Trump - a puzzling enigma

For philosophical reflections on the COVID-19 pandemic. How can philosophy help us to understand it, to combat it and to survive it?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

henry quirk

Re: Trump - a puzzling enigma

Post by henry quirk »

Lacewing wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:31 am
henry quirk wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 12:56 am I don't care, lace.
Then stop asking me questions.
why?
Nick_A

Post by Nick_A »

Lacewing wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 12:44 am
Nick_A wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:05 pm Commonsense and lacewing

Christianity as opposed to Christendom doesn't have a personal God. We are concerned with the Son.

Fear of God for me is losing my my vertical awareness of the God/Man connection and sink back into arguing the dualistic concerns of the world.
I don't care, Nick. You distort things to serve yourself continually, so you have very little credibility about anything anymore. Like Henry, whatever clarity of discernment you may have possessed for moments in the past, it has been dissolved away by your current intoxication -- and you are not able to stop feeding from it long enough to see anything beyond it. So, drink up! You are free to be a blind follower and saturate yourself with poison.
For those who value liberty, You do not know the ideals which which make it possible. I'll use the classic nuclear family as such an ideal. Secularism considers it a threat to its progressive agenda and its goal of statist slavery. I consider it essential to sustain freedom.

The point is that you are so obsessed with your worldview you cannot impartially see both sides of the issue which leads to distortion. Yet you accuse me of distorting things.
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

henry quirk wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:42 am
Lacewing wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:31 am
henry quirk wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 12:56 am I don't care, lace.
Then stop asking me questions.
why?
:lol:
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Lacewing wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 12:21 am
Dontaskme wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:46 pm I like the way he allows people enough rope to hang themselves with... :wink:
Do you also like the way you make up crazy ass shit to believe your story? :wink:
Being the author of my own story ..I’m the one who has to live with it. I take full responsibility for the shit that comes outta my mouth, in fact the diatribe can often get so crazy, that sometimes my arse gets really jealous... :wink:
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Nick_A wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:05 pm

Christianity as opposed to Christendom doesn't have a personal God. We are concerned with the Son.

Fear of God for me is losing my my vertical awareness of the God/Man connection and sink back into arguing the dualistic concerns of the world.
Nicely put.

But wasted on those who don’t get it.

We can only keep hoping that one day we’ll all get it.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Dontaskme wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:15 am
Nicely put.

Yes, it was wasted on me; I didn't get it.
I don't mind you getting it, but I definitely don't want it.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Harbal wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:20 am
Nicely put.

Yes, it was wasted on me; I didn't get it.
I don't mind you getting it, but I definitely don't want it.
Wether you want it or not is not your choice anyway.

You get it when you realise there is no you to get it, and that any apparent getting it ..is not getting it.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Dontaskme wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:44 am
Wether you want it or not is not your choice anyway.
That doesn't stop me from having a preference, though.
Dontaskme wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:44 am You get it when you realise there is no you to get it, and that any apparent getting it ..is not getting it.
I hadn't thought of it like that.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Harbal wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:49 am
That's when preferences come in handy. :D
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Dontaskme wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:32 am
:)
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Harbal wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:39 am
Dontaskme wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:32 am
:)
Nice to have you back Harbal. Hope you stick around awhile. :D
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Dontaskme wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:15 am
I remember a time when you probably wouldn't have said that; I'm glad that times have changed.

Thank you. :)
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Harbal wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:21 am
Dontaskme wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:15 am
I remember a time when you probably wouldn't have said that; I'm glad that times have changed.

Thank you. :)
Prefrences come and go, like chasing the wind. You're welcome. :D
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

Dontaskme wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 7:59 am
Lacewing wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 12:21 am
Dontaskme wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:46 pm I like the way he allows people enough rope to hang themselves with... :wink:
Do you also like the way you make up crazy ass shit to believe your story? :wink:
Being the author of my own story ..I’m the one who has to live with it. I take full responsibility for the shit that comes outta my mouth, in fact the diatribe can often get so crazy, that sometimes my arse gets really jealous... :wink:
DAM that is all very well and in the metaphysical discourse I agree with your thesis. However doesn't a man have to appreciate and enjoy his own ego self before he can do any good? I mean, a man has to want good to happen.For example, is it not DAM's own ego self that writes to this forum?

For sure it is not a world-Belinda that writes to this forum it's an egoself -Belinda.I take it dontaskme that taps a keyboard is a egoself that with egoself needs and desires.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Belinda:
DAM that is all very well and in the metaphysical discourse I agree with your thesis. However doesn't a man have to appreciate and enjoy his own ego self before he can do any good? I mean, a man has to want good to happen.For example, is it not DAM's own ego self that writes to this forum?
Good only happens in the story as it is written by no one aka (this mysterious ghostwriter, pen in hand). All story telling is just a perception objectified, the object aka (story teller) in and of itself that appears to exist independently of it being perceived cannot by definition ever be perceived in its imagined totality. For that which is perceived cannot perceive, there is only HERE perception of I, aka an imagined thing, and this things whole existence is sourced in its own imagination and belief.
There is no person writing on this forum, there's just the perception of the action of a person writing on this forum, aka a temporal appearance upon the ever eternal now screen of awareness.
Egos selves are just the story characters within the dream of separation in this illusory space time duality...aka a dream story within the whole book of life that can never be separated from it's content, aka stories.

And to get back on topic, yes its all a very a puzzling enigma this human story, all made up from imagination what ever that is.

That which is never ceases to be. That which is not never comes into existence.

We have to accept our beliefs and know what they are in reality, namely just gobshite. We are nothing without our story, and we all love or hate a good story.