Trump - a puzzling enigma

For philosophical reflections on the COVID-19 pandemic. How can philosophy help us to understand it, to combat it and to survive it?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

User avatar
henry quirk
Posts: 8975
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 8:07 pm

Re: Trump - a puzzling enigma

Post by henry quirk »

commonsense wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:27 pm 30,000-plus lies as of today.
so you've been told
commonsense
Posts: 2611
Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2017 6:38 pm

Re: Trump - a puzzling enigma

Post by commonsense »

henry quirk wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:32 pm
commonsense wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:27 pm 30,000-plus lies as of today.
so you've been told
no, I counted them all :mrgreen:
User avatar
henry quirk
Posts: 8975
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 8:07 pm

Re: Trump - a puzzling enigma

Post by henry quirk »

commonsense wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:54 pm
henry quirk wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:32 pm
commonsense wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:27 pm 30,000-plus lies as of today.
so you've been told
no, I counted them all :mrgreen:
you got too much time on your hands
commonsense
Posts: 2611
Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2017 6:38 pm

Re: Trump - a puzzling enigma

Post by commonsense »

henry quirk wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:04 am
commonsense wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:54 pm
henry quirk wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:32 pm

so you've been told
no, I counted them all :mrgreen:
you got too much time on your hands
:lol:
User avatar
vegetariantaxidermy
Posts: 9157
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:45 am
Location: Narniabiznus

Re: Trump - a puzzling enigma

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Not so 'puzzling'. Trump is not a natural leader. He's actually following his followers. He understands that a huge chunk of them are science-denying conspiracy nutters so he says whatever he thinks they want him to say. And of course it works. He truly understands his audience. He would say the earth was flat if he thought that's what they wanted to hear. There is no way that he is a genuine global warming denier or covid-hoaxer. He knows that there's nothing anyone can do about global warming now so he might as well keep his voters happy along the way.
I also seriously doubt that he's a racist (using the actual meaning of the word--not the self-serving PChypocrite's version of it). He's never said or done anything that is racist. I don't think he hates anyone. Or has much passion about anything except buying and selling realestate. I think he enjoyed the ride of running for president without thinking for a minute that he would actually win, and now he's got into the swing of it and seems to be going along with the whole charade quite easily. He's quite happy to see America burn (or drown, depending on which side of the country you are on) as long as it doesn't personally affect him right now.
commonsense
Posts: 2611
Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2017 6:38 pm

Re: Trump - a puzzling enigma

Post by commonsense »

In his youth, Trump the Schlump refused to rent an apartment to a black family. He also directed his manager at another building not to rent to any blacks.

Since then he either hasn’t been caught or he’s grown out of it.
User avatar
vegetariantaxidermy
Posts: 9157
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:45 am
Location: Narniabiznus

Re: Trump - a puzzling enigma

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Hearsay. Or perhaps he had bad experiences renting to black people. Hardly puts him into the lynch mob category. I was also referring to his tenure as president. It's only you yanks who like to dig up ancient history and use it in your filthy politics.
Last edited by vegetariantaxidermy on Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
User avatar
henry quirk
Posts: 8975
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 8:07 pm

Re: Trump - a puzzling enigma

Post by henry quirk »

commonsense wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:53 pm In his youth, Trump the Schlump refused to rent an apartment to a black family. He also directed his manager at another building not to rent to any blacks.

Since then he either hasn’t been caught or he’s grown out of it.
that's the story, yeah

I wonder why no one brings it up, among the intelligentsia or the press?

if true, seems like they'd trumpet it as a reminder, and as evidence, of what a grade-a stinker he is
User avatar
vegetariantaxidermy
Posts: 9157
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:45 am
Location: Narniabiznus

Re: Trump - a puzzling enigma

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

[quote="henry quirk" ]

that's the story, yeah

I wonder why no one brings it up, among the [i]intelligentsia[/i] or the [i]press[/i]?

if true, seems like they'd trumpet it as a reminder, and as evidence, of what a grade-a stinker he is
[/quote]

Imagine the reaction from the Wokies if saint Obama had just brokered that peace deal.........
commonsense
Posts: 2611
Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2017 6:38 pm

Re: Trump - a puzzling enigma

Post by commonsense »

henry quirk wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:55 pm
commonsense wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:53 pm In his youth, Trump the Schlump refused to rent an apartment to a black family. He also directed his manager at another building not to rent to any blacks.

Since then he either hasn’t been caught or he’s grown out of it.
that's the story, yeah

I wonder why no one brings it up, among the intelligentsia or the press?

if true, seems like they'd trumpet it as a reminder, and as evidence, of what a grade-a stinker he is
There’s just too many stories to bring up.
User avatar
henry quirk
Posts: 8975
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 8:07 pm

Re: Trump - a puzzling enigma

Post by henry quirk »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:01 pm
henry quirk wrote:
that's the story, yeah

I wonder why no one brings it up, among the intelligentsia or the press?

if true, seems like they'd trumpet it as a reminder, and as evidence, of what a grade-a stinker he is
Imagine the reaction from the Wokies if saint Obama had just brokered that peace deal.........
good lord, if barry had done what ORANGE MAN did, they'd be petitionin' the commie pope for his canonization (without barry bein' dead first)

ORANGE MAN brokers a peace and meh

as I say: ORANGE MAN could cure cancer with a cheap, completely safe, pill and they'd demand his head for wreckin' a good chunk of the medical industry (and it is an industry...there's little nobility in it)

-----

There’s just too many stories to bring up.

so you've been told
commonsense
Posts: 2611
Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2017 6:38 pm

Re: Trump - a puzzling enigma

Post by commonsense »

henry quirk wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:16 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:01 pm
henry quirk wrote:
that's the story, yeah

I wonder why no one brings it up, among the intelligentsia or the press?

if true, seems like they'd trumpet it as a reminder, and as evidence, of what a grade-a stinker he is
Imagine the reaction from the Wokies if saint Obama had just brokered that peace deal.........
good lord, if barry had done what ORANGE MAN did, they'd be petitionin' the commie pope for his canonization (without barry bein' dead first)

ORANGE MAN brokers a peace and meh

as I say: ORANGE MAN could cure cancer with a cheap, completely safe, pill and they'd demand his head for wreckin' a good chunk of the medical industry (and it is an industry...there's little nobility in it)

-----

There’s just too many stories to bring up.

so you've been told
No, I counted them. Remember? :lol:
Impenitent
Posts: 3039
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:04 pm

Re: Trump - a puzzling enigma

Post by Impenitent »

peace in the middle east and a vaccine for covid... orange man awful...

if biden wins, buy more guns - the socialists will need them

-Imp
User avatar
henry quirk
Posts: 8975
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 8:07 pm

Re: Trump - a puzzling enigma

Post by henry quirk »

commonsense wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:49 pm
henry quirk wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:16 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:01 pm

Imagine the reaction from the Wokies if saint Obama had just brokered that peace deal.........
good lord, if barry had done what ORANGE MAN did, they'd be petitionin' the commie pope for his canonization (without barry bein' dead first)

ORANGE MAN brokers a peace and meh

as I say: ORANGE MAN could cure cancer with a cheap, completely safe, pill and they'd demand his head for wreckin' a good chunk of the medical industry (and it is an industry...there's little nobility in it)

-----

There’s just too many stories to bring up.

so you've been told
No, I counted them. Remember? :lol:
you oughta write a piece chroniclin' all his lies and misdeeds (with verification of each, of course) and post it...it might go viral...end ORANGE MAN's reign once & for all

you could be PN's woodward & berstein
User avatar
henry quirk
Posts: 8975
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 8:07 pm

Re: Trump - a puzzling enigma

Post by henry quirk »

Impenitent wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:54 pm peace in the middle east and a vaccine for covid... orange man awful...

if biden wins, buy more guns - the socialists will need them

-Imp
come nov, when ORANGE MAN gets a second term, the tantrums will expand and blood will spill in large amounts

it won't be C.W. 2.0...it'll just be a whole whack of commies and a few non-commies, dead

pity: there won't be any 'copter rides
Post Reply