'20/'21: not safe for anyone

For philosophical reflections on the COVID-19 pandemic. How can philosophy help us to understand it, to combat it and to survive it?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

henry quirk

Re: 2020: not safe for anyone

Post by henry quirk »

FlashDangerpants wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 6:10 pm Meh, like it changes anything.

That's roughly your time range.
CovidShitOGram.PNG
you fetched: good boy

now, what exactly did I assert in relation to this chart that I should be ashamed of?
FlashDangerpants

Post by FlashDangerpants »

henry quirk wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 6:45 pm

CovidShitOGram.PNG

now, what exactly did I assert in relation to this chart that I should be ashamed of?
You posted a pgraph showing cases of infection had begun to rise again after the summer, and were redirecting attention to deaths per capita which were still falling.
I pointed out that deaths are a lagging indicator and that it would begin to rise soon.
You responded "we'll see".

There you go. Now we see.

That's how your trick works, you say "we'll see" to get rid of infromation you don't want and then you move on to a new myth. It seems to be a habit you have formed.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

FlashDangerpants wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 7:09 pm
henry quirk wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 6:45 pm

CovidShitOGram.PNG

You posted a pgraph showing cases of infection had begun to rise again after the summer, and were redirecting attention to deaths per capita which were still falling.
I pointed out that deaths are a lagging indicator and that it would begin to rise soon.
You responded "we'll see".

There you go. Now we see.

That's how your trick works, you say "we'll see" to get rid of infromation you don't want and then you move on to a new myth. It seems to be a habit you have formed.
well, good on you...here's your 🌟
Impenitent

Post by Impenitent »

just another opiate

-Imp
henry quirk

anyone attendin' this...

Post by henry quirk »

740AF56F-C1D6-48A3-B1DB-38E2B8874181.jpeg
740AF56F-C1D6-48A3-B1DB-38E2B8874181.jpeg (98.64 KiB) Viewed 127 times
...will get exactly what he deserves
Dontaskme

Re: anyone attending this stupidity?

Post by Dontaskme »

If you have to fight for liberties Henry, then you never had them.

Fighting will risk be killed, if you want to risk being killed for your liberties, then that is exactly what you are going to get.

In all human activity, there has to be in place a selected hierarchy in complete control of the rest of the herd, if not, chaos will ensue.
Fighting with the military that are only trying to protect us is disgusting.

This hierarchal phenomena is seen to take place within all sentient creatures as a natural defence mechanism within in the natural order of the animal kingdom, humans are animals too, the sooner we surrender to the animal we are, and learn our place within the pecking order, the happier and more peaceful we will be. Nature must absolutely wince at our stupid behaviour. The ones at the top of the pecking order are yourlife line, without which there would be no workable structure to human activity whatsoever. If you do no wrong in the world, no one will bother or harm you, that is a natural order. If everyone kept their own house in order, that's all that needs to happen, it works for the rest of nature, so why not us.
We are only ever our own worse enemy, when we choose to be in conflict with each other, so yeah, lets just die for our self inflicted unjust causes, for only in fighting to the death will we know true freedom, except you will not be around to enjoy it. There will never be peace on earth for humanity, not until the last man is standing. Why, because everyone wants to be the hero.

Dontaskme

Re: Liberty means....

Post by Dontaskme »

Liberty means....Freedom from arbitrary or despotic government or control....

And so, we ourselves created that meaning Henry. We created that meaning with our own mind, the one we think we own, so it's our responsibilty to understand the implications of the meaning ok? the meaning can only be recognised by knowing what liberty IS NOT which is enslavement.

Freedom from Henry, your desire for freedom always involves something you do not desire, but you cannot prefer one side in favor of the other, you have to accept they both come as one complete package.

If you want to free yourself from the humans way of surviving in this world, then why don't you reject the world of humanity, and go and live in the forest, or the woods with the tigers and bears and snakes. Cut yourself off completely from the human world, and have nothing more to do with them. See if that works out for you ok.

I know which lifestyle I would rather choose, and it's not a life in the forest eating berries and sleeping in a flimsy shack made of logs and leaves.

I'm not trying to be mean, I'm just trying to understand the human condition like everyone else, this message is not personal.

Living and being alive is a harsh and brutal reality for all sentient creatures, especially the ones that have a mind, their life is likened to a living hell, because their suffering is sometimes self inflicted through knowledge. The sooner we accept that life can be a horror show when we make an attempt to stir the bees nest, the better we will feel...because in our knowledge, our intelligence, we will know not to create the storm, when we don't have to.

henry quirk

Re: '20/'21: not safe for anyone

Post by henry quirk »

DAM,

the poster above was what some folks call a false flag...that is: it isn't what it appears to be

on the subjects of freedom, free wil, etc.: you up for some light readin'?

If so, look up libertarian agent causation and agent causality

prof. timothy o'conner with indiana university has a few things to say on the subject

prof. tibor machan with auburn university wrote on the subjects too

max stirner had some ideas worth lookin' at

thomas reid of the commonsense realism school also had notions worth lookin' at

all four have work on-line
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

henry quirk wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 1:50 pm DAM,

the poster above was what some folks call a false flag...that is: it isn't what it appears to be

prof. timothy o'conner with indiana university has a few things to say on the subject

I have my own interpretations of what is happening here, on what only appears/seems to be.

I usually don't ever look no further than the Tony Parsons book of reality. But thanks all the same for the other references of the same old explained differently..that's all. :D

I know I'm always speaking the obvious that most intelligent people already know, but I don't ever worry about liberty and justice and truth, simply because truth always wins out in the end, on it's own merit, lies have no where to hide...ever. So I have nothing to lose, and neither does anyone, truth always wins.

The lies we only think exist, don't...only truth reigns supreme.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Dontaskme wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 2:05 pm
henry quirk wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 1:50 pm DAM,

I have my own interpretations of what is happening here, on what only appears/seems to be.

I usually don't ever look no further than the Tony Parsons book of reality. But thanks all the same for the other references of the same old explained differently..that's all. :D

I know I'm always speaking the obvious that most intelligent people already know, but I don't ever worry about liberty and justice and truth, simply because truth always wins out in the end, on it's own merit, lies have no where to hide...ever. So I have nothing to lose, and neither does anyone, truth always wins.

The lies we only think exist, don't...only truth reigns supreme.
that's fine...I only suggested that light readin' cuz I'm tired of repeatin' myself (in fact, my new year resolution -- the first I've taken up in years -- is to not ride merry-go-rounds [to engage in endless re-treads] anymore)...my thinkin' was to let other folks say what I've been sayin' (they do so more fully and deeply than I do here)...but, I can only point to the lake: if you don't wanna swim, I can't make you
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

henry quirk wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 2:37 pm I can only point to the lake: if you don't wanna swim, I can't make you

👈..........👉

Thanks Henry, but I'd rather just balance nicely between the two, not really interested in tipping the balance. :D
henry quirk

high-larity

Post by henry quirk »

vegetariantaxidermy

Re: high-larity

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

You must be a Rupert Murdoch fan. He owns her.
henry quirk

Re: high-larity

Post by henry quirk »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:17 pm
You must be a Rupert Murdoch fan. He owns her.
nope...don't care