'20/'21: not safe for anyone

For philosophical reflections on the COVID-19 pandemic. How can philosophy help us to understand it, to combat it and to survive it?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Sculptor

Re: '20/'21: not safe for anyone

Post by Sculptor »

Walker wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:57 am Image
He can't paint his own shed because he's scared. No one is stopping him because he's a dupe of the system whereby he complies with norms.
The same thing that makes him wear that stupid hat inside a building, and stand on a podium rather than live his own actual liefe authentically is what is stopping him.
If he wants to be a libertarian he has to be authentic.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Sculptor wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:08 am
He can't paint his own shed because he's scared. No one is stopping him because he's a dupe of the system whereby he complies with norms.
The same thing that makes him wear that stupid hat inside a building, and stand on a podium rather than live his own actual liefe authentically is what is stopping him.
Then, by this reasoning, he can’t be a libertarian because he must ask a governing body for permission to paint his shed. If he defies the governing body selected by his society and breaks the rules of his society concerning sheds, which could include design and color restrictions according to the society, all the while benefiting from the protections afforded by that society, then he is not scared to claim his rights of ownership while ignoring his responsibilities to society. By this reasoning, he is in fact a brave outlaw, i.e., an authentic criminal, although “rebel,” is probably more flattering a match for “authentic.”
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Walker wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:19 am
Sculptor wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:08 am
Then, by this reasoning, he can’t be a libertarian because he must ask a governing body for permission to paint his shed.
Duh. And that is why you meme if so bloody stupid.
If he defies the governing body selected by his society and breaks the rules of his society concerning sheds, which could include design and color restrictions according to the society, all the while benefiting from the protections afforded by that society, then he is not scared to claim his rights of ownership while ignoring his responsibilities to society.
Rabid libertarians always invent non-existent rules to pretend they are oppressed. In the UK many people voted against staying in Europe believing in such rules as "STRAIGHT BANANAS", because the media moghuls wishing to prtoct their tax breaks in the UK conspired to put out stupid stories like this.
By this reasoning, he is in fact a brave outlaw, i.e., an authentic criminal, although “rebel,” is probably more flattering a match for “authentic.”
Hello?? He does not exist. I do not know what the fuck he is doing in the image in actuality but one thing is for sure it has fuck all to do with non existent rules that stop people from painting their sheds.

They are playing you like a cheap violin..

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... n-cornwall

And by complete and horrific contrast the libertarian media is stirring up so much hate in the US that there is a massive rise in militia and other non-official paramilitary groups.
You cannot think this is a good idea regardless of some out of date "right to bear", which would originally have been for muskets against the real threat of native Indians.
IN the US, now people invent their own threats. Either people of a different colour, "commies" and aliens (not just from earth.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Walker wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:57 am Image
If I sought permission (permits, licenses, etc.) from TPTB for the things I get up to, 3/4 of what I get up to wouldn't get done.

(if I really wanted a nuke, I'd be out & about lookin' for one: I wouldn't be petitionin' for permission to own one)
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Sculptor wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 11:36 amthe libertarian media
There ain't no such animal.

What there is: a global propaganda industry expressly designed to further wide & deep governance.

It ain't Left or Right (largely bullshit categories): it's slaver.
henry quirk

look here...

Post by henry quirk »

https://remodernreview.wordpress.com/20 ... o-swallow/

...and despair

the world is run by madmen
henry quirk

think about it...

Post by henry quirk »

The Virus speaks: an exclusive interview

by Jon Rappoport

I can’t recall jumping through more hoops in order to set up an interview.

There was a man on a train; his doctor in Greenwich; an NSA data analyst; a woman who almost certainly works for the CIA; her brother, who is a virologist; a Chinese Army officer who adopts a cover as a cook in a takeout joint in Venice, California; and several other people I won’t mention at all. I was filtered through them and wound up in a cheap motel room in Phoenix on a Saturday afternoon. An old air conditioner was chugging…

Who are you?

I’m SARS-CoV-2.

WHAT are you?

Talking history and evolution here. My first memories; a little more than a year ago. Poof. I was there. I decided I was an idea in the mind of God.

How did that work out?

I looked around for the mind of God, but I couldn’t find it. Nevertheless, I held on to the notion. I felt…elite. I floated through banquet halls, hotel suites. I visited upscale resorts.

Were you infecting people?

I was vacationing. Watching. Enjoying. That’s all. Then, I became aware of dimensionality.

You lost me.

There are solid things; spaces between things; ideas like time, and so forth. I was definitely an idea, but I couldn’t trace my source, my inception.

Did you know how much publicity you were getting?

Of course. I had frequent meetings with scientists and PR people. I was fielding lots of advice.

What kind of advice?

How to become more deadly, for example. There were discussions about mutation.

Were you on board with the recommendations?

I wasn’t interested.

That must have caused a problem.

It did. There was a lot of talk about THEM creating ME.

What was your reaction?

I wasn’t buying it. I could see they THOUGHT they had made me. But so what? I intensified my search.

For what?

My origin. I went through stages of self-analysis. Finally, it hit me. I was an idea inside a collective.

Not sure I understand.

I’m an idea sustained by a few billion minds. People’s minds.

What about your genetic sequence? The spike protein?

Believe me, I’ve looked. They aren’t there.

So we’re creating you.

That’s pretty much it. I should say completely it.

A hell of a thing.

You bet. Can you see my problem?

No.

I want to live. I don’t want to vanish and END.

So people have to keep believing in you.

That’s it. If they stop, I’m gone.

Your handlers…

Oh, they’ve given up talking to me. I’m all by myself now. I’m safe for the moment. But long-term, it’s a crap shoot. I’ve been reading about other so-called viruses. SARS 1. Swine Flu. They didn’t last long. People got tired of thinking about them.

You’ll always have a place in history.

That’s different. Being remembered isn’t enough. I have to be believed in, month after month, year after year, decade after decade.

Sounds like you’re losing hope.

I guess so. It’s a strange existence. Other people can turn you on and off like a light switch.

Have you considered starting a religion?

With myself as the Prophet? Sure. It’s a lot of work. I could vftcutbnty…spend years trying.

What just happened? You made some weird sounds.

It was a flicker. Apparently, when the number of people thinking about me drops below a certain threshold, I scramble and begin to dissolve. But I always come back. So far.

Does it matter who’s thinking about you and believing in you?

You mean Henry Kissinger versus a janitor in a school? No. It’s a numbers game. Of course, you need to factor in strength of belief. If you have a few thousand kids in Florida who say, “OK, the virus exists, big deal”—or three hundred grad students in biology wearing triple masks and panting to get the vaccine—the sum total of the grad students outweighs the Florida bunch.

What about Fauci?

He’s a true believer.

Bill Gates?

He’s completely delusional. He believes in whatever gives him more power. Take away all that power and he wouldn’t believe in anything.

Do you realize the amount of harm being done in your name?

Of course. That’s why I agreed to this interview.

How is that going to do any good?

I’ve made a decision. As much as I want to survive, I’m willing to sacrifice myself if people want me to.

You’re talking about what? A vote?

No. Haven’t you been paying attention? People can just stop believing I’m more than an idea.

And then you’ll dissolve.

And blow away.

—Suddenly, men broke down the door to my room. They stormed in with weapons drawn. They were wearing heavy body armor. I looked around. The “virus” had fled the scene.

“What are you doing here?” one of the men said. “We’ve had reports of a disturbance.”

“I was talking to myself. Rehearsing for an interview I hope to do.”

“What interview?”

“I’m a reporter. I’m investigating the use of sub-standard air conditioners in Phoenix. It’s a racket. The units are smuggled across the border from Mexico. I’m trying to sit down with a local public health official and find out what’s going on.”

It took me three hours to convince the SWAT team I was no threat.

They let me go.

As I drove out of the city, I saw a ghostly figure take shape out in the desert. It hung in the air over the scrub and the cactus.

Its voice whispered in my ear: “Publish our conversation.”

So that’s what I’m doing.

3739D289-E972-4C6B-8BB8-3F1C5DF4FCCE.jpeg
3739D289-E972-4C6B-8BB8-3F1C5DF4FCCE.jpeg (46.96 KiB) Viewed 2706 times

Part two, the Virus speaks; the nature of reality

by Jon Rappoport

This time, I caught up with the coronavirus coming out of his psychiatrist’s office in New York. He spotted me and waved half-heartedly. He didn’t look happy.

What’s wrong? I asked him.

My therapist thinks I’m crazy. I told him I’m quite certain I’m nothing more than a collective idea in the minds of many people. He said that’s a clear sign of psychosis.

In other words, he thinks you’re really real?

Yes. I thanked him for that. I said his faith was helping to keep me in existence. He didn’t appreciate the comment.

But many people believe you’re real. So what’s the problem?

The vaccine. Everybody’s focused on it now. They’re not thinking about me so much. On a scale of one to a hundred, where a hundred is a majestic amount of attention focused on me, I’d say I’m hovering around 70 to 74. That means I’m starting to blink in and out. There are moments when I go blank. Yesterday, I was sitting in on a CIA briefing and I perished for a few minutes.

I see. Well, what can you do? I mean, since you’re nothing more than a collective idea, when people stop focusing on you…

People are fickle. I gave them so much. Fear, the lockdowns, all sorts of problems. I did what I could to make life interesting, but obviously it wasn’t enough.

That’s show business. “What have you done for me lately?” Lots of stars fade out. They make two bad movies and they can’t get arrested. They’re begging for a cameo on an episode of Hawaii Five-O.

I tried to explain that to my agent—Fauci—but he said he was too busy fending off personal attacks.

The last time we spoke, you said you were ready to sacrifice yourself and admit you were just a collective idea, because you didn’t want to hurt people.

I know. But SAYING that and meaning it are two different things, especially when your back is against the wall and you realize you’re going to STOP EXISTING ALTOGETHER.

Survival.

I’ll do anything to survive. I’ll claim I have sixteen different deadly proteins and fifty mutant strains. I’ll say I persist on surfaces for up to six months.

You’re ready to mount an all-out campaign on your own behalf?

Who do you think originally pushed the lab-leak theory and recently revived it? I’m trying.

So why are you telling me all this? When I publish our conversation, some people are going to have even less faith in you.

I’m beginning to think history and legacy are my only options. People in the future will remember me. That’s all I can count on. And if this conversation adds a footnote to that history…

Can you recall how you were born?

I have a faint recollection of two Chinese virologists in Wuhan speculating about what would happen if they claimed a cluster of local pneumonia cases—stemming from the deadly air pollution in the city—actually were the result of a new virus. I think that was the moment. One virologist said, “We can call in the CDC. They always say it’s a new virus.”

And did you feel anything then?

Surprise. I EXISTED. It was amazing. Bang. Just like that, I was born.

As an idea.

Yes. And I felt strong.

Did you realize what had happened?

You mean, did I know I was nothing more than the beginning of a collective shared idea? No. Of course not. That piece of wisdom came later. During the first month of my life, I did know I was riding on the back of men who had power and were thirsty for more. They were promoting me to the public, because they saw they could use me to CONTROL the population to an extraordinary degree.

Did you appreciate their help?

Of course. But at the same time, I found them to be…distasteful creatures. Hanging around men like Bill Gates, Klaus Schwab, Fauci, Andrew Cuomo…it’s not exactly a party.

I can imagine. Did you and Bill ever have a conversation?

No, not really. He’s wired in a way that prevents authentic interaction. He’s always hungry and he has to eat. He eats information. If I didn’t know better, I would say he’s a machine.

I assume, in your travels, you’ve met other “entities” who are also nothing more than collective ideas held in many minds.

Yes. We’ve had pleasant talks. But it always comes down to, “How long do you think you’re going to exist? When are you going to disappear? Will people still believe in you next year?” That sort of thing.

But it isn’t just belief you’re needing, is it?

No. It’s ATTENTION. Underlying belief is only part of the picture. I need attention now. Lots of it. I need people all together lifting me up, so to speak, holding me up, showing me to each other. It’s like a hall of mirrors.

Mirrors?

Yes. Millions and millions of people holding mirrors reflecting reflections to each other—but when you analyze what’s going on, you realize the reflections consist of NOTHING. That’s the bottom-line trick.

Not sure I understand.

I’m an idea. But when you boil that down, what does it mean? It means I’m a nothing wearing a particular suit of clothes. I could be a pink castle in the clouds or a little purple horse jumping over a toaster in your kitchen. Do you see? What’s important is that people collectively think I’m real right now. The MEANING of what I’m supposed to be is less important to me. If tomorrow a billion people decided I was a cow jumping over the moon instead of a deadly germ, it would be fine with me. Why would I care? As long as I continue to exist, the form or the shape or the meaning doesn’t matter at all. I’ll be a cow. I’ll be a little purple bubble. I’ll be a trillion reflections of pixels dancing on television screens across the planet.

You’re not invested in the notion of a pandemic at all.

Pandemic? What pandemic? I spoke to a Federal Reserve banker the other day. I told him I wanted to become a row of digits in the new universal cashless currency. I thought that would have legs far into the future. I couldn’t get through to him. He brushed me off.

I see. So you have no sense of integrity.

I did at one time. But, as I keep saying, when the chips are down, it’s all about survival. Where is my audience? How big is my audience right now? How much attention are they paying to me? Without them, I’m gone.

And you’ll say and do anything to survive.

Listen, if somebody could sell me to the public as a harmless particle who couldn’t hurt a flea, it would be wonderful. But seriously, how long do you think that would last? People aren’t interested in “harmless.” Have you ever seen an ad for a harmless movie? I have to have teeth and spikes and transmissibility.

As in our last conversation, we’re talking about the nature of reality.

Collective reality. I laugh when I hear people talk about collective consciousness, as if it’s some miracle. It’s a prison. I should know. I’m in it. I’m a creation of it.

What about individual reality?

That’s quite a different thing. I go to the studio of a painter, a real artist. He’s inventing something on his own. He’s not trying to be included in the collective. That’s tough sledding, living that life. But it has the great advantage of not being in prison.

You mean freedom.

Yes. That might seem to be a collective idea, too, but it’s not. It demands expression, action. It suggests an individual explores on his own. He gives to the world, but he doesn’t give an empty reflection of what the collective wants.

Is that what you want be? An artist?

I don’t fantasize about that. I’m an idea passed into and through many minds. That’s all.

Are you making a play for sympathy?

I’m making a play for anything and everything I can get. I’m a car salesman in the Gobi desert trying to move Rolls Royces I don’t have off a lot that doesn’t exist…

Why are people so determined to buy collective ideas?

They’re obsessed with SHARING. It doesn’t matter what they share. So they go for lowest common denominators. They pass along ideas that are the easiest in terms of gaining acceptability.

If that wasn’t true, you wouldn’t be here at all.

Right you are.

Well, Sir Virus, isn’t there some way you could make a public announcement? You could say you’re retiring. You’ve had a good run but now it’s over. Put people’s minds at ease.

Aren’t you hearing what I’m saying? That would be suicide. I’d blink out in people’s minds, they’d forget about me, and I’d be gone. Besides, I can’t get through to people. They don’t hear me when I talk to them.

But I do.

That’s because you know I’m a fake. That opens up a channel of real communication between us.

Interesting. So if I thought you were an acutal virus…

You’d never hear a word I’m saying. You’d just REACT to the propaganda about me.

A strange situation.

You have no idea how strange. Try being nothing more than a thought in many minds. See how you like it. You’re always on the edge of a cliff. If the people forget about you, you’re gone.

Sounds like democracy-by-mob. Heroes and villains appear, and then they’re shoved aside for new stars.

It’s very much like that.

Well, I think you should try harder to get through to people. Come out of the closet and say, I AM THE VIRUS. Launch a run for public office. A US Senate seat from the state of California. Say, “I’m the virus and I exist in your minds. I’m you. Elect me as your next Senator. I’ll be exactly what you want me to be, because I CAN’T BE ANYTHING ELSE. I’M A PERFECT REFLECTION OF WHAT YOU THINK.” Blow the whistle on yourself. Blow the whole cover on this fake pandemic. Tell the people, “If you want to believe in me, then vote for me. I’m just a shared idea in your minds, but if that’s what you want, here I am.”

I never considered that possibility.

Put people up against the wall. Tell them, “If you want to believe in a fake, I’m the biggest fake you’ll ever come across. And I’m already in your heads. You don’t have to search for me. I’m embedded in your minds. Let’s put all our cards on the table. I only exist because of you. So back me up. Elect me. You want a fake. I am that fake.”

Wait. You’re trying to trick me. You want to expose the pandemic, and you’re trying to get me to go along.

You have your job and I have mine.

You’re a son of a bitch.

And who are you? Kindly old Aunt Minnie who doles out pies and ice cream to the kiddies in the neighborhood? You’re nothing more than an idea in many minds, but you’re a bad idea. A destroyer-idea.

But I want to be good. I want to be better. Really. I do.

Then do the right thing. Confess what you are, and keep confessing, until you get through to people.

If I succeed, I’ll stop existing. People will turn away from me. They’ll forget me.

I’ll shed a tear for you. Look, see that tear running down my cheek?

That’s made-up. That’s not a real tear.

And you’re not a real virus.
henry quirk

yep

Post by henry quirk »

When I was a child, I made the mistake, as many children do, of thinking that the actors I saw in movies were in some way responsible for their lines. As the playwright Moss Hart heard from a lady sitting behind him: “Actors say the cleverest things!”

But it didn’t take me long to notice that while an actor can make good material great, he cannot make bad material good. If you give him stupid and implausible things to say, he will look stupid and implausible. He may or may not be aware of how he looks; that’s not his job: His job is to act the way someone tells him to act, and to say what someone tells him to say.

And that brings us to the picture of the G7 leaders on the beach in Cornwall. Nobody who watches the film of these people arriving, coming down the boardwalk carefully spaced, hygienically elbow-bumping in lieu of shaking hands, and finally taking up positions for their photo op—nobody would believe these people are world leaders. Because they aren’t. They aren’t running the western world. They are run by the people who really are running the western world—people whose names we don’t know. The people on the beach in Cornwall are there simply in recognition of the working man’s need to see an elected head of state. They are actors.
-some guy named Mike
henry quirk

Louisiana summers are hot, but...

Post by henry quirk »

D67C0DBC-3FEC-4E19-9BF2-5C2D636F2CDC.jpeg
D67C0DBC-3FEC-4E19-9BF2-5C2D636F2CDC.jpeg (22.93 KiB) Viewed 2355 times
(too soon?)
henry quirk

she has a point...

Post by henry quirk »

0FDF009B-5838-4C38-855C-9A0DA2664443.jpeg
0FDF009B-5838-4C38-855C-9A0DA2664443.jpeg (26.88 KiB) Viewed 2340 times
This here is a conundrum: you can safely ignore her observation cuz she's white and you cannot ignore her observation cuz she's a she. Heaven help you if she's a she who used to be a he cuz then s/he could not be ignored or contradicted. Best bet is to just close your eyes and not see who or what wrote the tweet. You can pretend everything is A-Okay.
henry quirk

addin' to the lag...

Post by henry quirk »

0FFBE91C-271B-448A-9A94-4DB4241F4639.jpeg
0FFBE91C-271B-448A-9A94-4DB4241F4639.jpeg (84.57 KiB) Viewed 1497 times
henry quirk

slowin' you down...

Post by henry quirk »

B69F8292-F63F-433A-ACD4-A9719EAAE191.jpeg
B69F8292-F63F-433A-ACD4-A9719EAAE191.jpeg (59.98 KiB) Viewed 1497 times
henry quirk

47th G7 summit

Post by henry quirk »

82721133-3894-4BF6-976D-8A3E01BF659B.jpeg
82721133-3894-4BF6-976D-8A3E01BF659B.jpeg (94.75 KiB) Viewed 1107 times
Yes, of course, these truly are our best and brightest.
Gary Childress

Re: addin' to the lag...

Post by Gary Childress »

henry quirk wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 2:18 pm 0FFBE91C-271B-448A-9A94-4DB4241F4639.jpeg
I don't think there's much to worry about there. If we don't reduce population through contraception, abortion or other legal and humane means, then mother nature seems intent on doing it for us--the hard way.
Sculptor

Re: addin' to the lag...

Post by Sculptor »

Gary Childress wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 5:10 am
henry quirk wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 2:18 pm 0FFBE91C-271B-448A-9A94-4DB4241F4639.jpeg
I don't think there's much to worry about there. If we don't reduce population through contraception, abortion or other legal and humane means, then mother nature seems intent on doing it for us--the hard way.
The pandemic will have ZERO impact on the world's population.
There were 80 million more people in 2020 after deleting pandemic deaths.
There are 37 million more this year already.
Nature is not a "mother", nor does it have any solutions to our problems.

There is no doubt that rates of increase are dramatically down but that has noting to do with the pandemic.