Scary Virus

For philosophical reflections on the COVID-19 pandemic. How can philosophy help us to understand it, to combat it and to survive it?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

qilyficat

Re: Scary Virus

Post by qilyficat »

Walker wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 8:54 am Image
Please, don't underestimate the seriousness of COVID and its variants: no one knows what'll happen to you, me, and anyone else in this forum tomorrow.
kimonlope

Post by kimonlope »

Age wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:25 am
I thought 'omicron' was just a name given to a virus variant of the corona virus disease -19. I did NOT know 'omicron' is just a dog "in reality".

Maybe I, and "others", should be reading more from "patriotpost.us", for "objective and uncensored truths", "like this one here is".

Talk about a GREAT EXAMPLE of an 'oxymoron'.

Also, we could add another 'caption', 'For Truly objective and uncensored Truth', 'this is how 'patriotpost.us' portrays the media'.

By the way, I hope the irony is not lost in the Fact that 'patriotpost.us' is just ANOTHER 'media outlet', which provides its OWN subjective, censored, and biased LIES. As can be CLEARLY SEEN here and PROVED True.

Since WHEN has a dog been a covid-19 virus variant?

And, let us NOT FORGET 'patriotpost.us' is ALSO 'the media'.

Now, how is 'this' for Truly objective and uncensored, IRREFUTABLE, Truth?
Its not a dog.. it covid-19 varient.....GB Whatsapp Download
In covid-19 I lost my little brother.. :( :( :(
Last edited by kimonlope on Thu Mar 03, 2022 5:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Age »

kimonlope wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 9:46 am
I thought 'omicron' was just a name given to a virus variant of the corona virus disease -19. I did NOT know 'omicron' is just a dog "in reality".

Maybe I, and "others", should be reading more from "patriotpost.us", for "objective and uncensored truths", "like this one here is".

Also, we could add another 'caption', 'For Truly objective and uncensored Truth', 'this is how 'patriotpost.us' portrays the media'.

By the way, I hope the irony is not lost in the Fact that 'patriotpost.us' is just ANOTHER 'media outlet', which provides its OWN subjective, censored, and biased LIES. As can be CLEARLY SEEN here and PROVED True.

Its not a dog.. it covid-19 varient.....
Ah okay.
kimonlope wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 9:46 am In covid-19 I lost my little brother.. :( :( :(
When you say "lost", do you mean what is commonly referred to as 'died'?

If yes, then when you say, "in covid-19", do you mean your brother died 'with' covid-19, or 'from' covid-19?

Or did "your" brother, literally, become 'lost', IN that day and age, which was classed, and known, as, "the covid-19 pandemic times", back in those olden days?

Also, WHY are 'you' informing me, and "others", of this here, in a philosophy forum?
kimonlope

Post by kimonlope »

I thought 'omicron' was just a name given to a virus variant of the corona virus disease -19. I did NOT know 'omicron' is just a dog "in realiGB Whatsapp Downloadty".

promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

"Also, WHY are 'you' informing me, and "others", of this here, in a philosophy forum?"

Because people who have lost friends and family to the shit don't wanna hear people downplay the severity of it.

"If yes, then when you say, "in covid-19", do you mean your brother died 'with' covid-19, or 'from' covid-19?"

No he meant 'in' covid-19, like inside the virus. His brother was shrunk to the size of a nanoparticle and sent into the virus to do research... but never made it back out.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Age wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 5:01 am

Ah okay.
kimonlope wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 9:46 am In covid-19 I lost my little brother.. :( :( :(

If yes, then when you say, "in covid-19", do you mean your brother died 'with' covid-19, or 'from' covid-19?

Or did "your" brother, literally, become 'lost', IN that day and age, which was classed, and known, as, "the covid-19 pandemic times", back in those olden days?

Also, WHY are 'you' informing me, and "others", of this here, in a philosophy forum?
Good grief, Age. Do you need the poor guy to spell it out to you in brail? He lost his little brother, apparently in some connection with COVID (the topic of this thread). What difference does it make to you why he's informing you??? He's probably grieving "back in those times when there was the COVID pandemic." :roll:

Post by Age »

Gary Childress wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 4:55 am
Age wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 5:01 am

Ah okay.

Gary Childress wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 4:55 am Good grief, Age. Do you need the poor guy to spell it out to you in brail?
NO. Just in PRINTED WORDS on a screen will suffice.

This is, after all, a philosophy forum. So, actual Truth is somewhat an IMPORTANT thing here, correct?
Gary Childress wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 4:55 am He lost his little brother, apparently in some connection with COVID (the topic of this thread).
We can ALL SEE this, as this was about EXACTLY what WAS SAID and WRITTEN. So, you are just COPYING and REPEATING what was TOLD, to you.

I asked questions, for Truth, or CLARITY, as some would say.
Gary Childress wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 4:55 am What difference does it make to you why he's informing you???
A GREAT DEAL of the 'covid-19' 'thing' is MISUNDERSTOOD because people are NOT CLEAR about whether someone had dies WITH 'covid-19' or OF 'covid-19'.

Or, do you think or BELIEVE you ALREADY KNOW what the answer to this question here?
Gary Childress wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 4:55 am He's probably grieving "back in those times when there was the COVID pandemic." :roll:
LOL "probably".

I would say, the chance of 'grieving' taking place, back then, could NOT have been ANY closer to 100%.

This is because of what 'you', human beings, had NOT YET UNDERSTOOD FULLY, and because of what 'it' is, that 'you', adult human beings, would 'grieve' for, back then. Which, by the way, appears to ALSO NOT YET BE FULLY UNDERSTOOD, by 'you', adult human beings.

But ALL-OF-THIS DOES CHANGE.
Last edited by Age on Mon Feb 28, 2022 6:04 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post by Age »

promethean75 wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 1:29 am "Also, WHY are 'you' informing me, and "others", of this here, in a philosophy forum?"

Because people who have lost friends and family to the shit don't wanna hear people downplay the severity of it.
Well coming here, in this philosophy forum, was NOT a good choice, correct?

Also, YOUR RESPONSE does NOT actually answer the question I posed.

Are you ABLE to SEE and UNDERSTAND 'this' Fact?
promethean75 wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 1:29 am "If yes, then when you say, "in covid-19", do you mean your brother died 'with' covid-19, or 'from' covid-19?"

No he meant 'in' covid-19, like inside the virus.
STILL NO UNDERSTANDING.

My daughter DIED 'in' 'covid-19'. BUT, she DIED 'of' cancer. Can you spot, and SEE and UNDERSTAND, the DIFFERENCE?
promethean75 wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 1:29 am His brother was shrunk to the size of a nanoparticle and sent into the virus to do research... but never made it back out.
Okay, if you say and believe so.

Oh, and by the way, how do you KNOW "kimonlope" is a "he"?
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

Now these recent hepatitis cases in young people across the world (I think nine in the U.S. spread over twenty-five states) are a rather strange thing.

An adenovirus that only kids are getting? They suspect, but don't know, if that's causing it.

Okay, but why are concurrent cases popping up thousands of miles away from each other... rather than there being larger outbreaks in smaller locations? See what I mean? What are the chances of there all-of-a-sudden being only a handful of kids in several different locations with the same adenovirus?

Can't seem to find an article that would clarify this, either; if these kids have tested positive for an actual hepatitis virus, or if they merely had liver problems associated with the adenovirus, and were said to have a hepatitis-like condition (but not the virus).

Discuss.
Andrew125

Post by Andrew125 »

It still sends me a chill. As I have gone through it.
yo whatsapp
Agent Smith

Post by Agent Smith »

Horror vacuii. Ima suffocatin'!