Vaccine Passports are Systemically Racist?

For philosophical reflections on the COVID-19 pandemic. How can philosophy help us to understand it, to combat it and to survive it?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Immanuel Can

Re: Vaccine Passports are Systemically Racist?

Post by Immanuel Can »

Dontaskme wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 5:00 pm
Immanuel Can wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 4:52 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 4:13 pm Vaccine passports, are made of paper. Paper cannot be racist. Paper has no concept of the word racist.
It's not me who uses the term "systemic racism". It's the Left. Personally, I agree that paper cannot be "racist." Nor can a "system." The whole idea is incoherent and silly...or just dishonest, more to the point.

But they insist on it. They insist "systemic racism" is real. And their most ardent advocates, like Kendi and DiAngelo, keep shiling for us to burn "the system" in order to stop it being "racist."

And by their own definition, vaccine passports fit the bill for "systemically racist."

So if there's any irrationality, it's on their side. I simply point it out.
More concepts. Yawn!
Okay, you're bored. That's okay: I find their concept, in this case, not merely stupid but boring...as do you.

However, the sad fact is that these losers are driving the political "bus" these days. The subject of "systemic racism" is all the rage, and the incoherence of it goes unexamined, even by minds that really ought to know better.

So calling out the nonsense, as boring as it is, still makes sense to do. We can't leave the world in the hands of idiots, because you and I still have to live in whatever world they create.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Immanuel Can wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 5:22 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 5:00 pm
Immanuel Can wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 4:52 pm
It's not me who uses the term "systemic racism". It's the Left. Personally, I agree that paper cannot be "racist." Nor can a "system." The whole idea is incoherent and silly...or just dishonest, more to the point.

But they insist on it. They insist "systemic racism" is real. And their most ardent advocates, like Kendi and DiAngelo, keep shiling for us to burn "the system" in order to stop it being "racist."

And by their own definition, vaccine passports fit the bill for "systemically racist."

So if there's any irrationality, it's on their side. I simply point it out.
More concepts. Yawn!
Okay, you're bored. That's okay: I find their concept, in this case, not merely stupid but boring...as do you.

However, the sad fact is that these losers are driving the political "bus" these days. The subject of "systemic racism" is all the rage, and the incoherence of it goes unexamined, even by minds that really ought to know better.

So calling out the nonsense, as boring as it is, still makes sense to do. We can't leave the world in the hands of idiots, because you and I still have to live in whatever world they create.
Concepts know nothing, you are just talking to your imaginary friend...do carry on....

Every action is actioned by everything, therefore cannot have happened any other way than they way happening happens. No thing is making happening happen. If it was, then you'd be able to stop yourself from happening.

When you realise this, you will let go of blaming the world for what is only your own belief about it. :shock:

What is wrong with right now unless you think about it...where is the evil world in deep dreamless sleep?

If you insist on blaming the world, then stop making more blamers by procreation. You conveniently avoid that issue because you feel the continuation of the human race is more important than evil. You are an angry person like that depressing JP twit... that's why you invented your imaginary friend to soothe your angst.

Religious freaks like you need calling out too...and that's my job, it's filthy, but someone has to do it.

Newsflash: There's no such place as an idiot free world. I AM the last idiot :shock:

If we were all idiot free, we'd be robots... :arrow: I just can't...
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

China is a great place to make cheap goods, for example...an advantage which it maintains on a huge pool of what amounts to de facto slave labour in factories with no safety standards. China's great at making dumplings; and terrible at keeping dissidents alive. It has great crowd dancing, and invents global superviruses it turns loose on the world...

https://mindmatters.ai/2021/11/on-what- ... -possible/
Epicblue

Post by Epicblue »

As of this week, every adult in the United States who wants a vaccine is eligible to receive one, and the steady stream of pictures on your timeline showing off that little white vaccination card will only increase. At this stage of the vaccine distribution, these cards are not only a marker of newfound immunity, but also a window into a familiar kind of privilege given that the pandemic’s racial disparities have persisted in the vaccine rollout. But we have the chance to prevent new mitigation measures from repeating the same old mistakes: By recovering lost narratives about community-based healthcare, we can identify strategies that will make the road to herd immunity more equitable.
mickthinks

Post by mickthinks »

Immanuel Can wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:34 am Oh? So you think people who are vaccinated can't transmit the virus, do you?
Er ... what part of:
mickthinks wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:08 pmThis is not a lie. It's true.
did you not understand?
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:44 pm Countries with low vaccination rates and high death rates are getting herd immunity. What a surprise :roll:
Yes indeed.

The real problem with allowing infection to bring about immunity is the stress it puts on healthcare resources that are ill-prepared for the increased demand for their services.