Healthcare Workers should be Fired

For philosophical reflections on the COVID-19 pandemic. How can philosophy help us to understand it, to combat it and to survive it?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

henry quirk

Re: Healthcare Workers should be Fired

Post by henry quirk »

Lacewing wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:38 am
henry quirk to veggie wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:14 pm if you've got yours, to hell with other guy; don't fight The State if it's leavin' you be, yeah?

I used to be that way.
Used to be that way?? When did you change? *You've frequently spoken about only taking care of you and yours. **And that you don't care about anything that isn't affecting you, yes? Can you clarify when/why you actually give a crap and when you don't? :lol:
Hiya, Lace!

*Please, quote the relevant posts in their entirety so we all can see the context and meaning of me takin' care of me and mine.

**And while your huntin' down those posts, mebbe you can find those wherein I say I don't care about anything that isn't affecting me. You can quote those posts too, in their entirety, so we all can see the context and meaning of them.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:03 am
commonsense wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:37 pm
henry quirk wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:28 pm

Is mandated vaccination compassionate?
Certainly a person on immunosuppressant medication (a triple dosage for me) would bask in the compassion shown if everyone who could would get the shot.
I didn't get it for them. *I got it because it suited me to get it.
*Exactly. You decided to get jabbed, for whatever reason you sussed out for yourself. Not becuz you were guilt-tripped into it by some immuno-compromised person, and not becuz a government told you had to, and not becuz an employer threatened to fire you if you remained un-jabbed. You decided: which is how it should be.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:02 am
henry quirk wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:14 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:15 pm

Then what are you complaining about? How exactly are you being forced to get the vaccine??
So, you're in RC's camp: if you've got yours, to hell with other guy; don't fight The State if it's leavin' you be, yeah?

I used to be that way. Now, if Joe is beset upon, I don't turn away. If Stan is attacked, I step up. If my fellows are threatened with loss of livelihood for simply asserting they choose what goes into their bodies, I won't walk away thinkin' better them than me.
Who is 'RC'? I'm not in anyone's 'camp'. *unlike you.
*Which camp, whose camp, am I in?
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

henry quirk wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:54 am
henry quirk to veggie wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:14 pm if you've got yours, to hell with other guy; don't fight The State if it's leavin' you be, yeah?

I used to be that way.
Used to be that way?? When did you change? *You've frequently spoken about only taking care of you and yours. **And that you don't care about anything that isn't affecting you, yes? Can you clarify when/why you actually give a crap and when you don't? :lol:
Hiya, Lace!

*Please, quote the relevant posts in their entirety so we all can see the context and meaning of me takin' care of me and mine.

**And while your huntin' down those posts, mebbe you can find those wherein I say I don't care about anything that isn't affecting me. You can quote those posts too, in their entirety, so we all can see the context and meaning of them.
Well it would be even easier for you to just say, right now, that you've not thought nor said anything of the kind... except for certain circumstances (which you can clarify). Is that what you're saying? Perhaps it was a misunderstanding that you can easily clear up? There's no need for me to wade through all of your crap to point out things that you'll just be contrary about, and make excuses for, anyway. Just clarify now... when/why you actually give a crap about anyone else besides you and those close to you?
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Belinda wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:25 pm
henry quirk wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:26 pm
Belinda wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:45 pm When Henry has to accept medical care the medic will probably do all he can to avoid cross infecting Henry with virus from someone else.
Pretty sure true medical professionals will do everything reasonable to safeguard themselves and their patients, and they'll do it with reserve.

The scared and the skittish ought find other work.
They are far too busy saving lives and making people comfortable to bother with *unreasonable procedures.
*like worryin' if the patient is *vaccinated against a nasty cold? Like worryin' if the patient hasn't knuckled under to TPTB?

*They might be worryin', rightfully, that the patient is vaccinated. For example: the fully vaccinated Colin Powell just died of beer virus. Did the jab make his death easier? Sure as hell didn't' save him. Hasn't saved thousands of others either. And in many of those deaths, it was the jab that killed 'em. *Look to Israel. See what an almost fully jabbed population looks like.

*Once again: I'm tryin' to tickle your curiosity...Israel? What's goin' on in Israel?, I want you ask yourself. I want you to go and see for yourself. Me: I'll post no links that can be dismissed or ignored. Investigate for yourself.
Last edited by henry quirk on Tue Oct 19, 2021 1:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Lacewing wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 1:07 am
henry quirk wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:54 am
Hiya, Lace!

*Well it would be even easier for you to just say, right now, that you've not thought nor said anything of the kind... except for certain circumstances (which you can clarify). Is that what you're saying? Perhaps it was a misunderstanding that you can easily clear up? **There's no need for me to wade through all of your crap to point out things that you'll just be contrary about, and make excuses for, anyway. Just clarify now... when/why you actually give a crap about anyone else besides you and those close to you?
*Easier for you, you mean.

**Sure there is: you've asserted sumthin' about me. I want you to back it up with the damning evidence of my own words.

See, I know the game. I'm supposed to, as you reckon it, prove the unicorn doesn't exist when instead you have to prove it does.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

henry quirk wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 1:26 am *Easier for you, you mean.

**Sure there is: you've asserted sumthin' about me. I want you to back it up with the damning evidence of my own words.

See, I know the game. I'm supposed to, as you reckon it, prove the unicorn doesn't exist when instead you have to prove it does.
Ah, Henry... since when are you incapable of just saying what you think? The only game here is the one that you're playing... and it should be beneath you, as it's more the style of some other people on this forum. Just state the truth... it's that simple: When and why do you actually and truly care about anyone other than yourself and those close to you?

If you cannot answer such a simple question, then it must not have any truth to it... and you need to rely on games to try and conceal it.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Dubious wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:48 pm
henry quirk wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 1:40 pm
A self-reliant people would never allow a government to be more than a clearing house of information and an instrument for the investigation of, and the adjudication of, claims of life, liberty, or property violation.
What's the difference then between where you live and China or Russia excepting language? The kind of government you describe doesn't exist anywhere.
Despite the best efforts of folks like yourself, America is pretty damned close. Our country is too big, too fragmented, too unruly to be anything but self-reliant. Problem is: America gets little press. The United States (typically shown to be nuthin' but the East and West coasts, Capitol Hill, and the lil clones of the coasts and the Hill scattered around the country) gets all the press. America is terrible, you're told. It's a lie. America is pretty sweet. It's the U.S. (The State and its supporters, lackeys, and dupes) that's terrible. Americans mostly want to be left alone to live as they see fit and their governance of self reflects that. U.S.-ians, the one's you read about and see on your TV, they're the hysteria-mongers, the buttinskys, the regulators, the know-betters, the government-lovers. Beer virus (the response, the reaction, the strategy) is a U.S.-ian construct. Americans, for the most part, have moved on, and are gettin' a mite irritated folks like yourself keep tryin' to pull us back.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Lacewing wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 1:44 am
henry quirk wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 1:26 am *Easier for you, you mean.

Ah, Henry... since when are you incapable of just saying what you think? The only game here is the one that you're playing... and it should be beneath you, as it's more the style of some other people on this forum. Just state the truth... it's that simple: When and why do you actually and truly care about anyone other than yourself and those close to you?

If you cannot answer such a simple question, then it must not have any truth to it... and you need to rely on games to try and conceal it.
Oh, Lace, if you really had the goods, my self-damning posts, you'd pony 'em up.

👎
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

henry quirk wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:28 pm
commonsense wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:47 pm That which is most dear must not be given up until the last.

Liberty must not be given up at any cost, even during a crisis.

A life without liberty is pure hell.

For that reason, liberty must be given priority over life.

Re Covid-19, masking, and distancing, and closing down bars and restaurants and theaters, and home schooling, and yes, even vaccinating should have been voluntary from the start.

Losing lives in a war to protect freedom isn’t anything new.

If this means that liberty takes precedence over compassion, then that is only an unfortunate circumstance of the pandemic world.

I look forward to rebuttal.
Is mandated vaccination compassionate?
Certainly a person on immunosuppressant medication (a triple dosage for me) would bask in the compassion shown if everyone who could would get the shot.
I must seem, then, awfully uncompassionate: I can live with that.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

commonsense wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:32 pm
henry quirk wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:26 pm
commonsense wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:27 pm

Yes, professionals and other healthcare employees of the highest standards will use PPE and vaccinations.
Don't know it's runnin' in Merry Old, but here: every hospital and network mandatin' vaccinations is losin' doctors and nurses and support staff, hard over fist. I guess, by your lights, they ain't professionals.
Correct.
Then I'll stick with the unprofessionals. Way things are goin': they'll be the only medical folk around in five years.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

henry quirk wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 1:58 am Oh, Lace, if you really had the goods, my self-damning posts, you'd pony 'em up.

👎
They've already been witnessed and commented on by many people on this forum... your reputation clearly precedes you... and you're unable to answer any differently right now, so I think we can conclude with confidence that you're full of crap as usual. :wink: Thanks for clarifying.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Robot Overlord,

You say: I only referenced the position you made clear.

Heinlein said it well...

I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

This aligns perfectly with all my apparently incomprehensible posts in this thread.

Do you grok me now?
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

henry quirk wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 1:00 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:03 am

I didn't get it for them. *I got it because it suited me to get it.
*Exactly. You decided to get jabbed, for whatever reason you sussed out for yourself. Not becuz you were guilt-tripped into it by some immuno-compromised person, and not becuz a government told you had to, and not becuz an employer threatened to fire you if you remained un-jabbed. You decided: which is how it should be.
I've never said otherwise. It was the most rational and logical course of action. As far as I can tell the only people who are against it here are complete morons.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Lacewing wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:17 am
henry quirk wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 1:58 am Oh, Lace, if you really had the goods, my self-damning posts, you'd pony 'em up.

👎
*They've already been witnessed and commented on by many people on this forum... your reputation clearly precedes you... and you're unable to answer any differently right now, so I think we can conclude with confidence that **you're full of crap as usual. :wink: Thanks for clarifying.
*Well, let's see all those comments, in their entirety. Quote them.

**I'm thinkin' the same thing about you. But then, I've always thought that about you.

c'est la vie