'20/'21: not safe for anyone

For philosophical reflections on the COVID-19 pandemic. How can philosophy help us to understand it, to combat it and to survive it?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

henry quirk

high-larious!

Post by henry quirk »

6E39022A-D396-406E-A6BA-9D3E9AE3E9EE.jpeg
6E39022A-D396-406E-A6BA-9D3E9AE3E9EE.jpeg (139.4 KiB) Viewed 263 times
henry quirk

harris's alma mater

Post by henry quirk »

114A7816-C60F-4B83-8DA6-A0CD1700B3DB.jpeg
114A7816-C60F-4B83-8DA6-A0CD1700B3DB.jpeg (90.97 KiB) Viewed 262 times
Immanuel Can

Re: high-larious!

Post by Immanuel Can »

henry quirk wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:39 pm 6E39022A-D396-406E-A6BA-9D3E9AE3E9EE.jpeg
I thought it interesting to see that Biden is statistically the most popular candidate in American presidential history, by far.

He "won" almost none of the conventional "bellwether" constituencies, and yet somehow "won" the vote. He also lost all most of the key swing states, and still managed to triumph. He became "statistically" more popular by far than Obama, getting votes not just from dead people, but in places like Pennsylvania, more human beings "voted" then there were constituents. It's a miracle. In fact, you'd have to say that the only reason Obama ever won was because he had this incredibly popular candidate as his running mate, who probably pulled Obama across the finish line.

And he did all this while not campaigning in any significant way at all, living in his basement and having no clear policies on practically any issue, and while going senile, with a running-mate who publicly declared she believed all the women who had accused him of sexual misdeeds, (https://nypost.com/2020/08/12/kamala-ha ... she-didnt/), while fettered by verified and admitted scandals involving his drug-addled son peddling the candidate's time to foreign powers, interfering with justice overseas by manipulating foreign aid, and (on the laptop testimony of his own son) taking huge kickbacks.

In his 40 years in office, he didn't even have to achieve anything. And yet, he rose to #1.

The guy's a genius. There's never been so great and wonderful a politician as Joe Biden. Who else could overcome such odds?

I don't know why more people aren't praising Him. Walking on water's bound to be his next trick...except as a devout Catholic, he somehow doesn't know how to pronounce one of the most famous and quoted books of the Bible. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=No5XJ9fahmo
henry quirk

pay attention

Post by henry quirk »

E54C0960-FC55-43BC-9510-45ED2B052EEF.jpeg
E54C0960-FC55-43BC-9510-45ED2B052EEF.jpeg (78.62 KiB) Viewed 254 times
commonsense

Re: 2020: not safe for anyone

Post by commonsense »

You’d have nothing to say if you didn’t have so much shit in your mouth.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

commonsense wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 5:38 pm You’d have nothing to say if you didn’t have so much shit in your mouth.
what was good for the commies for 4 years is good enough for this minarchist today

get used to it, bub
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

henry quirk wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 5:41 pm
commonsense wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 5:38 pm You’d have nothing to say if you didn’t have so much shit in your mouth.
what was good for the commies for 4 years is good enough for this minarchist today

get used to it, bub
Get over it, bub.
henry quirk

the truth of her

Post by henry quirk »

936CB52E-47EA-4A34-B7FC-F07F68BD1BF4.jpeg
936CB52E-47EA-4A34-B7FC-F07F68BD1BF4.jpeg (59.99 KiB) Viewed 246 times
Walker

Post by Walker »

Immanuel Can wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 5:04 pm
henry quirk wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:39 pm 6E39022A-D396-406E-A6BA-9D3E9AE3E9EE.jpeg
I thought it interesting to see that Biden is statistically the most popular candidate in American presidential history, by far.

He "won" almost none of the conventional "bellwether" constituencies, and yet somehow "won" the vote. He also lost all most of the key swing states, and still managed to triumph. He became "statistically" more popular by far than Obama, getting votes not just from dead people, but in places like Pennsylvania, more human beings "voted" then there were constituents. It's a miracle. In fact, you'd have to say that the only reason Obama ever won was because he had this incredibly popular candidate as his running mate, who probably pulled Obama across the finish line.

And he did all this while not campaigning in any significant way at all, living in his basement and having no clear policies on practically any issue, and while going senile, with a running-mate who publicly declared she believed all the women who had accused him of sexual misdeeds, (https://nypost.com/2020/08/12/kamala-ha ... she-didnt/), while fettered by verified and admitted scandals involving his drug-addled son peddling the candidate's time to foreign powers, interfering with justice overseas by manipulating foreign aid, and (on the laptop testimony of his own son) taking huge kickbacks.

In his 40 years in office, he didn't even have to achieve anything. And yet, he rose to #1.

The guy's a genius. There's never been so great and wonderful a politician as Joe Biden. Who else could overcome such odds?

I don't know why more people aren't praising Him. Walking on water's bound to be his next trick...except as a devout Catholic, he somehow doesn't know how to pronounce one of the most famous and quoted books of the Bible. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=No5XJ9fahmo
Hmm. A self-proclaimed devout Catholic who advocates abortion.

I think your incisive observations will be greeted in one of two ways.

Either recognition of truth ... or fingers in the ears while closing the eyes and loudly singing "lalalalala!"
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

fingers in the ears while closing the eyes and loudly singing "lalalalala!"...

...all the way to the abattoir

that's them in a nutshell
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Walker wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 5:51 pm I think your incisive observations will be greeted in one of two ways.
Either recognition of truth ... or fingers in the ears while closing the eyes and loudly singing "lalalalala!"
There's a third: I will bet you bucks to bagels, dollars to donuts, that the response will be, "The fact that Trump lost to such a weak, corrupt candidate is proof positive of how much the people all secretly hate Trump. It's not that Biden is so loved, but that Trump is so hated."

Count on hearing that one shortly.
attofishpi

US dumb fuckery continues

Post by attofishpi »

Immanuel Can wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:00 pm
Walker wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 5:51 pm I think your incisive observations will be greeted in one of two ways.
There's a third: I will bet you bucks to bagels, dollars to donuts, that the response will be, ...
...is that some dippity doo hot diddly diggity Ned Flanders style?

Immanuel Can wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:00 pm"The fact that Trump lost to such a weak, corrupt candidate is proof positive of how much the people all secretly hate Trump. It's not that Biden is so loved, but that Trump is so hated."

In the real world, we are just pig shit fuckity c^nt sick of all your whining.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Immanuel Can wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:00 pm
There's a third: I will bet you bucks to bagels, dollars to donuts, that the response will be, "The fact that Trump lost to such a weak, corrupt candidate is proof positive of how much the people all secretly hate Trump. It's not that Biden is so loved, but that Trump is so hated."

assumin' smokin' joe actually takes the Big Chair: as I say, the fat chick ain't wailed yet
Dubious

Post by Dubious »

Wailing is the sole prerogative of the fat guy who's been sitting in the Big Chair for the last four years...among the most pathetic in U.S. history. They even gave him a new hashtag on twitter, #DiaperDon.
"You're just a lightweight. Don't talk to me that way! I'm the President of the United States! Don't ever talk to the President that way."
This is the President who may soon be a Resident of the Big House where the chairs are a lot smaller if there's any justice left!
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

your posts say 🤬, but your eyes say 😍

admit it: you luuuuv ORANGE MAN

you wanna have his babee