Lockdown Protestors

For philosophical reflections on the COVID-19 pandemic. How can philosophy help us to understand it, to combat it and to survive it?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

vegetariantaxidermy

Re: Age

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Sculptor wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:34 am
Gary Childress wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 11:33 pm
Sculptor wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 5:37 pm
You would not ask that if you knew the kind of post she makes to me.

The fact is the the virus can kill people of any age regardless of geography and health.
"Where she lives"; could be defined as anything from planet earth to her house. Well fine I accept that she might not have seen a person die in her house of corona with no underlying conditions, but lets be reasonable about this.
The death toll is increasing every day, despite the lockdown, without let up, except in China (thought she thinks that is a lie), and is not showing any signs of slowing down. The number of deaths where no underlying condition is present is clear, and what goes as "underlying condition" can be a very simple thing such as mild diabetes, or asthma.
I see. My apologies. She gives me a difficult time sometimes too but I've mostly gotten used to it and have since learned to mostly tune out the rough parts.

As far as the virus, I agree it is scary. I think some people aren't being quite as understanding toward those more vulnerable to the disease, however, I can also understand their desire to get society back to normal. Either way, with or without shutting down economic activity, people are going to be hurting.
What seems to be happening now amongst the skeptics, is that they are criticising the lockdown based on the low numbers, without recognising that the numbers are low BECAUSE of a successful lockdown.
The other part of their (ahem!) "critique" is that 96% survive whilst amongst the dead only 10% were perfectly healthy. As if these dead and their families were of no consequence.
None of these numbers are relevant without a lockdown, since the availability of care for severe cases would utterly change to massively increase morbidity and lower base survival rates, amongst the perfectly healthy as well as those with minor pre-existing conditions.
What does that have to do with the dropkick's nauseating 'apology'? Do you know what 'sCeptic' means? I wasn't being 'sCeptical', I was simply stating the numbers, which are not in dispute, HERE. YOU are the one who keeps reporting the number of deaths in the US. You hypocritical wank job. So it's ok when it suits YOU, while telling everyone else that they can't mention individual countries. More of your typical PCturd wanky double standards. How do you lot stand yourselves?
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 10:20 am

I see. My apologies. She gives me a difficult time sometimes too but I've mostly gotten used to it and have since learned to mostly tune out the rough parts.

As far as the virus, I agree it is scary. I think some people aren't being quite as understanding toward those more vulnerable to the disease, however, I can also understand their desire to get society back to normal. Either way, with or without shutting down economic activity, people are going to be hurting.
What seems to be happening now amongst the skeptics, is that they are criticising the lockdown based on the low numbers, without recognising that the numbers are low BECAUSE of a successful lockdown.
The other part of their (ahem!) "critique" is that 96% survive whilst amongst the dead only 10% were perfectly healthy. As if these dead and their families were of no consequence.
None of these numbers are relevant without a lockdown, since the availability of care for severe cases would utterly change to massively increase morbidity and lower base survival rates, amongst the perfectly healthy as well as those with minor pre-existing conditions.
What does that have to do with the dropkick's nauseating 'apology'? Do you know what 'sCeptic' means? I wasn't being 'sCeptical', I was simply stating the numbers, which are not in dispute, HERE. YOU are the one who keeps reporting the number of deaths in the US. You hypocritical wank job. So it's ok when it suits YOU, while telling everyone else that they can't mention individual countries. More of your typical PCturd wanky double standards. How do you lot stand yourselves?
The pattern of morality does not discriminate.
And I do not give a fuck what happens in your sad little bed-sitter, where only your 80 year old incestuous father/lover has managed to avoid the virus.
vegetariantaxidermy

Sculptor wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 11:32 am

And I do not give a fuck what happens in your sad little bed-sitter, where only your 80 year old incestuous father/lover has managed to avoid the virus.
:lol: :lol: :lol: Actually Sweden is doing a lot better than pommyland, and it didn't have a lockdown. Perhaps that's because they are more civilised than you lot? Glad I don't live in England. I would hate to think I was being forced to stay home to 'protect' an abominable old kunt like you.
vegetariantaxidermy

Re: Lockdown Protestors

FlashDangerpants wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 10:14 am
Sculptor wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:27 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 11:12 pm

Not my fault you are a moron with no reading comprehension. You 'explicitly' put me in a box with Henry.
You'd love to be in a box with Henry, so you can dissolve him with your saliva and eat him.
I too would lick Henry all over till he is reduced like a consumed popsicle to nothing but a stick.
I think he would shoot you first.
Dontaskme

Re: Lockdown

Post by Dontaskme »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 11:39 am Actually Sweden is doing a lot better than pommyland, and it didn't have a lockdown. Perhaps that's because they are more civilised than you lot?

People in general know they are not going to get out of life alive.

This current natural health crisis shows that truth to the people, and people are not stupid, they know the risks, they know that there are risks in any event they dare to participate in, even walking down ones own staircase in the home can kill them.

The really issue here, is that the ruling elite known to be the 1% cannot control the remaining 99% population.

The onus is on individual common sense, and so a country like Sweden knows this, because their leader made it public, he announced on Tv that the swedish people are not stupid.

I admire that kind of leadership, it's kind of reckless and fearless. Ultimately,adults should be treated as such, and not be treated like they cannot think for themself. But for a small child it is wise to shield them from danger while at the same time allowing them to go their own way.

''If you live with insane people, then to be sane is dangerous. ... Either bring your potential to actuality or go inwards to find yourself, but do ... ''You should live in the world but remain untouched by it. ... If I say something, wait, search, and you will find the way..''

Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 11:39 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: Actually Sweden is doing a lot better than pommyland, and it didn't have a lockdown. Perhaps that's because they are more civilised than you lot? Glad I don't live in England. I would hate to think I was being forced to stay home to 'protect' an abominable old kunt like you.
Sweden is also following precautions such as voluntary quarantine ;social distancing, and more care with hygene.
Despite these measures and having a much lower population density, the virus is still winning an killing the healthy and the young.
vegetariantaxidermy

Sculptor wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:32 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 11:39 am
Sweden is also following precautions such as voluntary quarantine ;social distancing, and more care with hygene.
Despite these measures and having a much lower population density, the virus is still winning an killing the healthy and the young.
Here's Sweden's statistics. No mention of the state of health of any of the deaths though, so perhaps you could post your information.
https://www.statista.com/statistics/110 ... ge-groups/

That would be 95% over the age of 60. That doesn't sound like a virus to me--it sounds like a god send.
Last edited by vegetariantaxidermy on Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

What is wrong with being civil? I generally feel bad when I've been unfair to others.
vegetariantaxidermy

Gary Childress wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:53 pm

What is wrong with being civil? I generally feel bad when I've been unfair to others.
Are you mentally retarded?
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:55 pm

No. You seem to have some kind of problem, though. Seriously.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Gary Childress wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:57 pm

She used to be nice, rational, and even tempered.
Either she's gone off the rails, or her identity has been taken.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Sculptor wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 1:31 pm

It's the Internet. It brings out the worst in all of us, I think.
vegetariantaxidermy

Sculptor wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 1:31 pm

I could say the same about you...
vegetariantaxidermy

Sculptor wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 1:32 pm RIP
Tim Brooke-Taylor
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tim_Brooke-Taylor
My favourite Goody. Shame it wasn't your horrible PM instead.