The NON-TRUTHS of Our Current Covid-19 Policy

For philosophical reflections on the COVID-19 pandemic. How can philosophy help us to understand it, to combat it and to survive it?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

henry quirk

Re: The NON-TRUTHS of Our Current Covid-19 Policy

Post by henry quirk »

mickthinks wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 4:19 pm You say "virtue signaler" as if it were a bad thing. Do you have a problem with virtue, Henry?
Virtue is great: announcin' your virtue is just marketin'.
mickthinks

Post by mickthinks »

Virtue is great
Agreed.

... announcin' your virtue is just marketin'.
I get that, but what part of ...
Sculptor wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 1:34 pm The percetage of people dying from blood clots after being vaccinated is lower than the base line percentage of people in the population dying of bloodclots for all reasons.
There is a tiny concern that those having died of bloodclots (a small number) after having the vaccine are unusual that they are no typical, being female and not old. A link between oral contraception is bing looked into.
But even if there was 100 times more deaths from bloodclots, the balance of risk is still well in favour of taking the vaccine.
... was Sculptor announcing his virtue?

It seems to me the problem is all inside your head, Henry. I think you have a problem with people talking about being good.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

mickthinks wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:58 pm Virtue is great
Agreed.

... announcin' your virtue is just marketin'.
I get that, but what part of ...
Sculptor wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 1:34 pm The percetage of people dying from blood clots after being vaccinated is lower than the base line percentage of people in the population dying of bloodclots for all reasons.
There is a tiny concern that those having died of bloodclots (a small number) after having the vaccine are unusual that they are no typical, being female and not old. A link between oral contraception is bing looked into.
But even if there was 100 times more deaths from bloodclots, the balance of risk is still well in favour of taking the vaccine.
... was Sculptor announcing his virtue?

It seems to me the problem is all inside your head, Henry. I think you have a problem with people talking about being good.
You might be right, especially when it comes to Sculptor...

Simply, I don't like Sculptor, and have given him exquisite grief in the past.

That's why [he] has me in his penalty box.

[Edited by iMod]
Last edited by henry quirk on Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mickthinks

Post by mickthinks »

Ah, it's an episode in a long running series. Fair enough. I don't have a high opinion of Sculptor's thought either.

I don't see the point in winding him up, though. Where's the value in that?
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

mickthinks wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 9:35 pm Ah, it's an episode in a long running series. Fair enough. I don't have a high opinion of Sculptor's thought either.

I don't see the point in winding him up, though. *Where's the value in that?
Value is subjective, idiosyncratic: occasionally dumpin' on Sculptor is worthwhile to me. No one else need get it.

I note you edited my posts, iMod... 👎
mickthinks

Post by mickthinks »

... occasionally dumpin' on Sculptor is worthwhile to me
I asked you why and that isn't an answer. What kind of worth do you get from abusing Sculptor in such offensive terms that wouldn't come from either refuting his opinions or simply ignoring him, like—you know—an adult?

I note you edited my posts, iMod
You think I'm iMod? That's good for me, I guess.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

mickthinks wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 11:05 am ... occasionally dumpin' on Sculptor is worthwhile to me
I asked you why and *that isn't an answer. What kind of worth do you get from abusing Sculptor in such offensive terms that wouldn't come from either refuting his opinions or simply ignoring him, like—you know—an adult?

I note you edited my posts, iMod
**You think I'm iMod? That's good for me, I guess.
*It's all you're gettin'...learn to live with the mystery.

**You're not? Good for me... 👍
mickthinks

Post by mickthinks »

When an arsehole behaves like an arsehole, there is no mystery.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

mickthinks wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 3:45 pm When an arsehole behaves like an arsehole, there is no mystery.
Here ya go...

A 🍪 and 🖕

...sugar & spice.
BeatriceMom

Post by BeatriceMom »

mickthinks wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 3:45 pm When an arsehole behaves like an arsehole, there is no mystery.
It is extremely difficult to understand why people behave like idiots and consider it the norm. Either it is a lack of upbringing, or a lack of intelligence.
Last edited by BeatriceMom on Mon May 17, 2021 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

BeatriceMom wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 3:12 pm
It is extremely difficult to understand why people behave like idiots and consider it the norm. Either it is a lack of upbringing, or a lack of intelligence.
Jeez, but you smarties over-analyze stuff.

We (idiots) act idiotically becuz we're idiots.

End of story.