perspective, numbers, facts

For philosophical reflections on the COVID-19 pandemic. How can philosophy help us to understand it, to combat it and to survive it?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

User avatar
henry quirk
Posts: 9971
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 8:07 pm

updates

Post by henry quirk »

User avatar
Lacewing
Posts: 4293
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:25 am

Re: perspective, numbers, facts

Post by Lacewing »

henry quirk wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 5:18 pm Trump's statements were awarded PolitiFact's 2015, 2017, and 2019 Lie of the Year.

PolitiFact: garbage site run by, and visited by, garbage people.

Of course, that's not really the point, is it?
The point is, he lies continually... and it is pointed out and verified continually by sources across the entire spectrum of platforms.
henry quirk wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 5:18 pm Trump is no saint, and he's no paragon: I didn't hire him to be those things.
But you believe what he says. You believe what he stands for. You believe what he claims he's going to do. Yes?

You also believe other people and sites/sources who believe him. Yes?

All based on a raging river of lies.

So where do you separate yourself from that, Henry? You perpetuate it continually... which means you must believe it.
User avatar
Lacewing
Posts: 4293
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:25 am

Re: perspective, numbers, facts

Post by Lacewing »

henry quirk wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:48 am he's currently the best single weapon I have against the slavers.
Do you not see his aspirations to be a dictator without any checks or challenges?

Do you think a dictatorship model in America leads to greater freedom for us?

How much trust are you putting into a man that could be pivoting us toward a horrible state? Destroying democracy and enabling mentally-imbalanced leaders to reign on their whims.
User avatar
henry quirk
Posts: 9971
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 8:07 pm

Re: perspective, numbers, facts

Post by henry quirk »

The point is, he lies continually... and it is pointed out and verified continually by sources across the entire spectrum of platforms.

Nope. Just hacks with axes.


But you believe what he says.

Nope. Pretty much everything he sez is designed to rile up folks like you.


You believe what he stands for.

Other than his bein' The Great Flummoxer, I could not care less what he stands for.


You believe what he claims he's going to do. Yes?

Nope. I hired him to wreck (your) shit: anything else he does is just gravy.


You also believe other people and sites/sources who believe him. Yes?

Nope. I watch raw footage on c-span, footage with no accompanying commentary.


All based on a raging river of lies.

Your bias is showin'


So where do you separate yourself from that, Henry? You perpetuate it continually... which means you must believe it.

Nope. Again: your bias is showin'.

-----

Do you not see his aspirations to be a dictator without any checks or challenges?

Nope. Just the opposite. But, I could be wrong: educate me...pony up some verifiable evidence.


Do you think a dictatorship model in America leads to greater freedom for us?

I think if folks like you and Belinda had your way, we'd all be leashed (for our own good, you'd say).

I fear the slavery imposed by the well-intentioned far more than the fiction you & yours foist up about ORANGE MAN.


How much trust are you putting into a man that could be pivoting us toward a horrible state?

I trust he'll keep pissin' in your pool.

The only horrible state I see comin' is yours.


Destroying democracy and enabling mentally-imbalanced leaders to reign on their whims.

Why are you bringin' up Obama?
User avatar
Lacewing
Posts: 4293
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:25 am

Re: perspective, numbers, facts

Post by Lacewing »

henry quirk wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 6:20 pm The point is, he lies continually... and it is pointed out and verified continually by sources across the entire spectrum of platforms.

Nope. Just hacks with axes.
Ah, so that's how you characterize anyone who points out his lies (including Fox News). Seriously, Henry... how can you deny his lies? Have you become incapable of discernment?
henry quirk wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 6:20 pm Nope. Pretty much everything he sez is designed to rile up folks like you.
Actually, everything he says is pretty much designed to glorify himself and rile up his supporters. It has nothing to do with me.

You give him far too much credit for being some kind of clever revolutionary. :lol: He is an egotistical man who enjoys adoration.
henry quirk wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 6:20 pm Other than his bein' The Great Flummoxer, I could not care less what he stands for.
Well, this explains why you have no ability to choose "which exactly" gets destroyed. You're just throwing bombs in all directions. Real smart.
henry quirk wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 6:20 pm Nope. I hired him to wreck (your) shit: anything else he does is just gravy.
You don't even know what you're talking about. You're just being destructive and lazy.
henry quirk wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 6:20 pm
Lacewing wrote:You also believe other people and sites/sources who believe him. Yes?
Nope. I watch raw footage on c-span, footage with no accompanying commentary.
Well, the skewed propaganda and divisiveness in your posts are from all different sources, are they not?
henry quirk wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 6:20 pm All based on a raging river of lies.
Your bias is showin'
Your denial and ignorance are showing.
henry quirk wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 6:20 pm
Lacewing wrote:Do you not see his aspirations to be a dictator without any checks or challenges?
Nope. Just the opposite. But, I could be wrong: educate me...pony up some verifiable evidence.
Pay attention to what he is saying and stop making excuses for him. I'm not going to waste energy pointing out obvious things that you already show you're intent on ignoring and denying.
henry quirk wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 6:20 pm I think if folks like you and Belinda had your way, we'd all be leashed (for our own good, you'd say).
I live more freely than most people, and I'm not going to offer to give that up based on anyone else's agenda. I'm not a rabid programmed follower like you are; I'm independent and resist all platforms. I'm not too intoxicated to recognize liars and fools. You can't even acknowledge the crap that you help to perpetuate: it's all golden, and everyone else is the enemy to destroy. When did you become such a pawn of blind rage?
henry quirk wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 6:20 pmI fear the slavery imposed by the well-intentioned far more than the fiction you & yours foist up about ORANGE MAN.
I think you should challenge ALL OF IT! Your dismissal of "fiction" gives it unchecked power, while you remain completely oblivious.
henry quirk wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 6:20 pm I trust he'll keep pissin' in your pool.
I don't have a pool, and I'll reflect his piss right back in his face.
henry quirk wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 6:20 pm The only horrible state I see comin' is yours.
Well, your blind rage is stupid and makes you delusional. We're all in this together, and you don't appear to care about much of anyone. Plus the fact that you can only see in black and white, so you're an extremist... along with all that entails. No ability to function with more awareness... just throwing crap in all directions like an ape. Fortunately, I have some very good Republican friends, so I know you are not representative of all Trump-supporters. Just a cranky old man filled with bitterness and hate, who feels power and significance from destructiveness.
User avatar
henry quirk
Posts: 9971
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 8:07 pm

Re: perspective, numbers, facts

Post by henry quirk »

how can you deny his lies?

Wasn't I clear? I don't deny his lies: I don't care about his lies. As I say: I didn't hire him to be saintly or paragon-like.


It has nothing to do with me.

Then why are you riled up and fixated?


You give him far too much credit for being some kind of clever revolutionary. :lol: He is an egotistical man who enjoys adoration.

Did I say he was clever or a revolutionary? He's a mediocre state capitalist (the remarkable part is he's a mediocre state capitalist takin' a piss on the heads of the state socialists and he's gettin' away with it).


Well, this explains why you have no ability to choose "which exactly" gets destroyed. You're just throwing bombs in all directions. Real smart.

Oh, the targets are clear: slavers (well-intentioned and not so well-intentioned). Truly liberty-minded folks aren't complainin' about Trump: only slaver-types have a problem with him.


You don't even know what you're talking about. You're just being destructive and lazy.

Sure I do. You, you're the one without a direction, without a clue. Open-minded = empty-headed.


Well, the skewed propaganda and divisiveness in your posts are from all different sources, are they not?

By your admission: you haven't read a jot of what I've posted in, for example, the beer virus sub-forum. No, someone else told you it was propaganda. Good girl (useful idiot).

And: you think I'm divisive only cuz I have viewpoint and stick to it. That's alien to you, it makes you uncomfortable.


Your denial and ignorance are showing.

Not agreein' with you is not denial or ignorance: it's just disagreement.


I'm not going to waste energy pointing out obvious things that you already show you're intent on ignoring and denying.

Yeah, I didn't expect you'd put your money where your mouth is: this ain't my first time goin' round the block with you, lace.


I live more freely than most people,

Gilded cages ain't freedom,


I think you should challenge ALL OF IT!

No you don't. You want me to think like you (which is a poor kinda thinkin').


I don't have a pool, and I'll reflect his piss right back in his face.

Nah, your fixation is proof enough: he lives in your head; your pool is nuthin' but ORANGE MAN piss.


Well, your blind rage is stupid and makes you delusional.

I ain't the one ragin'.


We're all in this together

No, we're not.


you don't appear to care about much of anyone.

The folks I love would tell you different.


Plus the fact that you can only see in black and white, so you're an extremist...

The world really is fairly black & white. You've been hoodwinked into an impotent relativism. In my book: you're the extremist.


No ability to function with more awareness...

That's kinda funny comin' from a gal operatin' with a high-school level of thinkin', feelin', etc.


just throwing crap in all directions like an ape.

I'm always very precise when I fling poop: ain't nuthin' willy-nilly about it.


Fortunately, I have some very good Republican friends

RINOs probably.


so I know you are not representative of all Trump-supporters.

I never said I was (but, really, how would you know?).


Just a cranky old man filled with bitterness and hate, who feels power and significance from destructiveness.

And you're just another silly, shallow twat lookin' for love in all the wrong places.
User avatar
henry quirk
Posts: 9971
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 8:07 pm

a site chockablock with information...

Post by henry quirk »

https://swprs.org/

...regularly updated

keep an on-line webpage or language translator open
User avatar
Lacewing
Posts: 4293
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:25 am

Re: perspective, numbers, facts

Post by Lacewing »

henry quirk wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:38 pm how can you deny his lies?

I don't deny his lies
Yes, you have. Even just now...
henry quirk wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 6:20 pm
Lacewing wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:11 pm The point is, he lies continually... and it is pointed out and verified continually by sources across the entire spectrum of platforms.
Nope. Just hacks with axes.

Yep. He lies. It's publicly recorded. Lots of people across all platforms see it. Some people still unfathomably try to deny it.
henry quirk wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:38 pm It has nothing to do with me.

Then why are you riled up and fixated?
It's simply what we're talking about.
henry quirk wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:38 pm You give him far too much credit for being some kind of clever revolutionary. :lol: He is an egotistical man who enjoys adoration.

Did I say he was clever or a revolutionary? He's a mediocre state capitalist (the remarkable part is he's a mediocre state capitalist takin' a piss on the heads of the state socialists and he's gettin' away with it).
I agree that's remarkable. But of course that doesn't mean it will lead to anything worthwhile. It could actually lower the bar so profoundly that we sink into a sludge worse than before.
henry quirk wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:38 pm Well, this explains why you have no ability to choose "which exactly" gets destroyed. You're just throwing bombs in all directions. Real smart.

Oh, the targets are clear: slavers (well-intentioned and not so well-intentioned). Truly liberty-minded folks aren't complainin' about Trump: only slaver-types have a problem with him.
Neither are true. Your false categorizations of people show that you don't even know your targets, and there are plenty of liberty-minded people who are disgusted with Trump. Pay attention!
henry quirk wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:38 pm You don't even know what you're talking about. You're just being destructive and lazy.

Sure I do. You, you're the one without a direction, without a clue. Open-minded = empty-headed.
Since when does open mean empty. Your cutesy comments are ignorant and childish.

If I had no direction or clue, I wouldn't have the life I have, Henry. Nobody handed it to me... I did it myself. You truly don't know what you're talking about, so you just make shit up. Truth is clearly your greatest enemy.
henry quirk wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:38 pm Well, the skewed propaganda and divisiveness in your posts are from all different sources, are they not?

By your admission: you haven't read a jot of what I've posted in, for example, the beer virus sub-forum.
What admission? I've responded to your posts at times. Although I avoid your posts for the most part, I see them when I'm reading posts by other people. So, yes, I'm aware of how dishonestly skewed and divisive your posts are, as well as the lame excuses and blowoffs you use on other people because you don't have the integrity to be accountable for your crap.
henry quirk wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:38 pm And: you think I'm divisive only cuz I have viewpoint and stick to it. That's alien to you, it makes you uncomfortable.
Nope, more of your bullshit.
henry quirk wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:38 pm Your denial and ignorance are showing.

Not agreein' with you is not denial or ignorance: it's just disagreement.
You use them ALL.
henry quirk wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:38 pm I'm not going to waste energy pointing out obvious things that you already show you're intent on ignoring and denying.

Yeah, I didn't expect you'd put your money where your mouth is: this ain't my first time goin' round the block with you, lace.
Clearly I don't care enough to play that game with you. :lol: You're not honorable enough to spend that kind of effort on.
henry quirk wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:38 pm I live more freely than most people,

Gilded cages ain't freedom,
Your imaginary bullshit.
henry quirk wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:38 pm I think you should challenge ALL OF IT!

No you don't. You want me to think like you (which is a poor kinda thinkin').
I DO think you should challenge ALL OF IT... and I don't give a crap whether you think like me. Challenge it for your own sake... for your own intelligence.
henry quirk wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:38 pm I don't have a pool, and I'll reflect his piss right back in his face.

Nah, your fixation is proof enough: he lives in your head; your pool is nuthin' but ORANGE MAN piss.
More of your stupid bullshit. This is a discussion.
henry quirk wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:38 pm Well, your blind rage is stupid and makes you delusional.

I ain't the one ragin'.
Opinions aren't raging, Henry. Spamming the forum with constant propaganda, as you do, is raging.
henry quirk wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:38 pm We're all in this together

No, we're not.
Depends on perspective. Yours is obviously very limited.
henry quirk wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:38 pm you don't appear to care about much of anyone.

The folks I love would tell you different.
Sure they would. That doesn't dispute what I said. And I think you've even acknowledged it before, yes?
henry quirk wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:38 pm Plus the fact that you can only see in black and white, so you're an extremist...

The world really is fairly black & white. You've been hoodwinked into an impotent relativism. In my book: you're the extremist.
That's your view... and we know how narrow and self-serving your view is.
henry quirk wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:38 pm No ability to function with more awareness...

That's kinda funny comin' from a gal operatin' with a high-school level of thinkin', feelin', etc.
Do you think awareness is associated with schooling? :lol:

Do you think it's intelligent that someone such as yourself makes up bullshit to try and justify the crap you want to believe?
henry quirk wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:38 pm just throwing crap in all directions like an ape.

I'm always very precise when I fling poop: ain't nuthin' willy-nilly about it.
Ah, that might be true. So maybe your aim is due to delusion or lack of intelligence.
henry quirk wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:38 pm Fortunately, I have some very good Republican friends

RINOs probably.
More of your bullshit.
henry quirk wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:38 pm Just a cranky old man filled with bitterness and hate, who feels power and significance from destructiveness.

And you're just another silly, shallow twat lookin' for love in all the wrong places.
I'm not that at all. But I can understand that you're just trying to come up with something stupidly snarky in response to my accurate assessment of you. :lol:
User avatar
henry quirk
Posts: 9971
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 8:07 pm

Re: perspective, numbers, facts

Post by henry quirk »

It's simply what we're talking about.

Nope. You claim this thread is full of propaganda (heaven forbid you'd sully yourself with such tripe), but as soon as ORANGE MAN was mentioned (sumthin' you could only know if you were diggin' around in the thread), you piped up.

As I say: he's livin' in your head (rent free).


plenty of liberty-minded people who are disgusted with Trump.

Nah, them are RINOS and fair weather folk, smooth talkers & used car salesmen. They support freedom like you support freedom (which is to say: not at all). Some small number are just too short-sighted to see Trump as a waystation, thinkin' instead he's an endpoint.


Your cutesy comments are ignorant and childish.

I know you are but what am I?


I wouldn't have the life I have, Henry.

Some life: you're welcome to it.


Although I avoid your posts for the most part

'nuff said


Clearly I don't care enough to play that game with you. :lol: You're not honorable enough to spend that kind of effort on.

You're doin' it right now , you say no, but you mean yes.


Challenge it for your own sake... for your own intelligence.

Translation: see it my way.


This is a discussion.

No, this is you, an amateur troll, goin' up against me, a master troll.


Do you think awareness is associated with schooling? :lol:

No, I said what I meant: you think, feel, act, like a high-school girl. Your awareness (of self & other) is that undeveloped.

I'm sayin' you're a child.


I'm not that at all.

Yeah, you are. Go, scribble in your journal about the mean old man.
User avatar
Lacewing
Posts: 4293
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:25 am

Re: perspective, numbers, facts

Post by Lacewing »

henry quirk wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 2:05 amhis usual shit
Enough of you and your garbage.
User avatar
henry quirk
Posts: 9971
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 8:07 pm

Re: perspective, numbers, facts

Post by henry quirk »

Lacewing wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 4:05 am
henry quirk wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 2:05 amhis usual shit
Enough of you and your garbage.
bye
User avatar
Lacewing
Posts: 4293
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:25 am

Re: perspective, numbers, facts

Post by Lacewing »

Henry neglected to title this thread truthfully: "Henry's perspective, numbers, facts"

He apparently thinks his perspective and information is not only the truth, but the only truth.

He rejects any information or challenges to the contrary because that's how limited his scope is, and that's how tied his identity is to it.

That's what this is really all about. It's about him.
User avatar
henry quirk
Posts: 9971
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 8:07 pm

Re: perspective, numbers, facts

Post by henry quirk »

Lacewing wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 3:52 pm Henry neglected to title this thread truthfully: "Henry's perspective, numbers, facts"

He apparently thinks his perspective and information is not only the truth, but the only truth.

He rejects any information or challenges to the contrary because that's how limited his scope is, and that's how tied his identity is to it.

That's what this is really all about. It's about him.
This thread is open to all: if you think I'm skewin' and distortin', post your own links, your own information, your own perspectives.
User avatar
henry quirk
Posts: 9971
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 8:07 pm

updates

Post by henry quirk »

User avatar
henry quirk
Posts: 9971
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 8:07 pm

updates...

Post by henry quirk »

https://swprs.org/

includin' updates on global facemask policies
Post Reply