Healthcare Workers should be Fired

For philosophical reflections on the COVID-19 pandemic. How can philosophy help us to understand it, to combat it and to survive it?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Dubious

Re: Healthcare Workers should be Fired

Post by Dubious »

henry quirk wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 3:14 pm
Dubious wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:24 am The logic is straight-forward simple...

Lordship over one's self is a given. If a person decides not to receive treatment for something - affecting ONLY that person almost certain to be in contact with others - he/she has the absolute right to do so. But *if your body is a vessel for transmission of a killer virus then that right must be questioned. **Rights are not and never have been absolute. It's not possible for any such situation to exist without annulling the concept of rights which always defines a balance within a society since no single individual is the sole inheritor of those rights. ***There are conditions when certain rights MUST be temporarily suspended until that which caused its curtailment is resolved or controlled. Whatever rights we have were not created on top of Mt. Sinai.
*Not to be intemperate and hostile but this smells of guilty till proven innocent.

>>**In other words: a man is his own except when TPTB say otherwise.

***Funny how such suspensions are never reversed. Funny how the suspenders retain the power they've acquired. Funny like a *heart attack.

*I truly hope referrin' to a heart attack isn't intemperate or hostile. My apologies if it is.
>>No! It's till an event comes up that says otherwise where TPTB themselves have no choice except to react while idiots like you keep waving their independence flag. A pandemic next to a war can be as serious as it gets. You don't know what it's going to do if not controlled!
commonsense

Re: jab mandates

Post by commonsense »

henry quirk wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 5:50 pm
commonsense wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 5:25 pm
henry quirk wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:57 pm
My natural rights notions have at their core 'a man belongs to himself'. His life, liberty, and property are his. His life, liberty,
and property are only forfeit, in part or whole, when he knowingly, willingly, without just cause, deprives another, in part or whole, of life, liberty, or property.
Yet you willfully deprive others of their health and potentially their lives.
By not accepting the jab?

Okay, let's look at that.

Your notion is: by not acceptin' the jab I'm a threat to the health and lives of others. Understand, I'm not talkin' generalities here. Your assertion is: I, personally, am a threat to others if I am not vaccinated against beer virus.

If this is your assertion then you have to prove it. Prove that I, Henry Quirk, am a public hazard, a bonafide threat, becuz I will not accept the jab.

We have, here in America, a means for you to do so. Sue me. Take me to court. Plead your case.
ERROR ERROR ERROR (caused by Robot Overlord)

I forgot what your immune status is. A vaccine can cause a person to produce antibodies, but you, Henry, have already produced the antibodies.

To be clear, now that I realize that you have immunity, I am saying you don’t need to take the jab.

All else that I was bickering with you about necessity was based on my false assumption that you aren’t immune. The shot totally isn’t necessary for someone who already has antibodies.

Mea culpa. Mea culpa.
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

henry quirk wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 6:46 pm
Immanuel Can wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 6:42 pm
commonsense wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 6:39 pm So, my understanding is that you won’t take the shot because it is unnecessary in your estimation. Right?
People don't owe us any explanation as to why they refuse a medical intervention. It's simply their right, for whatever reasons they have. They may think the shot is unnecessary, insufficiently tested, capable of interfering with natural immunities, or downright toxic. They don't owe us any justification of why we don't get to pry open their bodies and pour stuff in.
Absolutely right. I don't owe anyone an explanation of why, but I'm tryin' to have a temperate, non-hostile conversation with the Robot Overlord. He sez he wants to understand my refusal. It serves my purposes to lend him a hand.
Thank you. That’s all I was getting at. If I had only remembered that you already said that you have the antibodies, I would have known you were talking about the shot being unnecessary for you.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

I suspect that your cockiness stems from the fact that you've already had the virus

Nope. My beer virus run-in was earlier this year. I was just a certain in the year and change prior to that as is easily confirmed by takin' a gander at any of my beer virus-related posts since, what?, March of last year?

-----

>>**In other words: a man is his own except when TPTB say otherwise.

No! It's till an event comes up that says otherwise where TPTB themselves have no choice except to react while idiots like you keep waving their independence flag.

As I reckon it: even in a true Caronapocalypse (sumthin', in my view, that we are not in), TPTB ought do nuthin' but act as a clearing house for information and advisement. Free men don't become wards of The State, they're supposed to be its employers. And here's where we perhaps differ on that subject: I see a purpose to the minimal Nightwatchman affair, its purpose expressly bein' the investigation of, and the adjudication of, claims of life, liberty, or property violation. You mebbe see this as inadequate preferrin' the wider, deeper State with its legislators, executives, judicials, bureaucrats, technocrats, and the like. You prefer The State and work to shore it up; I work to see it *dismantled.

There's no common ground between us.

*sincerely, I hope my use of dismantled is not intemperate and hostile...I would gladly consider another word in its place if I've offended anyone
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

commonsense wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 11:44 pm
commonsense wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 5:25 pm

Yet you willfully deprive others of their health and potentially their lives.

Your notion is: by not acceptin' the jab I'm a threat to the health and lives of others. Understand, I'm not talkin' generalities here. Your assertion is: I, personally, am a threat to others if I am not vaccinated against beer virus.

If this is your assertion then you have to prove it. Prove that I, Henry Quirk, am a public hazard, a bonafide threat, becuz I will not accept the jab.

We have, here in America, a means for you to do so. Sue me. Take me to court. Plead your case.

I forgot what your immune status is. A vaccine can cause a person to produce antibodies, but you, Henry, have already produced the antibodies.

To be clear, now that I realize that you have immunity, I am saying you don’t need to take the jab.

All else that I was bickering with you about necessity was based on my false assumption that you aren’t immune. The shot totally isn’t necessary for someone who already has antibodies.

Mea culpa. Mea culpa.
Even if I weren't immune (and I only acquired that this year) I wouldn't take the current crop of jabs.

As I say I'll be the one who decides when, if, or if I ever, accept any jab.
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

henry quirk wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:02 pm For Henry it would seem that the crux of the matter is the necessity of the shot.

Not exactly, no. The crux my seein' the necessity.

So, Henry, what makes you believe that the shot isn’t necessary (again, *no tricks here; just trying to drill down to where the rubber meets the road)?

Accordin' to the antibody test, I've had it and am immune, but even if I weren't, I don't believe beer virus is anything but a nasty cold; I don't believe it's the Caronapocalypse, but, even if it were, the current jabs are, I believe, ineffective and dangerous.

And: no, I'm not interested in a rehash of whether beer virus is or is not the Caronapocalypse. Been there, done that several times over the past year and a half, in-forum and IRL. My reasons and reasoning can be found in multiple places, if you're interested.

This conversation is about, I think, a person's claim to himself vs the claim others believe they have on him. I say others have no claim on him. You seem to be sayin' they do have a claim on him.

*really, you don't have to keep sayin' that...it's meaningless...if you wanna play fast and loose with me, you will, and, if you do, I'll just stop talkin' to you
So we still have ineffective, dangerous vaccine and over-hyped ailment to consider, regarding others.

From your previous posts, I take it that your opinions on the ineffectiveness, the danger and the hype derived from your reading of various news articles.

I agree that the bottom line of it all is the ownership of the body. It’s about the question of where do your ownership rights end and mine begin.

Thanks again. I have a better understanding of anti-vaxxers now, due to our going over the issue again, and a better understanding of your personal stake in all this as well.
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

henry quirk wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 11:57 pm

Mea culpa. Mea culpa.
Even if I weren't immune (and I only acquired that this year) I wouldn't take the current crop of jabs.

I understand.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

henry quirk wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 11:57 pm

Mea culpa. Mea culpa.

I haven't heard of anyone being tied down and forced to have it. Is that what's happening over there in loonyville?
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

I have a better understanding of anti-vaxxers now

Perhaps, but it seems you still don't get me.

First, I'm not anti-vaccination, I'm anti-mandate. Second, best I can tell, many anti-vaxxers are refuseniks solely becuz they believe the beer virus jabs are ineffective and harmful; this not my primary focus.

To be clear: we could indeed be in the midst of a True Coronapocalypse and the jabs could all be 100% effective with zero side effects and I would still oppose mandates. My ownness is nonnegotiable and not on the table. There is no I am my own except for when....

I am my own. I belong to me. My life, liberty, and property are mine. I've authorized no one to direct me. I don't recognize the moral authority of anyone (save for one) who claims power over me.

If I knowingly, willingly, without just cause deprive another of life, liberty, or property, I owe compensation. Up-thread you said Yet you willfully deprive others of their health and potentially their lives. If I do such a thing (more accurately, if I'm accused of such a thing) it must be proven. Doesn't matter if I'm accused of murder with a gun or a virus: prove it.

Some here say in a public health crisis such things have to take a backseat to controlling the disease. I say, no, in such a crisis the last thing we ought do is set aside principle. In setting aside principle we relegate man, each other, to meat, meat that must be preserved at all costs and to hell with personhood.

Living as preserved meat is not preferable to dying as a human being, a person, not to me.

This is my position, even if I'm the only one in the whole of the world who holds to it.
Last edited by henry quirk on Mon Oct 18, 2021 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vegetariantaxidermy

henry quirk wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:45 am I have a better understanding of anti-vaxxers now

Perhaps, but it seems you still don't get me.

First, I'm not anti-vaccination, I'm anti-mandate. Second, best I can tell, many anti-vaxxers are refuseniks solely becuz they believe the beer virus jabs are ineffective and harmful; this not my primary focus.

To be clear: we could indeed be in the midst of a True Coronapocalypse and the jabs could all be 100% effective with zero side effects and I would still oppose mandates. My ownness is nonnegotiable and not on the table. There is no I am my own except for when....

I am my own. I belong to me. My life, liberty, and property are mine. I've authorized no one to direct me. I don't recognize the moral authority of anyone who claims power over me.

If I knowingly, willingly, without just cause deprive another of life, liberty, or property, I owe compensation. Up-thread you said Yet you willfully deprive others of their health and potentially their lives. If do such a thing (more accurately, if I'm accused of such a thing) it must be proven. Doesn't matter if I'm accused of murder with a gun or a virus: prove it.

Some here say in a public health crisis such things have to take a backseat to controlling the disease. I say, no, in such a crisis the last thing we ought do is set aside principle. In setting aside principle we relegate man, each other, to meat, meat that must be preserved at all costs and to hell with personhood.

Living as preserved meat is not preferable to dying as a human being, a person, not to me.

This is my position, even if I'm the only one in the whole of the world who holds to it.
So you want to be 'free' to cause as much bother and nuisance as possible to everyone else.
And it's relevant that Trump has had it because he was telling all the members of the American idiocracy that it was 'just a little flu'. Why would he bother getting vaccinated then?
If the vaccine is so 'dangerous' then why the need for all the lies eg. that it contains microchips and causes sterility and impotence? There's no need for lies when you have science on your side. It's just like the creationturd movement--and doubtless being cooked up by the same mob.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Why would he bother getting vaccinated then?

Ask him. I'm not his keeper or follower. He was my instrument, but that's history now.

You'll note: you brought ORANGE MAN up, not me. In fact: I haven't brought him up in months.

If he's livin' in your head: that's your problem, not mine.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

If the vaccine is so 'dangerous' then why the need for all the lies eg. that it contains microchips and causes sterility and impotence?

Take that up with the folks sayin' that. I've said no such thing, here or anywhere.
vegetariantaxidermy

So you are just a pig-headed, annoying, contrary little twit then.

I'm still not sure what your beef is. Has anyone tried to force you to get the vaccine? Is it illegal to not get it over there?
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 1:15 am So *you are just a pig-headed, annoying, contrary little twit then.

**I'm still not sure what your beef it. Has anyone tried to force you to get the vaccine? Is it illegal to not get it over there?
*Intemperance and hostility: tsk, tsk.

**Obviously.
vegetariantaxidermy

henry quirk wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 1:30 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 1:15 am So *you are just a pig-headed, annoying, contrary little twit then.

**I'm still not sure what your beef it. Has anyone tried to force you to get the vaccine? Is it illegal to not get it over there?
*Intemperance and hostility: tsk, tsk.

**Obviously.
So your job requires it? That's simply workplaces exercising their 'freedom' to hire whoever they wish...