Is being 'anti vax' a form of suicide?

For philosophical reflections on the COVID-19 pandemic. How can philosophy help us to understand it, to combat it and to survive it?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Post Reply
User avatar
vegetariantaxidermy
Posts: 11165
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:45 am
Location: Narniabiznus

Is being 'anti vax' a form of suicide?

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

So many prominent anti vaxers have died of covid that you have to wonder. Wouldn't euthanasia be a pleasanter way to go?
Age
Posts: 10976
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:17 am

Re: Is being 'anti vax' a form of suicide?

Post by Age »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 10:44 am So many prominent anti vaxers have died of covid that you have to wonder. Wouldn't euthanasia be a pleasanter way to go?
How many so-called "anti vaxers" have actually died 'with' covid, and, how many died 'of' covid?

And, how many of these were so-called "prominent anti vaxers"?
User avatar
vegetariantaxidermy
Posts: 11165
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:45 am
Location: Narniabiznus

Re: Is being 'anti vax' a form of suicide?

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Age wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 11:04 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 10:44 am So many prominent anti vaxers have died of covid that you have to wonder. Wouldn't euthanasia be a pleasanter way to go?
How many so-called "anti vaxers" have actually died 'with' covid, and, how many died 'of' covid?

And, how many of these were so-called "prominent anti vaxers"?
Here we go. FFS. A fat unvaccinated person dies of covid. According to 'anti vaxxers' that person died 'with' covid because they had a condition that made them more likely to die of it. AAAGGGH!
Meat loaf died of covid and apparently he was an anti vaxxer. He was also asthmatic. Are you saying he didn't die of covid because he was asthmatic?
Age
Posts: 10976
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:17 am

Re: Is being 'anti vax' a form of suicide?

Post by Age »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 11:11 am
Age wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 11:04 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 10:44 am So many prominent anti vaxers have died of covid that you have to wonder. Wouldn't euthanasia be a pleasanter way to go?
How many so-called "anti vaxers" have actually died 'with' covid, and, how many died 'of' covid?

And, how many of these were so-called "prominent anti vaxers"?
Here we go. FFS. A fat unvaccinated person dies of covid. According to 'anti vaxxers' that person died 'with' covid because they had a condition that made them more likely to die of it. AAAGGGH!
Meat loaf died of covid and apparently he was an anti vaxxer.
'Apparently' being the OPERATIVE WORD here.
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 11:11 am He was also asthmatic. Are you saying he didn't die of covid because he was asthmatic?
NO, NOT AT ALL.

Oh, and for fuck's sake also, here we go AGAIN. I just ask some VERY SIMPLE CLARIFYING questions, which do NOT get answered, but ASSUMPTIONS PREVAIL, INSTEAD.

And we have not even delved into how it is IMPOSSIBLE for there to be a so-called "fat person", whether being vaccinated would have made ANY difference AT ALL, whether that one "died" of covid or asthma or some 'thing' else, or whether covid triggered the other issue that resulted in death, if there was one, or not.

So, until thee ACTUAL facts are in, what was the ACTUAL POINT that you wanted to MAKE HERE?

Also, and by the way, what do the so-called "non anti vaxxers" say that person died with, and /or of?

It could also be said, and written:

So many vaxers have died of covid that you have to wonder. Wouldn't euthanasia be a pleasanter way to go for them also?

Actually, have there been more so-called "anti vaxxers" who have died of covid or more so-called "vaxxers" who have died of covid?
User avatar
vegetariantaxidermy
Posts: 11165
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:45 am
Location: Narniabiznus

Re: Is being 'anti vax' a form of suicide?

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Age wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 11:22 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 11:11 am
Age wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 11:04 am

How many so-called "anti vaxers" have actually died 'with' covid, and, how many died 'of' covid?

And, how many of these were so-called "prominent anti vaxers"?
Here we go. FFS. A fat unvaccinated person dies of covid. According to 'anti vaxxers' that person died 'with' covid because they had a condition that made them more likely to die of it. AAAGGGH!
Meat loaf died of covid and apparently he was an anti vaxxer.
'Apparently' being the OPERATIVE WORD here.
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 11:11 am He was also asthmatic. Are you saying he didn't die of covid because he was asthmatic?
NO, NOT AT ALL.

Oh, and for fuck's sake also, here we go AGAIN. I just ask some VERY SIMPLE CLARIFYING questions, which do NOT get answered, but ASSUMPTIONS PREVAIL, INSTEAD.

And we have not even delved into how it is IMPOSSIBLE for there to be a so-called "fat person", whether being vaccinated would have made ANY difference AT ALL, whether that one "died" of covid or asthma or some 'thing' else, or whether covid triggered the other issue that resulted in death, if there was one, or not.

So, until thee ACTUAL facts are in, what was the ACTUAL POINT that you wanted to MAKE HERE?

Also, and by the way, what do the so-called "non anti vaxxers" say that person died with, and /or of?

It could also be said, and written:

So many vaxers have died of covid that you have to wonder. Wouldn't euthanasia be a pleasanter way to go for them also?

Actually, have there been more so-called "anti vaxxers" who have died of covid or more so-called "vaxxers" who have died of covid?
Until you can be truthful instead of spewing lies then there's not much point in continuing with this discussion.

And 'the' only has one 'e'! 'Thee' is a different word altogether.
Age
Posts: 10976
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:17 am

Re: Is being 'anti vax' a form of suicide?

Post by Age »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 11:55 am
Age wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 11:22 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 11:11 am

Here we go. FFS. A fat unvaccinated person dies of covid. According to 'anti vaxxers' that person died 'with' covid because they had a condition that made them more likely to die of it. AAAGGGH!
Meat loaf died of covid and apparently he was an anti vaxxer.
'Apparently' being the OPERATIVE WORD here.
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 11:11 am He was also asthmatic. Are you saying he didn't die of covid because he was asthmatic?
NO, NOT AT ALL.

Oh, and for fuck's sake also, here we go AGAIN. I just ask some VERY SIMPLE CLARIFYING questions, which do NOT get answered, but ASSUMPTIONS PREVAIL, INSTEAD.

And we have not even delved into how it is IMPOSSIBLE for there to be a so-called "fat person", whether being vaccinated would have made ANY difference AT ALL, whether that one "died" of covid or asthma or some 'thing' else, or whether covid triggered the other issue that resulted in death, if there was one, or not.

So, until thee ACTUAL facts are in, what was the ACTUAL POINT that you wanted to MAKE HERE?

Also, and by the way, what do the so-called "non anti vaxxers" say that person died with, and /or of?

It could also be said, and written:

So many vaxers have died of covid that you have to wonder. Wouldn't euthanasia be a pleasanter way to go for them also?

Actually, have there been more so-called "anti vaxxers" who have died of covid or more so-called "vaxxers" who have died of covid?
Until you can be truthful instead of spewing lies then there's not much point in continuing with this discussion.
POINT OUT just ONCE when I have, supposedly, been untruth and "spewing" lies, then we can LOOK AT "that", and DISCUSS.

Until then what you SAY and CLAIM here is just YOUR OWN ATTEMPT at DISTRACTION, from your OWN INABILITY to CLARIFY "yourself".
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 11:55 am And 'the' only has one 'e'! 'Thee' is a different word altogether.
I KNOW there is a DIFFERENCE, and that is WHY I use EACH one, specifically, when I do.
promethean75
Posts: 960
Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:29 pm

Re: Is being 'anti vax' a form of suicide?

Post by promethean75 »

"Meat loaf died of covid and apparently he was an anti vaxxer."

Oh yeah? Well what if a fully vaccinated person dies of food poisoning after eating a spoiled meat loaf? What then? See, you didn't even think about that.

Me, I ain't about to unnecessarily tax my immune system by getting a vaccine for a virus that puts 0.02 percent of people who have it, in critical condition. Fagettaboutit. What I will do, however, is make a conscientious effort to increase my health so that I might be better able to battle the insidious creatures if infected by them. I pray thee do the same. For example, I stopped smoking pot five months ago to prepare my lungs for war.

The world is a horrible place filled with billions of monsters of all shapes and sizes trying to kill you at every second. We must be vigilant and remain at the ready.
User avatar
Immanuel Can
Posts: 15233
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:42 pm

Re: Is being 'anti vax' a form of suicide?

Post by Immanuel Can »

It seems that being against the COVID shots specifically isn't automatically fatal at all.

It might be for elderly/at risk people, but the jury's still out on that. It's certainly not anything close to fatal for young people; in fact, the shot itself does seem to be producing a large number of heart problems in young, athletic men, interestingly enough.

What's happening in our district is that the government is counting all deaths with COVID as deaths by COVID. The reasons are related both to propaganda and to funding...raising the numbers makes people conform in fear, and an institution dealing with a COVID death is subsidized by the government programs, whereas another kind of death is not.

So, for example, if a man comes into the hospital as a result of an asthmatic attack, or a coronary failure, or morbid obestity, or even a motorcycle accident, they test him for COVID as a matter of routine. If the man then dies, then it's registered as a COVID death...regardless of actual cause. Similarly, in our old folks' homes, a person who dies at age 85 is tested for COVID, even if she had no manifest symptoms. If she is found to have been positive, then the death is not attributed to age anymore, but to COVID. In fact, the old folk's home in my area was apparently going about asking relatives to sign off on their loved one's deaths as COVID, and explaining that if they did, there would be more money from the government for the home...but none if they did not. Naturally, most want to see more funding for elder care, so they sign, regardless of the truth.

But there are no accurate statistics being gathered about the mysterious spate of heart attacks happening to young men who have been vaccinated. In football, we've seen such noteworthies as Christian Erikson, Sergio Aguero and Alphonso Davies go down. Apparently, there are a whole lot more than them, too, https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-n ... g-n1271200. But we have every reason to suspect the numbers are still being downplayed, because of the risk of inducing resistance to the shot in the general public.

So it's far from an easy case to make to say, "Anti-vax = suicide." In fact, it's very likely that, at least in some cases, the opposite is true. So we'd best find out before committing to anything too strongly.
Gary Childress
Posts: 3096
Joined: Sun Sep 25, 2011 3:08 pm
Location: The Domain of Confusion

Re: Is being 'anti vax' a form of suicide?

Post by Gary Childress »

Immanuel Can wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:29 pm It seems that being against the COVID shots specifically isn't automatically fatal at all.

It might be for elderly/at risk people, but the jury's still out on that. It's certainly not anything close to fatal for young people; in fact, the shot itself does seem to be producing a large number of heart problems in young, athletic men, interestingly enough.

What's happening in our district is that the government is counting all deaths with COVID as deaths by COVID. The reasons are related both to propaganda and to funding...raising the numbers makes people conform in fear, and an institution dealing with a COVID death is subsidized by the government programs, whereas another kind of death is not.

So, for example, if a man comes into the hospital as a result of an asthmatic attack, or a coronary failure, or morbid obestity, or even a motorcycle accident, they test him for COVID as a matter of routine. If the man then dies, then it's registered as a COVID death...regardless of actual cause. Similarly, in our old folks' homes, a person who dies at age 85 is tested for COVID, even if she had no manifest symptoms. If she is found to have been positive, then the death is not attributed to age anymore, but to COVID. In fact, the old folk's home in my area was apparently going about asking relatives to sign off on their loved one's deaths as COVID, and explaining that if they did, there would be more money from the government for the home...but none if they did not. Naturally, most want to see more funding for elder care, so they sign, regardless of the truth.

But there are no accurate statistics being gathered about the mysterious spate of heart attacks happening to young men who have been vaccinated. In football, we've seen such noteworthies as Christian Erikson, Sergio Aguero and Alphonso Davies go down. Apparently, there are a whole lot more than them, too, https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-n ... g-n1271200. But we have every reason to suspect the numbers are still being downplayed, because of the risk of inducing resistance to the shot in the general public.

So it's far from an easy case to make to say, "Anti-vax = suicide." In fact, it's very likely that, at least in some cases, the opposite is true. So we'd best find out before committing to anything too strongly.
God must be "blessing" the weak with early death. How special...
Gary Childress
Posts: 3096
Joined: Sun Sep 25, 2011 3:08 pm
Location: The Domain of Confusion

Re: Is being 'anti vax' a form of suicide?

Post by Gary Childress »

I doubt it's a pleasant death either.
Gary Childress
Posts: 3096
Joined: Sun Sep 25, 2011 3:08 pm
Location: The Domain of Confusion

Re: Is being 'anti vax' a form of suicide?

Post by Gary Childress »

Of course, dying of starvation when global climate change finally makes most species extinct is going to be fun for the rest of us too. I feel so "blessed"!
User avatar
Immanuel Can
Posts: 15233
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:42 pm

Re: Is being 'anti vax' a form of suicide?

Post by Immanuel Can »

Gary Childress wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 1:16 am God must be "blessing" the weak with early death. How special...
You can thank Wuhan for that...the Chinese government, and all those men and women who participated in "gain of function" virology research over there. You can thank the Democrats for slowing the response. You can thank guys like Fauci and Biden for lockdowns, panic, economic collapse, rapid spread and injected toxins, too. There are a lot of people you can rightly thank...

But don't blame God for what men who persistently defy and disregard Him do. They own that themselves.
User avatar
vegetariantaxidermy
Posts: 11165
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:45 am
Location: Narniabiznus

Re: Is being 'anti vax' a form of suicide?

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

promethean75 wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 5:45 pm "Meat loaf died of covid and apparently he was an anti vaxxer."

Oh yeah? Well what if a fully vaccinated person dies of food poisoning after eating a spoiled meat loaf? What then? See, you didn't even think about that.

Me, I ain't about to unnecessarily tax my immune system by getting a vaccine for a virus that puts 0.02 percent of people who have it, in critical condition. Fagettaboutit. What I will do, however, is make a conscientious effort to increase my health so that I might be better able to battle the insidious creatures if infected by them. I pray thee do the same. For example, I stopped smoking pot five months ago to prepare my lungs for war.

The world is a horrible place filled with billions of monsters of all shapes and sizes trying to kill you at every second. We must be vigilant and remain at the ready.
Good luck with that. Going by your junk food habit then I wouldn't be holding my breath if I were you (and you won't need to hold your breath when you get covid--it will do that for you :lol: ).

Pssst.. Immunisation doesn't 'tax' the immune system. Quite the opposite in fact.
User avatar
vegetariantaxidermy
Posts: 11165
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:45 am
Location: Narniabiznus

Re: Is being 'anti vax' a form of suicide?

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

promethean75 wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 5:45 pm "Meat loaf died of covid and apparently he was an anti vaxxer."

Oh yeah? Well what if a fully vaccinated person dies of food poisoning after eating a spoiled meat loaf? What then? See, you didn't even think about that.

Me, I ain't about to unnecessarily tax my immune system by getting a vaccine for a virus that puts 0.02 percent of people who have it, in critical condition. Fagettaboutit. What I will do, however, is make a conscientious effort to increase my health so that I might be better able to battle the insidious creatures if infected by them. I pray thee do the same. For example, I stopped smoking pot five months ago to prepare my lungs for war.

The world is a horrible place filled with billions of monsters of all shapes and sizes trying to kill you at every second. We must be vigilant and remain at the ready.
If a person died of food poisoning after eating rotten meatloaf when there had been a vaccine available for the specific purpose of protecting that person against food poisoning from spoiled meatloaf, yet they still insisted on eating that meatloaf after refusing to have the vaccine, then yes, I would say that they were committing suicide.

A sad side effect of this pandemic is the previously suspected but now unbearably obvious realisation that fucking morons have a lot more power than they should have, thanks in large to the internet. Every useless, retarded kunt in his smelly basement, surrounded by semen soaked tissues, can now feel truly powerful...
Walker
Posts: 10291
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:00 am

Re: Is being 'anti vax' a form of suicide?

Post by Walker »

Gary Childress wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 1:19 am Of course, dying of starvation when global climate change finally makes most species extinct is going to be fun for the rest of us too. I feel so "blessed"!
Warm weather means more crops, more food.

Perhaps God is holding off the next Ice Age, which is overdue.

How blessed you are.
Post Reply