If you're not a conspiracy theorist you ain't paying attention

For philosophical reflections on the COVID-19 pandemic. How can philosophy help us to understand it, to combat it and to survive it?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Dontaskme

If you're not a conspiracy theorist you ain't paying attention

Post by Dontaskme »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frn3WT15Dy8
'This Is Now Becoming A Pattern': Jordan Slams YouTube Covid-19 'Censorship'

Duration: 6:18 mins
Censoring doesn't make it untrue, only that you're afraid of what is being said.

Re: If you're not a conspiracy theorist you ain't paying attention

Post by Age »

Dontaskme wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 1:04 pm https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frn3WT15Dy8

Censoring doesn't make it untrue, only that you're afraid of what is being said.
But censoring does NOT necessarily mean that one is ONLY afraid of what is being said.

One might want to just censor 'that', what is a Falsehood, and which is KNOWN to cause more Wrong.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Dontaskme wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 1:04 pm https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frn3WT15Dy8

I agree with Age's statement above. As a layman, I can't say what's going on. Is the dissenting doctor from the YouTube video suggesting that we let the virus run its course and kill however many people it's going to kill until only the strong are left?

One question asked was whether masks are effective on school children and the doctor who gave the answer to it saying that it's "nuanced" sounds a bit more rational to me. I mean, I don't know why the doctor who had his YouTube video cut would go to YouTube to spread his beliefs anyway. Why not present his evidence and beliefs to other scientists for peer review before starting rumors among laypeople who don't know the difference one way or the other? It sounds like the doctor on YouTube is essentially circumventing the scientific process of peer review and debate.
Walker

Post by Walker »

An entertaining dramatization of double think, applied to the Covid-19 response.

https://rumble.com/vs4zh0-covid-pitch-meeting.html
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Reports today reverse the mandatory covid vaccine imposed upon all NHS medical staff and care workers.

Apparently, they do not have to have the vaccine now, the mandatory vaccine fiasco has been scrapped.

Many NHS workers have already left their jobs because they refused to be ordered to take a vaccine they did not want.
Those workers that left will probably never return. What a pointless waste. Those dedicated medical people are now the loss of the NHS...due to the bluff that is the work of an incompetent lying government.

Our governments are lying to us. We would rather follow a lie than face the truth, because the truth does not want to be heard.

RCSaunders

Post by RCSaunders »

The problem with all conspiracy theories is that those accused of conspiring to some great evil are almost always people who are too stupid to figure out how dress in the morning, much less plan and carry out some great complex conspiracy. Most of those things call conspiracies are just idiots (read academics and politicians) doing what idiots do.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Last night The Brandon, at first shouting and angry, then doing the slow waltz around the big room with the other ancient ones, trading palm sweat and forehead kisses and breathy germs, demonstrated to the world that PC is now Mask no mas!
jayjacobus

Post by jayjacobus »

RCSaunders wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 3:10 pm

The problem with all conspiracy theories is that those accused of conspiring to some great evil are almost always people who are too stupid to figure out how dress in the morning, much less plan and carry out some great complex conspiracy. Most of those things call conspiracies are just idiots (read academics and politicians) doing what idiots do.
The information about Covid-19 is misleading.

Apples and oranges. Prior diseases were measured by the number of deaths, Covid-19 is being measured by the number of positive tests. That makes for a non-comparable statistic.

The number of positive tests increased 3 fold at times but the number of deaths actually fell.

Herd immunity has defeated the Spanish flu, Ebola and other diseases but the medical experts have said that herd immunity will not defeat Covid-19. Why do they say that?

The Covid-19 vaccine came as deaths were falling. Thus, the vaccine had a secondary effect on the virus. Herd immunity seems like the primary effect.

Is the bad information meant to intentionally mislead? What else could it be? Perhaps Fauci couldn't figure out how to get dressed in the morning.
Last edited by jayjacobus on Wed Mar 02, 2022 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

If it's misleading, it's not because of some deep state conspiracy to alter human DNA, control population, or destroy economies... but because one of the world's leading most capitalist parasites - big pharma - has found and seized an opportunity to profit.
jayjacobus

Post by jayjacobus »

promethean75 wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 8:51 pm If it's misleading, it's not because of some deep state conspiracy to alter human DNA, control population, or destroy economies... but because one of the world's leading most capitalist parasites - big pharma - has found and seized an opportunity to profit.
That's your opinion. What EVIDENCE do you have?

They did control the population and economies were affected.
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

But 'the control of the population' was not to 'effect the economy'. Governments simply put mandates in place to try and slow/control the transmission of the virus.... and as a consequence, economy was effected.

Let's assume tho that the conspiracy bimbos are right. Here we are two years later. Half the world is vaccinated, fatalities are dropping, the new mutations of the original variant are much weaker, and the economy is on the rebound (to the extent that other factors aren't effecting it). So what am I supposed to be looking for? Nobody has grown a third leg, cities aren't in ruin, and nobody is broker (broker than they already were, anyway).

The only thing to come out of this worth noting is big pharma just got paid. Well that and a few privately owned hospitals that got federal/state financial aid by being over crowded and/or falsely reporting covid related deaths.

In the end, the working class, as they've always done, foots the bill with their taxes. And their resilience is remarkable. They're getting ready to foot the bill for this Ukraine fiasco next. For centuries they have been carrying politicians and big business owners like a cancer, and still them niggas put that work in.
jayjacobus

Post by jayjacobus »

They didn't control the virus. In fact they said that the virus keeps mutating. Doesn't that mean that the virus is out of control?

Edit: I can go along with your third and fourth paragraph.
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

I don't understand the relevance of that question. However I answer it wouldn't detract from what I explained, so I can't imagine why you would ax it. What do you mean by 'out of control'? Are any viruses ever really 'under control'?
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

"Edit: I can go along with your third and fourth paragraph."

Eeeeggcellent, comrade Jay. Give me the forum philosophers and I will make them Bolsheviks for life.
Phil8659

Post by Phil8659 »

The conspiracy is not a theory, search the net, Youtube and Google have had a long history of censorship. Have had a number of of lawsuits filed against them, but you cannot stop organizations with that much money.
I have been banned, both by YouTube and Google for posting works on grammar and philosophy. Imagine that.

Youtube was started by virtually kids, out to make a platform of the people for the people. Google bought it and has turned it into a means of effecting the political world through censorship.
It is not a theory at all.