The Simple Science (and Logic) of Covid

For philosophical reflections on the COVID-19 pandemic. How can philosophy help us to understand it, to combat it and to survive it?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Walker
Posts: 11773
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:00 am

Re: The Simple Science (and Logic) of Covid

Post by Walker »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 9:14 am
Walker wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 7:27 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 7:06 am

I suppose that means polio doesn't exist then :shock:
Here's a tissue to wipe away the snotty.

I don't know any adults that got a polio booster.

Have you gotten one? :|

I wonder if polio boosters are included in the cocktails that soldiers get, soldiers who live by another set of civil liberties.
You're can't be that stupid.
Not only that stupid, but deplorable and ignorant.

And you're not helping me get any better, Professor Knowledge.

I wonder how that dosage and timing were determined for the polio vaccine, decades in the making and released shortly after the thalidomide debacle. Was it learned from controlled testing, or was it learned by experimenting on the public with a new booster shot as each new variant of polio was discovered.

An interesting thing I stupidly discovered is that polio mutates more easily than HIV, and yet a vaccine was created for polio, and they can't create one for HIV. Looks like so far, Covid-19 is more like HIV than polio, in that respect.

Could you look into that, and also the thing about using the public for experiments without a control group?
Walker
Posts: 11773
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:00 am

Re: The Simple Science (and Logic) of Covid

Post by Walker »

Sculptor wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 2:55 pm Fuck off and educate yourself
:lol:

Moron.
Walker
Posts: 11773
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:00 am

Re: The Simple Science (and Logic) of Covid

Post by Walker »

Fauci had his nose into HIV, too, and he was criticized by scientists for his recommendations.

Perhaps the world is a better place because Fauci didn't have his nose into polio.
Walker
Posts: 11773
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:00 am

Re: The Simple Science (and Logic) of Covid

Post by Walker »

Sculptor wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 2:56 pm Biden is not a leftist.
Biden ascribes his purpose and actions to the oldest profession, which is also a personality type, but since he's a politician getting him to admit it would be tough, but he is in decline which could make it easier.

His last speech was another doozy.

He was the angry old man yelling at clouds.

(All rather more gentile than calling him something like a whore, or calling him a whore, wouldn't you agree?)

:roll:
User avatar
vegetariantaxidermy
Posts: 11964
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:45 am
Location: Narniabiznus

Re: The Simple Science (and Logic) of Covid

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

The reason that all the conspiracy 'theories' originate in the US, and why they 'think' that it's all a hoax and that it's just a 'little cold virus' is because Americans are fucking morons who can't tell the difference between 'movies' and real life. You hear it all the time; 'Waah, when that plane crashed it looked JUST LIKE A MOVIE', 'Waaah, I thought it was a MOVIE when that bus hit that old man on the mobility scooter', 'Wah wah, is this a MOVIE or have I really just shot my own kneecap off?'...
Because this pandemic isn't causing people to explode in the street or wander around as zombies, foaming at the mouth and devouring everyone they see, then they assume it's not a 'real' pandemic.
Umm, listen here you stupid yank fuckwits, THIS is what a pandemic in the REAL world that we all live in at THIS TIME looks like.
Phew!
Age
Posts: 13425
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:17 am

Re: The Simple Science (and Logic) of Covid

Post by Age »

henry quirk wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:29 pm you CLAIM one has their OWN life, liberty, and property, BUT in the EXACT SAME BELIEF you BELIEVE you can SHOOT ANY one DEAD for just touching a toothpick, which you CLAIM is YOURS.

yep, your life, liberty, property are yours; my life, liberty, property are mine

nope, I never said I believe I have a right to shoot someone DEAD for just touchin' my toothpick

👎
WHEN will 'you', human beings, START hearing AND reading thee ACTUAL WORDS that I ACTUALLY DO say AND write here, and START reply to THEM?

I NEVER said NOR wrote that you said, "I believe I have a right to shoot someone DEAD for just touching my toothpick".

What I ACTUALLY DID say AND write IS:
you BELIEVE you can SHOOT ANY one DEAD for just touching a toothpick, which you CLAIM is YOURS.

This is a BELIEF 'you' have, and are HOLDING ONTO DEARLY, correct?

Oh, and by the way, this FURTHER DETRACTION and DISTRACTION does NOT take away from the Fact of what you ACTUALLY say AND write that is the ACTUAL CONTRADICTION here.

You can TRY AGAIN to DISTRACT, but it just is NOT working.
Age
Posts: 13425
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:17 am

Re: a mini-conversation with age...

Post by Age »

henry quirk wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:38 pm how do you get...

you will NOT wear one because you only care about 'you'.

...from this?
henry quirk wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 3:11 am it WILL HELP in stopping a virus transmitting

unless the mask is form-fittin' and flitered, the most it'll do is redirect the virus up and back

if you want to LOOK AT and SEE thee ACTUAL Truth of 'things'

a test: ask a friend who smokes or vapes to take a drag, slip the mask on, then exhale normally

multiple plumes of smoke or vape will stream from his mask

another test: wear a mask, break wind

you'll smell your own flatulence

again: a form-fittin', filtered mask is effective; the kind most folks wear (like the one in the pic I posted above) are for show

but, really, if you wanna wear a mask, age, please do: it's absolutely no skin offa my nose

I won't
BUT did I get, you will NOT wear one because you only care about 'you'. from 'this', what you wrote here?

WHY did you ASSUME I did?
henry quirk wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:38 pm the mask you wear, age: it's one of them form-fittin', filtered jobs, yeah?
LOL Who says I even wear one?

WHEN 'you', human beings, STOP ASSUMING 'things' in what I am SAYING and MEANING, which, by the way, is in VERY CLEARLY WRITTEN ACTUAL words for ALL of 'you' to SEE before you here, then you will STOP MISTAKING so MANY 'things' here.

Look, BECAUSE I CHALLENGED and QUESTION you about A CLAIM of yours, then this does NOT mean that I am or am not doing ANY thing either way.

In fact, on MANY occasions even when COMPLETELY AGREEING with what "another" is SAYING I STILL CHALLENGE and QUESTION "them" over it.
User avatar
henry quirk
Posts: 13464
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 8:07 pm

Re: The Simple Science (and Logic) of Covid

Post by henry quirk »

you BELIEVE you can SHOOT ANY one DEAD for just touching a toothpick, which you CLAIM is YOURS.

This is a BELIEF 'you' have, and are HOLDING ONTO DEARLY, correct?


no, age: I don't believe I can shoot anyone dead just for touchin' a toothpick which I claim is mine
User avatar
henry quirk
Posts: 13464
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 8:07 pm

Re: The Simple Science (and Logic) of Covid

Post by henry quirk »

BUT did I get, you will NOT wear one because you only care about 'you'. from 'this', what you wrote here?

I thought so...if I'm wrong then I got no clue what point you're reachin' for, or what your challenge is supposed to expose.
Walker
Posts: 11773
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:00 am

Re: The Simple Science (and Logic) of Covid

Post by Walker »

New York State Official: Polio Case May Be ‘Tip of the Iceberg’ with Hundreds More Infected
https://www.breitbart.com/health/2022/0 ... -infected/
“This unprecedented circulation of polio in our community from a devastating disease that was eradicated from the United States in 1979 must be stopped. Any unvaccinated children and adults should receive a first polio immunization immediately. The Rockland County Department of Health is here to help residents receive vaccinations,” Rockland County Department of Health Commissioner Dr. Patricia Schnabel Ruppert said in a statement.
ThinkOfOne
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2022 10:29 pm

Re: The Simple Science (and Logic) of Covid

Post by ThinkOfOne »

RG1 wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 1:32 pm The Simple Science (and Logic) of Covid

***************
Here are the simple SCIENTIFIC facts (premise statements):

P1. Vaccinations, by themselves, don't stop this virus.
P2. Vaccinations help produce "immune" people.
P3. Only herd immunity stops this virus. This virus will continue to mutate, mutation after mutation, with potentially more contagious and deadly variants, until we achieve herd immunity.
P4. If enough immune people "participate" in achieving herd immunity, then we can stop this virus.
P5. Immune people cannot stop the transmission of the virus if they are isolated from the virus. To "participate" in stopping the transmission of the virus, an immune person must non-isolate themselves. They must fully socialize, unmasked.

***************
Here are the simple LOGICAL conclusions:

C1. Therefore, vaccination + masking immune people = no herd immunity.
C2. Therefore, no herd immunity = the virus will continue to perpetuate with potentially more contagious and deadly mutations = more deaths.

***************
At some point in time, we HAVE TO commit to implementing herd immunity. Herd immunity, as any legitimate scientist/medical professional will vouch for, is the ONLY way to stop the further continuation of mutations. We can do it now, or we can wait for 10 new mutations to occur (and many more deaths) and then do it.

Our choice.
There seem to be many who are ignorant and/or misinformed about Covid. Many compound this with simplistic views and/or fallacious logic.

With your false premises, simplistic views and fallacious logic, your post results in more misinformation.

A couple of examples:
P3. Only herd immunity stops this virus. This virus will continue to mutate, mutation after mutation, with potentially more contagious and deadly variants, until we achieve herd immunity.
Herd immunity is not and never was the only way to stop the virus. The key to stopping the virus is to lower the infection rate to zero. Community masking and social distancing all help to lower the infection rate. Isolation on the community level best by far.

P5. Immune people cannot stop the transmission of the virus if they are isolated from the virus. To "participate" in stopping the transmission of the virus, an immune person must non-isolate themselves. They must fully socialize, unmasked.
The entirety of this premise is false. Once again, the key to stopping the virus is to lower the infection rate to zero. The concept that the "immune" person must "fully socialize, unmasked" in order to "'participate' in stopping the transmission of the virus" is so blatantly false, so as to boggle the mind. Where did you get this?
promethean75
Posts: 2068
Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:29 pm

Re: The Simple Science (and Logic) of Covid

Post by promethean75 »

ignore that guy thinkofone. he's prolly over at bitchute getting that stuff.

i personally choose to be a responsible american and do exactly what the medical experts instruct me to do.
User avatar
Agent Smith
Posts: 250
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2022 12:23 pm

Re: The Simple Science (and Logic) of Covid

Post by Agent Smith »

Very simple indeed!

1. Novel bug
2. Airborne transmission
3. Vaccine partially effective


By the way I'm quite surprised by the fact that no one's thought of an I SURVIVED COVID-19 T-shirt. Isn't Covid over yet? 🤔
Flannel Jesus
Posts: 327
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2022 7:09 pm

Re: The Simple Science (and Logic) of Covid

Post by Flannel Jesus »

Agent Smith wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 5:55 pm

By the way I'm quite surprised by the fact that no one's thought of an I SURVIVED COVID-19 T-shirt. Isn't Covid over yet? 🤔
Did you look?

https://www.etsy.com/uk/market/i_survived_covid
User avatar
Agent Smith
Posts: 250
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2022 12:23 pm

Re: The Simple Science (and Logic) of Covid

Post by Agent Smith »

Flannel Jesus wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 6:02 pm
Agent Smith wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 5:55 pm

By the way I'm quite surprised by the fact that no one's thought of an I SURVIVED COVID-19 T-shirt. Isn't Covid over yet? 🤔
Did you look?

https://www.etsy.com/uk/market/i_survived_covid
😊
Post Reply