Healthcare Workers should be Fired

For philosophical reflections on the COVID-19 pandemic. How can philosophy help us to understand it, to combat it and to survive it?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Immanuel Can

Re: Healthcare Workers should be Fired

Post by Immanuel Can »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 9:25 pm From the US.
That fails to explain why so many from other countries are doing the same.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 9:27 pm Oooh, right. There MUST be a conspiracy somewhere eh? I mean, paramedics would have to have special insight and access to information the rest of us don't :lol:
It's not just "paramedics." It's nurses, doctors and even virologists. These are not dumb people; and they're not people who have no access to information. It's clear they just don't like the implications of what they know.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Immanuel Can wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 9:30 pm
Have you ever heard of a thing called 'the internet'?
Look. You are a creationist. That's the same as having a serious discussion with a two year old. There's nothing more to say to you on the matter.
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

Immanuel Can wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:04 pm
commonsense wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 12:16 am Anyone who works in a hospital, a clinic, or as an EMT or Paramedic should be fired for refusing to be vaccinated against locally prevalent communicable diseases, including COVID.
A: Here's a better question: why are so very many of the people who are declining the needle already workers in heathcare? :shock:

B: What do they know about those medications that the rest of us are not being told? :?
A: because there was no Covid vaccine to be afraid of when they already became healthcare workers.

B: nothing.
vegetariantaxidermy

Immanuel Can wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 9:31 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 9:27 pm Oooh, right. There MUST be a conspiracy somewhere eh? I mean, paramedics would have to have special insight and access to information the rest of us don't :lol:
It's not just "paramedics." It's nurses, doctors and even virologists. These are not dumb people; and they're not people who have no access to information. It's clear they just don't like the implications of what they know.
Right. Because 'all' of those people have 'special access' to 'top secret information'.
Don't have the vaccine. Who gives a shit? One less moron in the world. Just stop spreading bullshit.
Fuck off.
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

Doctors are not refusing the vaccine.

You have the same access to medical research, with a subscription, that healthcare workers have on MedPub.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 9:33 pm
Immanuel Can wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 9:30 pm
Have you ever heard of a thing called 'the internet'?
So your theory is that all these medical professionals are falling prey to the internet?

Now who's pitching a conspiracy theory?
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

commonsense wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 9:33 pm
Immanuel Can wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:04 pm
commonsense wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 12:16 am Anyone who works in a hospital, a clinic, or as an EMT or Paramedic should be fired for refusing to be vaccinated against locally prevalent communicable diseases, including COVID.
A: Here's a better question: why are so very many of the people who are declining the needle already workers in heathcare? :shock:

B: What do they know about those medications that the rest of us are not being told? :?
A: because there was no Covid vaccine to be afraid of when they already became healthcare workers.
But they've watched it developed, introduced, and used on patients. Why are they unhappy, if that's all gone sunnily...and so unhappy that they'd rather lose their jobs that take the stuff?
B: nothing.
And you know this because...?
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 9:34 pm
Right.
That is right, actually.

So you're scared. I can see that. And you'd rather trust in anything than suspect you're being poisoned. Yes, I get that, too. It's what's called, "Whistling in the dark." It's part of human nature, sadly.
vegetariantaxidermy

One typical example of moronism in action: I know a person who won't get the vaccine because it will 'destroy his immune system'. This same person smokes non stop all day long. I think it takes him about 5 minutes to smoke a cigarette, so that works out at roughly 200 cigarettes per day. That comes to 10 packs a day. Correct me if my maths is wrong. Of course, having a vaccine is MUCH worse than smoking 200 cigarettes per day :lol: As an aside, smokes here are around $40 a pack, and this person is constantly whining about how poor he is, so you can see the level of idiocy the scientific community is dealing with.
Last edited by vegetariantaxidermy on Thu Oct 14, 2021 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

Immanuel Can wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 9:21 pm
Belinda wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 9:14 pm That includes wearing appropriate work clothing, and not spreading disease germs.
What if they know the vaccines have side effects that are not being reported, or that they actuall make the disease worse? Then ought they to knuckle under, contrary to what they know is good?

There's some reason that so many health-care professionals are refusing the vaccine, even at the cost of their jobs. And you can't say it's because they hate science, or want to kill people, or are all religious nut-jobs. That doesn't remotely make sense as an explanation.

Something's getting buried, I suspect.
I am not a conspiracy theorist which means I prefer to trust what is significantly probable. Scientists are probably significantly trustworthy, politicians a lot less so.

Many health care workers are not recruited from among the better educated in a population due to poor rates of pay for the lower grades of health care workers, and at the same time health care workers are in short supply.

In times past nurses were a disciplined force like soldiers and there was no question of their non-compliance, perhaps sadly , that is no longer the case.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Belinda wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 9:54 pm
Immanuel Can wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 9:21 pm
Belinda wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 9:14 pm That includes wearing appropriate work clothing, and not spreading disease germs.
What if they know the vaccines have side effects that are not being reported, or that they actuall make the disease worse? Then ought they to knuckle under, contrary to what they know is good?

There's some reason that so many health-care professionals are refusing the vaccine, even at the cost of their jobs. And you can't say it's because they hate science, or want to kill people, or are all religious nut-jobs. That doesn't remotely make sense as an explanation.

Something's getting buried, I suspect.
I am not a conspiracy theorist
Nor am I. But I know that when a bunch of highly-educated health professionals are opting out of something being sold to us as wonderful, something isn't adding up.
Scientists are probably significantly trustworthy, politicians a lot less so.
Agreed. But in this case, it's the insiders, the medics, nurses and virologists who are raising our concern. And it's the politicians who are chirping, "Take the vaccine...don't ask questions."
vegetariantaxidermy

Immanuel Can wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 9:49 pm
Right.
That is right, actually.

So you're scared. I can see that. And you'd rather trust in anything than suspect you're being poisoned. Yes, I get that, too. It's what's called, "Whistling in the dark." It's part of human nature, sadly.
'Scared' of what? I see you are cherry-picking and mis-quoting. How unusual for a religous know-nothing :lol:
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 10:00 pm

Right.
That is right, actually.

'Scared' of what?
You'd like to think there's a quick fix: and you don't want to entertain even the possibility you're being sold a pig in a poke. So you'd prefer to close your eyes and hum, rather than open your eye and ears and risk finding out that all is not well. You want to trust the media and the politicians, even if you suspect you can't, so you can sleep at night.

That's fear.
vegetariantaxidermy

Immanuel Can wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 10:03 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 10:00 pm
That is right, actually.

'Scared' of what?
You'd like to think there's a quick fix: and you don't want to entertain even the possibility you're being sold a pig in a poke. So you'd prefer to close your eyes and hum, rather than open your eye and ears and risk finding out that all is not well. You want to trust the media and the politicians, even if you suspect you can't, so you can sleep at night.

That's fear.
So where do you get YOUR information from then?
I've known doctors who were anti ALL vaccines. The medical profession isn't immune to nutters.

Could you name all these virilogists who are against the vaccine? I assume you mean this guy: https://www.mcgill.ca/oss/article/covid ... en-bossche

You could always try reading an opposing viewpoint (fat chance):

https://www.deplatformdisease.com/blog/ ... hes-claims
Last edited by vegetariantaxidermy on Thu Oct 14, 2021 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.