Vaccine Passports are Systemically Racist?

For philosophical reflections on the COVID-19 pandemic. How can philosophy help us to understand it, to combat it and to survive it?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Dontaskme

Re: Vaccine Passports are Systemically Racist?

Post by Dontaskme »

Immanuel Can wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:53 pm
And how do the passports help?
They help both intentional viruses like the thoughts that are of the mind, brain body organism, and the non-intentional brainless viruses like coronaviruses ...the passports help, by denying access to these two sometimes deadly viruses, to enter into another country. Passports help to stop the invaders from encroaching another territory, thus helping to keep the spreading from getting so out of control that it wipes out the entire human population completely turning the planet into some kind of mars like planet save some other life forms and animals that will still be roaming around because they survived the virus.

Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Dontaskme wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:09 pm
Immanuel Can wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:53 pm
And how do the passports help?
...the passports help, by denying access to these two sometimes deadly viruses,
Apparently not.

People with vaccine passports are infectious. So are people without vaccine passports. So the passport does not tell us whether or not the bearer is a danger to others, because everybody apparently is a danger of infecting others.

So what, exactly, does a vaccine passport do?
to enter into another country.
This has nothing to do with "vaccine passports." You're only thinking of international passports, which are a very different document and concept.

Vaccine "passports" are not real passports at all. They're not international, and not for borders. They are pieces of paper that tell, say, restaurant owners or organizers of sporting events whether or not you've been jabbed, when, and how many times, and they're used to let you in and out of events and service in your own home town. Of course, at some time in the future, they may also be demanded for international travel, but that's not what they're really for.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/canada/ ... -passport/

So do you want to have to show your medical records in order to go to a restaurant or movie, or to get into your bank? That's what a "vaccine passport" means. Or, if you're a vaxxer, do you want people who are infectious to congregate? Because that's what the "pass" gives you a "pass" to do.

So whether you're vax or anti-vax, what makes the "vaccine passport" a good idea? It looks bad from both directions. And it's certainly an incursion on your personal freedom, and plausibly, according to Social Justice theory, a systemically racist procedure.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Immanuel Can wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:24 pm This has nothing to do with "vaccine passports." You're only thinking of international passports, which are a very different document and concept.
The difference is not the issue, a passport is a passport. You'll not be able to enter another country unless you carry an official ( for the moment at least ) passport proving you have received the 3 jabs and are now certified as safe.

I'm sure it will not be long before the two different passports become just one passport...kind of like one size fits all so to speak...is all I'm suggesting.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Dontaskme wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:39 pm...a passport is a passport.
Nope. Did you look at the article? You should.

"Vaccine passports" are pieces of paper you have to use to do routine daily tasks. They want to make them mandatory for everybody all the time, not when you cross a border. They have nothing to do with international travel, or your real "passport."
...proving you have received the 3 jabs and are now certified as safe.
No, it doesn't "certify you as safe." You're still infectious, remember?

So what does it "certify"?
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Immanuel Can wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:24 pm
So do you want to have to show your medical records in order to go to a restaurant or movie, or to get into your bank?

That's what a "vaccine passport" means. Or, if you're a vaxxer, do you want people who are infectious to congregate? Because that's what the "pass" gives you a "pass" to do.

So whether you're vax or anti-vax, what makes the "vaccine passport" a good idea? It looks bad from both directions. And it's certainly an incursion on your personal freedom, and plausibly, according to Social Justice theory, a systemically racist procedure.
I cannot comment on mandates issued by governments. There's nothing I personally can do to oppose government decisions. When Boris Johnson announced to the UK to lockdown for 3 months, we all had to comply or else be served a fine, or even jail for the hardcore activists.

If people are dependant upon a political system, then in my opinion they have to follow the rules put forth by those people in government. That's why people vote for their governments and presidents in the first place, else we'll all become vigilantes.

China seems to have it's populous under control, because people there understand the importance of human community and how to keep it in check and under control. People around the world ought to take a leaf out of their book.

Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Dontaskme wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:52 pm
Immanuel Can wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:24 pm
So do you want to have to show your medical records in order to go to a restaurant or movie, or to get into your bank?

That's what a "vaccine passport" means. Or, if you're a vaxxer, do you want people who are infectious to congregate? Because that's what the "pass" gives you a "pass" to do.

I cannot comment on mandates issued by governments.
Sure you can. If you live in a democracy, the government is there to do the will of the people, not for us to obey blindly. In fact, if you don't "comment," or vote, you aren't supporting democracy.
There's nothing I personally can do to oppose government decisions.

Sure there is.

If what they want to do intrudes on your rights, you can complain, refuse, object, vote for another party, join an objector group, write an editorial...
China seems to have it's populous under control,
So did Nazi Germany and Soviet Russia...and for exactly the same reasons.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Immanuel Can wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:51 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:39 pm...a passport is a passport.
Nope. Did you look at the article? You should.

"Vaccine passports" are pieces of paper you have to use to do routine daily tasks. They want to make them mandatory for everybody all the time, not when you cross a border. They have nothing to do with international travel, or your real "passport."
I know, you have already told me this, you do not have to repeat it back to me. I do know the difference.

Immanuel Can wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:51 pmNo, it doesn't "certify you as safe." You're still infectious, remember?

So what does it "certify"?
It certifies you as someone who will be allowed access to public places because you have complied with the requirements that allow you the access of these places and countries...that's what I mean by safe, you are safe insofar as you have complied with the law that has been mandated.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Dontaskme wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:57 pm
Immanuel Can wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:51 pm So what does it "certify"?
It certifies you as someone who will be allowed access to public places because you have complied with the requirements that allow you the access of these places and countries...that's what I mean by safe, you are safe insofar as you have complied with the law that has been mandated.
All that does is "certify" that somebody is an obedient robot -- still and infected, infectious robot, of course, but a robot nonetheless -- the kind of person who will obey goverments unthinkingly, uncomplainingly, without question, and yield up his personal privacy and rights merely to fit in?

And it will allow this infectious robot "access to public spaces," for no more than he is "compliant," and will allow him to infect others without even thinking about it anymore?

That guy?
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Immanuel Can wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:56 pm Sure you can. If you live in a democracy, the government is there to do the will of the people, not for us to obey blindly. In fact, if you don't "comment," or vote, you aren't supporting democracy.
Until everybody says no to all issues relating to covid mandates and restrictions, the local governments do what they choose to do, often being controlled by some other big wigs higher-up the political pyramid..I do not think it's ever just one mans decision.
There's nothing I personally can do to oppose government decisions.
Immanuel Can wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:51 pmSure there is.

If what they want to do intrudes on your rights, you can complain, refuse, object, vote for another party, join an objector group, write an editorial...
Doesn't work who ever get into government, they all police their countries much the same way as the ones who ran before them.
Immanuel Can wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:51 pmSo did Nazi Germany and Soviet Russia...and for exactly the same reasons.
I'm talking about China, the most successful country in the world. I'm not talking about Germany or Russia.
Last edited by Dontaskme on Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:20 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Immanuel Can wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:04 pm
Immanuel Can wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:51 pm So what does it "certify"?
All that does is "certify" that somebody is an obedient robot -- still and infected, infectious robot, of course, but a robot nonetheless -- the kind of person who will obey goverments unthinkingly, uncomplainingly, without question, and yield up his personal privacy and rights merely to fit in?
What's wrong with being a robot. The world seems to be running fine, it's all very ordered and civilised, as far as I am aware.

What's the alternative - lets all be anti-robots. And what about all these robots that are replacing human beings in the work place. Is anyone objecting to those robots? Not as far as I can see...it seems robotic life is the only way to keep a wayward mind that is the human being under control. That's basically all humans crave, is to known security and comfort, like most living organisms do.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Dontaskme wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:08 pm
Immanuel Can wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:56 pm Sure you can. If you live in a democracy, the government is there to do the will of the people, not for us to obey blindly. In fact, if you don't "comment," or vote, you aren't supporting democracy.
Until everybody says no to all issues relating to covid mandates and restrictions, the local governements do what they choose to do...
Not in a democracy.

In a democracy, government is an instrument of the people. And the people never asked for any of this, and are fully within their rights to tell the government if something the government is considering is unfair, inequitable, racist, invasive, or just plain wrong.

You do live in a democracy, right?
Immanuel Can wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:51 pmSo did Nazi Germany and Soviet Russia...and for exactly the same reasons.
I'm talking about China, the most successful country in the world. I'm not talking about Not Germany or Russia.
Well, China is not "successful" in terms of human rights. Ask the Uighurs...if you can find one outside a prison camp anymore. So your metric of "success" needs some work, I would suggest. So yes, it has its Uighurs under control.

It also has rape victim and tennis player Peng Shuai "under control." I'm sure she'd agree they do. It has its religous minorities "under control," too. And Hong Kong...they're "under control" as well, and are miserable that they are.

The one thing it doesn't seem to have "under control" is the virus it turned loose on the entire world, the subject of the present discussion. So maybe let's not get too excited about the achievements of the government that has brought global pandemics into reality in the first place.
Last edited by Immanuel Can on Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Dontaskme wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:18 pm
Immanuel Can wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:04 pm
What's wrong with being a robot.
Hitler youth. The Komsomol. The Red Guard. The Cultural Revolutionaries. There are lots of obedient government robots around.

None good, though.
What's the alternative - lets all be anti-robots.
Good for you. You've figured it out!
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Immanuel Can wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:19 pm Not in a democracy.

In a democracy, government is an instrument of the people. And the people never asked for any of this, and are fully within their rights to tell the government if something the government is considering is unfair, inequitable, racist, invasive, or just plain wrong.

You do live in a democracy, right?
I live my life by the rules my government lay down. I have had no complaints so far. Nothing really phases me in the political circus. The government are just doing their job like everyone else. I've worked all my life and paid my taxes. I do not indulge in political affairs. For I am not qualified to do so, since I have no understanding of political affairs whatsoever.

I just don't see anything wrong with the world, it is as it is, there's nothing I can do to change it. I like to keep myself to myself.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Immanuel Can wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:21 pm Hitler youth. The Komsomol. The Red Guard. The Cultural Revolutionaries. There are lots of obedient government robots around.

None good, though.
So what?

If the world is shit, or it's going to hell in a hand-cart, then what can I personally do about that?

I just think so what, the world is always the way it is, because we like it that way.

I'm not anti-anything, for what can I do about the state of the world. If anyone cared about the state of the world, they would stop having children, they would stop dragging them into the mess, but as you can see, no one cares about the state of the world, rather they don't seem to mind it, it doesn't stop them from making more people live in it. I see pregnant women everywhere. Seems like we're ok with how things are to me. So I do not know why you are making so much fuss about it.

For me personally, I just want to be left alone to live my life, but one thing I have never done is protest or break the laws my government have laid down.

I have never had a flu jab in my life, not since this pandemic struck. I do not really want to have the jabs, but if it's the law I will obey the law.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Dontaskme wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:28 pm I live my life by the rules my government lay down.
Wow.