'20/'21: not safe for anyone

For philosophical reflections on the COVID-19 pandemic. How can philosophy help us to understand it, to combat it and to survive it?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Impenitent

Re: '20/'21: not safe for anyone

Post by Impenitent »

-Imp
Impenitent

Post by Impenitent »

-Imp
leavenfish

Post by leavenfish »

@Impentient
Perhaps is you live on an island in the middle of a lake and do not interact with others...
Impenitent

Post by Impenitent »

-Imp
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

leavenfish wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 5:02 am @Impentient
Perhaps is you live on an island in the middle of a lake and do not interact with others...
Imp, you keep right on postin'. This thread -- my thread -- is all about what any one of see as the dangers, and the funnies, of today. So, as far as I'm concerned, you're gold.
Impenitent

Post by Impenitent »

-Imp
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Impenitent wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:23 pm Image

-Imp
No one is blaming "her" for slavery FFS
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Posting fake memes to a "philosophy" forum is the height of bad taste and shows a lack of intelligence.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Dontaskme wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 1:02 pm I've had both my jabs, also due for a winter booster soon. And I where my mask. Oh yeah, I'm doing my part.

What do you think of me now!

I wasn't happy about having the vaccine at first, but then I thought, I should stop being silly, and do the right thing.
We all have e duty to paticipate in collective action as that helps all of us.
Such a view is pure evil to morons like IMP.
henry quirk

you can shove that there duty right up the old wazoo, Bulah

Post by henry quirk »

yep, shove that up, as deep as it'll go...get one of yer dress-wearin' pals to help...he can probably get right up to the elbow
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Sculptor wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:02 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 1:02 pm I've had both my jabs, also due for a winter booster soon. And I where my mask. Oh yeah, I'm doing my part.

I wasn't happy about having the vaccine at first, but then I thought, I should stop being silly, and do the right thing.
I agree, and is why I always have my little pocket of intelligence to fall back on in times when I need it the most :mrgreen:

Those who think they have personal rights and freedom in their countries are deluding themselves. They don't have freedom, no more than a farmed pig has freedom. Rebel freedom shouters are just like two year old troubled tantrum makers, who refuse to see the bigger picture, because to them it's... whah! whah! whah! ...it's not fair.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Dontaskme wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 5:56 am

I agree, and is why I always have my little pocket of intelligence to fall back on in times when I need it the most :mrgreen:

Those who think they have personal rights and freedom in their countries are deluding themselves. They don't have freedom, no more than a farmed pig has freedom. Rebel freedom shouters are just like two year old troubled tantrum makers, who refuse to see the bigger picture, because to them it's... whah! whah! whah! ...it's not fair.
Yup.
And you know in a very reall sense those clowns also have a perfect right to shoot themselves in the head. I only wish they were as good as their word and get on with it.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Sculptor wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:31 am

Yup.
And you know in a very reall sense those clowns also have a perfect right to shoot themselves in the head. I only wish they were as good as their word and get on with it.
What good dogs you both are.... have a 🦴
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

henry quirk wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 1:00 pm

Yup.
Run along and die
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Sculptor wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 3:42 pm
henry quirk wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 1:00 pm
Yup.
Run along and die
No, Nancy, I won't.