Healthcare Workers should be Fired

For philosophical reflections on the COVID-19 pandemic. How can philosophy help us to understand it, to combat it and to survive it?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

henry quirk

Re: Children are up to 16 times more likely to die with Covid-19 if they’ve had the Covid Vaccine according to latest UK

Post by henry quirk »

Lacewing wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 6:58 pm
henry quirk to RCSaunders wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 4:00 pm I'm not Lace, so I got no interest in tearin' you down while pretendin' I'm bein' philosophical and just havin' fun.
:lol: Oh, boo hoo, *fuck you, Henry. You're such a self-righteous delusional spammer who claims to be a free man while you are clearly OWNED: if not by the gushing-stupidity-stream of conspiracies, then by your bloated ego. You tear people down CONTINUALLY! Who the fuck do you think you're kidding?
henry quirk to RCSaunders wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 4:00 pm I'm just curious as to the apparent conflict between what you say and what you do.
:lol: Oh YES... Henry is JUST CURIOUS!!! And none of the rest of us are actually interested in such 'conflicts' between what people say and do. :lol:

**I'm not pretending anything, Henry. I'm genuine, I'm philosophical, I'm having fun, and sometimes ya gotta tear things down to show what they're actually made of or what they're hiding. You ought to know that! Don't glorify yourself as being the one who is doing that 'correctly' here.
*Right back at you, sis.

**Yeah, you are. Your posts drip desperation. You're hungry for attention. In that respect, you and DAM are indistinguishable.
Lacewing

Re: Healthcare Workers should be Fired

Post by Lacewing »

henry quirk wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 7:31 pm
Lacewing wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 6:58 pm I'm not pretending anything, Henry.
Yeah, you are. Your posts drip desperation. You're hungry for attention.
:lol: Not in any way.

As usual, when you haven't a clue, you seem intent on believing and circulating ridiculous fabrications.
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

Last edited by commonsense on Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
commonsense

Healthcare workers should be fired

Post by commonsense »

commonsense wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:34 pm
Lacewing wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 6:58 pm
:lol: Oh, boo hoo, *fuck you, Henry. You're such a self-righteous delusional spammer who claims to be a free man while you are clearly OWNED: if not by the gushing-stupidity-stream of conspiracies, then by your bloated ego. You tear people down CONTINUALLY! Who the fuck do you think you're kidding?

:lol: Oh YES... Henry is JUST CURIOUS!!! And none of the rest of us are actually interested in such 'conflicts' between what people say and do. :lol:

**I'm not pretending anything, Henry. I'm genuine, I'm philosophical, I'm having fun, and sometimes ya gotta tear things down to show what they're actually made of or what they're hiding. You ought to know that! Don't glorify yourself as being the one who is doing that 'correctly' here.
*Right back at you, sis.

**Yeah, you are. Your posts drip desperation. You're hungry for attention. In that respect, you and DAM are indistinguishable.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Lacewing wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:30 pm
Lacewing wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 6:58 pm I'm not pretending anything, Henry.
Yeah, you are. Your posts drip desperation. You're hungry for attention.
:lol: Not in any way.

As usual, when you haven't a clue, you seem intent on believing and circulating ridiculous fabrications.
A spicy comeback...not.
henry quirk

Re:

Post by henry quirk »

commonsense wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:34 pm.
I can't read your mind, guy.
commonsense

Re: Re:

Post by commonsense »

henry quirk wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:44 pm
commonsense wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:34 pm.
I can't read your mind, guy.
Thoughtless of me…
JackWhite

Post by JackWhite »

It's clear that everyone should be vaccinated. It's just safe to live with it. We have statics that confirms this fact.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

JackWhite wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 4:28 pm It's clear that everyone should be vaccinated. It's just safe to live with it. We have statics that confirms this fact.
No. It's clear a man's self-possession isn't up for negotiation or dismissal even in the midst of a pandemic (which we are not).

To be jabbed or not: that's the call of the individual, not the State or the society.
Skepdick

Post by Skepdick »

henry quirk wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 2:20 pm No. It's clear a man's self-possession isn't up for negotiation or dismissal even in the midst of a pandemic (which we are not).

To be jabbed or not: that's the call of the individual, not the State or the society.
Why do you always keep jumping to this trivial point? Nobody thinks jabbing people against their will is a good idea.

The entire issue is about the objective merits of the options before each individual: vaccination vs non-vaccination.
All facts demonstrate that vaccination is objectively a better individual choice than non-vaccination.

And so people reasonably expect that given all the facts, and given your own faculties for autonomous decision-making you'd arrive at the conclusion to vaccinate yourself.

Of course, it is also your individual choice to make objectively bad choices, but that's precisely what gets society pondering. Why are you self-sabotaging? Are you cognitively impaired? Maybe we've over-estimated your faculties? Perhaps you are incapable of autonomy? Maybe we need to appoint somebody to make grownup decisions for you?
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Why do you always keep jumping to this trivial point? Nobody thinks jabbing people against their will is a good idea.

The thread's title -- Healthcare Workers should be Fired -- sums it up: In multiple nations, govs are institutin' policy by which one must be vaccinated to be employed, to feed one's self, even to leave one's home.

Obviously, the folks comin' up with these policies think it's a damned fine idea.

All facts demonstrate that vaccination is objectively a better individual choice than non-vaccination.

All the facts demonstrate that beer virus jabs are ineffective and risky and mostly unnecessary.

And so people reasonably expect that given all the facts, and given your own faculties for autonomous decision-making you'd arrive at the conclusion to vaccinate yourself.

And others, in light of the jab's ineffectiveness and risk wonder how intelligent folks can line up to accept them.

Why are you self-sabotaging?

That's what I wonder about the jabbed.

Maybe we need to appoint somebody to make grownup decisions for you?

You lil tyrant you: me, after pointin' out the cliff ahead, I'm comfortable lettin' you and yours take the drop. I'll wonder why you were hell-bent on goin' over, even after it was pointed out hey, there's one helluva fall just ahead, but I won't stop you.

Sure as shit: I won't join you.
Skepdick

Post by Skepdick »

henry quirk wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 3:29 pm The thread's title -- Healthcare Workers should be Fired -- sums it up: In multiple nations, govs are institutin' policy by which one must be vaccinated to be employed, to feed one's self, even to leave one's home.

Obviously, the folks comin' up with these policies think it's a damned fine idea.
Indeed! Private entities owning private businesses choosing how to operate their property. They are exercising their property rights, their freedom of choice AND their freedom of association.

Surely a minarchist should celebrate the fact that we are getting along just fine without government involvement?
henry quirk wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 3:29 pm All the facts demonstrate that beer virus jabs are ineffective and risky and mostly unnecessary.
And others, in light of the jab's ineffectiveness and risk wonder how intelligent folks can line up to accept them.
That's what I wonder about the jabbed.
Even without a vaccine requirement for employees, the above answer should get you fired from any scientific/evidence-based establishment.

I'd fire you for gross incompetence.
Skepdick

Post by Skepdick »

henry quirk wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 3:29 pm You lil tyrant you: me, after pointin' out the cliff ahead, I'm comfortable lettin' you and yours take the drop. I'll wonder why you were hell-bent on goin' over, even after it was pointed out hey, there's one helluva fall just ahead, but I won't stop you.
You little ignoramus you.. You can't even tell you are the one heading for the cliff and society is trying to stop you.

At this point it's probably safe to conclude that you are incapable of comprehending scientific literature and understanding evidence.

You really are incompetent.
Attachments
cliff.jpeg
cliff.jpeg (61.27 KiB) Viewed 1331 times
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Indeed! Private entities owning private businesses choosing how to operate their property. They are exercising their property rights, their freedom of choice AND their freedom of association.

Back up, Ringo: I'm talkin' about govs, not private employers (I'll get to them shortly).

Here: the Houseplant in the Oval office mandated thru exec order that all businesses with 100 or more employees must make those employees accept the jab. There's been significant pushback from employers and employees both. Lawsuits are at play against the administration over the mandated jabs. And on the state-level, multiple governors have issued similar exec orders with similar pushback from the private sector.

Surely a minarchist should celebrate the fact that we are getting along just fine without government involvement?

As I point out above, here, there's plenty of gov coercion.

And: it's happenin' elsewhere. In Austrailia, some high muckity-muck thinks it's friggin' great her gov is creatn' a two-tier nation, with the jabbed havin' the superior position.

About those private employers...

Certainly, an employer has some, work-related, control over his proxies (dress, comportment, duties) but the employer's control never trumps the employees rights. For example: no employer ought to demand, as a condition of new or continued employment, employees have F*** ME tattoo'd across their foreheads, or that as a condition of new or continued employment, all employees must accept the employer's johnson up the keister. The employer owns his business, but he doesn't own his employees.

I'd fire you for gross incompetence.

Likewise, I'm sure.

You really are incompetent.

Projection.
Skepdick

Post by Skepdick »

henry quirk wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 4:35 pm Back up, Ringo: I'm talkin' about govs, not private employers (I'll get to them shortly).
Here: the Houseplant in the Oval office mandated thru exec order that all businesses with 100 or more employees must make those employees accept the jab. There's been significant pushback from employers and employees both. Lawsuits are at play against the administration over the mandated jabs. And on the state-level, multiple governors have issued similar exec orders with similar pushback from the private sector.
Ohhh. OK, you too are doing the bait&switch trick of stretching the definition of "mandatory vaccinations" as far as it needs to fit your argument.

Is the government going to throw you in a jail and convict you of a crime if you don't vaccinate? No? Then it's not mandatory!
Do you have the option to refuse the jab (even if it means losing yoru job)? Yes? Then it's not mandatory!
When it comes to hiring/firing peope both governments and employers operate under the same labour laws.
henry quirk wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 4:35 pm As I point out above, here, there's plenty of gov coercion.
Ohhh. Coercion! Are they coercing you like your mom coerced you to eat your bcoroli?
henry quirk wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 4:35 pm Certainly, an employer has some, work-related, control over his proxies (dress, comportment, duties) but the employer's control never trumps the employees rights.
Strawman. The employee's rights don't trump the employer's rights.
henry quirk wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 4:35 pm For example: no employer ought to demand, as a condition of new or continued employment, employees have F*** ME tattoo'd across their foreheads, or that as a condition of new or continued employment, all employees must accept the employer's johnson up the keister. The employer owns his business, but he doesn't own his employees.
I agree 100%. But somebody has to pay for those extra sick days and medical aid, and potentially the cost of replacing you if you die from a preventable disease. So how about we cut your pay by $500 to off-set those costs/risk of your sub-par decision making?

But on the whole, it leaves a sour taste in my mouth having to employ people who make objectively bad decisions. If you can't even make good decisions for yourself, how the hell are you going to make good decisions on behalf of the business?
henry quirk wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 4:35 pm Projection.
Nope. You are incompetent.

The issue of vaccination is a 100% personal matter - a matter of choice. There is enough facts/data out there, from a sufficient number of independent sources, over a sufficiently long duration of time to make an objectively good decision. There's not even a need to argue with strangers on a Philosophy forum about this, or bring The Government; or the law; or your rights into the equation. This is entirely between you and the facts/evidence.

You just don't know what to do with them. Because you are incompetent. And you are trying to hide your incompetence behind your rights.

For as long as incompetent people (such as yourself) keep politicising the non-political, your "small government" is an unattainable pipe dream.