How to deal with a friend who thinks COVID 19 is a hoax

For philosophical reflections on the COVID-19 pandemic. How can philosophy help us to understand it, to combat it and to survive it?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

attofishpi

Re: How to deal with a friend who thinks COVID 19 is a hoax

Post by attofishpi »

Belinda wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:50 am
attofishpi wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:18 am
henry quirk wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:49 am

ORANGE MAN was sick; ORANGE MAN is well

ORANGE MAN: 2020
He could set a kid on fire on national TV and would still have all his supporter base...if he burned the bible, that would be a different story.
His sexual and financial squalor has not harmed his standing with his devotees. I can't imagine what would remove him.
Sexual\Financial + Proven to have lied to the entire nation of the USA!! USA!! USA!! -regarding the seriousness of the virus - reason? To bluff bluff bluff so that he remains in power - he knows his supporters are blind dumb, power is ALL that Orange Scumbag cares about, he doesn't give a shit about anyone that is not sat on the gold seat from whence he shat, in the moment he shat.

It amazes me that so many umericans don't realise he is the classic dictator - he idolises the likes of Putin, Xi Xi Ping Pong, Kim Jockstrap so wishing to have their level of autonomous power.

Trump would do away with democracy in a heartbeat for THAT POWER, you UMERICAN cretins. :evil:
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

attofishpi wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:06 am

He could set a kid on fire on national TV and would still have all his supporter base...if he burned the bible, that would be a different story.
His sexual and financial squalor has not harmed his standing with his devotees. I can't imagine what would remove him.
Sexual\Financial + Proven to have lied to the entire nation of the USA!! USA!! USA!! -regarding the seriousness of the virus - reason? To bluff bluff bluff so that he remains in power - he knows his supporters are blind dumb, power is ALL that Orange Scumbag cares about, he doesn't give a shit about anyone that is not sat on the gold seat from whence he shat, in the moment he shat.

It amazes me that so many umericans don't realise he is the classic dictator - he idolises the likes of Putin, Xi Xi Ping Pong, Kim Jockstrap so wishing to have their level of autonomous power.

Trump would do away with democracy in a heartbeat for THAT POWER, you UMERICAN cretins. :evil:
Mr. Trump wears beautifully cut suits
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Belinda wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 2:54 pm
Belinda wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:50 am His sexual and financial squalor has not harmed his standing with his devotees. I can't imagine what would remove him.

Mr. Trump wears beautifully cut suits
Oval? I guess he does fit nicely in the oval office then. :)
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

I share your concerns about The Schlump, dictatorship and umerican cretins, however not all of us have drunk the Koolaid. There are some who truly recognize the emperor’s nakedness.

What saddens me most is that so many of my countrymen supported him in the 2016 election and so many continue to rave about him.

I could rather easily tolerate a single digit percentage of the population as his followers, but not nearly half of us as seen in so many polls.

These last 4 years have been a collection of craziness after craziness, with each craziness crazier than the last. I actually gave—and dismissed—thought to emigrating to Canada, but I don’t think umericans are welcome there, or anywhere else for that matter.

I love my country not for what it is but for what it can be.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

commonsense wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:46 pm
Belinda wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:50 am His sexual and financial squalor has not harmed his standing with his devotees. I can't imagine what would remove him.

I share your concerns about The Schlump, dictatorship and umerican cretins, however not all of us have drunk the Koolaid. There are some who truly recognize the emperor’s nakedness.

What saddens me most is that so many of my countrymen supported him in the 2016 election and so many continue to rave about him.

I could rather easily tolerate a single digit percentage of the population as his followers, but not nearly half of us as seen in so many polls.

These last 4 years have been a collection of craziness after craziness, with each craziness crazier than the last. I actually gave—and dismissed—thought to emigrating to Canada, but I don’t think umericans are welcome there, or anywhere else for that matter.

I love my country not for what it is but for what it can be.
Bravo! 8)
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Trump would do away with democracy in a heartbeat for THAT POWER, you UMERICAN cretins.

what has ORANGE MAN done, in his first 4 years, to blunt liberty?

as I say: as a natural rights libertarian, I have a keen sense for when someone is tryin' to leash me

ORANGE MAN hasn't
attofishpi

Dictator Trump - he wishes!

Post by attofishpi »

henry quirk wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:14 am
atto-on-da-piss wrote: Trump would do away with democracy in a heartbeat for THAT POWER, you UMERICAN cretins.
what has ORANGE MAN done, in his first 4 years, to blunt liberty?
Wow, where have you been? Here's some examples of what people that have a kindred spirit with DICTATORS do:-

1. A prime tenet of a dictator is the suppression/removal/ownership of the press - the media. Chump from the outset has attempted to suppress the media, continually criticising them and REFUSING to answer valid questions from reporters...he just tells them that they represent an organisation that he is not happy with and IGNORES THEM.

2. Within the White House anyone that questions him too much is DUMPED.

3. He continually LIES to the masses.

4. He loves using military force to suppress legitimate protests of the people he is supposed to represent - even pretending to be a bible believer, a stunt where peaceful protesters were beaten, tear gassed and thrown out of the way so that he could stand in front of a church with a bible for a photo! A FUCKING PHOTO! -> why, because he knows his supporter base are dumb arse bible bashing morons and he wants RE-ELECTION - that is ALL he cares about.

henry quirk wrote:as I say: as a natural rights libertarian, I have a keen sense for when someone is tryin' to leash me

ORANGE MAN hasn't
Chump hasn't what? Put a collar and chains around you? ...failing to see the makings of a dictator, therein lies the bed of totalitarianism.
commonsense

Re: Dictator Trump - he wishes!

Post by commonsense »

Bears repeating:
attofishpi wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:18 am ...failing to see the makings of a dictator, therein lies the bed of totalitarianism.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

1. A prime tenet of a dictator is the suppression/removal/ownership of the press - the media. Chump from the outset has attempted to suppress the media, continually criticising them and REFUSING to answer valid questions from reporters...he just tells them that they represent an organisation that he is not happy with and IGNORES THEM.

the 'murican press is largely a propaganda machine: ORANGE MAN is quite right to deride 'em...the lot are clowns

not seein' how ORANGE MAN pushin' back qualifies as suppression or removal of ownership

and: here, in 'murica, no one is obligated to answer to the press

2. Within the White House anyone that questions him too much is DUMPED.

he fires folks who don't play on team ORANGE MAN, just any and every other prez has done when folks become liabilities

3. He continually LIES to the masses.

let's have his top five whoppers, please

4. He loves using military force to suppress legitimate protests of the people he is supposed to represent - even pretending to be a bible believer, a stunt where peaceful protesters were beaten, tear gassed and thrown out of the way so that he could stand in front of a church with a bible for a photo! A FUCKING PHOTO! -> why, because he knows his supporter base are dumb arse bible bashing morons and he wants RE-ELECTION - that is ALL he cares about.

ORANGE MAN offered fed assistance riot-affected states and cities, assistance that was rejected by elected nimrods, so -- no -- he's not doin' that; even today, folks supposedly in the know can't agree as to the details of what happened at the church...common and me had a go-around on that subject not too long back

still not seein' how anything my ORANGE state capitalist has done indicates a desire on his art to play dictator

you haven't made your case: try again
henry quirk

Re: Dictator Trump - he wishes!

Post by henry quirk »

commonsense wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:40 pm Bears repeating:
attofishpi wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:18 am ...failing to see the makings of a dictator, therein lies the bed of totalitarianism.
yeah, we really need to keep an eye on K. Harris: that bitch, should she get to the Big Seat, could be a ruination
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

henry quirk wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:14 pm
He continually LIES to the masses.

let's have his top five whoppers, please
Coronavirus will go away when the temperature gets warmer. We do more testing than any other country. I don’t know if I took a test that day. Hydrochloride cures Coronavirus. Coronavirus will just disappear. We’re turning the corner on Coronavirus. I got the ventilators. I don’t need to wear a mask. It’s the Democrats’ fault. There’s tremendous fraud with mail-in voting. The election is rigged. I don’t know. They say. We have a strong economy. Mexico will pay for the wall. Biden will end fracking. I don’t know anything about Qanon. I am the least racist person you will ever meet. I have done more for black people than any president since Abraham Lincoln. I had the largest turnout for an inauguration than any president has ever had.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Coronavirus will go away when the temperature gets warmer.

did it? how would you know it didn't?

We do more testing than any other country.

per capita: do we? accordin' to johns hopkins, we do

Hydrochloride cures Coronavirus.

he said it was a valid treatment (along with zinc, it is, accordin' to, for example, the Henry Ford Health System), not a cure

Coronavirus will just disappear.

know what one of the big worries amongst vaccine makers is? the possibility beer virus may fade before they develop a vaccine...beer virus is disappearin'

We’re turning the corner on Coronavirus.

we turned the corner in september

I got the ventilators.

he did...not as quickly as the old folks killin' dems wanted, but he did...he even sent a, I think, navy med ship to NY to deal with an overflow that never truly materialized...deblasio nor cuomo chose to use it, optin' instead to send infected folks to kill old folks in nursin' homes

I don’t need to wear a mask.

he doesn't...no one does...see page 4 of the cdc report I linked in 2020: not safe for anyone

It’s the Democrats’ fault?

the five states with 40% of all beer virus deaths are dem-controlled

There’s tremendous fraud with mail-in voting.

he never said that...he said dem-promoted mail-in voting (as opposed to the regular absentee voting) makes fraud likely...he's right...thousands of mail-in ballots were recently disqualified because all were open and alterable...several mailbags of mail-in votes, for ORANGE MAN, were found in a dumpster

The election is rigged. I don’t know. They say.

a sloppy mail-in voter system, folks sayin' they do anything moral to oust ORANGE MAN (moral includes lying & stealing, by their own admission, cuz it's ORANGE MAN they want out, so anything goes): all points to shenanigans to me

We have a strong economy.

for a good chunk of his 4 years: we did...hyperbolic response to beer virus screwed that pooch...even so: there's a recovery at play the paul krugmans of the world are desperate to deny

Mexico will pay for the wall.

and they may still...ORANGE MAN has 4 more to make that happen

Biden will end fracking.

as I recall: the house plant said that's exactly what he was gonna do, then he flip-flopped (probably cuz he misunderstood what some some aide told him)

I don’t know anything about Qanon.

me: I don't know diddly about Qanon 'cept they're rabidly anti-pedo (is that a bad thing?)...seems to me, ORANGE MAN said much the same thing when asked about 'em

I am the least racist person you will ever meet.

hyperbolic? sure

a lie? only if you can prove he's a racist

wanna try?

I have done more for black people than any president since Abraham Lincoln.

more hyperbole...certainly he's done more for blacks folks in his 4 than obama did in his 8; more than billy clinton; more than the house plant in his 40; more than the blow job queen

I had the largest turnout for an inauguration than any president has ever had.

ain't a lie if you think it's true...might be a mistake, but it ain't a lie
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

henry quirk wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 1:46 am Coronavirus will go away when the temperature gets warmer.

did it? how would you know it didn't?

It never went away. It’s still here. Schlump even got it. I personally have relatives with it.

We do more testing than any other country.

per capita: do we? accordin' to johns hopkins, we do

At he time Schlump made the claim it was false per capita because Iceland was the leader.[color=

Hydrochloride cures Coronavirus.

he said it was a valid treatment (along with zinc, it is, accordin' to, for example, the Henry Ford Health System), not a cure

Yes, he said valid treatment, not cure. It is neither because it’s risk/benefit ratio isn’t safe.

Coronavirus will just disappear.

know what one of the big worries amongst vaccine makers is? the possibility beer virus may fade before they develop a vaccine...beer virus is disappearin'

Nonetheless, it didn’t disappear.

We’re turning the corner on Coronavirus.

we turned the corner in september

We’ve turned the corner again toward higher numbers now.

I got the ventilators.

he did...not as quickly as the old folks killin' dems wanted, but he did...he even sent a, I think, navy med ship to NY to deal with an overflow that never truly materialized...deblasio nor cuomo chose to use it, optin' instead to send infected folks to kill old folks in nursin' homes

He left it to the governors to compete with each other first.

I don’t need to wear a mask.

he doesn't...no one does...see page 4 of the cdc report I linked in 2020: not safe for anyone

No one needs to wear an N 95 mask unless they want to eliminate 95% of viral transmission in any direction of any virus.

It’s the Democrats’ fault?

the five states with 40% of all beer virus deaths are dem-controlled

Everything can’t be the Democrats’ fault.

There’s tremendous fraud with mail-in voting.

he never said that...he said dem-promoted mail-in voting (as opposed to the regular absentee voting) makes fraud likely...he's right...thousands of mail-in ballots were recently disqualified because all were open and alterable...several mailbags of mail-in votes, for ORANGE MAN, were found in a dumpster

Schlump repeatedly talks of massive voter fraud that will occur as a result of mail-in voting. Despite your anecdotes, there has never been massive voter fraud, not even in red states that have already been using any mail-in voting beyond the usual absentee ballots.

The election is rigged. I don’t know. They say.

a sloppy mail-in voter system, folks sayin' they do anything moral to oust ORANGE MAN (moral includes lying & stealing, by their own admission, cuz it's ORANGE MAN they want out, so anything goes): all points to shenanigans to me

No shenanigans. No fraudulent mail-in system.

I don’t know and they say are two additional lies in themselves.

We have a strong economy.

for a good chunk of his 4 years: we did...hyperbolic response to beer virus screwed that pooch...even so: there's a recovery at play the paul krugmans of the world are desperate to deny

Why are Americans in need of money to keep their homes, feed their families and keep their businesses in business.

Mexico will pay for the wall.

and they may still...ORANGE MAN has 4 more to make that happen

Not as likely as a giraffe standing on a fly’s wing.

Biden will end fracking.

as I recall: the house plant said that's exactly what he was gonna do, then he flip-flopped (probably cuz he misunderstood what some some aide told him)

HAHAHA

I don’t know anything about Qanon.

me: I don't know diddly about Qanon 'cept they're rabidly anti-pedo (is that a bad thing?)...seems to me, ORANGE MAN said much the same thing when asked about 'em

HAHAHA

I am the least racist person you will ever meet.

hyperbolic? sure

a lie? only if you can prove he's a racist

wanna try?

HAHAHA

I have done more for black people than any president since Abraham Lincoln.

more hyperbole...certainly he's done more for blacks folks in his 4 than obama did in his 8; more than billy clinton; more than the house plant in his 40; more than the blow job queen

HAHAHA

I had the largest turnout for an inauguration than any president has ever had.

ain't a lie if you think it's true...might be a mistake, but it ain't a lie

HAHAHA
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

Mr Trump is quite right not to wear masks as a mask would alter his appearance, and make him look like a man who believes what the medics say..
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

HAHAHA

yeah, that how it seems to me too