To Mask or Not to Mask - which is safer?

For philosophical reflections on the COVID-19 pandemic. How can philosophy help us to understand it, to combat it and to survive it?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

vegetariantaxidermy

Re: To Mask or Not to Mask - which is safer?

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Belinda wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 9:48 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 9:10 am Whose 'grandma' am I supposed to be 'saving' and why would I want to?
If you hold a handkerchief over your face when you sneeze there will be fewer of your viruses and airborne bacteria breathed in and becoming new focuses of infections. Better still would be to release exhalations to fresh mountain air. Then you could spray snot as much as you like.
That's not what I asked.
Belinda

Re: To Mask or Not to Mask - which is safer?

Post by Belinda »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 10:12 am
Belinda wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 9:48 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 9:10 am Whose 'grandma' am I supposed to be 'saving' and why would I want to?
If you hold a handkerchief over your face when you sneeze there will be fewer of your viruses and airborne bacteria breathed in and becoming new focuses of infections. Better still would be to release exhalations to fresh mountain air. Then you could spray snot as much as you like.
That's not what I asked.
It's your choice who you'd save and your rationalisation for what you choose to do.