Who will take the vaccine?

For philosophical reflections on the COVID-19 pandemic. How can philosophy help us to understand it, to combat it and to survive it?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

vegetariantaxidermy

Re: Who will take the vaccine?

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

henry quirk wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 2:18 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 2:02 am
henry quirk wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 1:17 am

only real problem we have are the motherless fucks who look to put brands on our keisters...everything else is local
Well you could get your dearest wish one day; a country (or planet) all to yourself. There always has to be a last one of anything. Just you, alone with your gun, as free as a bird....
quit flirtin', veg...you know solitude talk gets me hot
I like solitude too for the most part, and I think that most humans are kunts, but I am aware of what does and doesn't work in human societies.
vegetariantaxidermy

Walker

Post by Walker »

Oooo. Green suckers. They should give green lollipops after the first shot only, you know, for incentive to return for the second shot, after which folks can get a life lesson of no lollipop the second time around. Cost savings.

How to call the herd in for injections the third and fourth times? (No announcements yet on this future critical need.)

Listen to me with the herd talk. If the clan pins me down and forces that cold needle into my veins I may end up a big moo.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 6:25 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 2:02 am

Well you could get your dearest wish one day; a country (or planet) all to yourself. There always has to be a last one of anything. Just you, alone with your gun, as free as a bird....
I like solitude too for the most part, and I think that most humans are kunts, but I am aware of what does and doesn't work in human societies.
I think I have a handle on what works too: freedom, self-efficacy, autonomy, self-responsibility
vegetariantaxidermy

henry quirk wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 7:46 pm

I think I have a handle on what works too: freedom, self-efficacy, autonomy, self-responsibility
Same old. Buzzwords that are meaningless without context or explanation. I notice you carefully ignore my comments that point this out and expose your 'argument' for the vacuum that it is...

Repeating the same thing over and over doesn't make it any more true.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 8:21 pm

Same old. Buzzwords that are meaningless without context or explanation. I notice you carefully ignore my comments that point this out and expose your 'argument' for the vacuum that it is...

jeez...

the context is obvious: what does and doesn't work in human societies

the explanation is obvious: I'm counterin' you on the subject of what does and doesn't work in human societies

the definitions of my buzzwords are easily had with a net search, though -- as a literate woman -- you ought to know them by now

your comments: empty -- I like solitude too for the most part, and I think that most humans are kunts, but I am aware of what does and doesn't work in human societies. -- but I addressed 'em anyway

same old indeed
vegetariantaxidermy

henry quirk wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 8:47 pm

jeez...

the explanation is obvious: I'm counterin' you on the subject of what does and doesn't work in human societies

the definitions of my buzzwords are easily had with a net search, though -- as a literate woman -- you ought to know them by now

your comments: empty -- I like solitude too for the most part, and I think that most humans are kunts, but I am aware of what does and doesn't work in human societies. -- but I addressed 'em anyway

same old indeed
I've given you plenty of replies that are full of detail as to why your bullshit is unworkable, but you always choose to ignore them. You are just being a kunt.
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

HQ, asides from the current going’s on between you and V, I wanted to ask you something and I really just want you to school me on this matter.

Am I right that you wouldn’t want anyone to mess with you, your life or your possessions?

If that is right, how does that fit together with other people who want you to leave them alone?

There’s no hidden agenda or sarcasm in this post.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:58 pm

jeez...

same old indeed
I've given you plenty of replies that are full of detail as to why your bullshit is unworkable, but you always choose to ignore them. You are just being a kunt.
no, you haven't, and I'll prove it: my moral realism is simple, I've stated it, explained it, many, many times...can you tell me what it is? my simple political ideas and notions about government extend directly out of my moral realism...can you tell me what they are?

should be a damned simple task for someone like yourself who has given me plenty of replies that are full of detail as to why my bullshit is unworkable...and you don't even have to tell me why my bullshit is unworkable: just tell me what my bullshit actually is

as for me bein' a kunt: takes one to know one...
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

commonsense wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 11:47 pm HQ, asides from the current going’s on between you and V, I wanted to ask you something and I really just want you to school me on this matter.

Am I right that you wouldn’t want anyone to mess with you, your life or your possessions?

If that is right, how does that fit together with other people who want you to leave them alone?

check your private message box
vegetariantaxidermy

henry quirk wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 1:29 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:58 pm

jeez...

same old indeed
no, you haven't, and I'll prove it: my moral realism is simple, I've stated it, explained it, many, many times...can you tell me what it is? my simple political ideas and notions about government extend directly out of my moral realism...can you tell me what they are?

should be a damned simple task for someone like yourself who has given me plenty of replies that are full of detail as to why my bullshit is unworkable...and you don't even have to tell me why my bullshit is unworkable: just tell me what my bullshit actually is

as for me bein' a kunt: takes one to know one...
It might 'work' in your head, but not in reality. Humans have never been solitary islands--far more in common with ants than your 'lone wolf'.

ps If you've ever explained your position and how it would work in a practical sense then I must have missed it...
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

It might 'work' in your head, but not in reality. Humans have never been solitary islands--far more in common with ants than your 'lone wolf'.

again: I don't think you know what my philosophy or politics are

ps If you've ever explained your position and how it would work in a practical sense then I must have missed it...

I have, and if you missed it, how the hell can you assess, and dismiss, it?

anyway: I set you a challenge...I was hopin' you'd actually come across with an answer...it might have made for a nice debate...but, you didn't...instead, you just doubled down on not known' diddly
vegetariantaxidermy

henry quirk wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 1:50 am
commonsense wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 11:47 pm HQ, asides from the current going’s on between you and V, I wanted to ask you something and I really just want you to school me on this matter.

This would explain why I've never seen your posts that explain in detail exactly how your vision of Utopia would work--you must have written them in pms...
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 7:29 pm
henry quirk wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 1:50 am

This would explain why I've never seen your posts that explain in detail exactly how your vision of Utopia would work--you must have written them in pms...
nope
vegetariantaxidermy

:lol: