perspective, numbers, facts

For philosophical reflections on the COVID-19 pandemic. How can philosophy help us to understand it, to combat it and to survive it?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

User avatar
henry quirk
Posts: 8415
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 8:07 pm

Post by henry quirk »

FlashDangerpants wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 9:06 am stuff
:thumbsup:
User avatar
henry quirk
Posts: 8415
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 8:07 pm

shameless propaganda

Post by henry quirk »

only two numbers today...

20,630,687

...and...

282,244

the first: all the folks who *kicked the bucket since the beginning of '20

the second: all the folks who've officially been offed by beer virus

in the first: all these deaths don't mean diddly-squat...no doubt, dependin' on the death: people grieve, doctors work, criminals are pursued, but -- overall -- 20,630,687 people dyin' in four months doesn't mean much

in the second: these deaths have rationalized massive increases in surveillance, vast disruptions of individual liberties, and -- of course -- economies, large and small, bein' blunted

now, I could spell it out, preach it loud, but -- as in everything -- some will get it, no matter how sparse I am; others won't get it, no matter how wordy I am

I opt to stay lean









*for all kinds of reasons: heart attacks, cancers, gun shots, fallin' offa roofs, the drizzlin' shits, chokin' on peanuts, bee stings, drownings, allergies, influenzas, constipations, seizures, hangings, and on and on and on...pretty much: if there's a way to die outside of beer virus, folks are partakin', in large ways, every day
User avatar
henry quirk
Posts: 8415
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 8:07 pm

https://swprs.org/ archive & analysis

Post by henry quirk »

Facts about Covid-19: https://swprs.org/a-swiss-doctor-on-covid-19/

Studies on Covid-19 lethality: https://swprs.org/studies-on-covid-19-lethality/

On Corona, the Media, and Propaganda: https://swprs.org/corona-media-propaganda/

Open Letter from Professor Sucharit Bhakdi to German Chancellor Dr. Angela Merkel: https://swprs.org/open-letter-from-prof ... la-merkel/

When accessin' the various embedded links, have an on-line page translator handy.
User avatar
henry quirk
Posts: 8415
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 8:07 pm

stuff you don't wanna know or think about...

Post by henry quirk »

https://unlockthelockdown.com/

-----

https://swprs.org/

keep an on-line translator open...you'll need it
User avatar
henry quirk
Posts: 8415
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 8:07 pm

updated, for your inconvenience

Post by henry quirk »

https://swprs.org/a-swiss-doctor-on-covid-19/

Overview

According to data from the best-studied countries and regions, the lethality of Covid19 is on average about 0.2%, which is in the range of a severe influenza (flu) and about ten times lower than originally assumed by the WHO.

Even in the global “hotspots”, the risk of death for the general population of school and working age is typically in the range of a daily car ride to work. The risk was initially overestimated because many people with only mild or no symptoms were not taken into account.

Up to 80% of all test-positive persons remain symptom-free. Even among 70-79 year olds, about 60% remain symptom-free. Over 95% of all persons develop mild symptoms at most.

Up to 60% of all persons may already have a certain cellular background immunity to Covid19 due to contact with previous coronaviruses (i.e. common cold viruses).

The median or average age of the deceased in most countries (including Italy) is over 80 years and only about 4% of the deceased had no serious preconditions. The age and risk profile of deaths thus essentially corresponds to normal mortality.
In many countries, up to two thirds of all extra deaths occurred in nursing homes, which do not benefit from a general lockdown. Moreover, in many cases it is not clear whether these people really died from Covid19 or from extreme stress, fear and loneliness.

Up to 50% of all additional deaths may have been caused not by Covid19, but by the effects of the lockdown, panic and fear. For example, the treatment of heart attacks and strokes decreased by up to 60% because many patients no longer dared to go to hospital.

Even in so-called “Covid19 deaths” it is often not clear whether they died from or with coronavirus (i.e. from underlying diseases) or if they were counted as “presumed cases” and not tested at all. However, official figures usually do not reflect this distinction.

Many media reports of young and healthy people dying from Covid19 turned out to be false: many of these young people either did not die from Covid19, they had already been seriously ill (e.g. from undiagnosed leukaemia), or they were in fact 109 instead of 9 years old. The claimed increase in Kawasaki disease in children also turned out to be false.

The normal overall mortality per day is about 8000 people in the US, about 2600 in Germany and about 1800 in Italy. Influenza mortality per season is up to 80,000 in the US and up to 25,000 in Germany and Italy. In several countries Covid19 deaths remained below strong flu seasons.

Regional increases in mortality can occur if there is a collapse in the care of the elderly and sick as a result of infection or panic, or if there are additional risk factors such as severe air pollution. Special regulations for dealing with the deceased sometimes led to additional bottlenecks in funeral or cremation services.

In countries such as Italy and Spain, and to some extent the UK and the US, hospital overloads due to strong flu waves are not unusual. In addition, thousands of doctors and health workers are now being put into quarantine, even if they develop no symptoms.

The often shown exponential curves of “corona cases” are misleading, as the number of tests also increased exponentially. In most countries, the ratio of positive tests to tests overall (i.e. the positive rate) remained constant at 5% to 25% or increased only slightly. In many countries, the peak of the spread was already reached well before the lockdown.

Countries without curfews and contact bans, such as Japan, South Korea or Sweden, have not experienced a more negative course of events than other countries. Sweden was even praised by the WHO and now benefits from higher immunity compared to lockdown countries.

The fear of a shortage of ventilators was unjustified. According to lung specialists, the invasive ventilation (intubation) of Covid19 patients, which is partly done out of fear of spreading the virus, is in fact often counterproductive and damaging to the lungs.

Contrary to original assumptions, various studies have shown that there is no evidence of the virus spreading through aerosols (i.e. tiny particles floating in the air) or through smear infections (e.g. on door handles or smartphones). The main modes of transmission are direct contact and droplets produced when coughing or sneezing.

There is also no scientific evidence for the effectiveness of face masks in healthy or asymptomatic individuals. On the contrary, experts warn that such masks interfere with normal breathing and may become “germ carriers”. Leading doctors called them a “media hype” and “ridiculous”.

Many clinics in Europe and the US remained strongly underutilized or almost empty during the Covid19 peak and in some cases had to send staff home. Numerous operations and therapies were cancelled, including many cancer screenings and organ transplants.

Several media were caught trying to dramatize the situation in hospitals, sometimes even with manipulative images and videos. In general, the unprofessional reporting of many media maximized fear and panic in the population.

The virus test kits used internationally are prone to errors and can produce false positive and false negative results. Moreover, the official virus test was not clinically validated due to time pressure and may sometimes react positive to other coronaviruses.

Numerous internationally renowned experts in the fields of virology, immunology and epidemiology consider the measures taken to be counterproductive and recommend rapid natural immunisation of the general population and protection of risk groups. The risks for children are virtually zero and closing schools was never medically warranted.

Several medical experts described vaccines against coronaviruses as unnecessary or even dangerous. Indeed, the vaccine against the so-called swine flu of 2009, for example, led to sometimes severe neurological damage and lawsuits in the millions.

The number of people suffering from unemployment, psychological problems and domestic violence as a result of the measures has reached historic record values. Several experts predict that the measures will claim more lives than the virus itself. According to the UN millions of people around the world may fall into absolute poverty and famine.

NSA whistleblower Edward Snowden warned that the “corona crisis” will be used for the massive and permanent expansion of global surveillance. The renowned virologist Pablo Goldschmidt spoke of a “global media terror” and “totalitarian measures”. Leading British virologist professor John Oxford spoke of a “media epidemic”.

More than 500 scientists have warned against an “unprecedented surveillance of society” through problematic apps for “contact tracing”. In some countries, such “contact tracing” is already carried out directly by the secret service. In several parts of the world, the population is already being monitored by drones and facing serious police overreach.

A 2019 WHO study on public health measures against pandemic influenza found that from a medical perspective, “contact tracing” is “not recommended in any circumstances”.

-----

thread renamed: hypocrisy averted
User avatar
SpheresOfBalance
Posts: 5482
Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2011 4:27 pm
Location: On a Star Dust Metamorphosis

Re: https://swprs.org/ archive & analysis

Post by SpheresOfBalance »

henry quirk wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 12:16 am Facts about Covid-19: https://swprs.org/a-swiss-doctor-on-covid-19/

Studies on Covid-19 lethality: https://swprs.org/studies-on-covid-19-lethality/

On Corona, the Media, and Propaganda: https://swprs.org/corona-media-propaganda/

Open Letter from Professor Sucharit Bhakdi to German Chancellor Dr. Angela Merkel: https://swprs.org/open-letter-from-prof ... la-merkel/

When accessin' the various embedded links, have an on-line page translator handy.
So you picked the dude that suited you, so what!
The question is not the percentage of death chance, rather who can necessarily 'know' they won't be part of that percentage. Can you say you know? The fact is no one can know. So jump off a 100 story building, with no means to survive, I surely won't mind! ;-)
User avatar
henry quirk
Posts: 8415
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 8:07 pm

Re: https://swprs.org/ archive & analysis

Post by henry quirk »

SpheresOfBalance wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:21 pm
henry quirk wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 12:16 am Facts about Covid-19: https://swprs.org/a-swiss-doctor-on-covid-19/

Studies on Covid-19 lethality: https://swprs.org/studies-on-covid-19-lethality/

On Corona, the Media, and Propaganda: https://swprs.org/corona-media-propaganda/

Open Letter from Professor Sucharit Bhakdi to German Chancellor Dr. Angela Merkel: https://swprs.org/open-letter-from-prof ... la-merkel/

When accessin' the various embedded links, have an on-line page translator handy.
So you picked the dude that suited you, so what!
The question is not the percentage of death chance, rather who can necessarily 'know' they won't be part of that percentage. Can you say you know? The fact is no one can know. So jump off a 100 story building, with no means to survive, I surely won't mind! ;-)
What dude?
User avatar
SpheresOfBalance
Posts: 5482
Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2011 4:27 pm
Location: On a Star Dust Metamorphosis

Re: https://swprs.org/ archive & analysis

Post by SpheresOfBalance »

henry quirk wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:40 pm
SpheresOfBalance wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:21 pm
henry quirk wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 12:16 am Facts about Covid-19: https://swprs.org/a-swiss-doctor-on-covid-19/

Studies on Covid-19 lethality: https://swprs.org/studies-on-covid-19-lethality/

On Corona, the Media, and Propaganda: https://swprs.org/corona-media-propaganda/

Open Letter from Professor Sucharit Bhakdi to German Chancellor Dr. Angela Merkel: https://swprs.org/open-letter-from-prof ... la-merkel/

When accessin' the various embedded links, have an on-line page translator handy.
So you picked the dude that suited you, so what!
The question is not the percentage of death chance, rather who can necessarily 'know' they won't be part of that percentage. Can you say you know? The fact is no one can know. So jump off a 100 story building, with no means to survive, I surely won't mind! ;-)
What dude?
You don't have to play it, you are the epitome of it!
User avatar
henry quirk
Posts: 8415
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 8:07 pm

Re: https://swprs.org/ archive & analysis

Post by henry quirk »

SpheresOfBalance wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:23 am
henry quirk wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:40 pm
SpheresOfBalance wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:21 pm
So you picked the dude that suited you, so what!
The question is not the percentage of death chance, rather who can necessarily 'know' they won't be part of that percentage. Can you say you know? The fact is no one can know. So jump off a 100 story building, with no means to survive, I surely won't mind! ;-)
What dude?
You don't have to play it, you are the epitome of it!
Seriously, you say I picked the dude who suited me: what dude are you talkin' about?
User avatar
SpheresOfBalance
Posts: 5482
Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2011 4:27 pm
Location: On a Star Dust Metamorphosis

Re: https://swprs.org/ archive & analysis

Post by SpheresOfBalance »

henry quirk wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 1:04 am
SpheresOfBalance wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:23 am
henry quirk wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:40 pm

What dude?
You don't have to play it, you are the epitome of it!
Seriously, you say I picked the dude who suited me: what dude are you talkin' about?
Seriously, if you have a problem with context, regarding my attachment to your post, well let's just say that in the past it would surely seem, I've given you far too much credit. Unless of course, since I've been away you've had some sort of brain damage, in which case I'd apologize for thinking you're just as brain healthy as you were. Really? Come on... My leg surely feels like it's being stretched...
User avatar
henry quirk
Posts: 8415
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 8:07 pm

Re: https://swprs.org/ archive & analysis

Post by henry quirk »

SpheresOfBalance wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 1:16 am
henry quirk wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 1:04 am
SpheresOfBalance wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:23 am
You don't have to play it, you are the epitome of it!
Seriously, you say I picked the dude who suited me: what dude are you talkin' about?
Seriously, if you have a problem with context, regarding my attachment to your post, well let's just say that in the past it would surely seem, I've given you far too much credit. Unless of course, since I've been away you've had some sort of brain damage, in which case I'd apologize for thinking you're just as brain healthy as you were. Really? Come on... My leg surely feels like it's being stretched...
let's review: you posted this...

-----

henry quirk wrote: ↑Thu May 21, 2020 6:16 pm
Facts about Covid-19: https://swprs.org/a-swiss-doctor-on-covid-19/

Studies on Covid-19 lethality: https://swprs.org/studies-on-covid-19-lethality/

On Corona, the Media, and Propaganda: https://swprs.org/corona-media-propaganda/

Open Letter from Professor Sucharit Bhakdi to German Chancellor Dr. Angela Merkel: https://swprs.org/open-letter-from-prof ... la-merkel/

When accessin' the various embedded links, have an on-line page translator handy.
So you picked the dude that suited you, so what!
The question is not the percentage of death chance, rather who can necessarily 'know' they won't be part of that percentage. Can you say you know? The fact is no one can know. So jump off a 100 story building, with no means to survive, I surely won't mind! ;-)

-----

I asked what dude?

The only dude in the links is the professor, but -- if you actually reviewed the links -- you know I didn't pick him.

look here: https://swprs.org/contact/

As you can see, the folks who run SPR picked him.

So: what dude did I pick?
User avatar
SpheresOfBalance
Posts: 5482
Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2011 4:27 pm
Location: On a Star Dust Metamorphosis

Re: https://swprs.org/ archive & analysis

Post by SpheresOfBalance »

henry quirk wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 1:57 am
SpheresOfBalance wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 1:16 am
henry quirk wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 1:04 am

Seriously, you say I picked the dude who suited me: what dude are you talkin' about?
Seriously, if you have a problem with context, regarding my attachment to your post, well let's just say that in the past it would surely seem, I've given you far too much credit. Unless of course, since I've been away you've had some sort of brain damage, in which case I'd apologize for thinking you're just as brain healthy as you were. Really? Come on... My leg surely feels like it's being stretched...
let's review: you posted this...

-----

henry quirk wrote: ↑Thu May 21, 2020 6:16 pm
Facts about Covid-19: https://swprs.org/a-swiss-doctor-on-covid-19/

Studies on Covid-19 lethality: https://swprs.org/studies-on-covid-19-lethality/

On Corona, the Media, and Propaganda: https://swprs.org/corona-media-propaganda/

Open Letter from Professor Sucharit Bhakdi to German Chancellor Dr. Angela Merkel: https://swprs.org/open-letter-from-prof ... la-merkel/

When accessin' the various embedded links, have an on-line page translator handy.
So you picked the dude that suited you, so what!
The question is not the percentage of death chance, rather who can necessarily 'know' they won't be part of that percentage. Can you say you know? The fact is no one can know. So jump off a 100 story building, with no means to survive, I surely won't mind! ;-)

-----

I asked what dude?

The only dude in the links is the professor, but -- if you actually reviewed the links -- you know I didn't pick him.

look here: https://swprs.org/contact/

As you can see, the folks who run SPR picked him.

So: what dude did I pick?
Every single link is to the exact same site. Who ever created that site, whether it be one or many, it really doesn't matter, It's all still from the same cherry picked singular perspective that you've bought into. For the truth to be apparent it's always wise to gather similar information from "many highly respected" sources.

These are the sites that fit that bill, probably more than any other:

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
https://www.harvard.edu/coronavirus
http://www.ox.ac.uk/news/2020-05-22-oxf ... man-trials
https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/map.html
https://www.cam.ac.uk/topics/covid-19
https://www.mayoclinic.org/coronavirus-covid-19
https://med.stanford.edu/covid19.html
User avatar
henry quirk
Posts: 8415
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 8:07 pm

Re: perspective, numbers, facts

Post by henry quirk »

Every single link is to the exact same site.

Which is nuthin' but an archive for materials from a whole whack of different sources (many cross-referencing with the links you posted).

You'd know this if you'd reviewed the site and the hundreds of embedded links.

But, you didn't, so you wasted your time, my time, for nuthin'.

Thanks.
User avatar
SpheresOfBalance
Posts: 5482
Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2011 4:27 pm
Location: On a Star Dust Metamorphosis

Re: perspective, numbers, facts

Post by SpheresOfBalance »

henry quirk wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:48 am Every single link is to the exact same site.

Which is nuthin' but an archive for materials from a whole whack of different sources (many cross-referencing with the links you posted).

You'd know this if you'd reviewed the site and the hundreds of embedded links.

But, you didn't, so you wasted your time, my time, for nuthin'.

Thanks.
Right over your head it went. Did you hear the woosh?

"...It's all still from the same cherry picked singular perspective..."
User avatar
henry quirk
Posts: 8415
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 8:07 pm

Re: perspective, numbers, facts

Post by henry quirk »

SpheresOfBalance wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:52 am
henry quirk wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:48 am Every single link is to the exact same site.

Which is nuthin' but an archive for materials from a whole whack of different sources (many cross-referencing with the links you posted).

You'd know this if you'd reviewed the site and the hundreds of embedded links.

But, you didn't, so you wasted your time, my time, for nuthin'.

Thanks.
Right over your head it went. Did you hear the woosh?

"...It's all still from the same cherry picked singular perspective..."
no more or less than any of the sites you listed which -- again -- are referenced in the SPR site

that is: all the other perspectives you're foistin' up are represented in the SPR

instead of lambastin' me for bein' narrow-minded you ought to be congratulatin' me for offerin' up a deep & wide examination of the data

but you won't any more than you'll dig into the site and read what's there

you've dismissed it, and me, for no good reason

'nuff said, to you, on this subject
Post Reply