Who will take the vaccine?

For philosophical reflections on the COVID-19 pandemic. How can philosophy help us to understand it, to combat it and to survive it?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Walker

Re: Who will take the vaccine?

Post by Walker »

In the US, the right to body privacy has been set into law on the basis of constitutional interpretation.

With that as precedent, vaccination cannot be legally mandated. Mandatory vaccination violates the autonomy of body privacy, and those who are vaccinated are immune to the virus that has a 99% survivability rate give or take. After all, immunity against such a horrendous threat to life is the purpose for being vaccinated, isn’t it?

Wasn't that the purpose of crippling the economy and destroying lives, and damaging childhood development?

However, contrary to privacy as a consideration of law interpretation, privacy is now an anachronism. Big tech saw to that, and everyone checked the box that says, “I agree.”

Since privacy is an anachronism, is legal justification based on privacy nothing more than a legal contradiction? A delusion?

All the king’s problems
And all the king’s cures
Couldn’t match the horsepower
Ridden by the king’s jurors.
Jury Duty cannot demand vaccination proof, lest it demand to dictate your views, violate physical privacy, and thus be as unconstitutional as other laws made by the privacy of body, would be.

Even so, there are consequences. The social credit score will surely drop some digits if you don’t submit and many defamatory arrows are now in the quiver of group mind if you don’t submit, words and thoughts that have material effects, courtesy of blurring or changing distinctions in the language, and thus thought.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Walker wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 6:31 pm In the US, the right to body privacy has been set into law on the basis of constitutional interpretation.

With that as precedent, vaccination cannot be legally mandated. Mandatory vaccination violates the autonomy of body privacy, and those who are vaccinated are immune to the virus that has a 99% survivability rate give or take. After all, immunity against such a horrendous threat to life is the purpose for being vaccinated, isn’t it?

Wasn't that the purpose of crippling the economy and destroying lives, and damaging childhood development?

However, contrary to privacy as a consideration of law interpretation, privacy is now an anachronism. Big tech saw to that, and everyone checked the box that says, “I agree.”

Since privacy is an anachronism, is legal justification based on privacy nothing more than a legal contradiction? A delusion?

All the king’s problems
And all the king’s cures
Couldn’t match the horsepower
Ridden by the king’s jurors.
Jury Duty cannot demand vaccination proof, lest it demand to dictate your views, violate physical privacy, and thus be as unconstitutional as other laws made by the privacy of body, would be.

Even so, there are consequences. The social credit score will surely drop some digits if you don’t submit and many defamatory arrows are now in the quiver of group mind if you don’t submit, words and thoughts that have material effects, courtesy of blurring or changing distinctions in the language, and thus thought.
we're in the time, I think, of the 4th box: the first three are exhausted, moot
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

How many of the group minded will have to be killed in order to save the economy? Will there be enough bullets in the ammo box to reach this goal?
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

commonsense wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 9:47 pm How many of the group minded will have to be killed in order to save the economy? Will there be enough bullets in the ammo box to reach this goal?
not about savin' the economy, bub, or savin' the republic (cuz that's been dead for years), and it sure ain't about winnin' my ORANGE employee another four...as I say elsewhere: there can be no compromise, no accommodation, between the free man and the slaver...what's comin' is all about that

it's the 4th box or it's just plain over
Walker

Post by Walker »

When it involves family it immediately becomes a situation of being wrong when you’re doing right, right according to rational analysis and principles involving individual freedom, so the viable ahimsic alternative to vaccination under such conditions among adults is to clam up, hermit up, and later rejoin the herd when it’s immune, after some of the weddings and funerals have come and gone, some of them in foreign lands. Should only take a couple of years and for some, years pass fast.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Walker wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 2:49 am When it involves family it immediately becomes a situation of being wrong when you’re doing right, right according to rational analysis and principles involving individual freedom, so the viable ahimsic alternative to vaccination under such conditions among adults is to clam up, hermit up, and later rejoin the herd when it’s immune, after some of the weddings and funerals have come and gone, some of them in foreign lands. Should only take a couple of years and for some, years pass fast.
my friend, I ain't runnin', I ain't hidin', I ain't shuttin' up or shuttin' down

I've done no wrong and I won't skulk in the shadows

I will not mask up, lock down, or be injected

I'm a free man
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

henry quirk wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 4:43 am
Walker wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 2:49 am When it involves family it immediately becomes a situation of being wrong when you’re doing right, right according to rational analysis and principles involving individual freedom, so the viable ahimsic alternative to vaccination under such conditions among adults is to clam up, hermit up, and later rejoin the herd when it’s immune, after some of the weddings and funerals have come and gone, some of them in foreign lands. Should only take a couple of years and for some, years pass fast.
my friend, I ain't runnin', I ain't hidin', I ain't shuttin' up or shuttin' down

I'm a free man

Btw, YOUR vision for humanity means extinction. You might not give a shit but plenty do. Enough perhaps to make a better world? Or we could just do what we always do, and have a war.
Walker

Post by Walker »

henry quirk wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 4:43 am

I'm a free man
My son is a free man.

During Christmas he wanted to see his sister, his nieces and nephews.

His sister said he had to get tested for the virus before he could visit.

He did. To repeat, he is a free man … with the responsibilities of freedom.
She did not require that he show proof of the test.
She trusts his word.

If for some reason he could not have gotten a test, he would not have visited them, and he would not have skulked in the shadows.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

veg,

extinction from what? beer virus?

walker,

surely you see the difference between a sister's request and a gov mandate, yeah?
Walker

Post by Walker »

henry quirk wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 4:53 pm veg,

walker,

surely you see the difference between a sister's request and a gov mandate, yeah?
Of course. I was wondering if you do, based on how I read your response up there on the page.
vegetariantaxidermy

Possibly, but that's not the only problem WE have...
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Walker wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 5:54 pm

walker,

Of course. I was wondering if you do, based on how I read your response up there on the page.
yeah, I read your initial post again...several times...slooowly (cuz I'm old & dense)...and -- yeah -- my respondin' post really wasn't in keepin'

I'm just on a real anti-gov tear these days...even more so than usual
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 6:32 pm

only real problem we have are the motherless fucks who look to put brands on our keisters...everything else is local
vegetariantaxidermy

henry quirk wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 1:17 am

only real problem we have are the motherless fucks who look to put brands on our keisters...everything else is local
Well you could get your dearest wish one day; a country (or planet) all to yourself. There always has to be a last one of anything. Just you, alone with your gun, as free as a bird....
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 2:02 am
henry quirk wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 1:17 am

Well you could get your dearest wish one day; a country (or planet) all to yourself. There always has to be a last one of anything. Just you, alone with your gun, as free as a bird....
quit flirtin', veg...you know solitude talk gets me hot