Vaccine Passports are Systemically Racist?

For philosophical reflections on the COVID-19 pandemic. How can philosophy help us to understand it, to combat it and to survive it?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Immanuel Can

Re: Vaccine Passports are Systemically Racist?

Post by Immanuel Can »

Dontaskme wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:36 pm
Immanuel Can wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:21 pm Hitler youth. The Komsomol. The Red Guard. The Cultural Revolutionaries. There are lots of obedient government robots around.

None good, though.
So what?
So we don't want to be like them, right?
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Immanuel Can wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:43 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:36 pm
Immanuel Can wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:21 pm Hitler youth. The Komsomol. The Red Guard. The Cultural Revolutionaries. There are lots of obedient government robots around.

None good, though.
So what?
So we don't want to be like them, right?
I'm not like them, what ever them are like.

I'm like me, and will never change, I like being me, so that's all I care about. I cannot expect to change other people if I'm not happy with them. They're just being themselves as well. There's nothing I can do about the way people choose to live their life, they have the free will to choose their life as it suits them.

As for me, I do not fear anything in life, and so far, I've done alright to survive, so I guess I've been lucky so far.
mickthinks

Post by mickthinks »

Immanuel Can wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:34 am Oh? So you think people who are vaccinated can't transmit the virus, do you?
Er ... what part of:
mickthinks wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:08 pmThis is not a lie. It's true.
did you not understand, Einstein?
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Dontaskme wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:50 pm
Immanuel Can wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:43 pm So we don't want to be like them, right?
I'm not like them, what ever them are like.
They are like you described...obedient, government-following robots.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Immanuel Can wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:42 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:28 pm I live my life by the rules my government lay down.
Wow.
Yep, I'm a very obedient person, I've never broken the law, stolen, lied, never killed anyone, never been in jail, never been an addict, don't drink, smoke or do drugs, or have sexual intercourse. I do have a huge egoic opinion about things though, but I'm quite harmless otherwise.

I'm a good girl.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Dontaskme wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:00 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:28 pm I live my life by the rules my government lay down.
Wow.
Yep, I'm a very obedient person...
I'm a good girl.
It's not "good" that's the issue: it's when we surrender our own responsibility to choose the good and reject the evil, and just hand it over to the goverment, and blithely assume that whatever it tells us must be "good."

That's what makes genocides possible.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Immanuel Can wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:19 pm Well, China is not "successful" in terms of human rights. Ask the Uighurs...if you can find one outside a prison camp anymore. So your metric of "success" needs some work, I would suggest. So yes, it has its Uighurs under control.

It also has rape victim and tennis player Peng Shuai "under control." I'm sure she'd agree they do. It has its religous minorities "under control," too. And Hong Kong...they're "under control" as well, and are miserable that they are.

The one thing it doesn't seem to have "under control" is the virus it turned loose on the entire world, the subject of the present discussion. So maybe let's not get too excited about the achievements of the government that has brought global pandemics into reality in the first place.
China, so I've heard, keep their people in check and it works. The country works like a well oiled machine, it's able to organise it's people like any good ant colony or bee hive.

You do not know if the people are miserable. They have strict rule and laws because the human mind is a predator. So they have to have lion like laws to keep the rest of the herd in line, that's how nature works for all beast alike, as far as I can intuit.

In China, if you do wrong, you are punished, and rightly so, for it's not good community to trash your own doorstep. Softly softly approaches never work. Nature is cruel, to be kind, it's just the way it is.

We only frown upon these strict countries because we have known a completely different culture. But a culture is always no ones business but their own. People should always repect other cultures for what they are, and not be too judgmental.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Immanuel Can wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:07 pm It's not "good" that's the issue: it's when we surrender our own responsibility to choose the good and reject the evil, and just hand it over to the goverment, and blithely assume that whatever it tells us must be "good."

There is no evil in my personal life. In my opinion, it's evil to say there is evil in the world.

Although I have said it many times that there is evil people in the world, that just makes me an evil believer. But I also know that there is nothing I can do if people choose to commit evil in the world.

I could at any moment be a victim of some evil act, someone could break into my house any moment and stab me to death if they wanted. I've already been held at gunpoint that was fully loaded by someone high on drugs, wanting my purse. And that was in broad daylight, one mid-afternoon. Lucky for me, he was chased off by some guy who just happened to be around at the same time.

Life is precarious, we walk the razor edge of creation every minute of our lives...it's always been like that...I have reached the point in my life now where I do not care if I live or die. It's really that simple for me.

vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Wow.
Yep, I'm a very obedient person, I've never broken the law, stolen, lied, never killed anyone, never been in jail, never been an addict, don't drink, smoke or do drugs, or have sexual intercourse. I do have a huge egoic opinion about things though, but I'm quite harmless otherwise.

I'm a good girl.
I didn't know that 'not having sexual intercourse' makes someone a 'good person' :lol:
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:50 pm
Wow.

I'm a good girl.
I didn't know that 'not having sexual intercourse' makes someone a 'good person' :lol:
:lol:

I've never cheated on my husband either. He cheated on me, but I would never have done that to him though.

I am good, in the sense I'm good at doing things, a lot of things actually. I'm good at calling people out for their BS, I can smell fake people 100 miles away.

vegetariantaxidermy

Dontaskme wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:11 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:50 pm

I'm a good girl.
:lol:

I've never cheated on my husband either. He cheated on me, but I would never have done that to him though.

I am good, in the sense I'm good at doing things, a lot of things actually. I'm good at calling people out for their BS, I can smell fake people 100 miles away.

What's a 'fake person'? We're all fake.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:15 pm
That's right, we're all fake. I can smell the BS because I'm really full on aware. So much so, I died, because I could see through the fakeness of the person I thought I was.

I died to be with God, my true self. That no one.
vegetariantaxidermy

Dontaskme wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:19 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:15 pm
That's right, we're all fake. I can smell the BS because I'm really full on aware. So much so, I died, because I could see through the fakeness of the person I thought I was.

I died to be with God, my true self. That no one.
Are you sure you don't drink? 8)
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Dontaskme wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:16 pm
Immanuel Can wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:19 pm Well, China is not "successful" in terms of human rights. Ask the Uighurs...if you can find one outside a prison camp anymore. So your metric of "success" needs some work, I would suggest. So yes, it has its Uighurs under control.

It also has rape victim and tennis player Peng Shuai "under control." I'm sure she'd agree they do. It has its religous minorities "under control," too. And Hong Kong...they're "under control" as well, and are miserable that they are.

The one thing it doesn't seem to have "under control" is the virus it turned loose on the entire world, the subject of the present discussion. So maybe let's not get too excited about the achievements of the government that has brought global pandemics into reality in the first place.
China, so I've heard, keep their people in check and it works. The country works like a well oiled machine, it's able to organise it's people like any good ant colony or bee hive.
Oh, my dear...you know nothing of China, it seems.

Go and look up the term "tofu dregs architecture," and you'll find an apt metaphor for what China really is doing.
You do not know if the people are miserable.
Yeah, we do. The Uighurs are in concentration camps...you think they're happy? Peng Shuai was raped by a Chinese official, and then "disappeared" after she complained. Do you think she's happy? Why don't you take a look at all the "happiness" going on in Hong Kong right now...
In China, if you do wrong, you are punished,
In China, if you do anything, you are punished. Only what the Party wants is safe.

But you'd better find out. Go and have a look. But I don't recommend you try to emigrate. You'll see what I mean when you get there.

And you can thank them for COVID 19 while you're there. More "happiness" spread by the Chinese government.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Dontaskme wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:26 pm
Immanuel Can wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:07 pm It's not "good" that's the issue: it's when we surrender our own responsibility to choose the good and reject the evil, and just hand it over to the goverment, and blithely assume that whatever it tells us must be "good."

There is no evil in my personal life. In my opinion, it's evil to say there is evil in the world.
...says the woman who claims the world is so awful that no babies should be born in it.

Nope. I don't believe you. I don't believe even you believe that.