmasked, un-jabbed, and asymptomatic, cuz he's armored up, right?

Rules are made for everyone, not just you. There are other people on earth besides yourself.

Bad rules ought be broken; yes, there are, and each and every one of 'em is responsible for themselves. Not a one is responsible for me.

...don't come into my shop spreading your shitty germs.

I won't. Your enterprise is yours to run as you like; you have no obligation to transact with me, nor I with you.

Because I have a right to protect myslef from you.

Yep.

And the government has the right to protect society against people who don't give a shit and are spreading a fatal disease.

And, we part company. As I say up-thread: public health folks -- insofar as they ought be doin' anything -- ought be clearing houses for clear info, and you, me, him, and her ought be left alone to decide to mask or not, to lockdown or not, to accept the jab or not

I personally see no evidence of a Coronapocalypse so: I ain't wearin' a a mask, not lockin' down, and ain't acceptin' the jab, and I don't care what edicts get handed down sayin' I must or will
Unjabbed morons is a dream come true. Imagine, a virus that only kills morons. Talk about looking a gift horse in the mouth. Instead, we are all expected to 'protect' these fuckwits.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Fucking masks are just a nuisence. They don't work!!
Look at these idiots.
Morons wearing ineffective protection
Morons wearing ineffective protection
Capture.JPG (31.21 KiB) Viewed 5436 times
vegetariantaxidermy

Most of us aren't a few inches away from another persons innards all day.
Some people are getting really bad acne (maskne) from the stupid masks so appreciate what the young are doing to 'protect' people like those who have abused their own health their whole lives by smoking and putting other shit in their bodies. And acne is no joke in young people. It can cause them to be suicidal. It also makes no difference how regularly the masks are washed/discarded. It's just not natural to be constantly recycling your own breath. Some people are extra sensitive to that.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

No vac Novak Djokovic is allowed to play in the Australian Open 2022 because he is very rich and healthy, and people who are very rich and healthy, it seems, can cause 'rule makers' rules to bend in ways that were not how they were intended to be. :D

I like that rules can be bent. Just goes to prove these rules were never actually straight in the first place. :D

Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Haay up...wait...The Australian Border Force are investigating claims that Novak Djokovic allegedly lied on his entry form to enter the country in another twist to the ongoing visa saga.

Hmm 🤔..what an entangled web we weave. Get me off this clown planet now.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Dontaskme wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 10:50 am Haay up...wait...The Australian Border Force are investigating claims that Novak Djokovic allegedly lied on his entry form to enter the country in another twist to the ongoing visa saga.

Novak Djokovic is the current dead cat story, covering up real news stories.
Walker

Post by Walker »

1. Is the news story made real because of the news source, or because of the facts?

2. Is the following quote a fact?

“We know the two-dose vaccine offers very limited protection, if any. The three doses with a booster, offers reasonable protection against hospitalization and death.”
- Albert Bourla, CEO of Pfizer

https://theconservativetreehouse.com/bl ... alization/
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Sculptor wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 11:08 am
Dontaskme wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 10:50 am Haay up...wait...The Australian Border Force are investigating claims that Novak Djokovic allegedly lied on his entry form to enter the country in another twist to the ongoing visa saga.

👍
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Walker wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 11:27 am 1. Is the news story made real because of the news source, or because of the facts?

2. Is the following quote a fact?

“We know the two-dose vaccine offers very limited protection, if any. The three doses with a booster, offers reasonable protection against hospitalization and death.”
- Albert Bourla, CEO of Pfizer

https://theconservativetreehouse.com/bl ... alization/
Meanwhile,energy firm advices cuddle your cat and do star jumps to keep warm if you cannot afford to heat your house amid £2000 price hike to energy bills. Also make sure you work from home to ensure good social distancing which will mean you will need to have your heating on all day that you may not be able to afford now. But do not worry about the possiblity of dying from hypothermia as long as you have had your triple jab you will stay alive. Ok thanks, that makes perfect sense. your welcome.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Sculptor wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 11:08 am
Do you have any juicy real stories to share with us Sculptor?

Serious question by the way, I'm genuinely interested in what you may have in mind.
Walker

Post by Walker »

If true*, this would be quite difficult to top as a current news story.

"The two dose vaccine offers very limited protection, in any."

Wait long enough and something really big is bound to happen, though.

* Difficult to top if he said it, and if what he said is true, or false.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Walker wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 12:37 pm If true*, this would be quite difficult to top as a current news story.

"The two dose vaccine offers very limited protection, in any."

Wait long enough and something really big is bound to happen, though.

* Difficult to top if he said it, and if what he said is true, or false.
The stats disagree with this fake news story.
These are the graphs fo infections and Deaths in the same period.
You can see the moment the vaccinations began to be introduced.
Deaths
Deaths
image_2022-01-11_120527.png (48.15 KiB) Viewed 5373 times
INfections
INfections
infections.JPG (28.33 KiB) Viewed 5373 times