Healthcare Workers should be Fired

For philosophical reflections on the COVID-19 pandemic. How can philosophy help us to understand it, to combat it and to survive it?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

attofishpi

Re: Children are up to 16 times more likely to die with Covid-19 if they’ve had the Covid Vaccine according to latest UK

Post by attofishpi »

RCSaunders wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 1:26 am
Immanuel Can wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 9:31 pm
RCSaunders wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 6:17 pm
Better at what, Henry? I certainly don't care what they think or believe.

Besides, no one here is interested in actually checking links or learning anything new. (You're an exception.)
If you put the article there, then whether they want to read it or not, you leave them without an excuse. You make their ignorance into willful ignorance, rather than merely an inability to locate your data.

But if you don't put in your source, they can always say, as commonsense says, "I can't find any such evidence." And if they're right about that, then their disbelief becomes warranted.

You may as well take away that excuse from them, don't you suppose?
Is that what you would do?

You really do have a bad memory. How many times have I said, I'm not interested in changing anyone else's mind. I have no ideology, program, or policy to put over, and I'm certainly not obligated to educate anyone else who is not willing to educate themselves. Besides, they are all a lot more entertaining the way they are.
Oh RCSaunders - Holier than thou!!

I for one, am sick of hearing your conceited self deceived notion that you have NO ideology.

Your are projecting at us your POV...yep, your point of view is YOUR fucking ideology you moron...ooo and how very often you like to express it.

Are you a hypocrite or just plain too stupid to see your hypocrisy?
RCSaunders

Re: Children are up to 16 times more likely to die with Covid-19 if they’ve had the Covid Vaccine according to latest UK

Post by RCSaunders »

attofishpi wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 11:42 am
RCSaunders wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 1:26 am
If you put the article there, then whether they want to read it or not, you leave them without an excuse. You make their ignorance into willful ignorance, rather than merely an inability to locate your data.

But if you don't put in your source, they can always say, as commonsense says, "I can't find any such evidence." And if they're right about that, then their disbelief becomes warranted.

You may as well take away that excuse from them, don't you suppose?
Is that what you would do?

You really do have a bad memory. How many times have I said, I'm not interested in changing anyone else's mind. I have no ideology, program, or policy to put over, and I'm certainly not obligated to educate anyone else who is not willing to educate themselves. Besides, they are all a lot more entertaining the way they are.
Oh RCSaunders - Holier than thou!!

I for one, am sick of hearing your conceited self deceived notion that you have NO ideology.

Your are projecting at us your POV...yep, your point of view is YOUR fucking ideology you moron...ooo and how very often you like to express it.

Are you a hypocrite or just plain too stupid to see your hypocrisy?
Guess I'm just too stupid to see it.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

henry quirk wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 4:55 pm
You'd have done better if you'd just posted this...

Children up to 16 times more likely to die with covid 19 if vaccinated.

...as assertion, then posted the links found at the end of the piece.

Let the folks read and decide for themselves.
Better at what, Henry? *I certainly don't care what they think or believe.

Besides, no one here is interested in actually checking links or learning anything new. (You're an exception.)
And that's what puzzles me: if you were truly indifferent, you'd go about your business quietly. Instead, you write essays and challenge folks here. if you don't care what they think or believe: why the essays? Why the challenges here?

I'm not Lace, so I got no interest in tearin' you down while pretendin' I'm bein' philosophical and just havin' fun. I'm just curious as to the apparent conflict between what you say and what you do.
henry quirk

Re: Glaringly obvious conspiracyturd garbage

Post by henry quirk »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 6:47 pm

Stupid sycophant. *Henry is interested in learning? Is that 'a joke' too? :lol:
*You got me, veg: this is your most insightful contribution to date. Let's explore it...

Henry is interested in learning? is Henry isn't interested in learning. In the context of this place, you're right on the money.

What is there to learn here?

That the majority here are farm animals (and content to be so?)?: I learned that years ago.

That the majority here have the curiosity of a stone (and defer to convention and authority reflexively?)? Ditto.

That the majority here would sell their children for stew meat if TPTB let them be? Ditto.

No, veg, everything I could learn here, I done learned a long time back.

I'm only here to *fight (in a temperate and non-hostile way, of course).

EDIT: *as I think on it, I'm not even here to fight (cuz I done that already and it means nuthin')...mebbe all I really do here is say there's a cliff ahead, you moron, so take care even as I know most of you are goin' over anyway
Last edited by henry quirk on Sun Oct 24, 2021 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

commonsense wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 7:10 pm Try googling the following, then see what you get:

Children are up to 16 times more likely to die with Covid-19 if they’ve had the Covid Vaccine according to latest UK Health Security Agency report

Hint: nothing points to this hogwash.
Consider, for a moment, that TPTB don't want you to know certain things. If this were the case: do you truly believe a simple web search will profit you? A simple web search usin' google?

What you've done is the equivalent of a detective searchin' for the murder weapon who, as he walks thru the murder house, never opens a door, never goes to the attic or basement, never searches the grounds. In effect you poked your head thru the front door, scanned the parlor, and declared looks clean to me.

You did less than nuthin'.

Oh, but I ain't got time for all them shenanigans, Henry! I got my soap operas, and my parrot, and my knittin' to get to!

If you'd been fed poison and told the antidote was hidden somewhere in that house: I'm bettin' you'd tear that sucker apart.

I'm tellin' you, right here and now, you've been poisoned, in multiple ways: go find the antidote.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

*You may as well take away that excuse from them, don't you suppose?
*Can't make that horse drink. Better to let it get thirsty then point in the direction of the trough.
RCSaunders

Post by RCSaunders »

henry quirk wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 4:00 pm

And that's what puzzles me: if you were truly indifferent, you'd go about your business quietly. Instead, you write essays and challenge folks here. if you don't care what they think or believe: why the essays? Why the challenges here?

I'm not Lace, so I got no interest in tearin' you down while pretendin' I'm bein' philosophical and just havin' fun. I'm just curious as to the apparent conflict between what you say and what you do.
What's so strange? I enjoy talking to people and expressing my ideas and observing how others respond to them. I've explained it all before:
To me, conversation is not a contest or conflict, it is the free exchange and offer of ideas between individuals to be examined and evaluated by every individual to enjoy, accept, hate, or reject as they choose.

I have no agenda, no program to put over, no ideology to promote. I'm not interested in changing anyone else's mind or what they choose to believe or do.

If I say or explain something someone else finds of value and enjoys good. If I say or explain something someone else finds absurd and hates, that's just as good. It's the whole purpose of conversation for me, a, "free market of ideas."
If you see some kind of contradiction in that, so be it. I don't.

[There is one other thing. I'm a writer and have, over my entire life, made a large part of my income from writing and publishing, everything from short stories to a 15 thousand page manual for digital switching systems. Writing is part of my nature. I have to write to be myself. I am very much like H.L. Mencken in that regard, who, when asked why he wrote said: "I write for the same reason a cow gives milk."

Do you think every writer is attempting to promote some ideology? Even if all their writing is about ideas, science, or philosophy, it does not mean they are writing to prove anything to anyone else. They write because to not write is to not live. Not milking a dairy cow will cause serious health problems and even death for the cow.]
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

henry quirk wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 4:13 pm

*You got me, veg: this is your most insightful contribution to date. Let's explore it...

Henry is interested in learning? is Henry isn't interested in learning. In the context of this place, you're right on the money.

That the majority here are farm animals (and content to be so?)?: I learned that years ago.

That the majority here have the curiosity of a stone (and defer to convention and authority reflexively?)? Ditto.

That the majority here would sell their children for stew meat if TPTB let them be? Ditto.

EDIT: *as I think on it, I'm not even here to fight (cuz I done that already and it means nuthin')...mebbe all I really do here is say there's a cliff ahead, you moron, so take care even as I know most of you are goin' over anyway
You can learn anywhere. We have plenty of loons here too, banging on about their 'freedom' without having a clue what that even means. They have no interest in learning either, which is why they only 'learn' from websites that reinforce their garbage in exactly the same way that creationturds/alien visitor believers/9/11 'truthers'...(they are all cast from the same mould) do. What they are really doing in this country is blackmailing the govt. and waiting for a payout. There's not a single intelligent, thinking person amongst them. The virus is actually a wonderful opportunity for humanity to cull some of its biggest morons, except that here they are coddled and pandered to--treated as 'special and precious'.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

RCSaunders wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 6:02 pm
henry quirk wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 4:00 pm

What's so strange? I enjoy talking to people and expressing my ideas and observing how others respond to them. I've explained it all before:
To me, conversation is not a contest or conflict, it is the free exchange and offer of ideas between individuals to be examined and evaluated by every individual to enjoy, accept, hate, or reject as they choose.

I have no agenda, no program to put over, no ideology to promote. I'm not interested in changing anyone else's mind or what they choose to believe or do.

If I say or explain something someone else finds of value and enjoys good. If I say or explain something someone else finds absurd and hates, that's just as good. It's the whole purpose of conversation for me, a, "free market of ideas."
*If you see some kind of contradiction in that, so be it. I don't.

[There is one other thing. I'm a writer and have, over my entire life, made a large part of my income from writing and publishing, everything from short stories to a 15 thousand page manual for digital switching systems. Writing is part of my nature. I have to write to be myself. I am very much like H.L. Mencken in that regard, who, when asked why he wrote said: "I write for the same reason a cow gives milk."

Do you think every writer is attempting to promote some ideology? Even if all their writing is about ideas, science, or philosophy, it does not mean they are writing to prove anything to anyone else. They write because to not write is to not live. Not milking a dairy cow will cause serious health problems and even death for the cow.]
*Well, then: I'll just leave it at that.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 6:39 pm
henry quirk wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 4:13 pm

You can learn anywhere. We have plenty of loons here too, banging on about their 'freedom' without having a clue what that even means. They have no interest in learning either, which is why they only 'learn' from websites that reinforce their garbage in exactly the same way that creationturds/alien visitor believers/9/11 'truthers'...(they are all cast from the same mould) do. What they are really doing in this country is blackmailing the govt. and waiting for a payout. There's not a single intelligent, thinking person amongst them. The virus is actually a wonderful opportunity for humanity to cull some of its biggest morons, except that here they are coddled and pandered to--treated as 'special and precious'.
Thanks for the reminder... 👍
RCSaunders

Post by RCSaunders »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 6:39 pm You can learn anywhere. We have plenty of loons here too, banging on about their 'freedom' without having a clue what that even means. They have no interest in learning either, which is why they only 'learn' from websites that reinforce their garbage in exactly the same way that creationturds/alien visitor believers/9/11 'truthers'...(they are all cast from the same mould) do. What they are really doing in this country is blackmailing the govt. and waiting for a payout. There's not a single intelligent, thinking person amongst them. The virus is actually a wonderful opportunity for humanity to cull some of its biggest morons, except that here they are coddled and pandered to--treated as 'special and precious'.
As the Aussies used to say, "that's bonzer," or, "good on ya!"

(Is there a similar New Zealand expression?)
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

RCSaunders wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 9:25 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 6:39 pm You can learn anywhere. We have plenty of loons here too, banging on about their 'freedom' without having a clue what that even means. They have no interest in learning either, which is why they only 'learn' from websites that reinforce their garbage in exactly the same way that creationturds/alien visitor believers/9/11 'truthers'...(they are all cast from the same mould) do. What they are really doing in this country is blackmailing the govt. and waiting for a payout. There's not a single intelligent, thinking person amongst them. The virus is actually a wonderful opportunity for humanity to cull some of its biggest morons, except that here they are coddled and pandered to--treated as 'special and precious'.
As the Aussies used to say, "that's bonzer," or, "good on ya!"

(Is there a similar New Zealand expression?)
I wouldn't know (or care).
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

henry quirk to RCSaunders wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 4:00 pm I'm not Lace, so I got no interest in tearin' you down while pretendin' I'm bein' philosophical and just havin' fun.
:lol: Oh, boo hoo, fuck you, Henry. You're such a self-righteous delusional spammer who claims to be a free man while you are clearly OWNED: if not by the gushing-stupidity-stream of conspiracies, then by your bloated ego. You tear people down CONTINUALLY! Who the fuck do you think you're kidding?
henry quirk to RCSaunders wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 4:00 pm I'm just curious as to the apparent conflict between what you say and what you do.
:lol: Oh YES... Henry is JUST CURIOUS!!! And none of the rest of us are actually interested in such 'conflicts' between what people say and do. :lol:

I'm not pretending anything, Henry. I'm genuine, I'm philosophical, I'm having fun, and sometimes ya gotta tear things down to show what they're actually made of or what they're hiding. You ought to know that! Don't glorify yourself as being the one who is doing that 'correctly' here.
commonsense

Re: Healthcare Workers should be Fired

Post by commonsense »

HQ, leave my thread title alone
henry quirk

Re: Healthcare Workers should be Fired

Post by henry quirk »

commonsense wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 7:11 pm HQ, leave my thread title alone
My only change was back on page 7 with jab mandates.

How come yer comin' after me on that when others -- like veg -- have done the same?

And: as it suits my purposes, I'll change the title as I like.