Vaccine Passports are Systemically Racist?

For philosophical reflections on the COVID-19 pandemic. How can philosophy help us to understand it, to combat it and to survive it?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Dontaskme

Re: Vaccine Passports are Systemically Racist?

Post by Dontaskme »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:25 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:19 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:15 pm
What's a 'fake person'? We're all fake.
That's right, we're all fake. I can smell the BS because I'm really full on aware. So much so, I died, because I could see through the fakeness of the person I thought I was.

I died to be with God, my true self. That no one.
Are you sure you don't drink? 8)
I don’t
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Immanuel Can wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:31 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:26 pm
Immanuel Can wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:07 pm It's not "good" that's the issue: it's when we surrender our own responsibility to choose the good and reject the evil, and just hand it over to the goverment, and blithely assume that whatever it tells us must be "good."

That's what makes genocides possible.
There is no evil in my personal life. In my opinion, it's evil to say there is evil in the world.
...says the woman who claims the world is so awful that no babies should be born in it.

Nope. I don't believe you. I don't believe even you believe that.
Chill your beans.

I’ve said…if people cared about evil, they would not want to impose it upon others. I’m all for extinction myself…so please stop telling me what you think I do not believe…it’s so nauseatingly annoying…

I endure this world like everybody else, but I’m simply not attached to it at all.
Last edited by Dontaskme on Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Immanuel Can wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:30 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:16 pm
Immanuel Can wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:19 pm Well, China is not "successful" in terms of human rights. Ask the Uighurs...if you can find one outside a prison camp anymore. So your metric of "success" needs some work, I would suggest. So yes, it has its Uighurs under control.

It also has rape victim and tennis player Peng Shuai "under control." I'm sure she'd agree they do. It has its religous minorities "under control," too. And Hong Kong...they're "under control" as well, and are miserable that they are.

The one thing it doesn't seem to have "under control" is the virus it turned loose on the entire world, the subject of the present discussion. So maybe let's not get too excited about the achievements of the government that has brought global pandemics into reality in the first place.
China, so I've heard, keep their people in check and it works. The country works like a well oiled machine, it's able to organise it's people like any good ant colony or bee hive.
Oh, my dear...you know nothing of China, it seems.

Go and look up the term "tofu dregs architecture," and you'll find an apt metaphor for what China really is doing.
You do not know if the people are miserable.
Yeah, we do. The Uighurs are in concentration camps...you think they're happy? Peng Shuai was raped by a Chinese official, and then "disappeared" after she complained. Do you think she's happy? Why don't you take a look at all the "happiness" going on in Hong Kong right now...
In China, if you do wrong, you are punished,
In China, if you do anything, you are punished. Only what the Party wants is safe.

But you'd better find out. Go and have a look. But I don't recommend you try to emigrate. You'll see what I mean when you get there.

And you can thank them for COVID 19 while you're there. More "happiness" spread by the Chinese government.
So what?

It is what it is…doesn’t concern me at all, there’s negatives and positives to every culture. Like I’ve already mentioned earlier, the world is the way it is because we like it that way…else we’d stop having babies….this is not too difficult to understand….we can stop evil anytime we want….we are the creators of ourself. We created the entire universe actually.

Stop complaining just because you decided you don’t like your creation. If you don’t like it then kill it…simple.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

So as far as I’m concerned you are just wallowing in your own ignorance IC…like that poor rugged worn out defeated looking Jordan Peterson guy…please someone just give that guy a hug…for pitys sake.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Dontaskme wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:51 pm
Immanuel Can wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:30 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:16 pm

China, so I've heard, keep their people in check and it works. The country works like a well oiled machine, it's able to organise it's people like any good ant colony or bee hive.
Oh, my dear...you know nothing of China, it seems.

Go and look up the term "tofu dregs architecture," and you'll find an apt metaphor for what China really is doing.
You do not know if the people are miserable.
Yeah, we do. The Uighurs are in concentration camps...you think they're happy? Peng Shuai was raped by a Chinese official, and then "disappeared" after she complained. Do you think she's happy? Why don't you take a look at all the "happiness" going on in Hong Kong right now...
In China, if you do wrong, you are punished,
In China, if you do anything, you are punished. Only what the Party wants is safe.

But you'd better find out. Go and have a look. But I don't recommend you try to emigrate. You'll see what I mean when you get there.

And you can thank them for COVID 19 while you're there. More "happiness" spread by the Chinese government.
So what? It is what it is…doesn’t concern me at all, there’s negatives and positives to every culture.
Not much of an answer, if the "positive" is something relatively unimportant, and the "negative" is something crucial to human survival and well-being.

China is a great place to make cheap goods, for example...an advantage which it maintains on a huge pool of what amounts to de facto slave labour in factories with no safety standards. China's great at making dumplings; and terrible at keeping dissidents alive. It has great crowd dancing, and invents global superviruses it turns loose on the world...

If you think those positives offset any of those negatives, then I think you need new scales.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Dontaskme wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:41 pm ...please stop telling me what you think I do not believe…it’s so nauseatingly annoying…
Happily...if you'll stop contradicting yourself.

I'm not all that optimistic about either happening, actually. :wink:
Skepdick

Post by Skepdick »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:41 pm
Skepdick wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:16 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:44 pm Countries with low vaccination rates and high death rates are getting herd immunity. What a surprise :roll:
And what perceptage of the population died acquiring it?
Just stating a fact. If you have a problem with facts then fuck off.
I don't have any problem with facts. Which is why I am asking you for even more facts.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Immanuel Can wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 1:50 am Not much of an answer, if the "positive" is something relatively unimportant, and the "negative" is something crucial to human survival and well-being.
The asymmetry of opposites demands that every meaning has to create it's exact opposite for meaning to mean anything at all. Can't know meaning without it's opposite. Both positive and negative are of equal VALUE. You cannot have one and not the other, they have to be one and the same reality.
On the other hand, within the dream of artificial conceptual separation... Symmetry is an important property of both physical and abstract systems known as knowledge.

In actual fact, positive is only positive when there is absence of negative. Same applies to negative,negative is only negative when there is absence of positive. This asymemetry is AN inescapable law of PHYSICS, which is in essence at it's fundamental base-level, nothing other than pure meta-physics.

Immanuel Can wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 1:50 amIf you think those positives offset any of those negatives, then I think you need new scales.
I think you need to focus more on the knower of the concepts positive and negative.

Nothing ever happened IC...except in your imagination, the way you conceive it as such, you are the only one dreaming your reality... there is only you who can see your reality....as hard as that maybe for you to understand.

Infinite views, but only one seer of every view.

I think you need to do more research into the actual true nature of reality.
Immanuel Can wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 1:50 amif you'll stop contradicting yourself.
You need to follow your own advice. There is no one to deny truth, truth is always and ever absolute, right here, right now, completely and self-evidently the case.

The only contradiction is the conflict you have with your own mind. Mind is a myth that believes it is real.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Immanuel Can wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 1:52 am

I'm not all that optimistic about either happening, actually. :wink:
That's because you are an arrogant condecending racist bigot.

No skin off my nose, I can only leave you to wallow in your own ignorance until you can understand for yourself the true nature of being...no one can do that for you. You have to do it all by your self, the one only you believe to exist. :shock:

Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Immanuel Can wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 1:50 am
China is a great place to make cheap goods, for example...an advantage which it maintains on a huge pool of what amounts to de facto slave labour in factories with no safety standards. China's great at making dumplings; and terrible at keeping dissidents alive. It has great crowd dancing, and invents global superviruses it turns loose on the world...
You're ignorance is nauseating.

No thing ever invented anything that was not already here.

You will own nothing and be happy. :shock: Nothing belongs to you. Now run along, and leave your baggage behind, nothing to see or do here, except make a dream out of what you already are, the eternal infinite dreamer.

You are living a representaion of your own presentation...which is nothing and everything.

You created China, only you. :roll:

If you have a problem with what you have created, then try uncreating your problem, and see if that helps offset the problem. 8)

You are the supervirus. :roll: You are the plague, the cancer, and the everything else you can possibly imagine, just deal with it.

If you can think of something, then it must already exist...You are IT

You're misery self is attached to no self. Wallow in what ever self you believe to be real, it's your trip, it's your dream.

Sweet dreams IC
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Immanuel Can wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 1:50 am

You're ignorance knows no limits.

While you sit there and make judgement of the human condition, and fully knowing what you know about the human condition.. Why on earth would you impose that knowledge upon a new life? Think about why you would do that to someone?.. prior to your desire for the new life, the choice to make a baby...think about that baby has absolutely no need to exist, the need is purely your need.

That's exactly what you are doing everytime you procreate, you are imposing your own beliefs on someone who has absolutely no need for them whatsoever, but you think it's perfectly ok for someone else to live in those conditions you yourself seem to despise, and believe to exist. That's the only evil in the world IC...knowing that evil exists and then imposing that evil onto some other person, already knowing what awaits that person...people who have no need to experience it at all.

Only you have that need, it's just mindlessly irresponsible to impose your need on someone who has no need, by knowingly creating another life form..

Reality check, humans like being slaves, they like sub-standard conditions, otherwise they would stop creating it.
Intelligent people do not re-create the mess they make, they clean it up. 8)

There is only one conclusion to this mess. Human beings are thick as bricks. Their intelligence has about as much value as a flatworm. There is actually no difference between a brain and a no-brain...no difference at all, until there is. Then that's when it's game-over. But no one wants the game to end...so suck it up. :shock:
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Dontaskme wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:10 am ...you are an arrogant condecending racist bigot.
Can't possibly be. I don't know your "race," and don't use that category to classify people, even if I did.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Immanuel Can wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 2:57 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:10 am ...you are an arrogant condecending racist bigot.
Can't possibly be. I don't know your "race," and don't use that category to classify people, even if I did.
You really are dumb aren't you.

Vaccine passports, are made of paper. Paper cannot be racist. Paper has no concept of the word racist.

Never mind IC...we're all a little mad here. There is nothing to be ashamed about.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Dontaskme wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 4:13 pm Vaccine passports, are made of paper. Paper cannot be racist. Paper has no concept of the word racist.
It's not me who uses the term "systemic racism". It's the Left. Personally, I agree that paper cannot be "racist." Nor can a "system." The whole idea is incoherent and silly...or just dishonest, more to the point.

But they insist on it. They insist "systemic racism" is real. And their most ardent advocates, like Kendi and DiAngelo, keep shiling for us to burn "the system" in order to stop it being "racist."

And by their own definition, vaccine passports fit the bill for "systemically racist."

So if there's any irrationality, it's on their side. I simply point it out.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Immanuel Can wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 4:52 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 4:13 pm Vaccine passports, are made of paper. Paper cannot be racist. Paper has no concept of the word racist.
It's not me who uses the term "systemic racism". It's the Left. Personally, I agree that paper cannot be "racist." Nor can a "system." The whole idea is incoherent and silly...or just dishonest, more to the point.

But they insist on it. They insist "systemic racism" is real. And their most ardent advocates, like Kendi and DiAngelo, keep shiling for us to burn "the system" in order to stop it being "racist."

And by their own definition, vaccine passports fit the bill for "systemically racist."

So if there's any irrationality, it's on their side. I simply point it out.
More concepts. Yawn!