Healthcare Workers should be Fired

For philosophical reflections on the COVID-19 pandemic. How can philosophy help us to understand it, to combat it and to survive it?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

commonsense

Re: Healthcare Workers should be Fired

Post by commonsense »

henry quirk wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 7:56 pm
commonsense wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 7:51 pm
henry quirk wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 2:41 pm I do not think we'd have a problem with sacking a waitress who refused to wash their hands after taking as a shit at work.

How will you know the waitress didn't wash her hands?

You'll only know if customers become ill, an investigation is mounted, and the waitress is shown, by way of her poor hygiene, to be the cause of the illness.

No one stands at the door of the restroom to test her, then issue a clean hands certificate, each time she goes to have a movement or void her bladder or blow her nose or check her makeup or switch out her tampon.

Why don't we do that?
All it takes is one customer who witnesses the waitress leaving the women’s restroom without washing her hands, one customer who assumes the waitress defecated and who reports the waitress to a manager.
❓
You don’t have to wait for customers to become ill or for an investigation to take place. Managers can terminate employment based on innuendo or suspicion.
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

henry quirk wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 8:09 pm
commonsense wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 7:57 pm
henry quirk wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 7:46 pm

It wasn't her survey. She cites two different surveys. Access the link for her piece and see for yourself.
Mea culpa
I'm a little confused as to why you thought the survey(s) were hers. Even in my cut & paste of her piece (sans embedded links) she states right up-front where she's gettin' her information.
Scanned over the articles too quickly.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

commonsense wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 8:13 pm
henry quirk wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 7:56 pm
commonsense wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 7:51 pm

All it takes is one customer who witnesses the waitress leaving the women’s restroom without washing her hands, one customer who assumes the waitress defecated and who reports the waitress to a manager.
❓
You don’t have to wait for customers to become ill or for an investigation to take place. Managers can terminate employment based on innuendo or suspicion.
Sure, and get sued.

But, mebbe, we're strayin' off topic... 🤔
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

commonsense wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 8:15 pm
henry quirk wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 8:09 pm
commonsense wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 7:57 pm

Mea culpa
I'm a little confused as to why you thought the survey(s) were hers. Even in my cut & paste of her piece (sans embedded links) she states right up-front where she's gettin' her information.
Scanned over the articles too quickly.
No worries, then.
henry quirk

jab mandates

Post by henry quirk »

Get the jab or you have no job.

Fuck that noise.

As I say (in an email)...

My natural rights notions have at their core 'a man belongs to himself'. His life, liberty, and property are his. His life, liberty,
and property are only forfeit, in part or whole, when he knowingly, willingly, without just cause, deprives another, in part or whole, of life, liberty, or property.

When I refuse to mask up, or lock down, or accept the jab, this -- I believe -- moral fact (a man belongs to himself) is my rock solid foundation. I am mine. I choose. I don't ask that my fellows, or the State, accept this. I demand they recognize it.

Now, I get that it's easier for me to be bold, as a self-employer, than others who depend on a job and paycheck. My customers, insofar as I'm aware, could not care less if I'm wearing a mask, am sequestered in my home, or have been twice, thrice, four times jabbed.

Even so: I can't help but frown at those who go, hat in hand, and 'ask' for an exemption. The mandated jab, to me, is no different than a mandated vulgarity tattooed across the forehead (to work, to eat, to live, you must accept F*** ME on your head). Any one, of any position, who attempted to mandate such an absurdity would -- I hope -- be laughed right out of that position, or simply ignored.

But in America, home to free men and free women, half the population acquiesces, some gleefully, many out of fear, to a demand that is just as absurd. For the gleeful, I have no words. They're dupes and they're dangerous. For the fearful, I can only say 'these directors of your life only have the power you give them. You feed them. It's time to starve the bastards.'

-----

Seems like starvin' the bastards is a thing now. All manner of business and corp are feelin' the pinch as employees say no to the jab and walk. They're sayin' I may not have a job today but you may be out of business tomorrow.

Good.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

What are you afraid of Henry; that you will become impotent? :lol:

You do realise that all this conspiracy bullshit is being cooked up by American (of course) evangelical fuckwits who want armageddon so they can 'ascend to heaven in the great rapture' don't you?

I wondered why the protests here consist of nearly all males, and practically all of them from cultures with a strong 'macho' influence and behaviour so I looked into it and sure enough, there are garbage videos claiming that the vaccine causes male infertility (shame it doesn't, because a vaccine that sterilises the stupid and gullible would be very handy indeed...).
Last edited by vegetariantaxidermy on Thu Oct 14, 2021 11:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

commonsense wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 12:16 am Anyone who works in a hospital, a clinic, or as an EMT or Paramedic should be fired for refusing to be vaccinated against locally prevalent communicable diseases, including COVID.
Here's a better question: why are so very many of the people who are declining the needle already workers in heathcare? :shock:

What do they know about those medications that the rest of us are not being told? :?
vegetariantaxidermy

Immanuel Can wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:04 pm
commonsense wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 12:16 am Anyone who works in a hospital, a clinic, or as an EMT or Paramedic should be fired for refusing to be vaccinated against locally prevalent communicable diseases, including COVID.
Here's a better question: why are so very many of the people who are declining the needle already workers in heathcare? :shock:

What do they know about those medications that the rest of us are not being told? :?
Because Americans are stupid kunts?
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:49 pm

It has nothing to do with Americans. It's happening all over.
vegetariantaxidermy

Immanuel Can wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:56 pm

That's where all the lies are coming from and where the anti-vax bullshit is strongest.
You're a relgious nut job, so you are conditioned to believe bullshit.
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

Whatever the causes of lack of ordinary professional discipline among health care workers (or any other workers) workers in any ethical industry should do their best work . That includes wearing appropriate work clothing, and not spreading disease germs. If workers don't comply willingly they should receive the ultimatum from the employer to get the damn jab and stop whinging about it.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 9:09 pm

That's where all the lies are coming from and where the anti-vax bullshit is strongest.
From the health care workers, you mean?
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Belinda wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 9:14 pm That includes wearing appropriate work clothing, and not spreading disease germs.
What if they know the vaccines have side effects that are not being reported, or that they actuall make the disease worse? Then ought they to knuckle under, contrary to what they know is good?

There's some reason that so many health-care professionals are refusing the vaccine, even at the cost of their jobs. And you can't say it's because they hate science, or want to kill people, or are all religious nut-jobs. That doesn't remotely make sense as an explanation.

Something's getting buried, I suspect.
vegetariantaxidermy

Immanuel Can wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 9:18 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 9:09 pm
From the health care workers, you mean?
From the US. I'm sure the health sector isn't immune to religious bullshit.
vegetariantaxidermy

Immanuel Can wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 9:21 pm
Belinda wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 9:14 pm That includes wearing appropriate work clothing, and not spreading disease germs.
What if they know the vaccines have side effects that are not being reported, or that they actuall make the disease worse? Then ought they to knuckle under, contrary to what they know is good?

There's some reason that so many health-care professionals are refusing the vaccine, even at the cost of their jobs. And you can't say it's because they hate science, or want to kill people, or are all religious nut-jobs. That doesn't remotely make sense as an explanation.

Something's getting buried, I suspect.
Oooh, right. There MUST be a conspiracy somewhere eh? I mean, paramedics would have to have special insight and access to information the rest of us don't :lol: