Healthcare Workers should be Fired

For philosophical reflections on the COVID-19 pandemic. How can philosophy help us to understand it, to combat it and to survive it?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

commonsense

Re: Healthcare Workers should be Fired

Post by commonsense »

What does any of this matter anymore? The unvaccinated will continue to refuse the vaccine because of what they believe. The virus will continue to spread and kill among the unvaccinated. The virus will also mutate as it spreads through the unvaccinated. There will have to be a new formulation of the Covid vaccine every autumn. Comparatively, the vaccinated will be safe. And the process will repeat itself annually.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

commonsense wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 2:52 pm There is nothing more to know than what is available for anyone to know.
Oh, what a comforting thought!

If only it were true.

If only there were no such thing as "fake news."
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

What goes on in hospitals that’s bad(?)

They're friggin' death traps. They try to do it all, end up doin' less than nuthin', and charge you a pretty penny for the privilege.

Doctors can save you: hospitals can damn you.
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

henry quirk wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 4:50 pm What goes on in hospitals that’s bad(?)

They're friggin' death traps. They try to do it all, end up doin' less than nuthin', and charge you a pretty penny for the privilege.

Doctors can save you: hospitals can damn you.
You overlooked the vastly greater amount of time that there are no complications from surgery, no nosocomial infections and no iatrogenic untoward outcomes.

Pretty pennies are not delineated by hospitals.
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

henry quirk wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 1:52 pm Camps in Australia for people who don't get the vaccine?

For the beer-virus exposed. The refusenik canps are in the works.

First I've heard.

Not surprisin' at all.

Going to a struck off old quack is one thing, but I doubt if they have the equipment and expertise do deal with some with severe covid symptoms.

They done right by me so far: I'll stick with what works.

-----

not every medic is qualified in public health measures to control infectious diseases.

This is true: take a gander at what goes on in hospitals as an example.
I was a patient in a large hospital two weeks ago and I was favourably impressed with infection control measures they had in place. Public health authorities have a larger remit than hospitals, and have to do with drainage, water supplies, air quality besides checking up on epidemics and notifiable diseases and so forth
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

commonsense wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 2:57 pm What does any of this matter anymore? The unvaccinated will continue to refuse the vaccine because of what they believe. The virus will continue to spread and kill among the unvaccinated. The virus will also mutate as it spreads through the unvaccinated. There will have to be a new formulation of the Covid vaccine every autumn. Comparatively, the vaccinated will be safe. And the process will repeat itself annually.
It will also spread and mutate through the vaccinated.

When you think about it, we have actually created a perfect environment for a virus; one where it can multiply and mutate freely without those pesky symptoms that incapacitate people. Let's wait and see how taking on nature pans out for us. Political Correctness versus nature. Get your popcorn now...
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

B, Robot Overlord, I tell you what: you wanna do the hospital, be my guest.

As I say: I'll stick with what works.
vegetariantaxidermy

henry quirk wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 11:36 pm B, Robot Overlord, I tell you what: you wanna do the hospital, be my guest.

You could end up being 'right' for all the wrong reasons. You are still fucked though, either way...
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

henry quirk wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 11:36 pm B, Robot Overlord, I tell you what: you wanna do the hospital, be my guest.

Yes, as I was getting at earlier, to each his own. I have always believed that you and I can agree to disagree respectfully.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

commonsense wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:17 am I have always believed that you and I can agree to disagree respectfully.
That's the most sensible thing anybody's said on this forum for a long time. 👍
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 11:46 pm

You could end up being 'right' for all the wrong reasons. You are still fucked though, either way...
We all are: not a one of us won't end up in a hole. It's what a body does on the way to that hole that counts.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Immanuel Can wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:26 am
commonsense wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:17 am I have always believed that you and I can agree to disagree respectfully.
That's the most sensible thing anybody's said on this forum for a long time. 👍
Indeed!

One 🌟 for the the Robot Overlord; one 🌟 for Mannie.
vegetariantaxidermy

henry quirk wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:44 am

We all are: not a one of us won't end up in a hole. It's what a body does on the way to that hole that counts.
Or how quickly they get there. Just don't clog up your emergency department. You wouldn't want to be a hypocrite now, with your 'imaginery illness'.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 1:07 am

Or how quickly they get there. Just don't clog up your emergency department. You wouldn't want to be a hypocrite now, with your 'imaginery illness'.
Wouldn't dream of it. Besides, you mudbloods need them emergency services way more than me.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

henry quirk wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 1:25 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 1:07 am

Wouldn't dream of it. Besides, you mudbloods need them emergency services way more than me.
I've met people who are not vaccinated, and who happily say, "Put me at the back of the line if I have any health issues. It's a risk that's less serious to me than the risk of taking the vaccine."

Hey, why not? If that's how they want it, why shouldn't they be allowed to do as they please? They're adults: they know the risks, and they've made a personal decision about how to weight those. I have no problem with that.