COVID-19 Kills Republicans

For philosophical reflections on the COVID-19 pandemic. How can philosophy help us to understand it, to combat it and to survive it?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

mickthinks

COVID-19 Kills Republicans

Post by mickthinks »

Consider the number of law enforcement officers in each state: https://www.statista.com/statistics/750 ... -by-state/

Now look at this: https://www.odmp.org/search?name=&agenc ... ilter=nok9 and count the officers in the state of Texas who have died from COVID-19 and compare it with the count of officers in the state of New York: https://www.odmp.org/search?name=&agenc ... ilter=nok9

Why on earth do you think the risk of a Texas police officer dying of the virus is some 20 times the risk for a New York cop? I don't think they are that much older or have so many more underlying health conditions. It looks like they are just doing something wrong, doesn't it?
Last edited by mickthinks on Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Belinda

Re: COVID-19 Kills Republicans

Post by Belinda »

mickthinks wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 4:08 pm Consider the number of law enforcement officers in each state: https://www.statista.com/statistics/750 ... -by-state/

Now look at this: https://www.odmp.org/search/incident/covid-19 and count the officers in the state of Texas who have died from COVID-19 and compare it with the count of officers in the state of New York

Why on earth do you think the risk of a Texas police officer dying of the virus is some 20 times the risk for a New York cop? I don't think they are that much older or have so many more underlying health conditions. It looks like they are just doing something wrong, doesn't it?
If your numbers are correct it could mean that public servants such as police officers who are out and about a lot are especially vulnerable to generally high reproduction rates of a virulent virus.
mickthinks

Post by mickthinks »

Whatever it might mean for public servants such as police officers exposed to an infectious public, that would apply equally whether in Texas or in New York. So that cannot explain why 20 times as many Texas cops die as New York cops.

I don't understand what your point is here.

btw; they aren't my numbers they're The Officer Down Memorial Page's numbers. I see no reason to doubt them.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Should we care?
Dubious

Post by Dubious »

Should we care for a bunch of Trump Fascists croaking! The more the better.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Dubious wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 1:00 am Should we care for a bunch of Trump Fascists croaking! The more the better.
It's entirely self inflicted so what's there to 'care' about anyway?
Dubious

Post by Dubious »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 1:20 am
Dubious wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 1:00 am Should we care for a bunch of Trump Fascists croaking! The more the better.
I don't care about self-inflicted. What I do care about is getting rid of some of the human garbage on the planet. After all, we try to kill germs and viruses. Why preempt those who are two-legged!
Impenitent

Post by Impenitent »

Dubious wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 1:47 am
I don't care about self-inflicted. What I do care about is getting rid of some of the human garbage on the planet. After all, we try to kill germs and viruses. Why preempt those who are two-legged!
shades of Auschwitz?

-Imp
Dubious

Post by Dubious »

Impenitent wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 2:35 am

shades of Auschwitz?

-Imp
Not at all! It's just that one shouldn't keep every piece of human shit alive and breathing. What do you do when garbage collects but get rid of it.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Dubious wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 2:49 am

shades of Auschwitz?

-Imp
Not at all! It's just that one shouldn't keep every piece of human shit alive and breathing. What do you do when garbage collects but get rid of it.
Good point, I mean cutting back the weeds, and the continuing thickage of the forests is a wise removal of what could possibly be a hazzard for humans, in so far as nature will always endeavour to claim back her own land. Same could be applied to the human ant infestation. Easiest and most intelligent humane way to cut back the surplas to requirements would be to stop breeding them into existence in the first place. Perhaps it's time to seriously think about adopting the CHYNA or the French mentality, but I'm pretty sure we are probably too selfish to say NON.

Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

shades of Auschwitz?

-Imp
Tut tut.
If you can show that Jews, Queers, Slavs, Commies, booked into these Summer Camps for a one way ticket then the comparison is valid. But the last time I looked none of the inmates in Auschwitz were willing participants.
If a Repug is too busy to use his brain, but decides to eschew vaccinations, mask wearing and social distancing then that is VOLUNTARY.
Agent Smith

Post by Agent Smith »

Ms. Marple wrote:Most interesting.
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

A conservative mathematician at work code breaking...

E_YDbpJUYAIayoq.jpg
E_YDbpJUYAIayoq.jpg (35.86 KiB) Viewed 2300 times
popeye1945

Post by popeye1945 »

Shit for brains right wing Christians and Republicans in general----- the South shall rise again!!