Healthcare Workers should be Fired

For philosophical reflections on the COVID-19 pandemic. How can philosophy help us to understand it, to combat it and to survive it?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

commonsense

Re: Healthcare Workers should be Fired

Post by commonsense »

henry quirk wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:25 pm
commonsense wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:28 pm
henry quirk wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 12:22 am I know common is all for mandated jabs, but I might have missed, or seem to have missed, or mebbe I just forgot, your takes, Lace, veg.

Do either of you support gov/employer mandates?
Let me jump in and tell you that mandates would be my second choice.

In my utopian world there would be no mandates. Everyone would just decide for themselves to get the jab. But of course, that’s not going to happen.

So, rather than doing nothing, I would choose mandates. But of course, *mandates mean nothing in actuality.
*Tell that to all the folks havin' to choose between take the jab. or no job.
The pass is easy to forge and keep a job.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

henry quirk wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:24 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:35 pm
henry quirk wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:33 pm

*If you know what you're doin'. When are you gonna start?

**No, you don't. You consume what is fed to you. You've been told things about beer virus and the jab by folks you trust (who've done nuthin' to earn your trust except appear on TV or a newspaper or who are lauded by TV and newspaper folks).

You've been suckered, but good.
*This is just draining. **Don't get the fucking vaccine then. ***I don't care. ****I'm sure your 'under the counter' doctor will make sure you are ok.
*Ain't nuthin' keepin' you in this thread...toddle off.

**I won't.

***About me? Of course. About the debate? Sure you do. Or you did till you lost.

****As I say: the antibody test sez I've had it, at least once. Didn't die, didn't go to the hospital, didn't experience anything beyond what I've had with a normal, inconvenient, flu.

Which is more likely: I'm superman or beer virus just isn't all that?
It's not even 'your' thread :lol: No one is suggesting you are 'superman'. There are all kinds of reasons why some people are more susceptible to it than others, just as with any illness.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

henry quirk wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:59 pm Over the next five years, folks who haven't already been off'd of crippled by the jab are gonna sicken, then die (if you've accepted the jab, you have my condolences).

Dark times are just around corner and it ain't cuz of no nasty cold.
So, what is your grand conclusion? That Dr. Evil is trying to kill us all off slowly with a vaccine? And people who don't get the vaccine will brilliantly survive to live in the Hellscape of climate change?
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:17 pm
henry quirk wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:12 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:32 pm

What are your figures and where are they from? We are all humans aren't we? 1.4 percent is a pretty specific figure don't you think?
If research is easy: do your own.

People are people, but cultures, cities, habits, living arrangements, vary. For example: lockin' down in your own home with a yard separatin' you from neighbors might be a decent way to halt virus transmission, but a hundred folks livin' in apartments sharin' a common ventilation system is not. In NY city thousands were infected precisely becuz they were told to hunker down at home, home bein' apartments in buildings with shared ventilation. 40,000 old folks, early on, were off'd becuz they were confined to care facilities, locked down in what became brick and mortar incubators for not only beer virus but the flu.

Your NZ numbers, if true, and I got a fiver sez they aren't, are not universal and can't be.
Why wouldn't they be true? What are your figures and where are they from? *They can only come from the sources who collect the data. Look, chances are you will be fine and you will end up with a second dose of natural immunity. Good for you, but that has nothing to do with me or why I had the vaccine.
*Sure. Have you actually looked at the raw data (all of it), or have you been fed select portions of data, or interpretations of the data, by the TV/Newspaper folks?

And: nope, as I say, I been there and done that. I'm not bustin' my hump -- again -- posting links and charts and reports only to have you ignore them or dismiss them. I don't ask that you take anything I say as true. I only ask that you go find out yourself.

Folks like yourself dismiss me as crackpot or conspiracy nut, but not a one of you have the curiosity or gumption to find out for yourselves. A talkin' head on TV recites numbers and there's your gospel truth. A gov agency releases a report and you stand by it. You know the press lies to you; you know your gov lies to you, but you keep goin' back to the trough.

Again: disbelieve me...go find out for yourself.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

commonsense wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:26 pm
commonsense wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:28 pm

Let me jump in and tell you that mandates would be my second choice.

In my utopian world there would be no mandates. Everyone would just decide for themselves to get the jab. But of course, that’s not going to happen.

So, rather than doing nothing, I would choose mandates. But of course, *mandates mean nothing in actuality.
A free man ought not have to lie to keep his job, get a job, or fill his larder.
vegetariantaxidermy

henry quirk wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:38 pm

I been there and done that. I'm not bustin' my hump -- again -- posting links and charts and reports blah blah...
:lol: Where are they? You mean those 'memes' you love so much? Or is this your tired old 'I've already answered that' bullshit? Come on now. How stupid do you think we are?
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

henry quirk wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:38 pm Folks like yourself dismiss me as crackpot or conspiracy nut
Clearly, for good reason.
henry quirk wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:38 pmA talkin' head on TV recites numbers and there's your gospel truth. A gov agency releases a report and you stand by it. You know the press lies to you; you know your gov lies to you, but you keep goin' back to the trough.
And this over-the-top, mis-characterization, and extremely rabid babble is evidence.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:29 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:35 pm

*This is just draining. **Don't get the fucking vaccine then. ***I don't care. ****I'm sure your 'under the counter' doctor will make sure you are ok.

**I won't.

***About me? Of course. About the debate? Sure you do. Or you did till you lost.

****As I say: the antibody test sez I've had it, at least once. Didn't die, didn't go to the hospital, didn't experience anything beyond what I've had with a normal, inconvenient, flu.

*It's not even 'your' thread :lol: No one is suggesting you are 'superman'. **There are all kinds of reasons why some people are more susceptible to it than others, just as with any illness.
*What does that have to do with anything? Hey, common, you want me out of your thread? Just say the word and I'm gone.

**Sure. In context, the reason is simple: beer virus is a nasty cold that most profoundly affects frail old folks and the immuno-compromised. Just like any other nasty corona virus or rhino virus or flu.

It's not the Coronapocalypse, and it was no reason to shut the world down or to regulate folks.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Lacewing wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:36 pm
henry quirk wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:59 pm Over the next five years, folks who haven't already been off'd of crippled by the jab are gonna sicken, then die (if you've accepted the jab, you have my condolences).

So, what is your grand conclusion? That Dr. Evil is trying to kill us all off slowly with a vaccine? And people who don't get the vaccine will brilliantly survive to live in the Hellscape of climate change?
Lace, history is full of govs killin' citizens for all kinds of reasons. Please, don't be so niave as to believe it can't happen here and now, or in my country.

We've come far from the days of Slaver-Kings, sure, but not far enough, and mebbe not as far as I thought. China, a slaver-state, kills it's own citizens, is on the verge of assimilatin' Taiwan, enslaves it's own citizens, while we watch Disney Plus.

It can't happen here will be the death of us.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:44 pm
henry quirk wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:38 pm I'm not bustin' my hump -- again -- posting links and charts and reports blah blah...
:lol: Where are they? You mean those 'memes' you love so much? Or is this your tired old 'I've already answered that' bullshit?
The supposed 'hard data' is apparently written in code in all of the cartoons, and we have to send away for a special set of eyeglasses and a decoder ring to decipher it.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Lacewing wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:49 pm
henry quirk wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:38 pm Folks like yourself dismiss me as crackpot or conspiracy nut
Clearly, for good reason.
henry quirk wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:38 pmA talkin' head on TV recites numbers and there's your gospel truth. A gov agency releases a report and you stand by it. You know the press lies to you; you know your gov lies to you, but you keep goin' back to the trough.
And this over-the-top, mis-characterization, and extremely rabid babble is evidence.
No, it's not evidence. It's me, askin' you, to go and see for yourself.

You will or you won't.
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

henry quirk wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:43 pm
commonsense wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:26 pm

A free man ought not have to lie to keep his job, get a job, or fill his larder.
True, but lying defeats mandates.
vegetariantaxidermy

henry quirk wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:49 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:29 pm

**I won't.

*It's not even 'your' thread :lol: No one is suggesting you are 'superman'. **There are all kinds of reasons why some people are more susceptible to it than others, just as with any illness.
*What does that have to do with anything? Hey, common, you want me out of your thread? Just say the word and I'm gone.

**Sure. In context, the reason is simple: beer virus is a nasty cold that most profoundly affects frail old folks and the immuno-compromised. Just like any other nasty corona virus or rhino virus or flu.

It's not the Coronapocalypse, and it was no reason to shut the world down or to regulate folks.
You are getting confused. Too much beer (virus)? I'm not 'common' :|
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

henry quirk wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:00 am
Lacewing wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:36 pm

Lace, history is full of govs killin' citizens for all kinds of reasons. Please, don't be so niave as to believe it can't happen here and now, or in my country.
I asked if that's your conclusion. Is it? Please explain how that would work -- to kill off billions of people who are the workforce that makes everything run and profitable?

And what is your survival game-plan? To hole-up in the shed in your backyard with yer gun, when 'they' come to jab you with a DNA-altering shot? If they're so smart, they can do it in a million ways that doesn't require your awareness, right?
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Lacewing wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:01 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:44 pm
henry quirk wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:38 pm I'm not bustin' my hump -- again -- posting links and charts and reports blah blah...
:lol: Where are they? You mean those 'memes' you love so much? Or is this your tired old 'I've already answered that' bullshit?
The supposed 'hard data' is apparently written in code in all of the cartoons, and we have to send away for a special set of eyeglasses and a decoder ring to decipher it.
There are threads in the beer virus sub forum other than that one. In one, you, Lace, dismissed a link leadin' to a warehouse of raw data, and you dismissed it solely on the word of one sketchy fact-check site. You never even opened the link. This has happened several times, with several people.

If you're truly interested: go see for yourself.

I won't dig it up for you, not any more.

-----

As an aside: notice, if you can, how you've moved from bein' thoughtful in the conversation to bein' nasty and sarcastic? I have.