Healthcare Workers should be Fired

For philosophical reflections on the COVID-19 pandemic. How can philosophy help us to understand it, to combat it and to survive it?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

vegetariantaxidermy

Re: Healthcare Workers should be Fired

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

henry quirk wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:29 pm It should be 'no vaccine, no hospital care for covid'. That's fair and logical isn't it?

Okay. I propose...

If obese: no hospital care for heart attacks, the effects of diabetes, etc.

If an addict: no hospital care for overdoses.

There are others, but you get the idea.

There's precedent for your idea (and mine): chronic alcoholics are denied liver transplants.

We could make it a general rule: if you hurt yourself (or do sumthin' we think will hurt you): no medical treatment for you.

Even better: if you refuse any medically proscribed treatment you forfeit all hospital care for anything at all.

Yep, that's the one...keep all them unruly types in line.

Of course that will never happen and the morons will continue to clog up emergeny rooms. Personally I think it's great that all the morons are refusing to get vaccinated, but unfortunately they are causing inconvenience to others with their self-indulgent crap.

You understand it's the jabbed, the vaccinated, cloggin' ICUs, yeah?

We could, I guess, throw links at one another: yours showin' the unvaccinated are a plague; mine showin' the opposite. But I'm thinkin' that wouldn't profit ether of us.

I've sworn off memes (they accomplish little of what I want) but I'll make an exception just this once (cuz mebbe someone seein' it will be curious enough to follow up on it)...

39ED9CBD-46BB-4FF2-A03D-3B3D01E3CECA.png
Obviously they can't tie people down and give them the vaccine by force; they can only make life increasingly difficult for them, and as American anti-vaxers are the kind of people who live off junk food and religion then I doubt if they will have to suffer the 'difficulties' for very long.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Impenitent wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:50 pm
Lacewing wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:33 pm
henry quirk wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:29 pm no medical treatment for you.
:lol: :lol:

Okay, I can appreciate some of the logic that you and VT are proposing.

So, let's go further...

Why do we make allowances for, and support, insane people?

What about the extensive damage caused by very stupid people?

Must all be responsible for themselves, and prevented from being a threat, whether or not they have a sound mind?
history never repeats

https://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/na ... y-disabled

-Imp
Is actively killing people the same as withholding support?
vegetariantaxidermy

Lacewing wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:38 pm

So, let's go further...

Must all be responsible for themselves, and prevented from being a threat, whether or not they have a sound mind?
history never repeats

-Imp
No, because, after all, covid is just a 'little flu' therefore everyone will be fine (according to conspiracyturds like Henry)...
Why is it that they prefer to believe internet 'memes' rather than researching (not difficult) the actual facts and figures? One of life's great mysteries...
The reason my stance has seemed contradictory at times (but only to idiots with an agenda) is because I have no agenda, I only follow the facts, and because humans are learning more about this virus all the time. DUH! (That 'DUH!' wasn't aimed at you btw).
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:51 pm The reason my stance has seemed contradictory at times (but only to idiots with an agenda) is because I have no agenda
Refreshing!
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:51 pmand because humans are learning more about this virus all the time.
Exactly! How are we supposed to know all about it from the moment of panic when something unknown is unleashed?

But for some reason, all kinds of people are brandishing pitchforks and shaking their fists in the air, with their eyes rolled back in their heads, as they mouth the words of the latest conspiracy blurb.

That phenomenon is more bizarre than the virus.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

henry quirk wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:29 pm no medical treatment for you.

So, let's go further...

veg's logical and fair notion and mine (foisted up to illustrate veg's notion is not logical or fair) deal with folks makin' choices. Even if I were serious, the *insane, by definition, are not competent to make choices (never mind that we make 'em admirals).

As for the stupid: we give them Darwin Awards.

And: sound and sane minds are self-responsible minds. Leave them be.

*a very narrow thing that does not include the eccentric or self-reliant.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:01 pm
henry quirk wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:29 pm It should be 'no vaccine, no hospital care for covid'. That's fair and logical isn't it?

Okay. I propose...

There's precedent for your idea (and mine): chronic alcoholics are denied liver transplants.

We could make it a general rule: if you hurt yourself (or do sumthin' we think will hurt you): no medical treatment for you.

Even better: if you refuse any medically proscribed treatment you forfeit all hospital care for anything at all.

Of course that will never happen and the morons will continue to clog up emergeny rooms. Personally I think it's great that all the morons are refusing to get vaccinated, but unfortunately they are causing inconvenience to others with their self-indulgent crap.

We could, I guess, throw links at one another: yours showin' the unvaccinated are a plague; mine showin' the opposite. But I'm thinkin' that wouldn't profit ether of us.

I've sworn off memes (they accomplish little of what I want) but I'll make an exception just this once (cuz mebbe someone seein' it will be curious enough to follow up on it)...

Not the same at all. You are just being ridiculous. Only 1.4 percent of the people hospitalised for covid *here are vaccinated, while 80 percent of the population is vaccinated. I think even you could do 'that' maths.
*NZ is not the world. The jabbed elsewhere are the plague. And if you're gettin' your reportin' from the usual suspects (and you are) you're figures are wrong.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

commonsense wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:28 pm
henry quirk wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 12:22 am I know common is all for mandated jabs, but I might have missed, or seem to have missed, or mebbe I just forgot, your takes, Lace, veg.

Do either of you support gov/employer mandates?
Let me jump in and tell you that mandates would be my second choice.

In my utopian world there would be no mandates. Everyone would just decide for themselves to get the jab. But of course, that’s not going to happen.

So, rather than doing nothing, I would choose mandates. But of course, *mandates mean nothing in actuality.
*Tell that to all the folks havin' to choose between take the jab. or no job.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:34 pm

Okay. I propose...

Obviously they can't tie people down and give them the vaccine by force; they can only make life increasingly difficult for them, and as American anti-vaxers are the kind of people who live off junk food and religion then I doubt if they will have to suffer the 'difficulties' for very long.
👎
vegetariantaxidermy

henry quirk wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:23 pm

Okay. I propose...

Not the same at all. You are just being ridiculous. Only 1.4 percent of the people hospitalised for covid *here are vaccinated, while 80 percent of the population is vaccinated. I think even you could do 'that' maths.
*NZ is not the world. The jabbed elsewhere are the plague. And if you're gettin' your reportin' from the usual suspects (and you are) you're figures are wrong.
What are your figures and where are they from? We are all humans aren't we? 1.4 percent is a pretty specific figure don't you think?
Last edited by vegetariantaxidermy on Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:51 pm

history never repeats

-Imp
No, because, after all, covid is just a 'little flu' therefore everyone will be fine (according to conspiracyturds like Henry)...
Why is it that they prefer to believe internet 'memes' rather than *researching (not difficult) the actual facts and figures? One of life's great mysteries...
The reason my stance has seemed contradictory at times (but only to idiots with an agenda) is because I have no agenda, **I only follow the facts, and because humans are learning more about this virus all the time. DUH! (That 'DUH!' wasn't aimed at you btw).
*If you know what you're doin'. When are you gonna start?

**No, you don't. You consume what is fed to you. You've been told things about beer virus and the jab by folks you trust (who've done nuthin' to earn your trust except appear on TV or a newspaper or who are lauded by TV and newspaper folks).

You've been suckered, but good.
vegetariantaxidermy

henry quirk wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:33 pm
Why is it that they prefer to believe internet 'memes' rather than *researching (not difficult) the actual facts and figures? One of life's great mysteries...
The reason my stance has seemed contradictory at times (but only to idiots with an agenda) is because I have no agenda, **I only follow the facts, and because humans are learning more about this virus all the time. DUH! (That 'DUH!' wasn't aimed at you btw).

**No, you don't. You consume what is fed to you. You've been told things about beer virus and the jab by folks you trust (who've done nuthin' to earn your trust except appear on TV or a newspaper or who are lauded by TV and newspaper folks).

This is just draining. Don't get the fucking vaccine then. I don't care. I'm sure your 'under the counter' doctor will make sure you are ok.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Lacewing wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:07 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:51 pm The reason my stance has seemed contradictory at times (but only to idiots with an agenda) is because I have no agenda
Refreshing!
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:51 pmand because humans are learning more about this virus all the time.
Exactly! How are we supposed to know all about it from the moment of panic when something unknown is unleashed?

But for some reason, all kinds of people are brandishing pitchforks and shaking their fists in the air, with their eyes rolled back in their heads, as they mouth the words of the latest conspiracy blurb.

That phenomenon is more bizarre than the virus.
It's a virus. Right off the bat we knew a huge amount about it. Further, it's a corona virus, meaning we knew even more. Further still, this virus called covid-19 has been around for years. Vets are well acquainted with it as is any honest virologist. The only thing novel about beer virus is that it jumped to humans (with a lot of help from our good friends in China, help paid for by U.S. taxpayers). Beer virus is not new or magic or Captain Trips. It's a nasty cold that doesn't do anything but off the frail old and the fragile. The flu -- any strain of it -- does the same and we don't shut down the world for it. Beer virus hasn't killed nearly the number claimed, and it's infected, harmlessly, far more than is let on.

Mid-rant question: the official numbers of infections, hospitalizations, and deaths, national and worldwide, are plastered everywhere. Where's the official count on recoveries, national and worldwide. Go find it.

The jab: now that there is your real pandemic.

Over the next five years, folks who haven't already been off'd of crippled by the jab are gonna sicken, then die (if you've accepted the jab, you have my condolences).

That's millions of folks above and beyond the millions who die yearly from everything else.

Dark times are just around corner and it ain't cuz of no nasty cold.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:32 pm

What are your figures and where are they from? We are all humans aren't we? 1.4 percent is a pretty specific figure don't you think?
If research is easy: do your own.

People are people, but cultures, cities, habits, living arrangements, vary. For example: lockin' down in your own home with a yard separatin' you from neighbors might be a decent way to halt virus transmission, but a hundred folks livin' in apartments sharin' a common ventilation system is not. In NY city thousands were infected precisely becuz they were told to hunker down at home, home bein' apartments in buildings with shared ventilation. 40,000 old folks, early on, were off'd becuz they were confined to care facilities, locked down in what became brick and mortar incubators for not only beer virus but the flu.

Your NZ numbers, if true, and I got a fiver sez they aren't, are not universal and can't be.
vegetariantaxidermy

henry quirk wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:12 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:32 pm

If research is easy: do your own.

People are people, but cultures, cities, habits, living arrangements, vary. For example: lockin' down in your own home with a yard separatin' you from neighbors might be a decent way to halt virus transmission, but a hundred folks livin' in apartments sharin' a common ventilation system is not. In NY city thousands were infected precisely becuz they were told to hunker down at home, home bein' apartments in buildings with shared ventilation. 40,000 old folks, early on, were off'd becuz they were confined to care facilities, locked down in what became brick and mortar incubators for not only beer virus but the flu.

Your NZ numbers, if true, and I got a fiver sez they aren't, are not universal and can't be.
Why wouldn't they be true? What are your figures and where are they from? They can only come from the sources who collect the data. Look, chances are you will be fine and you will end up with a second dose of natural immunity. Good for you, but that has nothing to do with me or why I had the vaccine.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:35 pm
henry quirk wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:33 pm

*This is just draining. **Don't get the fucking vaccine then. ***I don't care. ****I'm sure your 'under the counter' doctor will make sure you are ok.
*Ain't nuthin' keepin' you in this thread...toddle off.

**I won't.

***About me? Of course. About the debate? Sure you do. Or you did till you lost.

****As I say: the antibody test sez I've had it, at least once. Didn't die, didn't go to the hospital, didn't experience anything beyond what I've had with a normal, inconvenient, flu.

Which is more likely: I'm superman or beer virus just isn't all that?