Healthcare Workers should be Fired

For philosophical reflections on the COVID-19 pandemic. How can philosophy help us to understand it, to combat it and to survive it?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

henry quirk

Re: Healthcare Workers should be Fired

Post by henry quirk »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:28 am
henry quirk wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 1:00 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:03 am

I didn't get it for them. *I got it because it suited me to get it.
*Exactly. You decided to get jabbed, for whatever reason you sussed out for yourself. Not becuz you were guilt-tripped into it by some immuno-compromised person, and not becuz a government told you had to, and not becuz an employer threatened to fire you if you remained un-jabbed. You decided: which is how it should be.
I've never said otherwise. It was the most rational and logical course of action. As far as I can tell the only people who are against it here are complete morons.
Missin' the point...by about a mile.

Same as it always was.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

henry quirk wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:34 am
henry quirk wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 1:00 am

*Exactly. You decided to get jabbed, for whatever reason you sussed out for yourself. Not becuz you were guilt-tripped into it by some immuno-compromised person, and not becuz a government told you had to, and not becuz an employer threatened to fire you if you remained un-jabbed. You decided: which is how it should be.
I've never said otherwise. It was the most rational and logical course of action. As far as I can tell the only people who are against it here are complete morons.
Missin' the point...by about a mile.

Same as it always was.
I'm only speaking for myself. Isn't that what you advocate for? Why would you expect sane people to be able to 'understand' your insanity? I prefer to keep my sanity, thanks.
Last edited by vegetariantaxidermy on Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Walker

Post by Walker »

I've heard that a huge many are not getting jabbed, folks in responsible roles that require rationality. Folks who are not even a little bit moronic, let alone complete. For example Chicago mayor Lori Lightfoot threatened to can unjabbed cops, until the reality of the numbers dawned. Same with military. Airline pilots. Same with women who plan to have children. Many doctors, too.

The reward doesn't outweigh the penalty for society or the individual who self-assesses the personal risk of taking experimental drugs, and who is the guardian of others.

btw: when did professionals in the professions become, verkers?

You don't hear politicians or news people referred to as, verkers. No sirree. They be special.

It's a class thing, subliminally injected into the brains of the prols.
Last edited by Walker on Tue Oct 19, 2021 3:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
vegetariantaxidermy

Walker wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 3:12 am
I've heard that a huge many are not getting jabbed, folks in responsible roles that require rationality. Folks who are not even a little bit moronic, let alone complete. For example Chicago mayor Lori Lightfoot threatened to can unjabbed cops, until the reality of the numbers dawned. Same with military. Airline pilots. Same with women who plan to have children. Many doctors, too.

The reward doesn't outweigh the penalty.

btw: when did professionals in the professions become, verkers?

You don't hear politicians or news people referred to as, verkers.

It's a class thing, subliminally injected into the brain.
Ever seen an anti-vax protest?
Walker

Post by Walker »

Feel free to elaborate your spasm of a thought, your first-step question germ of an idea into a semblance of philosophy, for a change.

:wink:

Bet you understood that.

:lol:
Dubious

Post by Dubious »

henry quirk wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 1:54 am
Dubious wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:48 pm
henry quirk wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 1:40 pm
A self-reliant people would never allow a government to be more than a clearing house of information and an instrument for the investigation of, and the adjudication of, claims of life, liberty, or property violation.
What's the difference then between where you live and China or Russia excepting language? The kind of government you describe doesn't exist anywhere.
Despite the best efforts of folks like yourself, America is pretty damned close. Our country is too big, too fragmented, too unruly to be anything but self-reliant. Problem is: America gets little press. The United States (typically shown to be nuthin' but the East and West coasts, Capitol Hill, and the lil clones of the coasts and the Hill scattered around the country) gets all the press. America is terrible, you're told. It's a lie. America is pretty sweet. It's the U.S. (The State and its supporters, lackeys, and dupes) that's terrible. Americans mostly want to be left alone to live as they see fit and their governance of self reflects that. U.S.-ians, the one's you read about and see on your TV, they're the hysteria-mongers, the buttinskys, the regulators, the know-betters, the government-lovers. Beer virus (the response, the reaction, the strategy) is a U.S.-ian construct. Americans, for the most part, have moved on, and are gettin' a mite irritated folks like yourself keep tryin' to pull us back.
Little old me!! You do me too much honor! Enjoy your life in the Ozarks!
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

henry quirk wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 1:18 am
Belinda wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:25 pm
henry quirk wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:26 pm

Pretty sure true medical professionals will do everything reasonable to safeguard themselves and their patients, and they'll do it with reserve.

The scared and the skittish ought find other work.
They are far too busy saving lives and making people comfortable to bother with *unreasonable procedures.
*like worryin' if the patient is *vaccinated against a nasty cold? Like worryin' if the patient hasn't knuckled under to TPTB?

*They might be worryin', rightfully, that the patient is vaccinated. For example: the fully vaccinated Colin Powell just died of beer virus. Did the jab make his death easier? Sure as hell didn't' save him. Hasn't saved thousands of others either. And in many of those deaths, it was the jab that killed 'em. *Look to Israel. See what an almost fully jabbed population looks like.

*Once again: I'm tryin' to tickle your curiosity...Israel? What's goin' on in Israel?, I want you ask yourself. I want you to go and see for yourself. Me: I'll post no links that can be dismissed or ignored. Investigate for yourself.
No, we did not worry ourselves or our patients about the common cold. As for knuckling under to authority it is now accepted clinical practice whenever practicable to engage the patient in clinical decisions that affect him. Many patients whom I have met, with long lasting illnesses, are knowledgeable.

You keep confusing public hygiene rules and regulations with personal care by medics. Medics too have to observe the common courtesies involved in trying to stem the progress of epidemics.

You don't know why Colin Powell died. Covid was one factor and there were probably other factors, he was after all an old man. Inoculations don't make dying easier there are other procedures for that.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

You don't know why Colin Powell died.

Your paper of choice sez he died from complications from Covid-19, that is: beer virus killed his fully vaccinated keister.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Little old me!! You do me too much honor! Enjoy your life in the Ozarks!

One gnat is nuthin'; a swarm is irritatin'. Is honor the new look down on? Never been.
vegetariantaxidermy

Belinda wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:55 am
henry quirk wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 1:18 am
Belinda wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:25 pm
They are far too busy saving lives and making people comfortable to bother with *unreasonable procedures.
*like worryin' if the patient is *vaccinated against a nasty cold? Like worryin' if the patient hasn't knuckled under to TPTB?

*They might be worryin', rightfully, that the patient is vaccinated. For example: the fully vaccinated Colin Powell just died of beer virus. Did the jab make his death easier? Sure as hell didn't' save him. Hasn't saved thousands of others either. And in many of those deaths, it was the jab that killed 'em. *Look to Israel. See what an almost fully jabbed population looks like.

*Once again: I'm tryin' to tickle your curiosity...Israel? What's goin' on in Israel?, I want you ask yourself. I want you to go and see for yourself. Me: I'll post no links that can be dismissed or ignored. Investigate for yourself.
No, we did not worry ourselves or our patients about the common cold. As for knuckling under to authority it is now accepted clinical practice whenever practicable to engage the patient in clinical decisions that affect him. Many patients whom I have met, with long lasting illnesses, are knowledgeable.

You keep confusing public hygiene rules and regulations with personal care by medics. Medics too have to observe the common courtesies involved in trying to stem the progress of epidemics.

You don't know why Colin Powell died. Covid was one factor and there were probably other factors, he was after all an old man. Inoculations don't make dying easier there are other procedures for that.
He had cancer and Parkinson's. Clearly there's only so much any vaccine can do.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

He had cancer and Parkinson's. Clearly there's only so much any vaccine can do.

Old & sick: just like almost all beer virus victims.

So: why did we shut down the world again?
vegetariantaxidermy

henry quirk wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 11:43 am He had cancer and Parkinson's. Clearly there's only so much any vaccine can do.

Old & sick: just like almost all beer virus victims.

So: why did we shut down the world again?
Do protect those who are near death. It's our duty. :wink:
vegetariantaxidermy

More irony from the US (it just keeps giving) is that (I'm sticking my neck out here now, I know it's a long shot) I'm guessing that most (all) of the anti-lockdown, anti-science, anti-vax fanatics in the US are also 'pro lifers', (those kristians who (apparently) believe in the 'sanctity of life')...
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:12 pm More irony from the US (it just keeps giving) is that (I'm sticking my neck out here now, I know it's a long shot) I'm guessing that most (all) of the anti-lockdown, anti-science, anti-vax fanatics in the US are also 'pro lifers', (those kristians who (apparently) believe in the 'sanctity of life')...
Of course they are! It's all part of the same complex. Rupert Murdoch has traduced the idea of freedom so that freedom is viewed as expressions of narrow antagonism to science and democracy.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Belinda wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:21 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:12 pm More irony from the US (it just keeps giving) is that (I'm sticking my neck out here now, I know it's a long shot) I'm guessing that most (all) of the anti-lockdown, anti-science, anti-vax fanatics in the US are also 'pro lifers', (those kristians who (apparently) believe in the 'sanctity of life')...
Of course they are! It's all part of the same complex. Rupert Murdoch has traduced the idea of freedom so that freedom is viewed as expressions of narrow antagonism to science and democracy.
Confirmed. It's a broke.

Science does not support the unscientific Covid reponse.

The only fanatics are those who ignore the science and say, do as you're told and inject, or life as you know it is over, and it won't be because of Covid, but because of the totalitarian, unscientific response.

Just curious. Do kunts who spell Christian with a K also guess that independent, responsible rational thinkers are also not soul-sucking baby killers?