Breaking Not News !! UK version (Coronavirus related)

For philosophical reflections on the COVID-19 pandemic. How can philosophy help us to understand it, to combat it and to survive it?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Dontaskme

Breaking Not News !! UK version (Coronavirus related)

Post by Dontaskme »

Tesco staff are told to clean toilets, shelves and floors in 2,000 of its stores as supermarket bosses axe contract cleaners.
Staff at Tesco Metro and Express supermarkets in the UK will have to take over the responsibilities of professional cleaners from August 24 - a move that will come as a surprise amid coronavirus.

Imagine that, your job as a store attendant is now not only what you signed up for, but is also what you did not sign up for, a cleaner. But of course you'll stay, won't you, even though the cleaning job wasn't in your job description?
Dontaskme

Re: Breaking Not News !! UK version (Coronavirus related)

Post by Dontaskme »

Microplastics and man-made fibres from disposable face masks are found in the guts of sharks that live near the seabed off the Cornish coast.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Spain 'is on the brink of being declared UNSAFE for Britons' due to growing 'second-wave' spike in coronavirus cases - potentially forcing thousands into quarantine when they come home from holiday there.Spain is on the list of 59 quarantine-exempt countries that Britons can travel to without needing to isolate for 14 days when they get back home. But just this weekend 4,581 further cases were reported in the country - bringing its total to 264,836. More than 28,000 people have died. Whitehall sources said Spain's recent outbreaks are being watched and the country - or specific regions within it - could be thrown off the list all together if a decision is made this week.

If only people could just sit still for 5 minutes, but no, lets go on holiday in the middle of a pandemic. Why? because I need my fix that's why, if I don't get my fix, I'll go crazy, I can't stand sitting around in my beautiful home all day and night, this is just not enough for me.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Meanwhile: British tourist sparks Lanzarote Covid cluster fears after testing positive at the Spanish resort forcing her into quarantine and nine others she had been in contact with to be investigated.
Spanish authorities have placed the British tourist into quarantine after she tested positive for Covid-19 after flying on holiday to Lanzarote with her husband.

Shouldn't have gone really, in my humble opinion.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Dontaskme wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 12:22 pm Microplastics and man-made fibres from disposable face masks are found in the guts of sharks that live near the seabed off the Cornish coast.
You should take a look at your teabags mate.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Dontaskme wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 12:16 pm Tesco staff are told to clean toilets, shelves and floors in 2,000 of its stores as supermarket bosses axe contract cleaners.
Staff at Tesco Metro and Express supermarkets in the UK will have to take over the responsibilities of professional cleaners from August 24 - a move that will come as a surprise amid coronavirus.

Imagine that, your job as a store attendant is now not only what you signed up for, but is also what you did not sign up for, a cleaner. But of course you'll stay, won't you, even though the cleaning job wasn't in your job description?
WOuld you like to cite that?
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Sculptor wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 12:34 pm
WOuld you like to cite that?
How many cites do you want...google goggle eyes :wink:
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Dontaskme wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 12:40 pm
There is a point that what I am saying.
It does not matter a damn if masks have microplastics. Teabags are going to produce 100x more than masks.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Sculptor wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 3:37 pm There is a point that what I am saying.
It does not matter a damn if masks have microplastics. Teabags are going to produce 100x more than masks.
Humans are the biggest polluters on the planet, we are very excellent at making a big bloody mess, but absolutely useless at cleaning up after ourselves.

The ocean life think our rubbish is food.

Now we can't even dispose of our coronavirus riddled face masks properly.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Royal Mail delivery office in Swindon is forced to close amid coronavirus outbreak as 1,000 staff are sent home after two workers test positive for Covid-19. The plant in Swindon, Wiltshire, had temporarily ceased operations after two staff members tested positive for Covid-19.

Is this what happens when Lockdown ends and everyone is given clearance to return to work?
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Dontaskme wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 3:46 pm
Sculptor wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 3:37 pm There is a point that what I am saying.
Humans are the biggest polluters on the planet, we are very excellent at making a big bloody mess, but absolutely useless at cleaning up after ourselves.

The ocean life think our rubbish is food.

Now we can't even dispose of our coronavirus riddled face masks properly.
What's your point?
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Sculptor wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 4:11 pm What's your point?
Nothing...just reporting my surround.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Face shields worn by hairdressers and salon workers DON'T protect against Covid-19 but masks DO, Swiss health officials say.
An outbreak of 'several' coronavirus cases at a hotel in Switzerland revealed those who only worse plastic visors were infected. But people who wore a mask did not catch the coronavirus.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Furious passengers complain of social-distancing 'chaos' at Heathrow as huge crowds of holidaymakers are left 'bumping into each other with no staff managing massive queues'.

Seriously, this world just gets crazier and crazier by the second. Just stay at home you dumb imbeciles there's a pandemic going on, have you forgotten already. Your not going to die without your precious holiday.

Okay, bring on the huge second wave if that's what you want.