Healthcare Workers should be Fired

For philosophical reflections on the COVID-19 pandemic. How can philosophy help us to understand it, to combat it and to survive it?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Dubious

Re: Healthcare Workers should be Fired

Post by Dubious »

henry quirk wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 11:52 pm I suspect that your cockiness stems from the fact that you've already had the virus

Nope. My beer virus run-in was earlier this year. I was just a certain in the year and change prior to that as is easily confirmed by takin' a gander at any of my beer virus-related posts since, what?, March of last year?

-----

>>**In other words: a man is his own except when TPTB say otherwise.

No! It's till an event comes up that says otherwise where TPTB themselves have no choice except to react while idiots like you keep waving their independence flag.

As I reckon it: even in a true Caronapocalypse (sumthin', in my view, that we are not in), TPTB ought do nuthin' but act as a clearing house for information and advisement. Free men don't become wards of The State, they're supposed to be its employers. And here's where we perhaps differ on that subject: I see a purpose to the minimal Nightwatchman affair, its purpose expressly bein' the investigation of, and the adjudication of, claims of life, liberty, or property violation. You mebbe see this as inadequate preferrin' the wider, deeper State with its legislators, executives, judicials, bureaucrats, technocrats, and the like. You prefer The State and work to shore it up; I work to see it *dismantled.
A government that acts as if it were only a centralized news media outlet during a pandemic dispensing information would be thoroughly damned by the majority for doing nothing in attacking the enemy. The consequences would be massive to any government that failed so miserably in its mandate to protect citizens which supposedly is its highest priority...at least overtly.

Too often TPTB do nuthin when they ought to do sumthin...and when they do, there will ALWAYS be backlash. Regardless of whether it's for better or worse, it's guaranteed the nut cases and conspiracy theorists will hoist the freedom flag in opposition every time. That's nothing new!

Ever figure the reason we may not seem to be in a true Caronapocalypse - as measured by other historical pandemics - is due to the measures taken very close to its beginning, preempting a far greater mortality rate? Basically, all the things you're bitterly opposing as an infringement of your rights.

Obviously not!!
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

So your job requires it?

I self-employ, and I sure as hell ain't makin' myself accept the jab.

That's simply workplaces exercising their 'freedom' to hire whoever they wish...

If an employer, as a function of continued employment, or as a requirement for new employment, demanded current and new employees have F*** ME tattoed across the forehead: would this be an acceptable employment practice?

If an employer, as a function of continued employment, or as a requirement for new employment, demanded current and new employees accept bein' sodomized by the employer: would this be an acceptable employment practice?

Certainly, an employer exercises control over his employees as they work. They're his reps. He can dictate dress, comportment, and duties. He can demand certain work-related training and education. His authority in the workplace doesn't extend into his employees' bodies.

Requirements for tattoos and sodomy are ridiculous; so are mandated vaccinations.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

A government that acts as if it were only a centralized news media outlet during a pandemic dispensing information would be thoroughly damned by the majority for doing nothing in attacking the enemy.

A self-reliant people would never allow a government to be more than a clearing house of information and an instrument for the investigation of, and the adjudication of, claims of life, liberty, or property violation.

The consequences would be massive to any government that failed so miserably in its mandate to protect citizens which supposedly is its highest priority...at least overtly.

This mandate to protect: it doesn't exist. It's a boondoggle. The whole notion of governance (with the governors ridin' roughshod on the governed) is a boondoggle. These legislators serve themselves. You are a product, a commodity, to them. If they save you it is akin to the rancher savin' cattle. And in the same way, if the herd needs culling, they send you off to the abattoir for slaughter.

Ever figure the reason we may not seem to be in a true Caronapocalypse - as measured by other historical pandemics - is due to the measures taken very close to its beginning, preempting a far greater mortality rate?

Nope. I figure beer virus is a nasty, novel, cold TPTB took advantage of to get their cattle in line (for the abattoir).
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

When Henry has to accept medical care the medic will probably do all he can to avoid cross infecting Henry with virus from someone else.
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

henry quirk wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:45 am I have a better understanding of anti-vaxxers now

Perhaps, but it seems you still don't get me.

First, I'm not anti-vaccination, I'm anti-mandate. Second, best I can tell, many anti-vaxxers are refuseniks solely becuz they believe the beer virus jabs are ineffective and harmful; this not my primary focus.

To be clear: we could indeed be in the midst of a True Coronapocalypse and the jabs could all be 100% effective with zero side effects and I would still oppose mandates. My ownness is nonnegotiable and not on the table. There is no I am my own except for when....

I am my own. I belong to me. My life, liberty, and property are mine. I've authorized no one to direct me. I don't recognize the moral authority of anyone (save for one) who claims power over me.

If I knowingly, willingly, without just cause deprive another of life, liberty, or property, I owe compensation. Up-thread you said Yet you willfully deprive others of their health and potentially their lives. If I do such a thing (more accurately, if I'm accused of such a thing) it must be proven. Doesn't matter if I'm accused of murder with a gun or a virus: prove it.

Some here say in a public health crisis such things have to take a backseat to controlling the disease. I say, no, in such a crisis the last thing we ought do is set aside principle. In setting aside principle we relegate man, each other, to meat, meat that must be preserved at all costs and to hell with personhood.

Living as preserved meat is not preferable to dying as a human being, a person, not to me.

This is my position, even if I'm the only one in the whole of the world who holds to it.
If TPTB mandated that you NOT get the jab, what would you do?
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Belinda wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:45 pm When Henry has to accept medical care the medic will probably do all he can to avoid cross infecting Henry with virus from someone else.
Pretty sure true medical professionals will do everything reasonable to safeguard themselves and their patients, and they'll do it with reserve.

The scared and the skittish ought find other work.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

commonsense wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:25 pm
henry quirk wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:45 am I have a better understanding of anti-vaxxers now

First, I'm not anti-vaccination, I'm anti-mandate. Second, best I can tell, many anti-vaxxers are refuseniks solely becuz they believe the beer virus jabs are ineffective and harmful; this not my primary focus.

To be clear: we could indeed be in the midst of a True Coronapocalypse and the jabs could all be 100% effective with zero side effects and I would still oppose mandates. My ownness is nonnegotiable and not on the table. There is no I am my own except for when....

I am my own. I belong to me. My life, liberty, and property are mine. I've authorized no one to direct me. I don't recognize the moral authority of anyone (save for one) who claims power over me.

If I knowingly, willingly, without just cause deprive another of life, liberty, or property, I owe compensation. Up-thread you said Yet you willfully deprive others of their health and potentially their lives. If I do such a thing (more accurately, if I'm accused of such a thing) it must be proven. Doesn't matter if I'm accused of murder with a gun or a virus: prove it.

Some here say in a public health crisis such things have to take a backseat to controlling the disease. I say, no, in such a crisis the last thing we ought do is set aside principle. In setting aside principle we relegate man, each other, to meat, meat that must be preserved at all costs and to hell with personhood.

Living as preserved meat is not preferable to dying as a human being, a person, not to me.

This is my position, even if I'm the only one in the whole of the world who holds to it.
Pretty sure I've already made my position clear.
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

henry quirk wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:27 pm
commonsense wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:25 pm

Pretty sure I've already made my position clear.
From your posts I’d conclude that you would rail against the mandate and go and get your shot if you weren’t already immune. You have pointed out that there are factors such as the ineffectiveness and dangerousness of the vaccine that would make you not want to get the shot, but you’ve also said that overall you are anti-mandate more than anything else.

So if TPTB prohibited vaccination, and if you weren’t already immune, you would roll up your sleeve to get stuck.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

From your posts I’d conclude that you would rail against the mandate and go and get your shot if you weren’t already immune. You have pointed out that there are factors such as the ineffectiveness and dangerousness of the vaccine that would make you not want to get the shot, but you’ve also said that overall you are anti-mandate more than anything else.

So if TPTB prohibited vaccination, and if you weren’t already immune, you would roll up your sleeve to get stuck.

Good lord: either I've failed to communicate or you're just yankin' my chain.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

henry quirk wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 1:27 pm So your job requires it?

That's simply workplaces exercising their 'freedom' to hire whoever they wish...

If an employer, as a function of continued employment, or as a requirement for new employment, demanded current and new employees have F*** ME tattoed across the forehead: would this be an acceptable employment practice?

If an employer, as a function of continued employment, or as a requirement for new employment, demanded current and new employees accept bein' sodomized by the employer: would this be an acceptable employment practice?

Certainly, an employer exercises control over his employees as they work. They're his reps. He can dictate dress, comportment, and duties. He can demand certain work-related training and education. His authority in the workplace doesn't extend into his employees' bodies.

Requirements for tattoos and sodomy are ridiculous; so are mandated vaccinations.
Then what are you complaining about? How exactly are you being forced to get the vaccine??
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

henry quirk wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:01 pm From your posts I’d conclude that you would rail against the mandate and go and get your shot if you weren’t already immune. You have pointed out that there are factors such as the ineffectiveness and dangerousness of the vaccine that would make you not want to get the shot, but you’ve also said that overall you are anti-mandate more than anything else.

If I had said you would bend over to get stuck, then I would have been jerkin’ your chain. :mrgreen:

Seriously, you’ve said this is all about ownership, liberty and mandates. Are you changing to something else now?
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:15 pm
henry quirk wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 1:27 pm So your job requires it?

Then what are you complaining about? How exactly are you being forced to get the vaccine??
It seems that you oppose mandated vaccinations but not another potential mandate: mandating that immunity must be by natural immunity only.
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

henry quirk wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:26 pm
Belinda wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:45 pm When Henry has to accept medical care the medic will probably do all he can to avoid cross infecting Henry with virus from someone else.
Pretty sure true medical professionals will do everything reasonable to safeguard themselves and their patients, and they'll do it with reserve.
Yes, professionals and other healthcare employees of the highest standards will use PPE and vaccinations.
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

henry quirk wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:01 pm From your posts I’d conclude that you would rail against the mandate and go and get your shot if you weren’t already immune. You have pointed out that there are factors such as the ineffectiveness and dangerousness of the vaccine that would make you not want to get the shot, but you’ve also said that overall you are anti-mandate more than anything else.

I only referenced the position you made clear.
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

That which is most dear must not be given up until the last.

Liberty must not be given up at any cost, even during a crisis.

A life without liberty is pure hell.

For that reason, liberty must be given priority over life.

Re Covid-19, masking, and distancing, and closing down bars and restaurants and theaters, and home schooling, and yes, even vaccinating should have been voluntary from the start.

Losing lives in a war to protect freedom isn’t anything new.

If this means that liberty takes precedence over compassion, then that is only an unfortunate circumstance of the pandemic world.

I look forward to rebuttal.