Trump - a puzzling enigma

For philosophical reflections on the COVID-19 pandemic. How can philosophy help us to understand it, to combat it and to survive it?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

attofishpi

Re: Trump - a puzzling enigma

Post by attofishpi »

commonsense wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:22 pm
Belinda wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:07 pm
attofishpi wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:36 am Trump is so fat, that when his mate, paedophile Jeffery Epstein attempted to get footage of him in his honeytrap, he couldn't - Trumps arse blocked ALL the cameras.
Not fair! You should stick to criticising his political disabilities that he can do something about.
I agree that Atto should focus on policy, and attitude as well. Perhaps even a faux pas or two.

FYI—there are things that can be done about obesity.
I apologise and am so frightfully embarrassed. :oops:

I've just got one more thing to get off my chest..and clearly it's not Trump, because Trump is so fat, I'd be dead.

In fact, Trump is so fat that his whereabouts on the planet must be reported to Houston prior to a rockets trajectory being calculated.

Ok, I'm done, you may continue..
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

Commonsense wrote:
Mr Trump cannot help being fat any more than any other obese person who cannot afford a proper diet. Probably he cannot help making a few little mistakes when he says or does things.
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

Belinda wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:53 am Commonsense wrote:
Mr Trump cannot help being fat any more than any other obese person who cannot afford a proper diet. Probably he cannot help making a few little mistakes when he says or does things.
He can afford a proper diet.
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

commonsense wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:29 pm
Belinda wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:53 am Commonsense wrote:
He can afford a proper diet.
Oh well. Poor man is really struggling.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

henry quirk wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:02 am I agree that Atto should focus on policy

let's go there...

as I've said a few times: bein' a eleutheromaniac, I have a keener sense than most when freedom is gettin' the short shrift

anyone care to name anything ORANGE MAN has done in the past four years as prez that's eroded individual freedom?
anyone?

B?

commonsense?

atto?

anyone?

-----

bonus question: if houseplant/whore get installed, what will that dynamic duo do to preserve and further individual freedom?
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Sick of hearing about how 'fat' Trump is.

Now this is an ugly fat %$nt of a politican. The guy next to him isn't exactly skinny but the other guy is still twice as wide.

brownlee.jpg
brownlee.jpg (35.82 KiB) Viewed 3958 times
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:32 pm Sick of hearing about how 'fat' Trump is.

Now this is an ugly fat %$nt of a politican. The guy next to him isn't exactly skinny but the other guy is still twice as wide.

brownlee.jpg
Speak gently please of Donald Trump , forgive his stupid lies.

He only tried to get the votes that float his ample size.

And when deflation comes when they have vented the hot air

We can all be kind and say with him "It really was not fair!"
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

henry quirk wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:16 pm
henry quirk wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:02 am I agree that Atto should focus on policy

let's go there...

as I've said a few times: bein' a eleutheromaniac, I have a keener sense than most when freedom is gettin' the short shrift

anyone care to name anything ORANGE MAN has done in the past four years as prez that's eroded individual freedom?
anyone?

B?

commonsense?

atto?

anyone?

-----

bonus question: if houseplant/whore get installed, what will that dynamic duo do to preserve and further individual freedom?
With individual freedom as your true north, the former is clearly in your corner and the latter clearly are not. If you ever thought I denied this, you need to think again.

But we’re different.

I don’t place as much value on individual freedom as you. I don’t place as much trust in my fellow humans as you. I am not as excited by the wild, wild west and American frontier as you could be.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

commonsense wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:41 pm

let's go there...

anyone?

B?

commonsense?

atto?

anyone?

-----

With individual freedom as your true north, the former is clearly in your corner and the latter clearly are not. If you ever thought I denied this, you need to think again.

But we’re different.

I don’t place as much value on individual freedom as you. I don’t place as much trust in my fellow humans as you. I am not as excited by the wild, wild west and American frontier as you could be.
'Freedom' is a subtle concept. Too much and you have, as you say, the 'wild west', where only the very strong and ruthless survive. Not good for women, children, the old, the weak, anyone who gets sick or injured.... Not exactly 'freedom' when you are at the mercy of anyone who is stronger than you are. Too little and you have oppressive tyrannies. Many countries have managed to find just the right balance--hence the fact that they get inundated with people wanting to live there. But that freedeom can also be whittled away bit by bit--a law change here, 'hate speech' legislation there, and before you know it everyone is walking on eggshells out of fear.
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:57 pm
commonsense wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:41 pm

anyone?

B?

commonsense?

atto?

anyone?

-----

But we’re different.

'Freedom' is a subtle concept. Too much and you have, as you say, the 'wild west', where only the very strong and ruthless survive. Not good for women, children, the old, the weak, anyone who gets sick or injured.... Not exactly 'freedom' when you are at the mercy of anyone who is stronger than you are. Too little and you have oppressive tyrannies. Many countries have managed to find just the right balance--hence the fact that they get inundated with people wanting to live there. But that freedeom can also be whittled away bit by bit--a law change here, 'hate speech' legislation there, and before you know it everyone is walking on eggshells out of fear.
Well said, V. Thanks.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

But we’re different.

if freedom -- your autonomy, your ownness -- is not first & foremost, what is?
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Freedom' is a subtle concept. Too much and you have, as you say, the 'wild west', where only the very strong and ruthless survive. Not good for women, children, the old, the weak, anyone who gets sick or injured.... Not exactly 'freedom' when you are at the mercy of anyone who is stronger than you are. Too little and you have oppressive tyrannies. Many countries have managed to find just the right balance--hence the fact that they get inundated with people wanting to live there. But that freedeom can also be whittled away bit by bit--a law change here, 'hate speech' legislation there, and before you know it everyone is walking on eggshells out of fear.

not really

freedom is self-direction & self-responsibility (there can never be too much or too little of it)

one self-directs or one doesn't; one is self-responsible or one isn't

self-directing & -responsible folks require no governors (though they may, from time to time, employ ORANGE wrecking balls)
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

henry quirk wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:32 am With individual freedom as your true north, the former is clearly in your corner and the latter clearly are not. If you ever thought I denied this, you need to think again.

But we’re different.

Repentance
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

commonsense wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:48 am
henry quirk wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:32 am With individual freedom as your true north, the former is clearly in your corner and the latter clearly are not. If you ever thought I denied this, you need to think again.

But we’re different.

Repentance
cryptic, perhaps personal: I won't pry
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

let's go there...

How free are dead people ? or people suffering on ventilators in overcrowded hospitals ?

BECAUSE--->
1. Trump lied at the outset about how serious this pandemic is, Y - to KEEP IN with his supporter base.

2. Trump still refuses to deflate his ego enough to actually care about the state of the US nation in the middle of a pandemic and allow someone with ACTUAL leadership qualities attempt to tame a horse that TRUMP allowed to bolt - a fucking virus.

Inmates loading corona virus bodies into refrigerated trucks (LAND OF THE FREE!!!!!)
Attachments
R dead people FREE.jpg
R dead people FREE.jpg (33.13 KiB) Viewed 3901 times