Dr. Erickson COVID-19 Briefing

For philosophical reflections on the COVID-19 pandemic. How can philosophy help us to understand it, to combat it and to survive it?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

henry quirk

Re: Dr. Erickson COVID-19 Briefing

Post by henry quirk »

Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

FFS.
It's the actual number of cases per day stupid.
No health service is capable of handling the numbers without a fucking lockdown.
Covid might not be massively fatal. But it is very virulent, incapacitating and massively INFECTIOUS.
96% survive, but that number is achievable BECAUSE the health service is able to supply CARE.
You you let the thing run without precautions the number of cases exceed the capacity of hospitals, respirators, and other facilities needed to achieve 96% success in treatment.
Simply for you drongos out there.
If too many people get infected at one time, then the success rate drops and a lot more people die.
This is the lesson learned from state to state during Spanish flu. States that took precautions had much lower death rates.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Of course.

Them bastids won't make it easy, so don't give up, Gloom... :thumbsup:
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

So some conspiracytard crap then. I suppose the clue was the three stooges singing its praises :roll:

https://theprepared.com/blog/dr-erickso ... sly-wrong/

This points out the 'osteopath's' contradictions and absurdities so naturally none of you clowns will bother reading it :lol: :lol:
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:21 pm So some conspiracytard crap then. I suppose the clue was the three stooges singing its praises :roll:

This points out the 'osteopath's' contradictions and absurdities so naturally none of you clowns will bother reading it :lol: :lol:
Did you watch the videos?
vegetariantaxidermy

henry quirk wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:42 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:21 pm So some conspiracytard crap then. I suppose the clue was the three stooges singing its praises :roll:

Why would I need to, any more than I would need to watch a David Icke's video about lizard aliens. Niether man has any credibility.
henry quirk

veg

Post by henry quirk »

Why would I need to(?)

Cuz, mebbe, you'd like to assess the material for yourself?

If you're comfortable with a stranger tellin' you what to think about another stranger, well, that's your business, but you never struck me as the follower-type.
vegetariantaxidermy

Re: veg

henry quirk wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 11:48 pm Did you watch the videos?

Why would I need to(?)

If you're comfortable with a stranger tellin' you what to think about another stranger, well, that's your business, but you never struck me as the follower-type.
It's been taken down, but the link I provided debunked his claims so I don't need to :)
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 11:56 pm

Why would I need to(?)

It's been taken down, but the link I provided debunked his claims so I don't need to :)
Gloom posted mirrors, and, some folks in the comment section of your link take exception with the article writer.

Bottom line: you'll let a stranger do your thinkin' and assessin' for you.

'nuff said.
vegetariantaxidermy

henry quirk wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 12:27 am

Why would I need to(?)

Gloom posted mirrors, and, some folks in the comment section of your link take exception with the article writer.

'nuff said.
It depends on the 'strangers' credentials and credibility. And you are completely wrong. I'm doing my own thinking regarding this virus. You should have noticed that. There are no 'experts' so all we can do is analyse the figures that we have. I don't need an 'expert' to tell me that China's figures are absurd as one example. Not sure what it's up to with that one. I also don't think that the US' figures are any worse than many other places--but it's hard to tell with the available information.
But if that guy has a reputation as a conspriacytard who makes claims without evidence then is there any point in listening to him? There are only so many brain cells one can waste on stuff like that.
Don't think it's the same guy. The writeup I found said he's an osteopath conspiracy theorist. The man on that video appears to be a doctor. I'll have a listen.
Oh, it is the same guy. Osteopaths aren't doctors.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 1:17 am
henry quirk wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 12:27 am

'nuff said.
It depends on the 'strangers' credentials and credibility. And you are completely wrong. I'm doing my own thinking regarding this virus. You should have noticed that. There are no 'experts' so all we can do is analyse the figures that we have. I don't need an 'expert' to tell me that China's figures are absurd as one example. Not sure what it's up to with that one. I also don't think that the US' figures are any worse than many other places--but it's hard to tell with the available information.
But if that guy has a reputation as a conspriacytard who makes claims without evidence then is there any point in listening to him? There are only so many brain cells one can waste on stuff like that.
Don't think it's the same guy. The writeup I found said he's an osteopath conspiracy theorist. The man on that video appears to be a doctor. I'll have a listen.
Oh, it is the same guy. Osteopaths aren't doctors.
Do yourself a favor: watch the videos. Judge for yourself.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Sculptor wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 6:03 pm FFS.
It's the actual number of cases per day stupid.
No health service is capable of handling the numbers without a fucking lockdown.
Covid might not be massively fatal. But it is very virulent, incapacitating and massively INFECTIOUS.
96% survive, but that number is achievable BECAUSE the health service is able to supply CARE.
You you let the thing run without precautions the number of cases exceed the capacity of hospitals, respirators, and other facilities needed to achieve 96% success in treatment.
Simply for you drongos out there.
If too many people get infected at one time, then the success rate drops and a lot more people die.
This is the lesson learned from state to state during Spanish flu. States that took precautions had much lower death rates.
I see everyone has ignored you. I would just like to step up and say, bravo. 8)