Trump - a puzzling enigma

For philosophical reflections on the COVID-19 pandemic. How can philosophy help us to understand it, to combat it and to survive it?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

vegetariantaxidermy

Re: Trump - a puzzling enigma

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

attofishpi wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:23 am
henry quirk wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:02 am I agree that Atto should focus on policy

let's go there...

as I've said a few times: bein' a eleutheromaniac, I have a keener sense than most when freedom is gettin' the short shrift

anyone care to name anything ORANGE MAN has done in the past four years as prez that's eroded individual freedom?
How free are dead people ? or people suffering on ventilators in overcrowded hospitals ?

BECAUSE--->
1. Trump lied at the outset about how serious this pandemic is, Y - to KEEP IN with his supporter base.

2. Trump still refuses to deflate his ego enough to actually care about the state of the US nation in the middle of a pandemic and allow someone with ACTUAL leadership qualities attempt to tame a horse that TRUMP allowed to bolt - a fucking virus.

Inmates loading corona virus bodies into refrigerated trucks (LAND OF THE FREE!!!!!)
See if Biden does any better...
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

henry quirk wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:02 am I agree that Atto should focus on policy

let's go there...

as I've said a few times: bein' a eleutheromaniac, I have a keener sense than most when freedom is gettin' the short shrift

anyone care to name anything ORANGE MAN has done in the past four years as prez that's eroded individual freedom?
How free are dead people ?
Death is the ultimate freedom.

https://www.facebook.com/clay.patience/ ... 2627059757
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Sculptor wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:19 pm

let's go there...

How free are dead people ?
Death is the ultimate freedom.

https://www.facebook.com/clay.patience/ ... 2627059757
Y don't U state something rather than expecting people to do facewank stuff? Oh...in death there is freedom!
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:00 pm

let's go there...

How free are dead people ? or people suffering on ventilators in overcrowded hospitals ?

BECAUSE--->
1. Trump lied at the outset about how serious this pandemic is, Y - to KEEP IN with his supporter base.

2. Trump still refuses to deflate his ego enough to actually care about the state of the US nation in the middle of a pandemic and allow someone with ACTUAL leadership qualities attempt to tame a horse that TRUMP allowed to bolt - a fucking virus.

Inmates loading corona virus bodies into refrigerated trucks (LAND OF THE FREE!!!!!)
It's a bit late for that isn't it!!?
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

ask cuomo, deblasio, whitmer

as I recall: ORANGE MAN merely parroted what the great and powerful fauci said

irrelevant anyway: ORANGE MAN's lies were there on the table to be taken seriously or ignored...he never mandated diddly for any citizen, unlike cuomo and debalsio and whitmer and others who, by way of exec orders, killed a whole whack of old folks, wrecked livelihoods, and turned large segments of state populations into scaredy cats

no, ORANGE MAN, when it comes to beer virus, did nuthin' to blunt individual liberty

even if ORANGE MAN were inclined to throw his weight around (see what I did there?), he can't override governors...he can offer assists (as he did, for example, in NY) but if state and municipal govs tell him to get bent (as several did) he can't do squat

smokin' joe, on the campaign trail, boasted how'd he have a national masking mandate...he was schooled quick on that, told sorry, joe, but you got no authority, as prez, to do such a thing...now, he sez he'll meet with governors and mayors to persuade them to implement or continue masking orders as well as implement a new 6 week national lockdown...joe and the dems now have to admit ORANGE MAN couldn't do any of these large, national strategies cuz they, by way of smokin' joe, can't do those large, national strategies

Inmates loading corona virus bodies into refrigerated trucks

yep: cuomo, deblasio, whitmer, etc. have a lot to answer for

(LAND OF THE FREE!!!!!)

yes, it is, and ORANGE MAN has largely done things to keep it that way, unlike the houseplant/whore who, in their individual careers, have largely done things to blunt freedom

-----

who else? anyone want to tell the world what ORANGE MAN, as prez, has done, or is doin', to blunt individual freedom?

anyone want to lay out the specifics of his tyranny?
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:00 pm

let's go there...

BECAUSE--->

Yes, that’s the idea. Let’s see what Biden can do.
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

Sculptor wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:19 pm Death is the ultimate freedom.
Yes, but not the kind of freedom that can result from policy. Not the kind of freedom being discussed.
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

henry quirk wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:52 pm How free are dead people ? or people suffering on ventilators in overcrowded hospitals ?

irrelevant anyway: ORANGE MAN's lies were there on the table to be taken seriously or ignored...he never mandated diddly for any citizen, unlike cuomo and debalsio and whitmer and others who, by way of exec orders, killed a whole whack of old folks, wrecked livelihoods, and turned large segments of state populations into scaredy cats

no, ORANGE MAN, when it comes to beer virus, did nuthin' to blunt individual liberty

even if ORANGE MAN were inclined to throw his weight around (see what I did there?), he can't override governors...he can offer assists (as he did, for example, in NY) but if state and municipal govs tell him to get bent (as several did) he can't do squat

smokin' joe, on the campaign trail, boasted how'd he have a national masking mandate...he was schooled quick on that, told sorry, joe, but you got no authority, as prez, to do such a thing...now, he sez he'll meet with governors and mayors to persuade them to implement or continue masking orders as well as implement a new 6 week national lockdown...joe and the dems now have to admit ORANGE MAN couldn't do any of these large, national strategies cuz they, by way of smokin' joe, can't do those large, national strategies

(LAND OF THE FREE!!!!!)

yes, it is, and ORANGE MAN has largely done things to keep it that way, unlike the houseplant/whore who, in their individual careers, have largely done things to blunt freedom

-----

who else? anyone want to tell the world what ORANGE MAN, as prez, has done, or is doin', to blunt individual freedom?

So you heap some blame on governors, Fauci and Biden. How does this exonerate Plump?
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

commonsense wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:06 pm
henry quirk wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:52 pm How free are dead people ? or people suffering on ventilators in overcrowded hospitals ?

(LAND OF THE FREE!!!!!)

-----

So you heap some blame on governors, Fauci and Biden. How does this exonerate Plump?
governors issued exec orders, are still issuin' exec orders, that wreck livelihoods and hobble the lives of free people

fauci admitted he misled folks about masks

ORANGE MAN, within the context of the job, did what he could, and avoided doin' that which is unconstitutional

however: the floor is still open for any specific charges you want to levy
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

henry quirk wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:17 pm

(LAND OF THE FREE!!!!!)

-----

governors issued exec orders, are still issuin' exec orders, that wreck livelihoods and hobble the lives of free people

ORANGE MAN, within the context of the job, did what he could, and avoided doin' that which is unconstitutional

You have not yet dismissed the charge at hand. So what if others committed greater offenses? So what if Crump did all he could? Atto’s example stands.

You have to show that what was stated about Slump and the pandemic is unequivocally false. What others did is another story.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

commonsense wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:24 pm
henry quirk wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:17 pm

You have not yet dismissed the charge at hand. So what if others committed greater offenses? So what if Crump did all he could? Atto’s example stands.

You have to show that what was stated about Slump and the pandemic is unequivocally false. What others did is another story.
no, atto's examples fall...

ORANGE MAN isn't the scientist...fauci & birx & the CDC & the WHO issued a lot of contradictory info includin' downplayin' beer virus at the start...when his advisors are all over the place, ORANGE MAN had to work with what he had

the thing about panderin' to the base: just opinion (unless you or atto can document it)

ORANGE MAN has done, is doin', everytthing he's constitutionally allowed to do

what do you think the houseplant can do that ORANGE MAN hasn't?

in any event: this is all, again, irrelevent

I asked specifically what ORANGE MAN, as prez, has done to erode individual liberty and you folks ain't ponied up shit yet

but, as I say, the floor is open
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

Henry, poor old Donald Trump who would not listen to scientists. Why blame him? He was a product of his culture that prefers not to hear scientists.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

commonsense wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:01 pm
Yes, but not the kind of freedom that can result from policy. Not the kind of freedom being discussed.
I think not. US offers the freedom to get shot. The freedom to die of COVID.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Belinda wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:06 pm Henry, poor old Donald Trump who would not listen to scientists. Why blame him? He was a product of his culture that prefers not to hear scientists.
do you have anything to offer as answer to my question?
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

Sculptor wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:10 pm
commonsense wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:01 pm
I think not. US offers the freedom to get shot. The freedom to die of COVID.
True. I hadn’t thought of it that way.