If you're not a conspiracy theorist you ain't paying attention

For philosophical reflections on the COVID-19 pandemic. How can philosophy help us to understand it, to combat it and to survive it?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Gary Childress

Re: If you're not a conspiracy theorist you ain't paying attention

Post by Gary Childress »

Phil8659 wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 10:55 pm The conspiracy is not a theory, search the net, Youtube and Google have had a long history of censorship. Have had a number of of lawsuits filed against them, but you cannot stop organizations with that much money.
I have been banned, both by YouTube and Google for posting works on grammar and philosophy. Imagine that.

Youtube was started by virtually kids, out to make a platform of the people for the people. Google bought it and has turned it into a means of effecting the political world through censorship.
It is not a theory at all.
Why would Google ban your works on grammar and philosophy? What on Earth did you say in them that would bring that on?
Phil8659

Post by Phil8659 »

Gary Childress wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 10:10 am
Phil8659 wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 10:55 pm The conspiracy is not a theory, search the net, Youtube and Google have had a long history of censorship. Have had a number of of lawsuits filed against them, but you cannot stop organizations with that much money.
I have been banned, both by YouTube and Google for posting works on grammar and philosophy. Imagine that.

Youtube was started by virtually kids, out to make a platform of the people for the people. Google bought it and has turned it into a means of effecting the political world through censorship.
Why would Google ban your works on grammar and philosophy? What on Earth did you say in them that would bring that on?
As I said, those works, many of them are backed up on the worlds largest digital library.

https://archive.org/search.php?query=jo ... publicdate

You can view them yourself, and try to answer your own question. But ask the question by doing a search of how long and how expansive google censorship has been going on, or do you have trouble with knowing how to use a search engine?
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Phil8659 wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 10:15 am
Gary Childress wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 10:10 am

As I said, those works, many of them are backed up on the worlds largest digital library.

https://archive.org/search.php?query=jo ... publicdate

You can view them yourself, and try to answer your own question. But ask the question by doing a search of how long and how expansive google censorship has been going on, or do you have trouble with knowing how to use a search engine?
To be honest, if you're not interested in sharing why it is that your content was banned, then it doesn't sound all that important to me. Not all of us have the time or inclination to do exhaustive research, especially when a question could be easily answered in a few simple words from the author of the accusation himself.
Phil8659

Post by Phil8659 »

LAMO, there goes the wanna-bee tucking its head into its transparent shell.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Phil8659 wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 10:21 am LAMO, there goes the wanna-bee tucking its head into its transparent shell.
It was an honest question. You say there's censorship (that you were censored for posting something about grammar and philosophy), I asked why what you posted was banned and you sound more concerned with winning an ego war than with enlightening us on why your content was banned. I'm willing to listen if you're willing to share.
Phil8659

Post by Phil8659 »

Gary Childress wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 10:25 am
Phil8659 wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 10:21 am LAMO, there goes the wanna-bee tucking its head into its transparent shell.
It was an honest question. You say there's censorship (that you were censored for posting something about grammar and philosophy), I asked why what you posted was banned and you sound more concerned with winning an ego war than with enlightening us on why your content was banned. I'm willing to listen if you're willing to share.
One more time, genius, if you want to know what a tree has to say, where do you go to find out, to a stone, or to the tree?
Who answers for what they do, the people they do it too, or the people that do it. How stupid can you be?
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Phil8659 wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 10:29 am
One more time, genius, if you want to know what a tree has to say, where do you go to find out, to a stone, or to the tree?
Who answers for what they do, the people they do it too, or the people that do it. How stupid can you be?
Yes, "genius" I'm going to the tree. I'm asking YOU why you were banned and for whatever reason, you're being coy about it.
Phil8659

Post by Phil8659 »

Gary Childress wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 10:30 am

Yes, "genius" I'm going to the tree. I'm asking YOU why you were banned and for whatever reason, you're being coy about it.
Wow, ever have anyone tell you that your reading comprehension is very low?
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Phil8659 wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 10:33 am

What? Am I supposed to email Google customer service and ask them why you were banned? Do you live in reality?
Phil8659

Post by Phil8659 »

Gary Childress wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 10:36 am

What? Am I supposed to email Google customer service and ask them why you were banned? Do you live in reality?
Do you actually believe with all the class action suits against Google for censorship they would tell your or me? And you are apparently wholly ignorant of the social structure you live in. Talk about delusional.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Phil8659 wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 10:38 am
Gary Childress wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 10:36 am

Do you actually believe with all the class action suits against Google for censorship they would tell your or me?
Ah, the swami awakens to why I wouldn't email Google customer service. Teach me oh great one! I bow before your wisdom!
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Aww. Poor Gary. He'll have to remain ignorant. Oh well. The swami won't waste his time with me.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Never before has so little been said by someone who, maybe, ought to be saying a lot. Are the mods at Philosophy Now going to send stormtroopers to your home? Or will they alert Google who will then send the police? I honestly don't understand what is more terrifying about speaking out than is terrifying about remaining silent?