Healthcare Workers should be Fired

For philosophical reflections on the COVID-19 pandemic. How can philosophy help us to understand it, to combat it and to survive it?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

henry quirk

Re: Healthcare Workers should be Fired

Post by henry quirk »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:07 am
henry quirk wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:49 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:29 pm

*It's not even 'your' thread :lol: No one is suggesting you are 'superman'. **There are all kinds of reasons why some people are more susceptible to it than others, just as with any illness.
*What does that have to do with anything? Hey, common, you want me out of your thread? Just say the word and I'm gone.

**Sure. In context, the reason is simple: beer virus is a nasty cold that most profoundly affects frail old folks and the immuno-compromised. Just like any other nasty corona virus or rhino virus or flu.

It's not the Coronapocalypse, and it was no reason to shut the world down or to regulate folks.
You are getting confused. Too much beer (virus)? I'm not 'common' :|
It's common's thread. Didn't you know that?
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

commonsense wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:03 am
henry quirk wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:43 pm
commonsense wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:26 pm

The pass is easy to forge and keep a job.
A free man ought not have to lie to keep his job, get a job, or fill his larder.
True, but lying defeats mandates.
Yes, it does. Not havin' to lie is better.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

henry quirk wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:10 am There are threads in the beer virus sub forum other than that one. In one, you, Lace, dismissed a link leadin' to a warehouse of raw data, and you dismissed it solely on the word of one sketchy fact-check site. You never even opened the link.
I don't tend to open links provided by people who seem a little far-fetched themselves in their general behavior. If you hadn't seemed so over-the-top and one-sided with all the stuff you were posting, I might have been more intrigued to investigate what you thought was important.
henry quirk wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:10 am As an aside: notice, if you can, how you've moved from bein' thoughtful in the conversation to bein' nasty and sarcastic? I have.
I'm still being thoughtful, Henry, I'm just having fun. Think of all that you presented for us to wade through. It deserves some mockery, just as you've posted volumes of mockery. Yes?
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

henry quirk wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:14 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:07 am
henry quirk wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:49 pm

*What does that have to do with anything? Hey, common, you want me out of your thread? Just say the word and I'm gone.

**Sure. In context, the reason is simple: beer virus is a nasty cold that most profoundly affects frail old folks and the immuno-compromised. Just like any other nasty corona virus or rhino virus or flu.

It's not the Coronapocalypse, and it was no reason to shut the world down or to regulate folks.
You are getting confused. Too much beer (virus)? I'm not 'common' :|
It's common's thread. Didn't you know that?
So? It's me you are responding to, and it's me you told to 'toddle off'.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Lacewing wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:09 am
henry quirk wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:00 am
Lacewing wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:36 pm
So, what is your grand conclusion? That Dr. Evil is trying to kill us all off slowly with a vaccine? And people who don't get the vaccine will brilliantly survive to live in the Hellscape of climate change?
Lace, history is full of govs killin' citizens for all kinds of reasons. Please, don't be so niave as to believe it can't happen here and now, or in my country.
*I asked if that's your conclusion. Is it? Please explain how that would work -- to **kill off billions of people who are the workforce that makes everything run and profitable?

And what is your survival game-plan? To hole-up in the shed in your backyard with yer gun, when 'they' come to jab you with a DNA-altering shot? ***If they're so smart, they can do it in a million ways that doesn't require your awareness, right?
*I have no grand conclusion.

**I never said billions, I said millions. Billions haven't been vaccinated, only millions. I don't think we'll see billions vaccinated. With that in mind: when Germany a small nation, killed off millions it didn't seem particularly perturbed by the hit to its economy. Every year millions die from everything. As of now: the global death total from everything, not includin' beer virus, is estimated at 47 million and change. Nations absorb a great deal of human loss yearly without a hiccup.

***Yep. Give 'em time.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

henry quirk wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:43 pm
A free man ought not have to lie to keep his job, get a job, or fill his larder.
Henry, you wouldn't be free to fill your larder if not for the hard working people who are stocking the shelves of the main supermarkets to feed the nations. Nor would you be able to fill your larder if not for the tireless truck drivers delivering those foods 24/7

Supposing everyone chose not to be vaccinated, where would that leave your larder? ... pretty empty huh?

Time to go out into the wilderness and kill a wild boar. :wink:

Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

henry quirk wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:15 am
Self-realisation is a lie.

Anyone identified with a sense of self is living a lie.

Humans are living this great lie from cradle to grave.

Back to the fantasy of the real world, I do understand where people who do not want the vaccine are coming from.

It's like where, and when will this relentless drive to jab fever, ever end?

I've had my two vaccines that were required of me, even though I have never taken a flu vaccine in my entire life, not until this pandemic struck. So all my life, my body had coped with the flu just fine, without ever taking a vaccine. And I understand how different and more serious the Covid-19 virus is, but still, like I've said, my body has coped pretty well all it's life dealing with all kinds of coronaviruses.

My point is, I had the two vaccines only to keep the zombies off my back, and for my own sanity, so that I can get my food, which I need to survive. I'd rather be able to get my food, than worry about what a vaccine may or may not do to my body.

I was even willing to take the 3rd booster jab, until recently, when I changed my mind about the booster. I changed my mind and have decided to not accept the booster jab.

Why have I done that..is because I'm sick of the whole thing. It's like where is all this going to end?

How many more jabs are going to be needed, is this jabbing frenzy going to go on and on and one forever...not for me, I'm willing to die now, rather than take any more vaccines. I'd rather be dead than live in a world like the one that is becoming right now.

Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Brits warned foreign holidays next summer at risk if they don’t get booster jab as ‘fully vaccinated’ will mean 3 doses.
A mission to curb carbon emissions ?

Or something more sinister?

Fuck off Boris, I'm not having me 3rd jab, ok. Shove it up your own arse.
vegetariantaxidermy

Dontaskme wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:30 am
henry quirk wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:15 am
Self-realisation is a lie.

Anyone identified with a sense of self is living a lie.

Humans are living this great lie from cradle to grave.

Back to the fantasy of the real world, I do understand where people who do not want the vaccine are coming from.

It's like where, and when will this relentless drive to jab fever, ever end?

I've had my two vaccines that were required of me, even though I have never taken a flu vaccine in my entire life, not until this pandemic struck. So all my life, my body had coped with the flu just fine, without ever taking a vaccine. And I understand how different and more serious the Covid-19 virus is, but still, like I've said, my body has coped pretty well all it's life dealing with all kinds of coronaviruses.

My point is, I had the two vaccines only to keep the zombies off my back, and for my own sanity, so that I can get my food, which I need to survive. I'd rather be able to get my food, than worry about what a vaccine may or may not do to my body.

I was even willing to take the 3rd booster jab, until recently, when I changed my mind about the booster. I changed my mind and have decided to not accept the booster jab.

Why have I done that..is because I'm sick of the whole thing. It's like where is all this going to end?

How many more jabs are going to be needed, is this jabbing frenzy going to go on and on and one forever...not for me, I'm willing to die now, rather than take any more vaccines. I'd rather be dead than live in a world like the one that is becoming right now.

It won't end because the virus will keep mutating so we will keep having to be re-jabbed. And the disgusting wild torture markets will keep operating so in another few years we will get a new crossover virus, and on it goes....
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 11:05 am It won't end because the virus will keep mutating so we will keep having to be re-jabbed. And the disgusting wild torture markets will keep operating so in another few years we will get a new crossover virus, and on it goes....
I actually agree with you about that. There seems to be an expectation that future jabs will be continuously issued. And there are political and economic interests that are very keen to see that that is exactly what happens.

I am not anti-vax or even necessarily anti this "vaccine," IF It turns out to be tested and effective. But I fully understand people not getting it, because the things we know about it right now are as follows: that it's new and speculative, that the vaccines so far have had some failures and some serious consequences, that it has not been tested properly (because actual scientific tests require more than that large numbers are being jabbed: they require things like long-term evaluation, testing on different ages, controlled conditions, and the use of control groups -- and we all know that none of these things have even been possible, so it's not even reasonable to claim the "vaccines" are "scientifically proven")

So if somebody doesn't trust the jab, I'm perfectly good with that. Even if they turn out to be wrong, they're no threat to anybody but themselves...at least, not any more danger than jabbed people are (because we are told jabbed people are still transmitters).

So we're running out of not just health workers, but elder care workers, airline personnel, educators, and even restaurant and convenience store staff, because the innoculation idiots cannot let anybody make his/her own choice and face his/her own consequences, and feel they have to coerce them by taking away their jobs.
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

Dontaskme wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:30 am I'm willing to die now, rather than take any more vaccines. I'd rather be dead than live in a world like the one that is becoming right now.
I am willing to die, too. I’d rather die of something other than Covid, though. Air hunger and the feeling of drowning might not be the only way that people die of Covid, but that’s the way that people end up on a vent before the end. Yes, I’m willing to die, but I’d rather die of something else.
vegetariantaxidermy

commonsense wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 3:36 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:30 am I'm willing to die now, rather than take any more vaccines. I'd rather be dead than live in a world like the one that is becoming right now.
I am willing to die, too. I’d rather die of something other than Covid, though. Air hunger and the feeling of drowning might not be the only way that people die of Covid, but that’s the way that people end up on a vent before the end. Yes, I’m willing to die, but I’d rather die of something else.
Pneumonia is more or less the same. There aren't that many 'good' ways to die.
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

Good idea! I suppose I ought to add covid to my do not resuscitate instruction in my advance directive.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 11:05 am
It won't end because the virus will keep mutating so we will keep having to be re-jabbed. And the disgusting wild torture markets will keep operating so in another few years we will get a new crossover virus, and on it goes....
It's hopelessly Grim!

Reaping what we've sown.

Anyways, tonight I'm going to curl up with a good book. Grimms Fairy Tales. :lol:
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

I don't care what I die of, it's probably going to be unpleasant which ever way it happens. Or maybe I will die in my sleep and never know I've gone. I don't actually give a fuck about dying, and thank God we only have to do it once. If it hurts then all I can say to myself is don't worry, this will only hurt for a while within the grand scheme of an eternity of nothingness.

Also, when you think about it, dying will be just another experience, it's like when do you ever get to experience that, wow, isn't that going to be fun. Imagine it, lying there knowing you are dying, wow, what an exhilarating experience that must be, can't wait.
Last edited by Dontaskme on Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.