Trump - a puzzling enigma

For philosophical reflections on the COVID-19 pandemic. How can philosophy help us to understand it, to combat it and to survive it?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

commonsense

Re: Trump - a puzzling enigma

Post by commonsense »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:44 am
Sculptor wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:30 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:27 am

Being surrouned by wokie morons has turned your brain to mush.
Then why don't you fucc off wokie moron!
You fuccc orff.
Cut it out—both of you.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Sculptor wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 3:11 pm
Gary Childress wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 1:07 pm
Sculptor wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:24 am

HAHA.
Did you see the video?
I watched the whole few minutes of its length.
And from that you conclude that Trump is intelligent? Did you not understand what was going on?
Well, I was trying to put the best face on it I could (even though I have no intention of voting for him) but I think you and Lacewing are probably right. It's very difficult to look at the video and think he is anything other than a complete fool.
Atla

Post by Atla »

commonsense wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 5:00 pm
Atla wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:51 am See, none of you gets 'him'. Trump is a fairly intelligent clinical NPD. There are two main forms of narcissism (unfortunately we use the same word for them), but 95%+ of people are only familiar with the garden variety narcissist as they are everywhere and can be more or less understood using normal human psychology. Clinical NPDs don't even remotely have normal human psychology, this one is probably a severe developmental issue / defense mechanism stemming from early childhood. Actually Trump is so much of a textbook case that he was used in some textbooks as the best example.
This makes sense. And his limited vocabulary suggests a comorbid organic cognitive deficit, I think. Or perhaps he never learned how to speak intellectually.
Well he seems to be fairly intelligent to me (I'd say 125-140 range), but he never really had to learn to speak intellectually, or even behave normally, because it's America and he became successful in business without such things as well. Why the hell would an NPD spend even a second on developing unnecessary skills. He even became POTUS without them.

Plus he seems to be getting a bit senile, and was born as a somewhat superficial and splitminded being as well, with superfast thinking, like many people born in early June in the Northern hemisphere's temperate climates (but of course everyone will dismiss this last claim of mine as nonsense). Add to that the influence from his sociopathic father (which may have shaped him into an NPD in the first place), such unavoidable abuse can have certain "dumbing down" effects.
Last edited by Atla on Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

Atla wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:28 pm
commonsense wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 5:00 pm
Atla wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:51 am See, none of you gets 'him'. Trump is a fairly intelligent clinical NPD. There are two main forms of narcissism (unfortunately we use the same word for them), but 95%+ of people are only familiar with the garden variety narcissist as they are everywhere and can be more or less understood using normal human psychology. Clinical NPDs don't even remotely have normal human psychology, this one is probably a severe developmental issue / defense mechanism stemming from early childhood. Actually Trump is so much of a textbook case that he was used in some textbooks as the best example.
This makes sense. And his limited vocabulary suggests a comorbid organic cognitive deficit, I think. Or perhaps he never learned how to speak intellectually.
Well he seems to be fairly intelligent to me (I'd say 125-140 range), but he never really had to learn to speak intellectually, or even behave normally, because it's America and he became successful in business without such things as well. Why the hell would an NPD spend even a second on developing unnecessary skills. He even became POTUS without them.

Plus he seems to be getting a bit senile, and was born as a somewhat superficial and splitminded being as well, with superfast thinking, like many people born in early June in the Northern hemisphere's temperate climates (but of course everyone will dismiss this last claim of mine as nonsense). Add to that the influence from his sociopathic father (which may have shaped him into an NPD in the first place), such unavoidable abuse can have certain "dumbing down" effects.
Thanks, Atla, for your post.

BTW, what is your thinking behind your claim? I promise I would like to consider it rather than dismiss it.
Atla

Post by Atla »

The most important things to remember about Trump is that he has no concept of truth as we know it, and a conscience never developed in him either. His need is infinite admiration, infinite narcissistic supply, to be the 'boss' of all things.
The only good things are the things that are good for him. Things that are bad for him are bad. He can't pay any attention whatsoever to things that are neutral to him.

And a big chunk of US population still thinks that he's a saviour, playing 26-dimensional chess, in order to overthrow the establishment. Very funny. No, it's actually really funny.
Atla

Post by Atla »

commonsense wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:02 pm Thanks, Atla, for your post.

BTW, what is your thinking behind your claim? I promise I would like to consider it rather than dismiss it.
Oh that? Well one of my hobbies used to be solving the secret behind Astrology. I'm very sensitive psychologically and noticed the patterns in my life, they are pretty strong in my country.

So I figured out that 80% of Astrology is of course bullshit, but the core of it about the sun signs is true, the part of the year you are born does effect you permanently. It's just seasonal biology, depending which 9 months you spend in the womb, and what kind of world awaits you when you are born, your brain will be wired slightly differently. Even a sensitive adult can experience some of these seasonal effects on the human body by simply paying attention.
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

Atla wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:13 pm

Oh that? Well one of my hobbies used to be solving the secret behind Astrology. I'm very sensitive psychologically and noticed the patterns in my life, they are pretty strong in my country.

So I figured out that 80% of Astrology is of course bullshit, but the core of it about the sun signs is true, the part of the year you are born does effect you permanently. It's just seasonal biology, depending which 9 months you spend in the womb, and what kind of world awaits you when you are born, your brain will be wired slightly differently. Even a sensitive adult can experience some of these seasonal effects on the human body by simply paying attention.
Interesting.

Do you think it would be the same for the Southern Hemisphere in December?

I’d like to know more about seasonal biology. I’ll search for it as such unless there’s some other keywords you’d suggest.
Atla

Post by Atla »

commonsense wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:23 pm
Atla wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:13 pm

Interesting.

Do you think it would be the same for the Southern Hemisphere in December?

I’d like to know more about seasonal biology. I’ll search for it as such unless there’s some other keywords you’d suggest.
Nah the scientifically established seasonal biology is pretty shallow. It's things like: what kind of career paths we are more likely to choose, or what kind of mental illnesses we are more likely to develop, depending on our birth time. For now they avoid the question of personalities like the plague, that's a big taboo after all. And disproving astrology using horoscopes is easy.

On the Southern hemisphere the zodiac has to be reversed of course, and even then it would probably be pretty inaccurate. Quite different geography there. Also, none of this works near the equator and poles.
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

Interesting.

You seem to be knowledgeable in the field of mental health—are you a clinician or researcher by chance?
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

Phenology might be related to seasonal biology in a way that brings the hard sciences to bear.
Dubious

Post by Dubious »

commonsense wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:54 pm
Dubious wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:15 am The enigma is not Trump. He's just another low-life coward, a piece of shit without any redeeming qualities. The real enigma are the massive amounts of truly brain dead dolts who will vote for him no matter what he says and does. With the way it's turning out there probably isn't a single country with such a huge amount of loathsome low-life's as currently inhabit the US of A. One wonders what makes these cretins tick. It can't be anything remotely related to integrity or honesty even if they think they have it which can only be if lame-brained enough not to know the meaning of either.
What do his supporters vote for?

Seriously, can anyone tell me?
That's precisely the point! What are they voting for? He's the most loathsome scumbag president by far the U.S. ever had - whether mentally deficient or not - who's literally in the process of tearing the country apart. So even though he's trailing in the polls, how come his voter base is still so high and admire what is least admirable especially in someone who, by his position since the 50's has been regarded as The Leader of the free world. After Trump the U.S. will never be considered as such again. Anyone who thinks this is still a matter of politics is a total idiot and anyone who believes that Trump may be a smart person who surrounded himself with incompetents as advisers is also one since a smart person would be smart enough not to hire stupids in leading a country or corporation.

The only way to describe the US now is one of diminishment and paradox which is especially dangerous for the West since the East now has its own superpower (created with the indispensable help of the West) to challenge it on all fronts. There is indeed a Decline of the West happening through incompetence and corruption when its so-called center of power starts eroding.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Dubious wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:15 am The enigma is not Trump. He's just another low-life coward, a piece of shit without any redeeming qualities. The real enigma are the massive amounts of truly brain dead dolts who will vote for him no matter what he says and does. With the way it's turning out there probably isn't a single country with such a huge amount of loathsome low-life's as currently inhabit the US of A. One wonders what makes these cretins tick. It can't be anything remotely related to integrity or honesty even if they think they have it which can only be if lame-brained enough not to know the meaning of either.
What do his supporters vote for? I’ve only heard complaints against Biden’s policies and persona, but not anything promoting Trump per se.

How is he any worse than Bush 2? I found that mass murderer far more loathesome.
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

Dubious wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:37 pm
What do his supporters vote for?

That's precisely the point! What are they voting for? He's the most loathsome scumbag president by far the U.S. ever had - whether mentally deficient or not - who's literally in the process of tearing the country apart. So even though he's trailing in the polls, how come his voter base is still so high and admire what is least admirable especially in someone who, by his position since the 50's has been regarded as The Leader of the free world. After Trump the U.S. will never be considered as such again. Anyone who thinks this is still a matter of politics is a total idiot and anyone who believes that Trump may be a smart person who surrounded himself with incompetents as advisers is also one since a smart person would be smart enough not to hire stupids in leading a country or corporation.

The only way to describe the US now is one of diminishment and paradox which is especially dangerous for the West since the East now has its own superpower (created with the indispensable help of the West) to challenge it on all fronts. There is indeed a Decline of the West happening through incompetence and corruption when its so-called center of power starts eroding.
Yes.

Now let me take a stab at my question above:

First of all, let me say that when a choice is really beyond all reason, it probably is an emotional choice and not a reasoned one. With that in mind, let me set the scene for an unreasonable, emotional choice.

Let’s say, hypothetically, that I am someone who hated school and struggled through. As such, I never liked those other kids—the ones who got top grades all the time, usually without even trying.

I’m not dumb. I guess I just learn in a different way than how they were trying to teach me. But the elite ones—the ones who got good grades and went on to the community college in our town or to the big-time universities—they think I’m stupid.

And that hurts. Deep. I will do anything I can to get even with them, those assholes who take all the good jobs and fly on their private jets and eat caviar whenever they want to and then send their kids to fancy private schools.

Now for my choice. I am motherfuckin’ pissed. I’m going to screw all those smarties shitheads. I’m going to vote for Trump.
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:23 pm
What do his supporters vote for? I’ve only heard complaints against Biden’s policies and persona, but not anything promoting Trump per se.

How is he any worse than Bush 2? I found that mass murderer far more loathesome.
I agree with you. I just don’t think that that counts as a positive for Trump.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

commonsense wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:32 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:23 pm

I agree with you. I just don’t think that that counts as a positive for Trump.
No, but it shows how out of proportion the hatred for him is within the hypocritical wokie mob.