Coronavirus Humour

For philosophical reflections on the COVID-19 pandemic. How can philosophy help us to understand it, to combat it and to survive it?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Dontaskme

Re: Coronavirus Humour

Post by Dontaskme »

Belinda wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:45 amBut then, I also like this world of you -ego and me-ego.
You haven't got much choice B, liking or not liking, we are this movie whether we like it or not.

Belinda

Post by Belinda »

Dontaskme wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:56 am
Belinda wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:45 amBut then, I also like this world of you -ego and me-ego.
You haven't got much choice B, liking or not liking, we are this movie whether we like it or not.

Are we, to some extent,agents of change? If not, is is good if we have faith that we are agents of change?

In other words, I still like your thesis unless it's got fatalistic attitude.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

I came to this thread hoping for some humour.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Sculptor wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:30 pm I came to this thread hoping for some humour.
Perhaps it was the title that attracted you here.

I once watched
Michael McIntyre on youtube, because everyone was saying he's really funny, and yet I never laughed once, not once, I just thought wtf is this shit.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Dontaskme wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 3:28 pm
Sculptor wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:30 pm I came to this thread hoping for some humour.
Perhaps it was the title that attracted you here.

I once watched
Michael McIntyre on youtube, because everyone was saying he's really funny, and yet I never laughed once, not once, I just thought wtf is this shit.
MM was funny for a about 1 hour in 2007ish
But his routine was limited to one performance, and then he entered the world of TV presenter.
Ending his career as a stand-up
Stand-up needs continual writing and thinking. It's hard work, and the shtick has to evolve.
Bill Bailey's stand up gets better every year.
Ross Nobel will split your sides painfully in concert, but you wonder why any of this stuff is actually funny - this can make it funnier - like why the F am I laughing?