Third Jab Concern ?

For philosophical reflections on the COVID-19 pandemic. How can philosophy help us to understand it, to combat it and to survive it?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Dontaskme

Third Jab Concern ?

Post by Dontaskme »

NHS app will show proof of a third vaccination to help Britons travelling to countries where booster jab is required.

Proof of a third jab will soon appear in the travel section of the NHS vaccine pass.
The addition will potentially help Britons enter countries were it is required.

It may also make it easier for the UK government to make a third jab compulsory in some domestic settings, a requirement already seen in some countries.

Anyone with half an ounce of intelligent rational critical thinking, will be concerned over this drive for 3rd Jab.

It used to be 2 jabs...now it's 3 jabs, and no doubt it'll be jabs for LIFE... and so this jab for life scenario, to me, is very concerning. Of course people will choose their own life path, to suit their own belief and need to live in the world.

But for me personally, I'd rather die than live in the world that is unfolding right now on earth.

I'm not an anti-vaxxer...I'm just really concerned with the force at which we are being held to ransom by choosing not to have repeated jabs.

All we have to do is simply say NO... but no one it seems, is really strong enough to change the status quo, so be it.
vegetariantaxidermy

Re: Third Jab Concern ?

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

There are far worse things about the world today than having to get a safe jab. I would have thought that would be the least of people's concerns. Strange the things that people latch onto to be bothered by.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 9:25 am There are far worse things about the world today than having to get a safe jab. I would have thought that would be the least of people's concerns. Strange the things that people latch onto to be bothered by.
I can't be bothered with the far worse things about the world either. It's just not my cup of tea, if it's yours, then good for you.

Obviously the world is perfect just the way it is, because it couldn't be any other way than the way it is.

I do not care whether I live or die.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Dontaskme wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 9:31 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 9:25 am There are far worse things about the world today than having to get a safe jab. I would have thought that would be the least of people's concerns. Strange the things that people latch onto to be bothered by.
I can't be bothered with the far worse things about the world either. It's just not my cup of tea, if it's yours, then good for you.

Obviously the world is perfect just the way it is, because it couldn't be any other way than the way it is.

You are the one complaining about the 'jab' :?
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 9:41 am

I know I am the one complaining, that is my concern, the one I have to deal with, so all I'm saying is that it is of no concern to me whether I live or die. But some other people might be more concerned about wanting to live, so they will take as many jabs as they are told to take.

That's all I'm saying.

If people are happy wanting to live in a world where they now have to show proof of yearly flu vaccines, then good for them, but it's not my cup of tea.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that it is not a matter of interest or importance to me whether I live or die. But obviously for some others, it will be.
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

Dontaskme wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 9:52 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 9:41 am

I know I am the one complaining, that is my concern, the one I have to deal with, so all I'm saying is that it is of no concern to me whether I live or die. But some other people might be more concerned about wanting to live, so they will take as many jabs as they are told to take.

That's all I'm saying.

If people are happy wanting to live in a world where they now have to show proof of yearly flu vaccines, then good for them, but it's not my cup of tea.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that it is not a matter of interest or importance to me whether I live or die. But obviously for some others, it will be.
But it's not "good for them" when there are refusers who will be reservoirs of virus.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Belinda wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 10:10 am But it's not "good for them" when there are refusers who will be reservoirs of virus.
But then that is their concern....not mine.

We are all going to die one day. Nature's reservoirs of death wait for no man. Man's only concern is to delay their death for just one more day. As long as I'm ok, I will not grieve for the stranger who has passed.

Sorry, but that's not the kind of world I want to live in. If one person dies, despite being fully vaccinated to date, then until you can grieve that passing with the same passion as you would your blood relative....then I'm just not buying your sob story.

If one person dies, then we all die. If one person suffers, then we all suffer.

How can we happy living in a world where one child goes hungry, and is on the edge of starving to death, while another child is bathing in a tub of ice-cream with rainbow sprinkles...it's a stupid way to live life.
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

Dontaskme wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 10:23 am
Belinda wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 10:10 am But it's not "good for them" when there are refusers who will be reservoirs of virus.
But then that is their concern....not mine.

We are all going to die one day. Nature's reservoirs of death wait for no man. Man's only concern is to delay their death for just one more day. As long as I'm ok, I will not grieve for the stranger who has passed.

Sorry, but that's not the kind of world I want to live in. If one person dies, despite being fully vaccinated to date, then until you can grieve that passing with the same passion as you would your blood relative....then I'm just not buying your sob story.

If one person dies, then we all die. If one person suffers, then we all suffer.

How can we happy living in a world where one child goes hungry, and is on the edge of starving to death, while another child is bathing in a tub of ice-cream with rainbow sprinkles...it's a stupid way to live life.
Sure I agree with you. You too perhaps appreciete the quotation "Time is a running grave."

I try to limit my worrying thoughts about the horrors in the world, as my ruminating on them does no good to man or beast, and I like being happy. It's no consolation to me that all horrors are actually transient, as I can imagine what once was.

I don't grieve for strangers. Nobody can grieve for strangers. But strangers are not the same as people I have never met in the flesh. There are people I have never met in the flesh, including people who lived and died before my lifetime, who don't feel like strangers, but who feel like people I know and care about. I don't care about those people the same as I care about my nearest and dearest, but I do care. These not-strangers are not reported to me as statistics but as people with feelings that make them familiar. I know you too grieve for not-strangers.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Belinda wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 11:05 am
I don't grieve for strangers. Nobody can grieve for strangers. But strangers are not the same as people I have never met in the flesh. There are people I have never met in the flesh, including people who lived and died before my lifetime, who don't feel like strangers, but who feel like people I know and care about. I don't care about those people the same as I care about my nearest and dearest, but I do care. These not-strangers are not reported to me as statistics but as people with feelings that make them familiar. I know you too grieve for not-strangers.
Your beloved one was once a stranger to you. We are the beloved.

If we cannot love, then what's the point of pretending anymore, we might as well pull the plug. Is all I'm saying.

All our children are born from what was once a stranger to you.

You love your children because they came from your self. But the original seeder of your children that you feel are yourself, was a stranger to you, do you see?
Last edited by Dontaskme on Fri Nov 19, 2021 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

Dontaskme wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 11:09 am

If we cannot love, then what's the point of pretending anymore, we might as well pull the plug. Is all I'm saying.

But we do love so we don't pull the plug.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Belinda wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 11:12 am

Yes, and love is a filthy word. Because it's something we intently impose on others to accept without their consent.
If we were intelligent enough, we would stop expecting our children to clean up the mess we make.

That is another defintion of love.

We just take it for granted that our children will love the world in which they are born into....this is a dumb expectation.

Forget about the ''covid pass'' ...how about ''a pass'' for ensuring the safety of children before they are born?

How about a test to see who is capable of actually loving a child properly first before being allowed to make one?

Humans are so fucked up with their ideas about the well being and safety of themselves.
Last edited by Dontaskme on Fri Nov 19, 2021 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

Dontaskme wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 11:14 am

Yes, and love is a filthy word. Because it's something we intently impose on others to accept without their consent.
If we were intelligent enough, we would stop expecting our children to clean up the mess we make.

People are rare who love perfectly. but there are degrees of love that you and I are acquainted with.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Belinda wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 11:20 am

People are rare who love perfectly. but there are degrees of love that you and I are acquainted with.
They are not rare, they are just too lazy to put in the hard work that life entails. The responsiblity is just too much trouble.

The responsible thing to do would be to know when to call this shit show.
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

Dontaskme wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 11:22 am

They are not rare, they are just too lazy to put in the hard work that life entails. The responsiblity is just too much trouble.

Denouncing the whole of life as a shit show is not responsible it's fatalistic.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Belinda wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 11:28 am
Dontaskme wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 11:22 am

Denouncing the whole of life as a shit show is not responsible it's fatalistic.
It's the truth that does not want to be heard.

Truth is, humans are fatalistic by their very nature, because God screwed up, by believing in dualism. Why are you being so naive as to think humans are nothing more than irresponsible fatalists....get real, you invented the atomic bomb for christs sake, what does that tell you about human nature, to me, that tells me everything I need to know about human nature, and quite frankly, I think it's really sucky.