Lockdown Protestors

For philosophical reflections on the COVID-19 pandemic. How can philosophy help us to understand it, to combat it and to survive it?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

vegetariantaxidermy

Re: Lockdown Protestors

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

FlashDangerpants wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 12:56 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 12:27 pm Which of my comments are you referring to? I'm the last one to drivel on about 'the economy'.
Erm...
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:55 pm
Arising_uk wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 3:32 pm Bit puzzled here as I thought you heartily disliked the idea of a globalised 'world economy'?
This is what is so annoying about most people. What difference does it make what I supposedly 'dislike'? (Although I'm pretty sure I've never discussed a 'global economy'). Perhaps I should have said 'world's economies'? Either way, they are all connected (mostly to China), and either way its not looking good.
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:53 am all the people who will die as a result of a collapsed economy
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 6:29 pm I wouldn't be at all surprised if they find that the mortality rate of corona is lower than the flu. There must be thousands of cases that people haven't even bothered to report because the symptoms were so mild. (I wonder if they discover this before or after the world economy has collapsed and the suicide rate has gone up 5000 percent).
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:28 am I'm inclined to agree and I hate conspiracy-theorists. Why the sudden worldwide concern by govts. for the elderly? Why risk the entire world economy and stability for a tiny portion of the population?
I was just stating facts there. Is anything there not true? Yes, the world has become economically dependent on China. Yes, many more people would die after a collapsed world economy than would from this virus. Unfortunately what is good for the planet is also not good for our present lifestyle. It had to end, but you are probably right. 'Economies' will recover quickly and we will be right back to square one.
You have carefully cherry-picked OUT my comments regarding 'booming economies'. (But I hope you had fun trowling through my comments. I was well aware of all of them). When I say 'drivel on about he economy' I am referring to those 'neo-lib' types like Henry who think an indefinitely growing economy is the be all and end all of everything (without even knowing what 'growing economy' means). You hear them every election year. It seems to me that our country did a lot better BEFORE the concept of a 'booming economy' was even thought of. Better standard of living. Better health care. Better education system.....
Last edited by vegetariantaxidermy on Sun Apr 26, 2020 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vegetariantaxidermy

Re: Age

Sculptor wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 1:47 pm
Gary Childress wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 8:43 pm
Sculptor wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 9:55 am
VT did not say "vast majority", she said "ALL"
Yes, but my point is, where she lives it could very well be that all of those who died had underlying conditions. It's not outside the possibility presented by the data on that site you linked to.
Where she lives?? Oh please!
Yes. Where I live, fuckface. That's what my comment was and what you claimed was FALSE

I've noticed how illiterate you have got lately. Can't read and can't write. Perhaps the dementia will get you before the virus will.

And you do realise that your kunt of a country has been bombing Iraq while this pandemic is going on don't you? Shame it didn't get your arsehole of a PM.

https://www.ppu.org.uk/news/revealed-mo ... v_dhFVEyiY
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 7:21 pm
Sculptor wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 5:39 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 7:24 pm

Still don't understaind what the word HERE means?
I don't give a fuck about your house. Most people think "here" is bigger than your bedsit.
Fuck you, you bitter old kunt. A country isn't a house you weird old 'academic' turd. And yeah, ex chain smokers who've had chemo are at risk everywhere from this virus--and from everything else (including second wave cancer).

You just can't stand to admit when you are wrong and have made a complete arse of yourself. Why do YOU only mention the US then?
LOL
Every country on earth is demonstrating exactly the same data on deaths.
Unless you live on Mars, or a planet populated by Vegan feminazis, the same applies to you and wherever the fuck "here" might be.
vegetariantaxidermy

Sculptor wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:10 pm
Sculptor wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 5:39 pm

I don't give a fuck about your house. Most people think "here" is bigger than your bedsit.
Fuck you, you bitter old kunt. A country isn't a house you weird old 'academic' turd. And yeah, ex chain smokers who've had chemo are at risk everywhere from this virus--and from everything else (including second wave cancer).

You just can't stand to admit when you are wrong and have made a complete arse of yourself. Why do YOU only mention the US then?
LOL
Unless you live on Mars, or a planet populated by Vegan feminazis, the same applies to you and wherever the fuck "here" might be.
Keep digging moron.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:11 pm

LOL
Keep digging moron.
Planet Feminazi it is then.
In what constellation is that?
vegetariantaxidermy

Re: Robot Overlord

FlashDangerpants wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 1:55 pm
henry quirk wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 1:21 pm
FlashDangerpants wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 11:08 am
You said it would be forgotten by the end of April last time.
i think I said it would be apparent, by April 30th, that beer virus was not the apocalypse.

Never said it would be forgotten.

In fact, I'm pretty much sure I said the folks who are benefitin' from beer virus, would go on and on and on bangin' the doom drum, even if the facts say otherwise.
Well it looks like we have an opportunity to catch you and Veggie completely denying easily searched things you wrote all in one hit...
henry quirk wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:05 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 5:46 pm

And in the meantime countless businesses will have been destroyed along with the world economy. I feel as if I'm missing something. I don't feel any more scared of getting it than I do the flu. There was none of this hysteria over swine flu, or bird flu, or SARS, or any of the other doomsday false alarms we've had in recent years.
Yep. That's what I mean by the effects of dumbassery and hysteria, on the other hand, will be with us for a while longer.

A whole whack of misery for nuthin' ('cept pushin' agendas and throwin' crap).
As for the sheer hypocrisy of Henry accusing me of cherry picking what to reply to. Well that's just fucking stupid.
And yes, I do find it strange that politicians who cared about nothing except their 'booming economies' now give a flying rat's arse about people, expecially when those countries are continuing to bomb countries (that, irony upon irony, are struggling with the said virus). I guess 'stay home and save lives' doesn't apply to the military.
vegetariantaxidermy

Sculptor wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:14 pm
LOL
Keep digging moron.
So, a misogynist as well as a racist. How unusual for your typical bog standard PCfuckturd :roll:
It doesn't matter what facts I give you, misogynistic thugs like you will never admit when they are in the wrong.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:19 pm
Sculptor wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:14 pm

Keep digging moron.
So, a misogynist as well as a racist. How unusual for your typical bog standard PCfuckturd :roll:
It doesn't matter what facts I give you, misogynistic thugs like you will never admit when they are in the wrong.
FEMINAZI
FlashDangerpants

Post by FlashDangerpants »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 7:31 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 12:27 pm Which of my comments are you referring to? I'm the last one to drivel on about 'the economy'.
Erm...
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:55 pm

This is what is so annoying about most people. What difference does it make what I supposedly 'dislike'? (Although I'm pretty sure I've never discussed a 'global economy'). Perhaps I should have said 'world's economies'? Either way, they are all connected (mostly to China), and either way its not looking good.
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:53 am all the people who will die as a result of a collapsed economy
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 6:29 pm I wouldn't be at all surprised if they find that the mortality rate of corona is lower than the flu. There must be thousands of cases that people haven't even bothered to report because the symptoms were so mild. (I wonder if they discover this before or after the world economy has collapsed and the suicide rate has gone up 5000 percent).
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:28 am I'm inclined to agree and I hate conspiracy-theorists. Why the sudden worldwide concern by govts. for the elderly? Why risk the entire world economy and stability for a tiny portion of the population?
I was just stating facts there. Is anything there not true? Yes, the world has become economically dependent on China. Yes, many more people would die after a collapsed world economy than would from this virus. Unfortunately what is good for the planet is also not good for our present lifestyle. It had to end, but you are probably right. 'Economies' will recover quickly and we will be right back to square one.
You have carefully cherry-picked OUT my comments regarding 'booming economies'. (But I hope you had fun trowling through my comments. I was well aware of all of them). When I say 'drivel on about he economy' I am referring to those 'neo-lib' types like Henry who think an indefinitely growing economy is the be all and end all of everything (without even knowing what 'growing economy' means). You hear them every election year. It seems to me that our country did a lot better BEFORE the concept of a 'booming economy' was even thought of. Better standard of living. Better health care. Better education system.....
So you have explicitly drivelled on about the economy, and now you are resorting to special pleading.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Public Health England estimates that on average 17,000 people have died from the flu in England annually between 2014/15 and 2018/19. However, the yearly deaths vary widely from a high of 28,330 in 2014/15 to a low of 1,692 in 2018/19.

In just one month Covid-19 has claimed more than the average annual death, and by the end of the week shall have reached or exceeed the maximum flu deaths for the worst year this century.

So, DESPITE A LOCKDOWN, this virus is the worst thing any of us has seen in our adult lives.
vegetariantaxidermy

FlashDangerpants wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 9:42 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 7:31 pm
Erm...

So you have explicitly drivelled on about the economy, and now you are resorting to special pleading.
Not my fault you are a moron with no reading comprehension. You 'explicitly' put me in a box with Henry.
Last edited by vegetariantaxidermy on Sun Apr 26, 2020 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vegetariantaxidermy

Sculptor wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 10:57 pm Public Health England estimates that on average 17,000 people have died from the flu in England annually between 2014/15 and 2018/19. However, the yearly deaths vary widely from a high of 28,330 in 2014/15 to a low of 1,692 in 2018/19.

In just one month Covid-19 has claimed more than the average annual death, and by the end of the week shall have reached or exceeed the maximum flu deaths for the worst year this century.

So, DESPITE A LOCKDOWN, this virus is the worst thing any of us has seen in our adult lives.
Oh fuck off and get back in your bubble. How 'karmic' that the two biggest wankers on the planet--England and the US-- are struggling so much. But how nice that England still manages to 'keep in touch' with Iraq in these 'difficult times' . 'Stay home and save lives' (unless you are bombing people).
FlashDangerpants

Post by FlashDangerpants »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 11:12 pm
FlashDangerpants wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 9:42 pm So you have explicitly drivelled on about the economy, and now you are resorting to special pleading.
Not my fault you are a moron with no reading comprehension. You 'explicitely' put me in a box with Henry.
Yawn. You drivelled about the economy. Stop bullshitting me.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Sculptor wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 5:37 pm
Gary Childress wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 2:02 pm
Sculptor wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 1:47 pm

Where she lives?? Oh please!
What are you so upset about?
You would not ask that if you knew the kind of post she makes to me.

The fact is the the virus can kill people of any age regardless of geography and health.
"Where she lives"; could be defined as anything from planet earth to her house. Well fine I accept that she might not have seen a person die in her house of corona with no underlying conditions, but lets be reasonable about this.
The death toll is increasing every day, despite the lockdown, without let up, except in China (thought she thinks that is a lie), and is not showing any signs of slowing down. The number of deaths where no underlying condition is present is clear, and what goes as "underlying condition" can be a very simple thing such as mild diabetes, or asthma.
I see. My apologies. She gives me a difficult time sometimes too but I've mostly gotten used to it and have since learned to mostly tune out the rough parts.

As far as the virus, I agree it is scary. I think some people aren't being quite as understanding toward those more vulnerable to the disease, however, I can also understand their desire to get society back to normal. Either way, with or without shutting down economic activity, people are going to be hurting.
vegetariantaxidermy

Gary Childress wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 11:33 pm
Sculptor wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 5:37 pm
Gary Childress wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 2:02 pm

What are you so upset about?
You would not ask that if you knew the kind of post she makes to me.

The fact is the the virus can kill people of any age regardless of geography and health.
"Where she lives"; could be defined as anything from planet earth to her house. Well fine I accept that she might not have seen a person die in her house of corona with no underlying conditions, but lets be reasonable about this.
The death toll is increasing every day, despite the lockdown, without let up, except in China (thought she thinks that is a lie), and is not showing any signs of slowing down. The number of deaths where no underlying condition is present is clear, and what goes as "underlying condition" can be a very simple thing such as mild diabetes, or asthma.
I see. My apologies. She gives me a difficult time sometimes too but I've mostly gotten used to it and have since learned to mostly tune out the rough parts.

As far as the virus, I agree it is scary. I think some people aren't being quite as understanding toward those more vulnerable to the disease, however, I can also understand their desire to get society back to normal. Either way, with or without shutting down economic activity, people are going to be hurting.
What the fuck are you apologising for? What I said was TRUE you spineless twit! GROW SOME!